Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For user LadySnow7989 - Mac issues new patch

My game won't start since the patch. I have no mods or cc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the game and packs. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled origins. I have tried restarting my mac and nothing. This is quite frustrating considering I was in the middle of a build and stopped for dinner. Now It and the rest of the game seem to be in limbo. I have no firewall on or virus protection on when I start it. I have spent the last 9 hours trying to fix this problem. Please someone help.

Comments

• Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    Yeah - me too. I patched last night, opened up today. Game wouldn't start. Came on here, so restarted laptop, reopened Origin, ran it - it ran ok, but a bit laggy and slow. Shut down, came back, and game wouldn't open again. Seriously. Plummed. Off.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah - me too. I patched last night, opened up today. Game wouldn't start. Came on here, so restarted laptop, reopened Origin, ran it - it ran ok, but a bit laggy and slow. Shut down, came back, and game wouldn't open again. Seriously. Plummed. Off.

When you say laptop are you on Mac or PC. This section is for Mac. Im not on Mac and I posted this for another player. PC is having the same problem. Can you play in off line mode and turn off origin in game and see if that helps.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @Hobbitmama75 @LadySnow7989

Are you getting any error messages? If you're getting a specific one that looks like this:

initializationerror.png

then you need to click through the intro videos when the game launches. EA are aware of it.
    apple-signature.png
  • LadySnow7989LadySnow7989 Posts: 5 New Member
    @BluebellFlora Thanks. Tried that it didn't work but thanks. I just got on and have a new update for sims. Hope this will help. Thanks again for your help.
    That's the error message I'm getting it - I seem to be able to resolve it by quitting Origin, restarting the laptop, restarting Origin and then launching the game. But thanks @BluebellFlora !
    It's not going online though, so that's a bit of a plummer!
    That's the error message I'm getting it - I seem to be able to resolve it by quitting Origin, restarting the laptop, restarting Origin and then launching the game. But thanks @BluebellFlora !

The issue was fixed in a patch released last night (GMT), you should have been prompted to update in Origin?

apple-signature.png
  • LadySnow7989LadySnow7989 Posts: 5 New Member
    It works but now I can't access the gallery or any online stuff in the game. Which is a bummer because I like to build and Now I can't share. Bluhhhh>>>
    It works but now I can't access the gallery or any online stuff in the game. Which is a bummer because I like to build and Now I can't share. Bluhhhh>>>

Do you have Origin disabled in game?

apple-signature.png