Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 on the new MacBook Pro

In the new 15 inch MacBook Pro we have an AMD Radeon Polaris gaming chip, Intel Skylake, and other things, so, my question is will it probably be better with TS4?

Comments

• Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    "Better" depends on what you are coming from. Apple reports it's better than the last generation, of course, but it's still soon tell. As it was just announced today, and as Apple uses exclusive hardware, it's fairly early to speculate - but it appears that the top-tier Radeon 460 is somewhere slightly above an nVidia 960M, and well over the "recommended specs" of a GTX 650. I would assume that it would play the game just fine, as long as it doesn't have any overheating issues, or doesn't get throttled to prevent said overheating. (Since Apple is all about thin-and-light, they're not too fond of fans, so everything gets dumbed-down to use less power and generate less heat.)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    Brilliant said Nearia35

For more info, try to read my post in the thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903127/would-these-specs-work#latest
    Though the key information has already been said here.
  • thebigmermaidthebigmermaid Posts: 9 New Member
    I honestly desperately hope they figure out how to make the fans less quiet because yikes it's so loud.
    I would rather my Macbook be a pound heavier than as loud as it is.
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    I honestly desperately hope they figure out how to make the fans less quiet because yikes it's so loud.
    I would rather my Macbook be a pound heavier than as loud as it is.

They stated that they use "newly designed" fans.

I mean, I hope they are quieter but work as effectively (if not better) than the old ones.

I am looking to pick up one of the 15" models, but will wait until I see benchmarks and games on the new GPUs.
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • AVS0SAVS0S Posts: 1 New Member
    Watched a teardown on the the late 2016, it only has one fan.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    AVS0S wrote: »

The 15" with Touch Bar has two fans.

apple-signature.png
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2016
    AVS0S wrote: »

The 13" without the Touch Bar has one fan.

The 13" WITH the Touch Bar has two fans.

And the 15" with the Touch Bar has two fans as well.

It's only the 13" (no-TB) that has 1 fan, because of the 15W processor, it doesn't generate as much heat, as the higher tier ones. :)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png