Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any info on bubble blower flavor moodlets yet?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
So far we still don't know what moodlet each flavor gives your sim.

I found 1
Snow Flurry makes your sims have chills which can carry over for several hours.

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited November 2016
    I think that each flavor can have a few different outcomes. Your sim can, for example, get an initial positive moodlet but if you keep directing them to blow bubbles that can turn into a dazed+3 lol. I've also had bored +1 2hrs.

I've had different reactions to all of them but didn't write any down so I can't remember exactly but the Jade Dragon(name?) made my sim burp up green gas that he found utterly disgusting and made him look like he was nauseous.

The Fairy Fizz made him 'introverted' and suggested he needed time lone as it was all getting too much for him. lmao it was a tense moodlet.

Cosmic Encounter: Inspired +1 Imaginative 3hrs/also Inspired +3 Luminous 4hrs

Xanadou Sunset: Happy +3 3hrs/also Loquacious +3 4hrs (positive) and something about it being a great time to talk to friends

Deepest Plum: Playful +2 2hrs moodlet named 'Resonant' and made my sims voice super deep..worse than grims!
    also had Embarrassed +2 moodlet named 'Rumbling' 2hrs

Golden Rush: Energized +3 4hrs, moodlet called 'Going for Gold' and apparently my sim could go all night.

Snow Flurry: Focused +2 3hrs Called 'Crystallized' and he shivered/ also Uncomfortable +2 3hrs and my sim turned blue from cold

Passionfruit Potion:Angry +2 3hrs and my sim turned red and blue fire and the bubbles he blew were fire/also Flirty +3 4hrs
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't remember which flavour my sim was trying but they got a sad moodlet which implied they regretted trying drugs blowing bubbles on their own.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Can't remember the flavour now but one of them made my sims playful for a couple of hours and voices as they had inhaled helium gas, I couldn't hear them talking without laughing
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I don't think they have an actual set moodlet. I've never gotten the same moodlet. I thought the passion fruit one made Sims flirty. Then when I tried it again to make his date flirty she became sad.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    I don't think they have an actual set moodlet. I've never gotten the same moodlet. I thought the passion fruit one made Sims flirty. Then when I tried it again to make his date flirty she became sad.

I think it is more like there are a few random ones that can pop up like bored, sad, happy, dazed and asleep and then each flavor has up to 3 specific moodlets. So like a +1 moodlet and a +3 moodlet where sometimes a positive moodlet (eg focused) can change into a negative one (uncomfortable) if you direct your sim to blow too many bubbles in one session.

lol...I've been playing around all afternoon on the bubble blower, my poor sim! ;) I'm wondering if there is a hidden skill here as my sim seems to be getting better at... blowing bubbles and now other sims seem more likely to cheer him on then do that negative hand flap thing.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    My sim got a sad moodlet from it. It was called "glum" and said something like, "I thought this would be more fun."
  • drallabmasdrallabmas Posts: 7 New Member
    Yeah when I tried the fairy dust or something like that my sim got a helium voice (it made him embarrassed), and deepest plum gave him a voice that sounded like a demon lol really deep (playful moodlet). Golden rush got him energized all three times I had him do it, plus other random ones.
    My sim got a moodlet when blowing Golden Rush that indicated he had peed himself and he made a sort of "I've just peed myself" action even though he was sitting down. :o I'll have to try to recreate it as I forgot to write down the game descriptor!!

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    My sim got a moodlet - I think it was called 'Pip-squeaky' - that made her sound as if she'd inhaled a balloon full of helium :D It lasted quite a while too.
  • Momo_MoonMomo_Moon Posts: 18 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think that each flavor can have a few different outcomes. Your sim can, for example, get an initial positive moodlet but if you keep directing them to blow bubbles that can turn into a dazed+3 lol. I've also had bored +1 2hrs.

I've had different reactions to all of them but didn't write any down so I can't remember exactly but the Jade Dragon(name?) made my sim burp up green gas that he found utterly disgusting and made him look like he was nauseous.

The Fairy Fizz made him 'introverted' and suggested he needed time lone as it was all getting too much for him. lmao it was a tense moodlet.

Xanadou Sunset: Happy +3 3hrs/also Loquacious +3 4hrs (positive) and something about it being a great time to talk to friends

Deepest Plum: Playful +2 2hrs moodlet named 'Resonant' and made my sims voice super deep..worse than grims!

Golden Rush: Energized +3 4hrs, moodlet called 'Going for Gold' and apparently my sim could go all night.

Snow Flurry: Focused +2 3hrs Called 'Crystallized' and he shivered/ also Uncomfortable +2 3hrs and my sim turned blue from cold

Passionfruit Potion:Angry +2 3hrs and my sim turned red and blue fire and the bubbles he blew were fire/also Flirty +3 4hrs

Really it changes everytime like
    One time, golden rush made my sim sad, a video I saw, it removed all bluffs, so really I believe it is undecided.

• FemaleTroubleFemaleTrouble Posts: 38 Member
    Had a sim try Cosmic Encounter last night and something weird happened where she was "asleep" (dark blue, emotion avatar changed) while she was sitting in a chair watching a movie. A moodlet popped up related to it but it all happened so fast and I didn't grab a screenshot. Pretty sure it was something about being so relaxed reality faded for a second. I will have to try this again and pay closer attention. It was pretty funny as if she had fallen asleep with her eyes open momentarily.
    tumblr_novzxnecn01tdnvrao1_500.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Had a sim try Cosmic Encounter last night and something weird happened where she was "asleep" (dark blue, emotion avatar changed) while she was sitting in a chair watching a movie. A moodlet popped up related to it but it all happened so fast and I didn't grab a screenshot. Pretty sure it was something about being so relaxed reality faded for a second. I will have to try this again and pay closer attention. It was pretty funny as if she had fallen asleep with her eyes open momentarily.

Sims may fall asleep when they watch boring movie/movie that they don't like so much. It is not a effect of the bubble blower.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    No Egon VM, you are incorrect here. My Sims fall asleep regularly whenever they use the Xanadu Sunset flavor of the Bubble Blower. That's why it has the word: Sunset in it. It makes them sleepy most of the time. Other times, like others here have said... my Sims will want to talk for hours after using this flavor.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2016
    Momo_Moon wrote: »

Really it changes everytime like
    One time, golden rush made my sim sad, a video I saw, it removed all bluffs, so really I believe it is undecided.

Your sim will get a positive moodlet for whichever flavor they take if they successfully blow out bubbles, but once they choke, it will turn into a negative moodlets, so I suggest players to watch their sims while they're blowing bubbles and tell them to stop their sims from continuing once their sim has successfully blown bubbles to get the positive moodlet, or let them continue and wait for them to choke if you want them to get the negative version.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited November 2016
    @DeKay you are spot on. There are a lot of moodles, far too many to list here (between 3 -4 for each flavor plus a few generic ones) but once a sim chokes and if the moodlets turns 'negative' if they blow bubbles correctly the next time it can become a 'positive' moodlet again. It's quite cool.

Also, seems like a hidden skill might be involved as my sims basically never chokes now... mind you he has been blowing bubbles for many sims days while I gathered all the moodles lol. :D

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    @DeKay you are spot on. There are a lot of moodles, far too many to list here (between 3 -4 for each flavor plus a few generic ones) but once a sim chokes and if the moodlets turns 'negative' if they blow bubbles correctly the next time it can become a 'positive' moodlet again. It's quite cool.

Also, seems like a hidden skill might be involved as my sims basically never chokes now... mind you he has been blowing bubbles for many sims days while I gathered all the moodles lol. :D

Bubble blower master. :innocent:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I just ran a test with all the different flavours. I found the following:

Passionfruit Potion
    Angry +1 moodlet

Cosmic Encounter
    Asleep/"Zonked" +10,000

Snow Flurry
    Uncomfortable +2
    Sim also turns greyish/white

Jade Dragon
    Tense +2

Golden Rush
    Energised +3

Fairy Fizz
    Energised +1

Deepest Plum
    Playful +2

Cosmic Encounter
    Asleep/"Zonked" +10,000

Xandu Sunset
    Sad +3 moodlet

I plan to try it again with my other Sim because I couldn't seem to get any different outcomes from the same cartridge with the Sim I was testing it on.
    giphy.gif
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Caleb got really embarrassed when trying the one that sends your voice up. Can't remember which one it was but it was hilarious!
    Gallery ID: babysquare