March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited November 2016
    I just discovered that MCCC is causing a routing issue if Your sim wants to put away a book if there was no bookshelf in the house.
    the sim will just play the routing issue animation & the book will randomly be placed on the ground while the sim is still clutching their hand as if they're still holding the book , a normal "Reset Sim" should fix the problem but it will happen again whenever the sim reads a book without owning a bookshelf.

That isn't being caused by MC. It's a game bug.

MC *used* to have that wrapped so we weren't seeing errors like that, but he dialed back on that (can of worms, he called it) a few versions back. Now ALL Put Books Away is referring to is specifically Teen Homework.

Here's what I did when Bella dropped a book at the picnic tables outside the Science Lab... with Debug Cheats enabled, I decided to shift-click on the book, and Destroy Object. Worked just fine. :smiley:

And then I went through all my housed played sims, and removed all books from inventories. If it keeps happening (I had 5 copies of that same lastexception error when it happened, apparently she kept trying?), I've already threatened to put households bookshelves on the chopping block, here. Whatever works.

Edit: add links: (posts between 15472 and 15485)

Question asked about the book error: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115564#post5115564 (#15472)

Answer: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115578#post5115578

My next stab at it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115587#post5115587

DP's final comment: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115683#post5115683

And mine: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115712#post5115712 (#15485)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Hi, is anyone else having issues with dates ending early especially with teens? I've had MCCC since I started playing in June and yes, I've kept up with updates, never had any issues until now. I started a new save with an orphaned teen and her kid sister. Her aspiration(Soulmate) required her to go on 2 dates but each time, after about 5mins into the date, I'd get a 'date unsuccessful' notification.

I thought it was my only other mod (UI cheats extension) causing it, so I removed it, cleared out all cc and left just MCCC in but the issue happened again until I removed MCCC and the bug went away. Put it back in and played another save, but this time I made two YA go out on a date and it worked fine. But my teens can't go on dates :(

I can't play without MCCC and I'm bummed cos I can't play that save and I don't want to get rid of MCCC.
    I regret some of my life choices.
    Hi, is anyone else having issues with dates ending early especially with teens? I've had MCCC since I started playing in June and yes, I've kept up with updates, never had any issues until now. I started a new save with an orphaned teen and her kid sister. Her aspiration(Soulmate) required her to go on 2 dates but each time, after about 5mins into the date, I'd get a 'date unsuccessful' notification.

I thought it was my only other mod (UI cheats extension) causing it, so I removed it, cleared out all cc and left just MCCC in but the issue happened again until I removed MCCC and the bug went away. Put it back in and played another save, but this time I made two YA go out on a date and it worked fine. But my teens can't go on dates :(

I can't play without MCCC and I'm bummed cos I can't play that save and I don't want to get rid of MCCC.

There were two updates after the patch, 3.0.0 and 2 days later, 3.0.1 (current version). Are you SURE you updated ALL of it (from both sites if you use the extra part) to the 10/30/2016 files? IIRC that dating issue was in 3.0.0 but fixed for 3.0.1.

Don't pay any attention to the load up window, it still says 3.0.0 no matter if you have 0 or 1. >.< DP missed a spot, there. :smiley: It's JUST a text field he added 3.0.0 to and forgot to change when he updated the mod to 3.0.1.

He had a fair bit to fix, he was up against a RL deadline and released 3.0.0, right before he went out of town for that weekend. Two days was plenty of time for us to find things not behaving properly, so when he got home, he jumped right in on hotfix 3.0.1. IOW, there'll be no tarring and feathering the man over one little Oops, you know? ;)

If you download it now, your package files won't have the dates they do in my screenshots posted here recently, but the ts4script files won't change from 10/30/2016 until the next version of MC is released (probably 3.1.0).

Make sure you don't have any ZIP files in /MC. That *will* cause issues. But I would recommend redownloading and reinstalling MC One More Time, and see if that fixes dates for you.

You updated UI Cheats to 1.7 after the patch, right? It and MC (I play with ALL of MC) are both working fine (together), here.

Let me know what happens.
    edited November 2016
    @Teslachick2

Try disabling Allow Teens in the other part. I thought THAT was a problem with 2.16, though, the pre-CL MC version. But it could've carried over, I guess. Your game is version 1.24?

(Covering bases.)
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    I just discovered that MCCC is causing a routing issue if Your sim wants to put away a book if there was no bookshelf in the house.
    the sim will just play the routing issue animation & the book will randomly be placed on the ground while the sim is still clutching their hand as if they're still holding the book , a normal "Reset Sim" should fix the problem but it will happen again whenever the sim reads a book without owning a bookshelf.

That isn't being caused by MC. It's a game bug.

MC *used* to have that wrapped so we weren't seeing errors like that, but he dialed back on that (can of worms, he called it) a few versions back. Now ALL Put Books Away is referring to is specifically Teen Homework.

Here's what I did when Bella dropped a book at the picnic tables outside the Science Lab... with Debug Cheats enabled, I decided to shift-click on the book, and Destroy Object. Worked just fine. :smiley:

And then I went through all my housed played sims, and removed all books from inventories. If it keeps happening (I had 5 copies of that same lastexception error when it happened, apparently she kept trying?), I've already threatened to put households bookshelves on the chopping block, here. Whatever works.

Edit: add links: (posts between 15472 and 15485)

Question asked about the book error: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115564#post5115564 (#15472)

Answer: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115578#post5115578

My next stab at it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115587#post5115587

DP's final comment: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115683#post5115683

And mine: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5115712#post5115712 (#15485)

Thank you so much :) ! It seems that it's a complicated issue & won't be fixed within the next update, glad My sims don't read much, cuz I'm not removing MCCC from my game HEEHEE
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @Teslachick2

Try disabling Allow Teens in the other part. I thought THAT was a problem with 2.16, though, the pre-CL MC version. But it could've carried over, I guess. Your game is version 1.24?

(Covering bases.)

@egwarhammer Now you mention it, I believe I forgot to get the other module when I updated to 3.1.0. I'll do that soon as I'm home and hopefully the problem goes away. Thank you so much! :D
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I know I have the latest version but it says 3.0.0 not 3.1.0 why is that?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Read four posts above you :) All will become clear.
    Actually 3.1.0 was a player-misprint, too. That version isn't out yet. ;)

Current version is 3.0.1. We had 3.0.0 for two days. :smiley: Both were kinda rushed... a missed text edit is ALL that 3.0.0 still showing, is. No issue. Files dated 10/30 (ts4scripts) will be the right ones. Watch my sig, when that info changes, I update it there. Posts from me are not generally hard to find. :blush:

3.1.0 will probably be what the next version is called... but DP hasn't been feeling well recently, and is in no hurry to release it, until he's done more testing. I'm cool with that. Health first. It's a game... we can wait.

3.0.1 has a few known issues (read/scan backwards here, you'll run into posts on that info), but overall it's fine. If anything unexpected happens, ask about it. I might know a workaround.

@itsug and @Bonxie

Overslept, that 3 hours yesterday pretty much guaranteed it for today. Sent DP that PM. Just mentioning it here because it's a flyby note not worth triggering a "hey she wrote a PM" notice over. Meh. LOL!

Work incoming. I gotta run.

Back in the AM! <3
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,872 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi.
    I have been directed here by rosemow because I posted a thread requesting an "MC mod for Dummies"
    I want to adjust the adult lifespan/s and I understand this is one of the many things MC can do.

Please consider providing a quick, basic, how to install and the main things MC does? Thanks.

Oh, and does MC affect how I would turn aging on and off for the non-active/non-played when doing rotational play. The idea is that I'll have two active households. I'll play a Sim week each, turn aging off for the other and only age all the non-actives/non-played while with one specific household. That way a full 'cycle' means everyone ages a week.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    NRowe wrote: »
    ...Please consider providing a quick, basic, how to install and the main things MC does? Thanks...

This would be a pretty long explanation because there are so many options. Please have a look at the MC MTS main page (link) where everything about the basics is explainend. Install it, click through the modules and check it out - it's the best way to understand. Make a backup of your savegames to have a fallback option.

A short step by step guide howto install MCCC (click on "show"):
    1. Download the packages from the MC MTS download section (link). Best practice is to download the complete collection "McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_1.zip" containing all modules.
    2. Unzip the zip file in to your s4 mods folder. Don't copy the zip file itself into the mod folder, only the content! In the end your mods folder should look like this (link).
    3. Start your game
    4. Check whether in Game Options > Other the checkboxes "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods allowed" are checked. If not click to check them.
    5. Restart your game.
    6. Now you should see the MC Command Center option if you click on a in game computer.
    7. If you are in doubt whether MCCC is loaded go to Game Options > Other and click on "View Custom Content".

...I want to adjust the adult lifespan/s and I understand this is one of the many things MC can do...

To access the MCCC configuration menu you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter. A tablet is also fine, but has first to be moved from the inventory and placed somewhere on the lot.

Where to find in MCCC
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Set Age Span Duration

Howto adjust the lifespans of a sim (click on "show"):
    1. Click on a computer or tablet on your active lot.
    2. Click on the "MC Command Center..." button.
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed.
    4. Click on "MCCC Settings..."
    5. A menu titled "MCCC Settings..." appears
    6. Click on "Set Age Span Duration" - it's the last option.
    7. A menu titled "Set Age Span Duration" appears
    8. Choose the age span you want to customize - Example Adult: Click on "Adult"
    9. A menu titled "Set Age Span Duration..." appears
    10. Change the value in the command line. Default for adults is "20". "40" will double the life span, "10" will cut it in half. Choose a value which suits your play style.
    11. Click on "OK" to enter your choice
    12. Repeat this for the other life spans. Click "OK" to enter your choices.
    13. If you want to exit MCCC click on the close button (X) in the upper right corner of the MCCC menu.

...Oh, and does MC affect how I would turn aging on and off for the non-active/non-played when doing rotational play. The idea is that I'll have two active households. I'll play a Sim week each, turn aging off for the other and only age all the non-actives/non-played while with one specific household. That way a full 'cycle' means everyone ages a week.

I'm not a rotational player so I've never checked this before. As far as I can see, this is not a MCCC option but a game option.

How to control sim auto aging (click on "show"):
    1. Go to Game Options > Gameplay
    2. Set the option "Auto Age (Played Sim)" to "Only Active Household"
    3. Uncheck the checkbox "Auto Age (Unplayed Sim)"

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#howto #install #agespan #autoaging #MCCC
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Thank you @Bonxie.
    A real newbie sort of question for anyone. How do I backup my save/game before installing?

and a more MC specific question. Does MC disable autosave by default?
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited November 2016
    @NRowe The easiest thing I have found is do a Copy/Paste of the Saves folder and place it on the desktop (or anywhere else you want outside of the Sims 4 Folder) . If anything goes wrong with your current save/saves just put your copy back in and you're right back at the point you were when you did "Copy/Paste".

You should do this often if you add/delete mods and CC, and of course Saves is one of the folders you need to set aside should you ever "refresh folder", which is what Rosemow often suggests when one's game gets glitched-up.

As for your MC question, someone else in here can take that. I don't use AutoSave and can't recall if I disabled it or not.

.. and I just noticed "today is patch day" again.. No time to skim this or other threads to see what sort of fun, if any, this will have in store for us.
    Thanks @Miki. Seems to me modding is easier in TS4. I remember having NRaas mods in TS3 (and I loved them) but we had to put in our own mod folder and resource file etc. And backup was really all kinds of areas if you wanted to capture everything. :)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @Bonxie.
    A real newbie sort of question for anyone. How do I backup my save/game before installing?

At least copy your "Saves" folder to your desktop. If you play on a windows computer, you should find it in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\This Sims 4. The path could vary due to your Windows and Origin installation, but most common is the one mentioned above. You might also consider to copy the folders "Tray", "Mods" and "Screenshots" if you use them.

I copy the whole "The Sims 4" folder frequently to an external USB hard drive. Imho the best way to do backups.

...and a more MC specific question. Does MC disable autosave by default?

I don't know whether I got you right. There are two ways of autosave - the build in and the MC autosave. MC works in a different way and doesn't affect the build in autosave and vice versa.
    • Build in method saves the game to a system reserved slot every time your active sim travels or you exit to Manage Worlds or the game. This system reserved slot is not equal to your save game slot.
    • MC autosave saves the game to your game slot within a customizable frequence, e. g. every 12 sim hours.

#MCCC #Autosave
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Thanks @Miki. Seems to me modding is easier in TS4. I remember having NRaas mods in TS3 (and I loved them) but we had to put in our own mod folder and resource file etc. And backup was really all kinds of areas if you wanted to capture everything. :)

So I have heard. Never had or played 3 or 2 for that matter but I read enough about it.

Yes, and "refresh folder" is a lot easier as well. Just taking out Mods, Saves, and Tray folders and the Config file works for me every time.

And especially "Saves"-- set that one on a jump drive if you are really deep into a game. I read on another thread a digital horror story about someone's SSD kicking the bucket and they had to start everything from scratch. (When those Solid State drives die, everything on them is usually gone. Not even the Rent-A-Geeks could get in and rescue her files.
    @Bonxie Two seperate autosaves makes sense. Cheers

@Miki Mmm. USB zip drive is a good idea. I nearly forgot.

Wish me luck as I take the plunge?!
    Blanket "Welcome" and "Thanks" for all who dropped in here today. RL things... I'll have more to say, I'm around, but stuff going on behind me.

@NRowe like I said, check out the Troubleshooter PDF. Assume 3.0.1 for MC references and 1.24 for game references, and it'll cover any issues. I know you're up and running... COOL! ... but things might come up.

I'm going to rewrite it for 3.0x stuff, just haven't gotten to it yet.

I'll be back. Just a "I'm in" note. ;)
    OT:

RL, kid vs math teacher, round 2... sort of. Different math teacher is why we changed schools. What is it with math teachers? She's just a substitute, too. Dissed my kid, seriously, today. Not for the first time. It WILL be the last time.

School will hear from hubby tomorrow, and me, if I don't like how that goes down. (He's more diplomatic in these "vs authority" situations, I'll give him first shot. Cleanup detail will be mine, if it's needed.) >:)

Our child will NOT be in that class (5th hour) tomorrow. If he has to call and wake me up to go get him... they will not be happy to see me.

(I told him, and hubby agreed, he has a perfect right to Make a Scene, if she crosses him again.)

Pretty upset. Not cool. Kinda blew the Cheerleader vibe out the window. I'm here, but Chatty Cathy is off the table for the evening. Work prep soon, it'll be good to go somewhere I can be productive without thinking about it much.

I'll try to be more with it in the morning, but given what's incoming, I can't promise that either. Sorry. RL > game, sometimes. This is about one of my babies.

~EG

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    OT:

RL, kid vs math teacher, round 2... sort of. Different math teacher is why we changed schools. What is it with math teachers? She's just a substitute, too. Dissed my kid, seriously, today. Not for the first time. It WILL be the last time.

School will hear from hubby tomorrow, and me, if I don't like how that goes down. (He's more diplomatic in these "vs authority" situations, I'll give him first shot. Cleanup detail will be mine, if it's needed.) >:)

Our child will NOT be in that class (5th hour) tomorrow. If he has to call and wake me up to go get him... they will not be happy to see me.

(I told him, and hubby agreed, he has a perfect right to Make a Scene, if she crosses him again.)

Pretty upset. Not cool. Kinda blew the Cheerleader vibe out the window. I'm here, but Chatty Cathy is off the table for the evening. Work prep soon, it'll be good to go somewhere I can be productive without thinking about it much.

I'll try to be more with it in the morning, but given what's incoming, I can't promise that either. Sorry. RL > game, sometimes. This is about one of my babies.

~EG

take all the time you need rl is more important. and i'm sure their are people here willing to help with questions.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member

Read four posts above you :) All will become clear.

@loubyloulou thanks.. not a big deal just wondered why.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member

I have an annoying problem with my game. I know the game is required to generate homeless sims for the sake of mailman roles and what not, but my game is behaving sort of strangely. I purposely set all generated sims to 100 elder and 0 male, so they would not reproduce with any of my custom families. All was fine and dandy until these old ladies suddenly went from homeless to all moving into lots. What's next, more single elders generated for the bin? Frustrated, I deleted them all. Granted, this is probably my own fault seeing as I only have 5 other families besides my main played household. But seeing as I am customizing all these sims from scratch, I'd prefer to take my time with them.. and not rush. I was planning on adding a couple more once the progression kicks in or something. It would probably not annoy me so much, but look at this.. *facepalm*

16ld18n.jpg

Need I say more?

All I am wondering is if there's a setting to stop the move ins for now.. I didn't seem to find anything in settings.

I noticed there's an option to move all the elders to a retirement home, but I am not sure how that would work. Could I just designate an empty lot for them to all congregate to? What happens when the game needs new homeless sims to replace them, though? Will the vicious cycle just continue until I no longer have anymore free lots? I also set the the "single sims move" opton to enabled, so that they would be a priority first and foremost, not these annoying homeless grannies.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    All I am wondering is if there's a setting to stop the move ins for now.. I didn't seem to find anything in settings.

I have adopted two solutions to this. You can edit the houses you wish to leave vacant in build mode to set bedrooms to 0. MC checks the validity of lots before moving households and if there are no bedrooms then the lot is invalid so no move takes place. But that's a lot of work if you only want 5 homed households.

My solution is to use the 'Open Houses' setting. I put mine up from 5 to 15 after city living and it stopped all moves. Most of my other worlds are 80% occupied. You could set it to the max of 50 or play around until you find your comfort zone. Find the 'Open Houses' setting via the UI is MC Population - Population Settings - Open Houses.

Hope that helps.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    @Cyclelegs

Hmm, I don't mind the bedroom idea. I will do it, if I have to. I can edit them later, when I add more sims to the town. I just find it sort of odd the single elder wound up with the multi-bedroomed mansion lot and the family of 6 wound up with a starter home. I would hope it would take in account the 0 bedrooms.

I didn't even think of using the option you suggested, open houses. That seems like it should've been more obvious to me.. I must be tired tonight. I will probably try setting it 50 and adjust it, if need be. I'll try both solutions, starting with this one first and let you know if it resolved the issue.

Thank you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top