March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    VioletRed wrote: »
    Hi, need help with the dresser. I have a cc hat item for female that is showing up on males also. Previously I was able to adjust through Dresser (I think it was Dresser) that men wore no hats and that solved the problem. But with this update it reset alot of things to default and that hat is showing up on the men again but I can't find the Dresser option. Can someone tell me where I can that please? Might be called blacklisting or whitelisting..something like that maybe. Thanks!

"Reset defaults"? Did you put your before-update (from MC 2.16) mc_settings.cfg file and your mc_dresser.cfg file in your folder with the new 3.0.1 package and ts4script files?

If you saved those, your settings should have stayed the same as before, overall.

BTW, haven't seen you around for a while... happy for the fly by! Drop in more. :) As in, not just when you have problems. I like good news posts, too. :p

Cheerleader's last night of RL work for the week is incoming. Tomorrow, week off starts. OMG am I READY!!!!!!!!

what do you do? either i forgot or it got buried here somewhere.

Cashier, 3rd shift. I usually see about 120 customers a night. Last night I saw 52 in an hour and a half, but, only 111 when the night was said and done. Very strange night, with the extra work hour added. Also, I got my flu shot. LOL!

i live on the edge i figure if i get the flu the worst that will happen is i can't shop. i don't work except sunday.but since i shop monday and wednesday none of the other days matter.

good luck in real life. now that 15 of 16 mods work i need to try and get my generation 2 kids to teen. itsbeen 3 months.

15 of 16? What's being stubborn?

If I could KEEP one game going, I'd be the slowest player ever anyway. Definitely feel you on the "3 months". LOL!!

whoo. but considering i couldn't get any working that doesn't bother me.i just can't figure out why it showson my blue list but not game.

What's the DATE on that file, the WH .ts4script? I've sent you TWO different private links to direct copies of that file. Please try one.

It's working fine for a lot of people as long as the ts4script dates are ALL 10/30. If that one isn't, take it out of your folder till you get the right one. It won't work right, loading it will give you problems.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi, need help with the dresser. I have a cc hat item for female that is showing up on males also. Previously I was able to adjust through Dresser (I think it was Dresser) that men wore no hats and that solved the problem. But with this update it reset alot of things to default and that hat is showing up on the men again but I can't find the Dresser option. Can someone tell me where I can that please? Might be called blacklisting or whitelisting..something like that maybe. Thanks!

"Reset defaults"? Did you put your before-update (from MC 2.16) mc_settings.cfg file and your mc_dresser.cfg file in your folder with the new 3.0.1 package and ts4script files?

If you saved those, your settings should have stayed the same as before, overall.

BTW, haven't seen you around for a while... happy for the fly by! Drop in more. :) As in, not just when you have problems. I like good news posts, too. :p

Cheerleader's last night of RL work for the week is incoming. Tomorrow, week off starts. OMG am I READY!!!!!!!!

Cashier, 3rd shift. I usually see about 120 customers a night. Last night I saw 52 in an hour and a half, but, only 111 when the night was said and done. Very strange night, with the extra work hour added. Also, I got my flu shot. LOL!

i live on the edge i figure if i get the flu the worst that will happen is i can't shop. i don't work except sunday.but since i shop monday and wednesday none of the other days matter.

good luck in real life. now that 15 of 16 mods work i need to try and get my generation 2 kids to teen. itsbeen 3 months.

If I could KEEP one game going, I'd be the slowest player ever anyway. Definitely feel you on the "3 months". LOL!!

my generation 2 heir decied to get back at his wife who cheated by havning his own affair. he got the girl pregnant then he divorced his wife because he like the new woman better. sonow i bounce back and forth between his old house and his new one. his kid count is 9 but a friend liked his wife who has 3 of her own so 12 kids.
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Regarding mass townie generation:

I just found a note from @deaderpool in the MTS comment section (#15136, p. 606, 2016/11/05, 05:59pm):
    ...When they add new roles for the new expansions, I have to analyze them to try to determine if I need to make special code changes for the new expansion for MC Population to work correctly with all the new filters they add for those roles. That's the process that I've started going through this week. So far, I've had no issues, myself. Everyone that is getting generated is for a needed role. We have had other reports though of MANY homeless Sims being generated over-and-over again for a specific role. Most likely, users with those issues have population settings different than me so my settings won't show it happening. If you want to zip-up your mc_cmd_center.log (so I can see which filter is being generated over-and-over) and your mc_settings.cfg and post them here, It would probably help track things down for me a lot.

Maybe there will be a functional change in the next MCCC update.

Okies, I'll set my Maximum Homeless to 0 or 1, and post my log files over at MTS for Deaderpool. Thanks for the help, guys. :)

whoo. but considering i couldn't get any working that doesn't bother me.i just can't figure out why it showson my blue list but not game.

What's the DATE on that file, the WH .ts4script? I've sent you TWO different private links to direct copies of that file. Please try one.

It's working fine for a lot of people as long as the ts4script dates are ALL 10/30. If that one isn't, take it out of your folder till you get the right one. It won't work right, loading it will give you problems.

just so i know what should the date be? i can't rember since it took me a few extra days just to get mc.

just so i know what should the date be? i can't rember since it took me a few extra days just to get mc.

Are you even reading my posts @friendsfan367 ???????

I have told several people including you several times ever since it posted that ALL YOUR TS4SCRIPT FILES MUST BE DATED 10/30/2016 TO BE FROM 3.0.1.

Really?

I have ALSO posted the screenshot. Tinypic is back up, they ARE posted to this thread. More than once, since 10/30. Because nobody reads backwards and people keep asking. I don't have time to do it again right now, but scroll up, page back. You won't have to go FAR to see one.

And you will know you have the correct files if you REDOWNLOAD the mod. The ts4scripts don't change between versions. Package files might and will because of translations being added.

I don't expect everybody to go back FAR, but it WOULD be nice if you'd at least browse through the pages from 10/27 (last GAME patch) forward here, to see where MC was then, and is now. Lots of info about things already seen and either fixed or incoming.

I'm tired. Having to re re repeat things is getting to me. I don't see how rosemow does it. Being a retail cashier during holidays, which is from Halloween-New Year's inclusive, on overnights, at my age... it's hard. Love you guys, love this game (modded), love this place, but, I'm TIRED.

Please do your homework, people. I can only do so much and I would like to PLAY while I'm off work, too. Brand new game save waiting for me. Has been for days. Give me some help. Please.

And it's about time for me to start getting to work. I'm obviously not in the best mood... I'll check back here in the morning.

Cheerleader is out.

Are you even reading my posts @friendsfan367 ???????

I have told several people including you several times ever since it posted that ALL YOUR TS4SCRIPT FILES MUST BE DATED 10/30/2016 TO BE FROM 3.0.1.

Really?

I have ALSO posted the screenshot. Tinypic is back up, they ARE posted to this thread. More than once, since 10/30. Because nobody reads backwards and people keep asking. I don't have time to do it again right now, but scroll up, page back. You won't have to go FAR to see one.

And you will know you have the correct files if you REDOWNLOAD the mod. The ts4scripts don't change between versions. Package files might and will because of translations being added.

I don't expect everybody to go back FAR, but it WOULD be nice if you'd at least browse through the pages from 10/27 (last GAME patch) forward here, to see where MC was then, and is now. Lots of info about things already seen and either fixed or incoming.

I'm tired. Having to re re repeat things is getting to me. I don't see how rosemow does it. Being a retail cashier during holidays, which is from Halloween-New Year's inclusive, on overnights, at my age... it's hard. Love you guys, love this game (modded), love this place, but, I'm TIRED.

Please do your homework, people. I can only do so much and I would like to PLAY while I'm off work, too. Brand new game save waiting for me. Has been for days. Give me some help. Please.

And it's about time for me to start getting to work. I'm obviously not in the best mood... I'll check back here in the morning.

Cheerleader is out.

sorry i had a long day today.
    I've had a long day every day since the PATCH dropped. Worse for modders, bad on steroids for helpers, though.
    I've had a long day every day since the PATCH dropped. Worse for modders, bad on steroids for helpers, though.

i bet. thats why i left you alone because most of it works . considering i had nothing working i'm happy with what i have already.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited November 2016

I myself is getting out of unemployment Today Monday, so no more slacking for me. :D
    Im actually glad to start working again.. it's been a looong year. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    itsug wrote: »
    I myself is getting out of unemployment Today Monday, so no more slacking for me. :D
    Im actually glad to start working again.. it's been a looong year. :)

All the best to you and your new job. Keep my fingers crossed that every thing goes well. :)

Btw. had a very exciting stay in Iceland in 2010 short after the Eyjafjallajökull eruption. Love the north.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Something to consider, from Deaderpool:
    Every time someone has had problems with their game not loading a household, we've found that they

Haven't installed everything correctly or
    Don't have the right versions of the Sims 4 or
    Don't have the right versions of the modules (3.0.1)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5112479#post5112479
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    hmm I updated my mcc to 301 but when I open sims 4 it still says 'welcome to mc command 3.0.0 does that mean I did not install it correctly?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
    edited November 2016
    hmm I updated my mcc to 301 but when I open sims 4 it still says 'welcome to mc command 3.0.0 does that mean I did not install it correctly?

If the file date in your mod folder is 2016/10/30 everything is OK.

It's a mishap that the welcome screen still shows the 0 and not the 1 as the last digit. But it's not worth to rework the whole package.

• FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member

It's a mishap that the welcome screen still shows the 0 and not the 1 as the last digit. But it's not worth to rework the whole package.

yup it says 10/30 thanks!
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
    edited November 2016

one of mine says 10/ 30the other says 11/5 . i think i just have track the other 10/30 file. i found the one when i ran the scan and discovered that one of my whoo files got the virus in it. i don't have time to check for the other file today .got a dr appoinment.
    I've been browsing MC comments from the Change Log for 3.0.1 forward this morning (since last night, really), and I ran into this about the infamous Travel Bug from Deaderpool again, posted Nov 2:

2nd Nov 2016 at 7:41 PM
    Quote: Originally posted by aerogurl87
    I get the same error too and it's definitely from this mod. Hopefully it is fixed soon since I hate having to play without it.

(From Deaderpool)

Hopefully you read-up on the other posts about this, including that it can be caused by people using the wrong version of the mod (3.0.0) when all of the loading failures that we've had proof of were fixed in 3.0.1. As of right now, there hasn't been any save files/setting files submitted to me with an error preventing the game from loading beyond what we fixed with 3.0.1, so I can make any fixes I find.

People have been posting, but then not answering questions or providing feedback needed to try to resolve any issues. Seeing how there are so many other broken mods out there, just saying that with my mod in it crashes and with it out it doesn't isn't enough. So many people try to use that as the sole evidence that the problem is in my mod. Sometimes it is, but there have been many times when the problem is actually another mod that conflicts with MCCC. When MCCC isn't installed, it doesn't conflict so there isn't the problem! That doesn't mean my mod is causing the problem...it means there is a conflict. In the same manner, if the OTHER mod was removed, then MCCC wouldn't conflict with any again so it would also work.

This is why I ask for save files and user settings. If I can run it on my game and reproduce the issue, then it is definitely my mod and I can work to fix it. If I can't reproduce it with a save file and settings file, then it is something else the other user has on their system, CC or mods.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5110232#post5110232

Tagging @rosemow just because the same logic would apply to ANY script mods, not just MC.

Other modders would probably appreciate more detailed info as much as Deaderpool would. "It's not working" is NOT enough. And "your mod broke my game" is annoying. :#

Thought this was worth sharing. I'm around.
  • BloziraBlozira Posts: 45 New Member
    @egwarhammer Hi! I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I'm having trouble finding a good thread, in which I can post questions about gameplay interactions and stuff. Could you please point me in the right direction? :smile:
    My current question is about the "share pictures" interaction. I'm having a baby shower event (thanks to brittpinkiesims' mod) and I'm supposed to "share pictures with 3 guests".
    i need more teens in my game but i never used population settings because i always had plenty til this game .how does it work?
    edited November 2016
    i need more teens in my game but i never used population settings because i always had plenty til this game .how does it work?

Try the following MC settings:

This option is mandatory for the MC Population module to work:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Use Custom Population = enabled

These options change the probability to 100% of generated baby/child/teens to be teens:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Populating Settings.... > Percent Baby = 0 (zero)
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Populating Settings.... > Percent Child = 0 (zero)

You can also add a sim to a single adult or family in CAS or adjust the age of an existing sim in a family to teen with the age slider (with cas.fulleditmode enabled).

The game's most preferred way would be producing offspring and raise them... ;)

Post edited by Bonxie on

Try the following MC settings:

This option is mandatory for the MC Population module to work:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Use Custom Population = enabled

These options change the probability to 100% of generated baby/child/teens to be teens:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Populating Settings.... > Percent Baby = 0 (zero)
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population... > Populating Settings.... > Percent Child = 0 (zero)

You can also add a sim to a single adult or family in CAS or adjust the age of an existing sim in a family to teen with the age slider (with cas.fulleditmode enabled).

The easyest way would be producing offspring and raise them... ;)

my sims have 12 kids because of a divorce so their related to almost everyone. thank you.
    One possible cautionary note about those Population settings... MC is currently throwing errors if people use 0 in any of the population settings. Something new coming from CL, apparently.

DP is looking at it, but for now, I'd recommend putting a positive number in those settings. It can be small, I use 10 in a couple of them. I haven't tried anything smaller. 10 seems to be enough below default 33 that I can tell a difference in what ages generate, but it's "open" enough to let the game do what it needs to for filters, too.

Till he gets more code for CL things in place, it's best to leave a "crack in the door", a small opening so the game CAN use those age ranges if NEEDED, rather than giving it problems it can't handle well by using 0 and locking those doors shut.
    Blozira wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Hi! I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I'm having trouble finding a good thread, in which I can post questions about gameplay interactions and stuff. Could you please point me in the right direction? :smile:
    My current question is about the "share pictures" interaction. I'm having a baby shower event (thanks to brittpinkiesims' mod) and I'm supposed to "share pictures with 3 guests".

Hi, and welcome to the madhouse! :) Sorry for not answering this earlier, I usually work 3rd shift (off this week), and I sleep at weird times. Like, not long after I first saw your post.

I was hoping someone else would answer this for you. Since they didn't, I'm gonna get more direct. @rosemow and @brittpinkie would be good to ask for insight here. ;)

Gotta go out to vote, I'll be back.

General note to my people in this "MC related" thread... I recently posted an invitation for people bombing the broken/updated mods thread to bring their MOD related questions here, because they don't need to be asking in that thread, and here we use more than just MC usually.

Info is power. Share the joy. And be nice to the new kids. :) (We may see some without MC with questions, like from new members who can't start their own threads. Just a heads up!)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hello @Blozira
    Because it is an interaction that is a part of a mod created by another simmer, it would be best to post your questions on the download site of the mod. The mod creator will help to answer your questions.
    One possible cautionary note about those Population settings... MC is currently throwing errors if people use 0 in any of the population settings. Something new coming from CL, apparently.

DP is looking at it, but for now, I'd recommend putting a positive number in those settings. It can be small, I use 10 in a couple of them. I haven't tried anything smaller. 10 seems to be enough below default 33 that I can tell a difference in what ages generate, but it's "open" enough to let the game do what it needs to for filters, too.

Till he gets more code for CL things in place, it's best to leave a "crack in the door", a small opening so the game CAN use those age ranges if NEEDED, rather than giving it problems it can't handle well by using 0 and locking those doors shut.

is there a way to set which teens show up? i need teen girls. sorry i'm stiill learning how the differnt modules work.

is there a way to set which teens show up? i need teen girls. sorry i'm stiill learning how the differnt modules work.

I don't think the mod will get THAT specific. If you have cas.fulledit enabled, though, you can do a lot of tweaking on sims yourself, as far as changing around ages and genders to get sims more in line with what you have in mind.

MC automates a lot, but he's not really about having it do EVERYTHING for us... between everything the game does behind the scenes and everything the mod does in general, I already kind of feel like I spend more time watching those two play my hood for me, than I feel like I"m doing much playing myself. Know what I mean?

You CAN set those ranges to tip MORE toward certain age/genders, but honestly I'd probably wait to do MUCH on that until after the next MC version, simply because right now we ARE in that zone between patched changes being included in MC, and EP-added changes NOT having been dealt with, yet.

BTW, no ETA at all on incoming MC updates (he hasn't said "when")... I'm just sure there'll be one, sometime.

He's like that, keeps up with stuff, but, some things take longer to do than others. :smiley: (Captain Obvious says Hi.) :p
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top