Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Becomes Unresponsive when I go to Game Menu

So here's the thing, before the launch of City Living, I noticed my game becoming harder to save. In fact, my problems first started when I tried to safe and suddenly the "Save" button stopped working. I'd exit out the Game Menu and eventually went to build mode, nothing popped up, but my camera was still able to move around to lot. I had to force quit. Ever since that incident, saving has been a pain. I once tried to save a game and it went pitch black, resulting in another force quit.

Now, whenever I open the game, I'd go to the Menu Option to try to edit the Game Options, but the buttons become unresponsive. Then I exit and try to press the big Play button, but the button is also unresponsive. So now, I've been opening the game and press the three dots, go to the Game Options button and NOTHING HAPPENS. My game becomes unresponsive and always result in a force quit. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    btarttbtartt Posts: 4 New Member
    I also learned that I can't "Plan a Social Event", The Career, Skills, Relationship, Inventory, Simology, Clubs panel aren't showing. As I continue playing, I see more and more problems.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Are you using Mods?

Can you move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts out onto your desktop then launch your game and see if you're having the same issues.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    btarttbtartt Posts: 4 New Member
    I did exactly that and it worked. Thanks!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You're welcome :) Always make sure your Mods are still compatible with the game after patching and installing a new pack.
    apple-signature.png