Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Space for expansion packs

I was wondering how much space you need on your Mac to download expansion packs?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    It varies. Depends on how much content the package contains. Is it a game pack, stuff pack or expansion pack.
    If you find the package in the store, and then scroll down to the System Requirements. It says how much space is needed.

I currently have the following installed:
    • The Sims 4 (Obviously)
    • Get to work
    • Get together
    • City Living
    • Spa day
    • Dine out

My Sims 4 application file is taking up 18,5 GB space, and my save games take up 140 MB (0,14 GB)
    And you should always have a little more than that free space, it needs some space to work.
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2016
    On Origin, this is what it says under the requirements for all the 3 expansions:

Get To Work: 3GB Free Space (14GB with Installing The Sims 4)

Get Together: 3GB Free Space (14GB with Installing The Sims 4) - This would probably be 6GB if installing Get To Work AND Get Together.

City Living: 3GB Free Space (14GB with Installing The Sims 4) - This would probably be around 9-10GB if you are installing with Get To Work, Get Together AND City Living.

On the other hand, Game Packs say that they need 3GB, but I doubt that, because it doesn't have as much content (gameplay and build/buy mode) as an expansion pack.

Hope this clears things up! :)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Besides what others have stated if you add CC or mods you will need more space for that too.