Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods, Oct. 27/16 + CL

Comments

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    edited November 2016
    Terra wrote: »
    I see that zerbu's Voidcritter Cards stay in NPC inventory is listed under updated, but the link in the master post just takes me back to the July 19 version, and I don't see any update on zerbu's tumblr. Is there a new version of the mod we need to avoid game conflicts? (I'm talking about Zerbu - Voidcritter Card Fix.package)

I'm honestly not sure. I just put down the link he'd posted. I'll ping him with your question on Twitter.

Actually, now I'm not sure where I got that from. I think I'll sort that out tomorrow, if you don't mind! I'm on not enough sleep today.

When you follow the link to Zerbu's cc in SCS, look for the update tab....he's updated it; it's just the original date that shows. I'm not sure if this is true of all SCS cc but it seems to be for all of Zerbu's.

BTW - I'll pull the entire mods file and only run the voidcritters in time capsules one to see...loading that game timewise will certainly not be a problem. However....I'll have to play a sim til he finds one lol If it's not then a problem...what? Leave it in and start adding back in batches? arrrrgh....and here sits my CL code which I nearly attacked the UPS driver to get my hands on lol

EDIT: wrong, wrong, wrong :-(

I followed the link sent to my email by SCS as I always follow zerbu's venue list mod there. The link announced he had updated the venue list. That is verified by pulling up the "updates" tab at SCS...HOWEVER --> The d/l that's there has NOT been updated. Now, this was true a couple hours ago and maybe (hopefully) that's changed. So I chased down his tumblr blog and it has been updated there. I cannot pick up the link but if you sign in to tumblr, search for ZERBU. You can even open an account with tumblr, never set a dashboard...just search (in this case for zerbu). I can verify that it is NOW working in my game after d/l from zerbu's tumblr blog. :)
    Post edited by ClaimingTheFifth on
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited November 2016
    and here sits my CL code which I nearly attacked the UPS driver to get my hands on lol

I can only imagine the look on that poor driver's face. :D
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    BMamba74 wrote: »
    Just discovered after downloading City Living that Zerbu's Venue List Mod needs updating to add the Karaoke Bar and Arts Center venues.

It is now updated!

• buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    my Mod Conflicts Detector told me that No Fade Trees/Street Lamps and Less Smiling mods are causing game conflicts. They worked for me ok but i removed them.
    If a mod conflict detector is telling you that mods are conflicting with game files, that's fine since that's what a lot of mods are meant to do. If it's telling you that mods are conflicting with each other, that's a completely different issue.

the thing it it says Mod/Game conflict. it does not show alerts for other mods so i don't know. maybe there was a conflict on a deeper level. i removed them as i wanted to test if they cause the lag or conflict with MCCC as i have been having some issues with it too. however, no luck.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I see that zerbu's Voidcritter Cards stay in NPC inventory is listed under updated, but the link in the master post just takes me back to the July 19 version, and I don't see any update on zerbu's tumblr. Is there a new version of the mod we need to avoid game conflicts? (I'm talking about Zerbu - Voidcritter Card Fix.package)

I'm honestly not sure. I just put down the link he'd posted. I'll ping him with your question on Twitter.

Actually, now I'm not sure where I got that from. I think I'll sort that out tomorrow, if you don't mind! I'm on not enough sleep today.

When you follow the link to Zerbu's cc in SCS, look for the update tab....he's updated it; it's just the original date that shows. I'm not sure if this is true of all SCS cc but it seems to be for all of Zerbu's.

BTW - I'll pull the entire mods file and only run the voidcritters in time capsules one to see...loading that game timewise will certainly not be a problem. However....I'll have to play a sim til he finds one lol If it's not then a problem...what? Leave it in and start adding back in batches? arrrrgh....and here sits my CL code which I nearly attacked the UPS driver to get my hands on lol

What is SCS? Can you post that link please?
  • emmuureemmuure Posts: 4 New Member
    The Wicked Woohoo mod keeps my game from saving since this patch, it comes up with an error code. I removed it and the game had no issues saving. I also took out the snow mod, I doubt that was it though, I had used it earlier today before I got rid of a bunch of cc and merged my cc together.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    @emmuure that first one can't be mentioned in these forums, fyi.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SinaSimSinaSim Posts: 64 Member
    @emmuure are you sure you installed it correctly? I'm not having any issues saving with it, but you should probably report the issue at the site where the creator's topic is since we're not allowed to discuss it here.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    my Mod Conflicts Detector told me that No Fade Trees/Street Lamps and Less Smiling mods are causing game conflicts. They worked for me ok but i removed them.
    If a mod conflict detector is telling you that mods are conflicting with game files, that's fine since that's what a lot of mods are meant to do. If it's telling you that mods are conflicting with each other, that's a completely different issue.

the thing it it says Mod/Game conflict. it does not show alerts for other mods so i don't know. maybe there was a conflict on a deeper level. i removed them as i wanted to test if they cause the lag or conflict with MCCC as i have been having some issues with it too. however, no luck.

The trouble with mod conflict detectors is, though, they won't do anything with script mods. They're great for finding PACKAGE file issues, but that's about all they can do.

General tip to all... if your game is updated to 1.24 for the CL patch, any script mod you have dated before Oct 27 is very likely broken. Take it out, till you check for an update OR verify one is not needed.

When you find an update, post it here. Same for broken files. Share the wealth. :)

• buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member

The trouble with mod conflict detectors is, though, they won't do anything with script mods. They're great for finding PACKAGE file issues, but that's about all they can do.

General tip to all... if your game is updated to 1.24 for the CL patch, any script mod you have dated before Oct 27 is very likely broken. Take it out, till you check for an update OR verify one is not needed.

When you find an update, post it here. Same for broken files. Share the wealth. :)

@egwarhammer i did not know that! I will tinker with my script files and test :)
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Just going to throw this one in here: Zerbu's All Music Stations Unlocked mod.
    It's still working as intended, but it doesn't include all of the new stations we've received. (So whether you want to include it or not, it's alright; I figured I would at least mention it.)
    Just going to throw this one in here: Zerbu's All Music Stations Unlocked mod.
    It's still working as intended, but it doesn't include all of the new stations we've received. (So whether you want to include it or not, it's alright; I figured I would at least mention it.)

Thanks! I'll put it down as not updated for CL.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • eightthirtyeightthirty Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for this post!! I haven't run into any broken CC and I have a ton. I haven't enabled script mods since I got my new laptop, but I do have a few that I'll miss until they're updated. I'm glad the custom food interactions is updated, though. That was one of my faves. I remember getting tons of CC food for the The Sims (1).
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

SCS= sims community social- they recently added a portion where you can upload mods/cc
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited November 2016
    Custom Bar Drinks by icemunmun on MTS in progress to be updated (it has script file).
    Icemunmun wrote: "I am in the process of updating the script and moving it into the food group since this mod uses similar code. Will update it soon!"
    Words are soul's image
    edited November 2016

No problem...sometimes I think we all take things for granted! I know with a series of letters I often have NO idea what the heck they're referring to :wink:

http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/venue-list.49/

:# EDIT: See my previous post....this is NOT updated. This is the link sent to my email and announcing that the mod has been updated (when, in fact, the actual d/l there has not been updated). I chased down the truly updated mod at zerbu's tumblr blog. I cannot post the link but just search on tumblr for zerbu.
    Post edited by ClaimingTheFifth on
    edited November 2016
    Alrighty...and this makes sense----> ShimrodVoidcrittersTimeCapsules.pkg ONLY works in my game if I keep in VoidcrittersForAllAges. I'd pulled the "all ages" one because it was referred to in the borked list and I really didn't care...left the TimeCapsules one in thinking at least my adult sims could "sell" them...but Time Capsules without "for all" wouldn't allow my adult sims to open the time capsules they found. So there! Now I'm going back to CL :)

Edit: BTW - I've left both mods in my game with no apparent problems. On the other hand, I never play Sims children and do not have a Voidcritters game in my game so I cannot attest to the game workings...only the collecting :)
  • icemunmunicemunmun Posts: 128 Member
    Custom Bar Drinks by icemunmun on MTS in progress to be updated (it has script file).
    Icemunmun wrote: "I am in the process of updating the script and moving it into the food group since this mod uses similar code. Will update it soon!"

I have uploaded the updated script and interaction to TheFoodGroup however the upload is in the moderation queue so it will be available in a few days. I have separated the script and the drinks similar to the Custom Food interactions.
    @luthienrising I hope it's alright if I mention a couple of potential glitch areas for MC 3.0.1 here...

EP added new Population stuff. People are seeing their bin going overboard with creating sims, in some cases. If you have 0 in any Population Percent setting you probably need to put a positive number in there, till the next mod update. Defaults are 33. I have 10 in a couple of those fields.

"Population_PercentAdult": 20,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    "Population_PercentChild": 65,
    "Population_PercentElder": 10,

Bin seems to be working fine... but I have not played more than a few minutes yesterday, since adding CL. No time this week, so far.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5109938#post5109938

Occult Abduction Frequency seems to be having issues, too. If you're seeing any LastExceptions, set it for Normal, for now.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5109939#post5109939

Browse up if you want more details, it's info spread through several posts.
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    This is a broken CC comment:

I did not see this mentioned, but Plasticbox's BlandCo overhaul modthesims.info/d/543893 does not show the new textures for the upper cabinets. I would consider it broken if you like the textures. Plasticbox has not been active for a long time, so not sure if it will ever get fixed.
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Male body hair at Luumia's Lair does not work with the new CL tattoos. It *does*, however, work with the other tattoos. http://luumiasims.com/post/122822929519/follower-gift-part-26-thats-right-more-body

Luumia has no plans to buy CL till it goes on sale, so it may be a while.
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, guys! Updating/adding notes to here. @icemunmun drop me a note when that upload goes through? I never did get around to checking for things today, and tomorrow will be worse.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Male body hair at Luumia's Lair does not work with the new CL tattoos. It *does*, however, work with the other tattoos. http://luumiasims.com/post/122822929519/follower-gift-part-26-thats-right-more-body

Its a bit more complicated than that in my game. For me, the body hair is not compatible with a selection of tattoos from a range of packs and one from the base game. It seems to depend on whether the body hair on the torso clashes with a tattoo on the torso; clashes on the arms and legs seems to be OK. Its a bit of trial and error. If there is an incompatibility you have to decide on the hair or the tattoo.
  • guardianangelguardianangel Posts: 7 New Member
    Male body hair at Luumia's Lair does not work with the new CL tattoos. It *does*, however, work with the other tattoos. luumiasims.com/post/122822929519/follower-gift-part-26-thats-right-more-body

Luumia has no plans to buy CL till it goes on sale, so it may be a while.

I tested out the body hair with the new tattoos and it worked for me. This was tested by taking an existing sim to CAS, I haven't tried making a new household and trying there.
    Thanks, guys! Updating/adding notes to here. @icemunmun drop me a note when that upload goes through? I never did get around to checking for things today, and tomorrow will be worse.

Had a minute, it's there now...

Custom Food Interactions (Update Nov 3, 2016)
    by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 9:30 AM - Updated Today at 7:51 AM by TheFoodGroup : Updated for new Patch

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top