Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea Happy timezones!
    Just wanted to update you on the members list for New in Town. We've had a bit of shifting lately, so I'm just going to list the full member list so you can bounce it off what you've got on the home page.
    Currently: @totalRainbow, @TaraIris94, @pixelatedKar, @sweetnightingale, @vxt18, @Juniper, @Socallucyfan, and @Kittybit.

We currently on have a few active members (some on break or hiatus), so I would like to add one more spot for a total of 9 members. I think that will give us a good number of active versus hiatus members at all times to keep activity good.
    Thank you and happy simming! :)

Thanks, Rainbow! I've got your list updated! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited November 2016
    One of our members @Eowyn was unfortunately banned. I'm not sure the reasons. I don't know what happened... so Willingly Writing has an open spot again. If you could remove her @CathyTea, and add an open spot for us, thanks! :(

Has anyone else noticed members getting banned? I seem to have noticed it frequently recently and I'm wondering why.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited November 2016
    @AdamsEve1231 : I've noticed it as well, one of our members in Random Reading Roundabout, @MoonGirl , has also been Banned, and from what I can see looking at her account, just like with @Eowyn there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. I couldn't even begin to guess why it might be. O_o So I guess it is safe to say that Random Reading Roundabout needs @MoonGirl removed and also has a slot open, for the same reasons, when you have a chance @CathyTea .
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    I'm for now, out of the sweet and spicy reading circle! Long story, to I be out of the reading circle.. @CathyTea ! Going to look into other and maybe talk about it later. :)
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    I'm for now, out of the sweet and spicy reading circle! Long story, to I be out of the reading circle.. @CathyTea ! Going to look into other and maybe talk about it later. :)

Hi, Ocha! Sorry to hear that you decided to take a break from Sweet and Spicy.

If you'd like to join Puffclaws, we'd love to have you. It's a fairly quiet circle, very welcoming and inclusive--some of us are actively writing our Circle stories, and some are taking breaks while working on other stories, but we're always happy to support each other!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited November 2016
    One of our members @Eowyn was unfortunately banned. I'm not sure the reasons. I don't know what happened... so Willingly Writing has an open spot again. If you could remove her @CathyTea, and add an open spot for us, thanks! :(

Has anyone else noticed members getting banned? I seem to have noticed it frequently recently and I'm wondering why.

I wonder if that may be what happened to some of the member of the Wolf Den. :( It's sad that it's been so quiet over there lately... :(

EDIT: @CathyTea Update on the members of the Wolf Den: JordanSimsF, Thymeless, and myself. Could you please update the list? Please and thank you. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options

@AdamsEve1231 : I've noticed it as well, one of our members in Random Reading Roundabout, @MoonGirl , has also been Banned, and from what I can see looking at her account, just like with @Eowyn there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. I couldn't even begin to guess why it might be. O_o So I guess it is safe to say that Random Reading Roundabout needs @MoonGirl removed and also has a slot open, for the same reasons, when you have a chance @CathyTea .

I wonder if that may be what happened to some of the member of the Wolf Den. :( It's sad that it's been so quiet over there lately... :(

EDIT: @CathyTea Update on the members of the Wolf Den: JordanSimsF, Thymeless, and myself. Could you please update the list? Please and thank you. :)

Hello, all! I've removed these folks and opened slots. If they're unbanned, we can welcome them back.

Cheers!

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Attention Reading Circles!
    PurpDayLogo.jpg
    December 1st, 2016

Purple Day is a time of honoring those Sims that have touched us through our stories or gameplay in general but have sadly passed on. From Thursday, December 1st, through Sunday, December 4th, I would like to encourage each Reading Circle to take the time to discuss all of your beloved Sims from your featured stories that have passed on with each other. What where they like in your game? What were some of your favorite memories of them? How did their meeting with Grim effect you? What was their overall impact on your story and your writing? This is a time to keep their memory alive!

Save the date!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @Mastressalita What a fabulous idea! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @mastressalita Awesome! I'd love to highlight some of these on our PurpleDaySims blog, too!

If you're interested in being an author on the PurpleDaySims blog or helping in any other way, please let me know, too! See the Purple Day thread for more! :)

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @mastressalita Awesome! I'd love to highlight some of these on our PurpleDaySims blog, too!

If you're interested in being an author on the PurpleDaySims blog or helping in any other way, please let me know, too! See the Purple Day thread for more! :)

i think the only thread we don't have now is for sims that are born. we have reading writing and dead.

goes back to lurk mode.
  • Options

i think the only thread we don't have now is for sims that are born. we have reading writing and dead.

goes back to lurk mode.

Lol, @friendsfan367. Maybe we should have a celebration of babies day... or at least celebrate this over in SimLit Celebrations! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @mastressalita hehe, I thought it was a thing we posted in our reading groups, so I made the post in the Wolf Den. Lol.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    @CathyTea I apologize for posting right after myself, but I just wanted to let you know that there is a bit of a mistake in the list you have for the Wolf Den. The members of the Wolf Den are: JordanSimsF, Thymeless, and myself. Could you please update the list? Please and thank you. :)
  • Options
    @CathyTea I apologize for posting right after myself, but I just wanted to let you know that there is a bit of a mistake in the list you have for the Wolf Den. The members of the Wolf Den are: JordanSimsF, Thymeless, and myself. Could you please update the list? Please and thank you. :)

Got it, Wolf! Please check to make sure I've listed everyone correctly now. Thanks!

• Options

Got it, Wolf! Please check to make sure I've listed everyone correctly now. Thanks!

Yes you have! Thank you very much! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    UPDATE: @CathyTea We have two new members! :)@Dancer-freak and @jbestxoxo! We still have ONE more slot open for a new member! :D

EDIT: And now, we have another new member! @Cement has filled in our last spot! We are now a full group! :D
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hello there, Cathy, hope you're doing well! :)

We have a new member at the Random Reading Roundabout. @Dancer-freak has joined our ranks. Can you please add her to our member list? Thank you!
  • Options
    UPDATE: @CathyTea We have two new members! :)@Dancer-freak and @jbestxoxo! We still have ONE more slot open for a new member! :D

EDIT: And now, we have another new member! @Cement has filled in our last spot! We are now a full group! :D
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Hello there, Cathy, hope you're doing well! :)

We have a new member at the Random Reading Roundabout. @Dancer-freak has joined our ranks. Can you please add her to our member list? Thank you!

Great! I've added these folks to your circles! :)

(I'm a huge fan of @Cement 's story--I'm looking forward to getting to know the other writers' works! :) )

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello. I am sorry for being a trouble but I have a question for all of you.
    I am a gameplay storyteller and I only do this for the sims 3 for now for a year now. I mix the gameplay with my imagination. I hide the bubble speeches and plumbbobs to let my imaginative part speaking. My English is very basic with a lot of mistakes for sure, I don't speak English fluently and my parts are easy to read. Not too much complicated and not too much long.
    I want to join a circle because I want to meet other gameplay simmers as well who grow up with their gameplays and with their stories. I am also own the sims 2 and perhaps if I'll can the sims 4. I accept everybody as simmers. I won't yell at you if you play ts4 and enjoy it.
    I don't know which one I can follow or choose. My English is not perfect so complicated stories I have to read them with a translator. I am a social butterfly if I have something to comment on your stories I say it and I want some feedbacks sometimes in return. I write this story for fun .
    I don't have a lot of followers I don't want to be veyr popular , just to meet new people who likes the game as I do and I try to read everything when I got freetime.

Thank you for helping me. :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Hi, there @Simsophonique No trouble at all :)

We, over at the Random Reading Roundabout, have an opening for a new member at the moment. As the name might predict, the members in our circle offer a random mix of both plot and game-driven stories created in either Sims 3 or Sims 4. We accept stories of all Sims versions and are open to all with creativity and enthusiasm. Reading your comment you seem to offer both so feel free to check us out right here. You're welcome to join! Just leave us a message there if you're still interested after reading our introduction ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi, there @Simsophonique No trouble at all :)

We, over at the Random Reading Roundabout, have an opening for a new member at the moment. As the name might predict, the members in our circle offer a random mix of both plot and game-driven stories created in either Sims 3 or Sims 4. We accept stories of all Sims versions and are open to all with creativity and enthusiasm. Reading your comment you seem to offer both so feel free to check us out right here. You're welcome to join! Just leave us a message there if you're still interested after reading our introduction ;)

@Twiggy : hello ;) how are you? Thank you so much for being so helpful . <3 I am very thankful . I am going to read . I accept myself everybody because we're all simmers and I hate the war between us this is stupid buit I just don't want to be a bother for people who can't stand ts3 for instance. Even though ts4 is not my favourite at all, I'll buy it for some reasons.
    Normally yes I offer both because hmm how can I say. I don't play my hundred of sims and the gameplay lacks of materials.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    Hi there, wonderful!

You are very welcome @Simsophonique I hope we offer a great place for you to hang out and get to know us. :blush:

@CathyTea Could you kindly add @Simsophonique to the RRR's member list on the first page here? Thanks, CT! <3
  • Options
    Hi there, wonderful!

You are very welcome @Simsophonique I hope we offer a great place for you to hang out and get to know us. :blush:

@CathyTea Could you kindly add @Simsophonique to the RRR's member list on the first page here? Thanks, CT! <3

@Simsophonique is now added to your group! Enjoy! :)

• Options
    Thank you @CathyTea and long life to the tea and the circle !

@Twiggy : I am glad to have been accepted thank you for everything :)