Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art of Sims Storytelling

Comments

• Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited November 2016
    No trying to be rude or anything, really, but, I only do as a hobbie, and, our plantet will be exploded just like the universe and everything that humanity has ever created will be destroyed, as so as that, if a thing like the line of evolution of a civilization will shade away like nothing, why would your story be any worse, even when life could not make it? :)Well, that scaled quickly...got a little to deep, sorry... :D
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Sourocha wrote: »
    No trying to be rude or anything, really, but, I only do as a hobbie, and, our plantet will be exploded just like the universe and everything that humanity has ever created will be destroyed, as so as that, if a thing like the line of evolution of a civilization will shade away like nothing, why would your story be any worse, even when life could not make it? :)Well, that scaled quickly...got a little to deep, sorry... :D

Here's a general tip that I hope will serve you well in life: if you ever have to preface a statement with "not trying to be x", just don't make that statement.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Thank you for your answers.

I am having trouble even considering writing fiction right now because to me it seems that there is no meaning in being locked on this planet with a species that insists on causing so much suffering, and I have been researching humans for years and years and years, starting when I was nine and I read all those books on the Holocaust, and 25 years later I still have no answer and no way to help and all I have is an absolute terror of my own species.

How do you write and attempt to create art and use language and reason while your species descends into brutality and unreason? How do you motivate yourself to create a tiny pointless useless light in the midst of a planet-engulfing wave of darkness?
    To me, knowing all that is a great motivator to keep creating and to keep trying my best to do nice things and help people be happy even in just small ways. Yes, this world is brutal, and humanity is capable of horrible things I can't even properly comprehend, and if one looks at a big enough picture, we all die, and this world will explode and eventually even the universe may come to an end (depending on the theory one believes in, it can also start over or do something else, though), so it's easy to think that nothing really matters in the long run. And I've struggled with trying to find meaning in the midst of all these thoughts, yes. But I think all that just makes finding meaning or just appreciating the good things or trying to make things better all the more important.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member

Here's a general tip that I hope will serve you well in life: if you ever have to preface a statement with "not trying to be x", just don't make that statement.

Did it sound rude? Oh, sorry... :( Will keep that in mind next time. :)
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member

Wow, now this sounded kinda rude to me. (Considering this thread is supposed to be a place for writers to discuss their different approaches, outlooks and philosophies.) But maybe I just misunderstood, since my english is not that great. If so, I apologize.

@Sourocha I don't think you were rude, actually, you have a point. The truth is we don't know everything about the universe yet and it's possible that one day, when we know more, we'll find a way to escape that unevitable destruction (and by that, I mean physical destruction). Until then, we need to learn to live with this feeling of senselessness - and that feeling can be unbearable. But I think we need to remember that we are here. Billion years from now, there's going to be the end, yes. But until then, we are here. And we have this huge amount of time, unimaginable amount of time ahead of us. We can't just sit still. There's so much to explore and to experience and we are somehow blessed with this ability to observe and to create... so we can't just sit still. Or we can, but the outcome is still the same, so why not make the best out of life while we can.

And living my best - in my case - includes writing and that's why I do it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Did it sound rude? Oh, sorry... :( Will keep that in mind next time. :)
    It didn't sound rude to me.

@Sourocha I don't think you were rude, actually, you have a point. The truth is we don't know everything about the universe yet and it's possible that one day, when we know more, we'll find a way to escape that unevitable destruction (and by that, I mean physical destruction). Until then, we need to learn to live with this feeling of senselessness - and that feeling can be unbearable. But I think we need to remember that we are here. Billion years from now, there's going to be the end, yes. But until then, we are here. And we have this huge amount of time, unimaginable amount of time ahead of us. We can't just sit still. There's so much to explore and to experience and we are somehow blessed with this ability to observe and to create... so we can't just sit still. Or we can, but the outcome is still the same, so why not make the best out of life while we can.

And living my best - in my case - includes writing and that's why I do it.
    @CharmingMaruska This is a beautiful thought, and I agree (well, except with the possibility to escape destruction because I think that eventually everything will end, and that's one of the things that makes everything so valuable, but I do like your hopeful outlook on this and I certainly respect it :smile:). We're here right now. And so is so many other wonderful things.

My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited November 2016
    How do you write when there is no meaning?

If you using the word "meaning" to mean what I intend to convey to my readers through language and movement and the pictures, then I can still write. I want my stories to have deeper meaning and purpose than pure entertainment, but sometimes that's just what people need, and it's what I need. I sometimes have to release myself from the pressures of being a deeply meaningful writer and just write and let it flow and see what happens. Sometimes I have to let go of my outlines and plans and just let the game happen and go from there.

If you are using the word "meaning" to mean that there is significance and quality to my writing or my story, well, then I don't know. That I kinda leave up to my readers. My characters and my story are meaningful to me, and that's enough sometimes. I also know I have a loyal set of followers which is nice and contributes to the whole "my story has purpose and meaning." I agree with @rednenemon and @InfraGreen, I hope that my writing will bring meaning to each readers' life in some way. I am often fascinated with how my readers will interpret things, and this gives me more ideas and fuel for meaning and purpose.

How do you write and attempt to create art and use language and reason while your species descends into brutality and unreason? How do you motivate yourself to create a tiny pointless useless light in the midst of a planet-engulfing wave of darkness?

For me, writing is a way of knowing. Writing is a way of understanding myself and the world around me. I write to process my thoughts (so I journal frequently). I write to know myself better and to touch the Divine. I write to reach others around me in hopes that they will be uplifted.

Art has always existed in the middle of chaos and destruction. Anne Frank wrote a beautiful diary that was later shared with the world - and this is a piece of history, but also I'd argue a piece of art. She wrote beautifully and poignantly in the middle of a nation 🐸🐸🐸🐸-bent on destroying a people. I came across this article the other day when reading about the Holocaust - an article celebrating Jewish artists who were forced into hiding or into concentration camps and ghettos.

I've always found war memorials to be beautiful pieces of artwork. I've been to the Sacramento Vietnam War Memorial and I love how the sculptures are simple, yet poignant, and deeply moving - pieces to honor those who have sacrificed and gone before us. You can view some pictures here.

Here's another art gallery with 20 artworks inspired by the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York.

Art doesn't cease to exist in the broken, bitter, brutal world we live in. Art can't cease to exist unless we let it. I believe even the darkest of days can have moments of light. Our stories, even if they are dark, or carry heavy topics, or breach difficult real-world subjects, can still be art and still have meaning and purpose. If my story brings a smile to someone's face, if my story distracts someone from their pain for a moment, if my story resonates with someone briefly, if my story gives someone hope that others out here suffer too and know what it feels like to be in pain, then my story is meaningful and had its purpose and gave a brief sliver of light.

Art doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to be happy and upbeat. It can be sad and angry and frustrated and broken. Art can be a symbol of strength, hope, and peace. Art can be a statement about the brokenness and betrayal of our fellow humans, and even in that, it can be beautiful. When all else fails, nature can harvest and hold some of the most beautiful artistry in the world.

I love what the Oklahoma City National Memorial says about the Survivor Tree - "witness to tragedy, symbol of strength." This American Elm tree withstood the blast of the Oklahoma City terrorist bombing in 1995.

Art, whether found in nature or manmade, is a witness to countless tragedies, but it is also a symbol of strength. Art, in any form, tells the world that we cannot be bullied into silence, we cannot be ridiculed into shame, and we won't play victim to blame. We are strong. And our art will live on long after we leave this world. And we may never know how many lives were touched by the words we wrote, the paintings we painted, the sculptures we sculpted, the music we played, and the countless other ways we do art.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 I want to like, awesome and insightful your above post so many times! :smile: It was so, so well said! :heart:
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I want to like, awesome and insightful your above post so many times! :smile: It was so, so well said! :heart:

Me, too. That's an amazing and inspiring post!

I want to jump in, also, on the whole "humanity plums" conversation, because of something really simple:

@AdamsEve1231 's post is amazing, inspiring, heartfelt, kind, and very thoughtful and loving. And she's a part of humanity.

Every one of us who's posted here has posted something thoughtful--we're all part of humanity.

I'm part of humanity, and I'm kind, thoughtful, compassionate, and insightful. My boyfriend is part of humanity, and he's amazing.

Each of you that I know here has tremendous goodness, insight, and wisdom--and you're all part of humanity. You're all amazing. And you're all part of humanity.

So I'm not buying the whole "Humanity is dark and destructive" myth. It's simply not true. The world is more complex than that, and limited, dualistic thinking doesn't help us to build the strength, courage, and kindness that we and our world need now. #KindnessWarrior

I'm not buying dualities that keep us split and prevent us from understanding.

See I know that I'm prejudiced. My boyfriend is. Each of you is. Everyone who is a person is prejudiced because the human mind works that way. And simultaneously, the human minds gives us the tools to expand our thinking, challenge our prejudices, and grow beyond them.

And do you know what one of the most powerful tools for challenging prejudices and growing beyond limiting, dualistic thinking is? Literature. Reading and writing it. Here's a pretty good article about the topic, http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/06/how-reading-makes-us-more-human/277079/ and there are many more...

Here are a few questions:

How has reading helped you break down and grow beyond a prejudice?

How has writing SimLit help you build compassion and understanding?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thank you, @CathyTea for that amazing post! I also think that while humanity is capable of dark and destructive things (and sadly many also use that capability), it has so much goodness and compassion and creation in it that we can also be good and loving and understanding and make the world a better place. Like we are doing all the time. :)
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thank you @CathyTea for your kind words. I think we all struggle with prejudices and biases. We all say things we don't mean sometimes. We're human. It happens. Personally, for me, I do think this world's got a lot of darkness and bleakness to it. My family, friends, and faith in addition to my writing help me to be positive and look at the bright side of things, though sometimes a healthy dose of realism isn't a bad thing. I am hopeful that we will one day be restored to balance, harmony, and peace, but I don't think it'll happen in this lifetime. We all have inner good, although I think we also have inner bad, and we have a choice as to which side we will cater to.

For me, reading SimLit and reading in general has made me more aware of the world. Everyone has a story. Two weeks ago, my class took a trip to downtown our state capital and visited with people who are displaced. Our tour was specifically guided by someone who lives in the neighborhood on the streets. When we finished, and it was a lot to take it, I was overwhelmed. I can't be the same again. One man said to us how much he appreciated how we all took the time to come and hear the stories of the street. One woman who is trans told us thank you for listening to her story because no one else will. I wouldn't have ordinarily felt comfortable with this trip, but I found myself surprisingly comfortable and feeling safe with the people we spoke with on the streets. When you take the time to listen to someone's story, they become real. They become more than just a face and more than just a condition. I have been learning to open up my heart to love and listen more, and I feel like I've still got a long way to go. It changes you when you hear and read stories about people you would've thought were so different from you when in reality they are just like you and me.

Your second question has got me thinking and I want to think some more before I answer.

Thank you, everyone. You're all beautiful people!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thought I'd take a crack at my questions!

I dislike the disease of alcoholism so much, that I noticed I'd developed a prejudice against alcoholics. When I started reading @InfraGreen 's Eight Cicadas, I felt an immediate antipathy toward Annette. There she was, stumbling drunk, encouraging her underage relative to drink. Two chapters later, when I discovered that Annette would be one of the main characters, I had to decide quick: stop reading, keep hating her, or work past my dislike and discover who she really is. I had to keep reading, because @InfraGreen writes so well and this story had me captive. So I challenged my prejudice. InfraGreen made it easy for me to do so. Her characters aren't stereotypes--and they're written with such a feeling of affection that it was impossible for me not to love Annette Waverly. Now, she's on my super-short list of favorite Sims and favorite characters.

Reading @rednenemon and @AdamsEve1231 's treatments of the Rackets, in addition to Infra's, has also helped me break down my prejudice against criminals.

I guess what I discovered about my prejudices is that they made it possible for me to take specific people--those whom I felt were somehow "wrong"--and shift them into the "other" category. Not just the "not-me" other category, but the "not human" other category. There are people, and there are alcoholics. There are people, and there are criminals. My mind had created these very strong distinctions. This is how prejudice works! So as I read these works of SimLit, and I discover that I am moving these characters out of the "other" category, I am considering them as people, as individuals. This reading experience is teaching me to notice every time I shove someone into the "other" category.

Usually, for me, this happens when someone does something I find morally reprehensible. Like the other week, I overheard a few of my office mates meanly gossiping about a co-worker. And I stuck them in that "other" category. A different response, and one I'm working towards now, is to not relegate those who engage in gossip as "other," but to understand that this is a behavior that many people can engage in. It may be a harmful behavior--but this doesn't make the person who gossips "other." It makes them a person who sometimes, under specific situations, talks about another person in a way that might not be helpful. That doesn't mean that the person needs to be relegated into the desert island that I call "other."

In fact, my experience reading the works I mention above is prompting me to do away with that desert island called "other" and to replace it with a more inclusive approach towards people. That reading experience is helping me to note when my prejudices kick in, and then to work towards dismantling them. It takes vigilance, and it also feels really good in the brain, for the tight categories break down, and new dendrites and mental complexity are formed.

I also feel that it's a lifelong practice and something I will never master, but always continue to work on, and I find this exciting, and it elevates the position of reading in my list of activities.

Well, when I was writing Goofy Love, I ran into a long string of Mean Sims. People (or Sims) who are mean are also individuals that I have historically shoved into my "other" box. Playing Goofy Love, when some of my own favorite Sims rolled the Mean trait, I had to come to some sort of understanding of the meanness. Mostly, the Sims were mean when pressures built up inside. They couldn't help it. I'd cancel the mean actions from their queues, and they'd do them anyway. Then, they'd feel badly about the hurt they caused to the other person and to their relationship. They suffered more from their meanness than anyone else did.

And that's what brought me compassion for them.

This past week, one of my younger co-workers has been so upset from the election. Usually, he's a friendly, relaxed, helpful guy. Lately, he's been sullen, rude, sharp, and mean. Having had experience with Mean Sims from my legacy made it easier for me to let his behavior roll off my back. I understand the pressure and emotional strain he feels. I know he'll feel worse than any of us when he realizes how his sharpness has made us feel. He deserves a break and understanding, and not to be discounted just because he's displayed some trying behavior during a tough time. I'm not so sure it would have been so easy for me to cut him some slack before I'd had so many experiences playing and writing Mean Sims.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Thought I'd take a crack at my questions!

I dislike the disease of alcoholism so much, that I noticed I'd developed a prejudice against alcoholics. When I started reading @InfraGreen 's Eight Cicadas, I felt an immediate antipathy toward Annette. There she was, stumbling drunk, encouraging her underage relative to drink. Two chapters later, when I discovered that Annette would be one of the main characters, I had to decide quick: stop reading, keep hating her, or work past my dislike and discover who she really is. I had to keep reading, because @InfraGreen writes so well and this story had me captive. So I challenged my prejudice. InfraGreen made it easy for me to do so. Her characters aren't stereotypes--and they're written with such a feeling of affection that it was impossible for me not to love Annette Waverly. Now, she's on my super-short list of favorite Sims and favorite characters.

Reading @rednenemon and @AdamsEve1231 's treatments of the Rackets, in addition to Infra's, has also helped me break down my prejudice against criminals.

I guess what I discovered about my prejudices is that they made it possible for me to take specific people--those whom I felt were somehow "wrong"--and shift them into the "other" category. Not just the "not-me" other category, but the "not human" other category. There are people, and there are alcoholics. There are people, and there are criminals. My mind had created these very strong distinctions. This is how prejudice works! So as I read these works of SimLit, and I discover that I am moving these characters out of the "other" category, I am considering them as people, as individuals. This reading experience is teaching me to notice every time I shove someone into the "other" category.

Usually, for me, this happens when someone does something I find morally reprehensible. Like the other week, I overheard a few of my office mates meanly gossiping about a co-worker. And I stuck them in that "other" category. A different response, and one I'm working towards now, is to not relegate those who engage in gossip as "other," but to understand that this is a behavior that many people can engage in. It may be a harmful behavior--but this doesn't make the person who gossips "other." It makes them a person who sometimes, under specific situations, talks about another person in a way that might not be helpful. That doesn't mean that the person needs to be relegated into the desert island that I call "other."

In fact, my experience reading the works I mention above is prompting me to do away with that desert island called "other" and to replace it with a more inclusive approach towards people. That reading experience is helping me to note when my prejudices kick in, and then to work towards dismantling them. It takes vigilance, and it also feels really good in the brain, for the tight categories break down, and new dendrites and mental complexity are formed.

I also feel that it's a lifelong practice and something I will never master, but always continue to work on, and I find this exciting, and it elevates the position of reading in my list of activities.

Well, when I was writing Goofy Love, I ran into a long string of Mean Sims. People (or Sims) who are mean are also individuals that I have historically shoved into my "other" box. Playing Goofy Love, when some of my own favorite Sims rolled the Mean trait, I had to come to some sort of understanding of the meanness. Mostly, the Sims were mean when pressures built up inside. They couldn't help it. I'd cancel the mean actions from their queues, and they'd do them anyway. Then, they'd feel badly about the hurt they caused to the other person and to their relationship. They suffered more from their meanness than anyone else did.

And that's what brought me compassion for them.

This past week, one of my younger co-workers has been so upset from the election. Usually, he's a friendly, relaxed, helpful guy. Lately, he's been sullen, rude, sharp, and mean. Having had experience with Mean Sims from my legacy made it easier for me to let his behavior roll off my back. I understand the pressure and emotional strain he feels. I know he'll feel worse than any of us when he realizes how his sharpness has made us feel. He deserves a break and understanding, and not to be discounted just because he's displayed some trying behavior during a tough time. I'm not so sure it would have been so easy for me to cut him some slack before I'd had so many experiences playing and writing Mean Sims.

I'm sorry if I'm using this space wrong!

@CathyTea

I love to read stories that challenge our inner biases. Could you give the title for the stories written by @rednenemon and @AdamsEve1231 called? I tried @InfraGreen 's but the story is not available to the public anymore. Also tried googling the rackets but nothing close to a story came up.
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam Hi! I'll try to find them for you! I also have some current recommendations I'm happy to share. And I'm off to check out your blog now!

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited December 2019
    Well first off:
    @CathyTea
    You're aliiiiive :p

Second
    @mercuryfoam
    Here you be. :)

Yeah I figured that even though I'm mostly on AO3 nowadays (the link should be in my sig if you ever want to check that out), I left up my Sims stuff in case anyone ever wanted to go through them for some reason.

Talk about a walk down memory lane. Also to let you know; the chapters mostly don't have pictures because...reasons (i.e. I wasn't really playing the game at the time I was writing).
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited December 2019
    Blast from the past! All my apologies to @mercuryfoam, but the art of storytelling < the art of dealing with stories that are full of past shames and maybe some internalized h0mophobia. Which sometimes just means shutting doors for a bit. I keep telling myself that I'll sort this out one day but alas.

Less personal is that the eightcicadas.com domain expired and got captured by another party. I'm not entirely sure what it leads to because it's in Chinese and I don't read that but idk...be a responsible netizen.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @rednenemon and @InfraGreen Hi guys! Great to hear from you! I don't know if we've just passed each other by or if I'm just too little on this forum or if you guys are elsewhere, but anyway, it's good to hear from you! I hope everything's going great and you have happy holidays/whatever the time for you at the moment is about!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Whoa! This thread is alive! Aww yay! It makes me happy. I've missed you all. :)

@mercuryfoam My Colt Family Traitacy is available [url=" https://livinasimminlife.wordpress.com/story-corner/on-hiatusinactive/colt-family-traitacy/generation-one/"]here [/url], though it can use some updating/tweaks/edits, etc. :grimace: That's the story about the Racket family. I have others on the same site, and my other main story is The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright over here. What kinds of stories are you looking for?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but it seems like the most appropriate to me??

Anyway, while I've been writing fanfiction since I was just a kiddo, I've only been writing simlit for... two years, I think? So I'm very insecure about the stories, the plots, the posts... pretty much everything lol Basically, what I'm asking is for someone to check out my Wordpress and give me their honest opinion on the layout and post format? You don't have to read my stories, that's not what I'm asking, but maybe just skim a chapter or two and tell me if it looks decent?? Maybe give me some suggestions on how to organize better or anything really. I want to change my theme, too, but I can't find one that fits that's also free lol Maybe I should just buy one?

Hope this is okay to ask ^~^ The link is in my signature or you can click here.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but it seems like the most appropriate to me??

Anyway, while I've been writing fanfiction since I was just a kiddo, I've only been writing simlit for... two years, I think? So I'm very insecure about the stories, the plots, the posts... pretty much everything lol Basically, what I'm asking is for someone to check out my Wordpress and give me their honest opinion on the layout and post format? You don't have to read my stories, that's not what I'm asking, but maybe just skim a chapter or two and tell me if it looks decent?? Maybe give me some suggestions on how to organize better or anything really. I want to change my theme, too, but I can't find one that fits that's also free lol Maybe I should just buy one?

@AnnoyingTiger Just checked out your blog. Looks clean and easy to navigate. I also like that your writing is large and easy to read and the pictures and colour scheme are great.
    Only thing I would say is that there are a couple of stray pictures left from possibly the wp theme. They make the blog feel unfinished so if it's possible to get rid of those pictures that would help.

However this is a very good blog. :)
  • Options

@AnnoyingTiger Just checked out your blog. Looks clean and easy to navigate. I also like that your writing is large and easy to read and the pictures and colour scheme are great.
    Only thing I would say is that there are a couple of stray pictures left from possibly the wp theme. They make the blog feel unfinished so if it's possible to get rid of those pictures that would help.

This made me smile so widely! I'm glad to know that it's not terrible. I don't really understand what you mean by stray pictures though... do you mean the scenic shots?

ntlW6ly.png
  • Options

This made me smile so widely! I'm glad to know that it's not terrible. I don't really understand what you mean by stray pictures though... do you mean the scenic shots?

@AnnoyingTiger It's a really good website. You should be proud. :)
    I'm meaning the sample pictures that come with the theme. I'm having trouble explaining it, sorry. :joy:
  • Options

I'm meaning the sample pictures that come with the theme. I'm having trouble explaining it, sorry. :joy:

WP makes it super easy to edit blog themes because they give you options instead of a wall of HTML. I'm not seeing any sample pictures, that's weird :s I wonder if it's an ad or something? Ads are disabled on my view so I can't see any but I know WP adds them to the blogs.
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options

WP makes it super easy to edit blog themes because they give you options instead of a wall of HTML. I'm not seeing any sample pictures, that's weird :s I wonder if it's an ad or something? Ads are disabled on my view so I can't see any but I know WP adds them to the blogs.

@AnnoyingTiger Oh right yes. It probably was. Silly me. :joy: Then keep up the good work. XD
  • Options

@AnnoyingTiger Oh right yes. It probably was. Silly me. :joy: Then keep up the good work. XD

I will, thank you so much for the encouragement! It means a lot to me~ (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
    ntlW6ly.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top