Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Mac is glitching, lagging, and running so slow I can't play

Hello! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I don't know much about computers so I need assistance. The game takes forever to load, and often time when it does load the loading music is either playing during the game, or there is no volume. The pinwheel of death pops up every few moments and then I loose hours at a time in the game. In addition, the computer takes forever to recognize I have selected something.

Yes I have mods and CC but I have tried to play without them and it makes no difference. I also have tried repairing the game/ un-instaling it/ and have a new sims 4 folder load, but nothing has helped. I also own all of the EP, SP,GPs and noticed this issue becoming much worse after downloading CL.

PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    What Mac do you have? Click on About This Mac in the Apple menu and post all the details, except for the serial number, here.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2016
    OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.6 (15G1108)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Macintosh HD
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

@BluebellFlora Thank you for responding!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    raemariek wrote: »
    OS X El Capitan
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Macintosh HD

Those bits in red are why your game is laggy and unresponsive. Your Intel Core 2 Duo processor is only just above minimum requirements for the game, your NVIDIA graphics isn't very powerful either and your RAM is the minimum required. Upgrading to 8Gb RAM may help a bit, it's very easy to do yourself or maybe someone could do it for you?

In the About this Mac window, can you click on Storage and see how much room you have left on your hard drive?

Resetting the games graphics back to default settings should also help a bit - Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the Trash. Load up your game and see how it is. If it's still laggy then go into the graphics options in game and lower them all then restart your game.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    raemariek wrote: »
    OS X El Capitan
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Macintosh HD

Those bits in red are why your game is laggy and unresponsive. Your Intel Core 2 Duo processor is only just above minimum requirements for the game, your NVIDIA graphics isn't very powerful either and your RAM is the minimum required. Upgrading to 8Gb RAM may help a bit, it's very easy to do yourself or maybe someone could do it for you?

In the About this Mac window, can you click on Storage and see how much room you have left on your hard drive?

Resetting the games graphics back to default settings should also help a bit - Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the Trash. Load up your game and see how it is. If it's still laggy then go into the graphics options in game and lower them all then restart your game.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I just started a new job and I am exhausted when I get home. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me:-) I have 109.86 GB free of 319.21 GB
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I have an old Windows laptop I play on with even lower specs than that.
    The longer you play on a lot, and the more stuff they collect the worse the problem will get.

Try a single Sim on a starter lot. If it runs easy peazy you know for sure it's time for an upgrade.
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    When my game is like that I restart my mac and everything is fine again. This might not help you but that's what I do. I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You could also clear your RAM as well. I find that sometimes helps as well as restarting my Mac. I find that I do that as a habit from playing Sims 3.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    @Uzone27, @solvorsh and @Tremayne4260 I am going to try all these! If I hadn't just started a new job I would be going through the worse withdraws ever. Still it's pretty bad.....