March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited October 2016
    happygurl wrote: »
    Does anyone have instructions as to how mc command centers relationship cleaning works as opposed to using bypass relationship culling? I looked at the explanation there but I just don't understand it. What is a good setting to put it on, and how do I do that?

Was this what you looked at? (I added the spacing, this is from the settings info at MC.)
    Cleaner_CleanRelationships This setting stores the two values necessary for MC Cleaner relationship cleaning.

The first value is what type of Sims are affected by the cleaning. The valid values are "N"-NPC Only, "P"-NPC and Played, "AO"-Only active Sims will have their relationships cleaned, "PO"-Only played and inactive Sims will have their relationships cleaned and "A"-All Sims including active Sims.

The second value is what level of relationships to clean from the specified Sims. The valid values are "Z"-Zero Level only, "C"-Custom Level (Any value between 0 and 100 may be specified), "A"-acquaintances or less, "F"-friends or less, "GF"-All relationships except significant others, "S"-All relationships including significant others. No family members will be cleaned by this process.

Note that absolute values are used for the scores. So if a custom setting of 20 is set and the relationship score is between -20 and 20, then the relationship will be deleted. The same is true for the other score types: Acquaintance, Friend, etc. N,A (default)

I have not yet tried using custom numbers, I've been using the letter settings.

When I started playing with it, I had my settings on NPC only and Zero-level relationships only, for N and Z in the settings.

Actually that isn't true, the FIRST time, I used A,Z (all sims, zero)... but that wiped out all my "hated" sims too, despised/disliked... so I didn't keep that save, and changed to N,Z to run it again. Worked better.

It netted me 49 relationships removed... and when I changed it again, to N,A (where it is now), that removed about another 120, all from NPCs. Reduced my save file size by about 10KB. Not a big difference, IMO, but it DID make a difference.

Now, for "how to" I'm going to link a post from @Bonxie for you:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15281331/#Comment_15281331

There's more there than you asked for, she covers both culling and decay settings. Check it out, give it a try, and let us know what happens.
    :)

Edit: I should reread links before I use them. B) She didn't go over changing forms of culling, other than turning it off. But it's the same steps to choose MC's relationship culling as it is for Disabling it, you just choose C or the MC Relationship Culling version instead of Disabled.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited October 2016
    How to activate MC Cleaner Relationship Cleaning 2.16
    happygurl wrote: »
    Does anyone have instructions as to how mc command centers relationship cleaning works as opposed to using bypass relationship culling? I looked at the explanation there but I just don't understand it. What is a good setting to put it on, and how do I do that?

In addition to my howto guide quoted by @egwarhammer maybe you need some more information.

To activate the MC Cleaner Relationship Cleaning you have to switch on this option.

Where to find in MCCC:
    Computer: MC Command Center > Other Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling > MC Cleaner Relationship Culling

Only if this setting is activated (to be recognized by a "C" in the "Relationship Settings" window status line), the MC Cleaner Module will manage the realtionship culling in the MCCC way.

To begin with, I would recommend to use the default settings in the MC Cleaner module defined be @Deaderpool.

Where to find in MCCC:
    Computer: MC Command Center > MC Cleaner > Relationship Cleaner > Households to clean
    Computer: MC Command Center > MC Cleaner > Relationship Cleaner > Relationsships to clean

Default settings are "NPC-Households only" and "Auquaintances only", which you can see in the "Relationship Cleaner" window status line. I think that these will be OK for the most play styles. You might like these settings or change it to the values @egwarhammer mentioned in her posting above mine.

The use of the UI might be a bit difficult. In the "Households to clean" window are four options to choose from (and additinal "Back" and "Cancel"). If you click for example on "Include played households", the MC Cleaner module will follow this rule in the future. If you want to switch the behavior back to default (NPC only), you have to go back to the "Housholds to clean" window. Once it's open you can see, that the options have changed. Now there is a "new" button called "Include NPC Housholds" instead of the "Include played households" button.

The "Relationships to clean" menu works in a similiar way.

If there are any further questions, please come back and ask.

#howto #MCCC #MCCleaner #relationshipculling
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @happygurl I'm not sure how it works, and what the difference is. But for relationship cleaning, here's what I do:

When Ulfric introduces himself, he generally gets a friendly relationship level of 42 ... he has gregarious, incredibly friendly, a charisma of 10, a couple other bonuses as well (and if he's in a popular group that is active, with a friendly club bonus, I've seen him him hit a friendly relalationship level of 100 just doing a cheerful introduction. But, since he generally gets a level of 42, I use the custom setting of 30. I figure if it's below that, he didn't introduce himself and the person just jumped into the conversation ...

That won't work for everyone. So you pretty much need to decide for yourself what level and below you want to clean.
    OT Onedrive help questions...

@Bonxie I'm still having trouble with TinyPic. I'm not at all familiar with OneDrive for sharing, although I do have a picture uploaded, and a link for it... but is there a way to turn it into an img file to show up here?

I'm probably overthinking it, but the img link box in the reply window isn't doing anything (probably because the link doesn't have a jpg etc extension), and I don't know what else to try.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjGN3dRuy6uFzAdhtt2G_qNIa5g-

I have all the menu shots... I wanted to share that ^^ one fullscreen to show off my house (stock house with extra goodies, but my sims are around, too), but I plan to crop the menu out of the rest of them for smaller files.
    edited October 2016
    @Bonxie I'm still having trouble with TinyPic. I'm not at all familiar with OneDrive for sharing, although I do have a picture uploaded, and a link for it... but is there a way to turn it into an img file to show up here?

The OneDrive function you might looking for is called "Embedding" and it's different from the common share/download option. It's a bit misleading in the beginning and I had to check it out too.

Here is your personal HowTo for embedding pictures using OneDrive. ;)
    1. Login to OneDrive, upload your picture, e. g. with drag&drop from your Windows explorer.
    2. Rightclick in the OneDrive browser window on the uploaded picture you want to embed.
    3. A context menu appears
    4. Click on "Embed"
      y3mEpzdR963-KhWjsJfZ_cu7GBeB8oAjZvZ71_o_BA_xIMk_AZTjA5PZ7VCySIqi0WoIvwxypK2UqFvG9SDclmrfNDszi5BQUKiXnnd1Ya2cE4whVTE5dTI7X214oTZoVnvEmWF6PwozD9yxOUAaA2YX1DEUrdnABguj2PND0yw-LU?width=800&height=474&cropmode=none
    5. On the right side of your browser window, a control pane appears labeled "Embed <picture name> in a blog or webpage"
    6. Click on "Generate"
      y3mYIH_A6nEZgCgTtIJc1T2uS2ci2ZPa1d7rEsRTpRTXogcBDxAwGwbiqRDftGyOdkjEJMivouRXJmw2_sXrIXNzbkhXUNVjlXzXhFWqPmDagHwk86n5qCPmmM0e5By6HxsEclu-AVY--_A43Zc3YOEuu8g691Mf-9Ov5WQaKUPJ7s?width=457&height=610&cropmode=none
    7. In the control pane the generated URL for embedding objects appears
    8. Mark and copy the URL to the Windows clipboard, e. g. using CTRL-C or Rightclick-Copy.
      y3mhdqzMTf1Ouittvh5u329cLEGnEyNTR_yDmhDJ480ZoymkiQS3Eh4RadLvhzfNFWvBrxm4kzDaKlMTdxJVWWB8Q1hGVMPYgLaI3Avo87wzBXZRGdTbe5SjnHOR3AxC4vt3UgN83CDIvfULh-B7vEFxBGDwq_dyeiTCTklG27N7R4?width=415&height=831&cropmode=none
    9. Paste the URL between the "[IMG][/IMG]" control characters in the forum's editor section or use the "Attach image/file" hotkey.

I use it all the time this way so it will work out for you too.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#howto #MCCC #PicturePosting #OneDrive
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie , now I can replace photobucket with one drive... but I'm asking, google drive has google photos inside account, but I didn't find the way to upload photos here... it could be posible?
    Words are soul's image
    Just woke up to this... Message from the Boss :smiley: (Deaderpool) about the upcoming update:
    I just wanted to warn everyone in advance that EA's upcoming expansion patch could cause some problems for several days. I'm not sure when they're doing their "pre-expansion" update. It is usually the week before the expansion, so I would expect it sometime this week. If they release it early, like Tuesday, then I will probably be able to ensure everything that is broken gets fixed before too long. However, I'm going to be out of town on Friday and Saturday so if they release it Thursday, it is possible I won't have anything ready to release until Sunday or Monday.

Just wanted to warn everyone to keep this in mind when you see that EA is releasing an update this week...

Original post: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5105471#post5105471
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Why doesn't "Never Club" work anymore?
    I've flagged several sims and couple days later i see these sims walking by and i see a club name in that box they have above their head...
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I've flagged several sims and couple days later i see these sims walking by and i see a club name in that box they have above their head...

Anything weird in your MC log file? Or any LastExceptions in /Sims4? I'm not having that here, and it hasn't been reported by anybody else at MC either. Tell me more.

Have you checked all your mods/cc for compatibility with current game files?

Anything weird in your MC log file? Or any LastExceptions in /Sims4? I'm not having that here, and it hasn't been reported by anybody else at MC either. Tell me more.

No, nothing weird.
    I have no new mods and i don't have any CC in my game. All my mods have their newest updates.

I play a household and give the sims their usual flags. Then, i go to play another household and later if i see a sim from a previous household i click him/her and check if they still have all the flags i've given them. And although they have the "Never Club" flag, some of them are a member of a club.

No, nothing weird.
    I have no new mods and i don't have any CC in my game. All my mods have their newest updates.

I play a household and give the sims their usual flags. Then, i go to play another household and later if i see a sim from a previous household i click him/her and check if they still have all the flags i've given them. And although they have the "Never Club" flag, some of them are a member of a club.

Okay, I just posted a link to your last post to MC. When Deaderpool gets back to me, if he does it there (not here), I'll let you know. :)

No, nothing weird.

Okay, I just posted a link to your last post to MC. When Deaderpool gets back to me, if he does it there (not here), I'll let you know. :)

Thank you. :)<3
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @egwarhammer does DPs announcement mean we should remove MCCC after the pre-expansion hits or just not update our Origin.
    I need to make sure auto updates for Origin are off. I think they are because pretty sure it prompts me to update.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    cshaner wrote: »
    @egwarhammer does DPs announcement mean we should remove MCCC after the pre-expansion hits or just not update our Origin.
    I need to make sure auto updates for Origin are off. I think they are because pretty sure it prompts me to update.
    Make sure your games aren't set to auto-update and don't manually update Sims 4 and you'll be good.
    I took origin offline here this morning. Saw something in Speculation & Rumor (so, take it for what it's worth... probably not much...) about Drake posting her excited gif to twitter yesterday, which led someone to think the patch MIGHT come today.

I hope it does, really. If not, DP posted to MC last night that he's got out of town weekend plans, so if it isn't till Thursday they patch, we probably won't get an updated MC till (he said) Sunday or Monday.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    cshaner wrote: »
    Make sure your games aren't set to auto-update and don't manually update Sims 4 and you'll be good.

how do you check to see if its on auto update?
    ...how do you check to see if its on auto update?

Check this post - Link
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ...how do you check to see if its on auto update?

Check this post - Link

thanks.

they were on turned them off.
    thanks.

they were on turned them off.

Perfect :)

No, nothing weird.

He says Never Club is working fine...
    If they're already in a club, it doesn't make them leave. It just makes it so the automated club-filling that happens on scheduled nights will NOT choose that Sim, and I've confirmed that the flag is definitely being checked for. It's pretty much the first thing checked when iterating through Sims to add to open clubs. The actual first thing is if Bypass Played Households is enabled and the Sim is a played Sim, but the second thing checked is whether or not the Sim is flagged for No Clubs and if so, they are skipped.

The user's post on the official doesn't say that my mod made the Sims join. It just says that Sims that are flagged for no clubs are in clubs. That's not the same thing...
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5105886#post5105886

My next question is, what ARE those mods you're using? Any "adult" ones I'd love a PM about, any "regular" ones, I'd love to see a list or screenshot of. Maybe I'll see one you don't NEED along with MC? That's caused issues before...

I have an idea for "organizing" too... I do this, but TBH it's probably best NOT to do it on an everyday sim, pick one you don't play much, or make one just for this. What I do is run the cheat relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others to get EVERYBODY in my game into a Relationship Panel. Including Hidden sims (PT, Jasmine, the Von Haunt ghosts, teen "criminals"... etc)

From there, you can flag and/or mark almost ALL your other sims for whatever MC will do. And Show Sim Info also shines here, it will show you info on sims MC can't touch (babies for one). You can even use it to look at an on-duty Chef (impossible with MC, once a chef is on the lot, they're attached to the stove/job, and hidden by it from MC)... Show Sim Info > Search Sims > career:chef is the back door you can use to see them anyway. ;)

Anyway, I put them all into a RelPanel and use that one sim to flag the rest of my hood. If it lags your game, and you use MC's Cleaner version of Relationship Culling (mine is on NPC-only and Acquaintance levels, here), when you're finished flagging, mark that sim Unplayed, and then run the Cleaner (MC Cheats on the Mailbox to find it) to remove all the extra garbage from that sim's panel. And the rest of them, too. Last time it ran here mine removed 48 relationships between NPCs (I never saw them, all on unplayeds, so I don't care if they got wiped, really) and my save size got a little smaller.

Origin back online here, for now. Thursday's coming, don't (Anybody) forget to save a copy of your game file to your desktop before you run the update. ;)

I say I'll wait for MC, but honestly I'll probably run it earlier than that, just to see what it DOES melt in 2.16 and other mods... I'm weird like that. Armageddon can be fun. haha! At least I don't work Sunday, happy about that! I probably *won't* get to give City Living a real workout till next week, though. Timing foul. Bleah.

And I've been talking to hubby, started this over half an hour ago, and am just now hitting Send. LOL!

Thanks @Bonxie , now I can replace photobucket with one drive... but I'm asking, google drive has google photos inside account, but I didn't find the way to upload photos here... it could be posible?

It may not be possible. It isn't *easily* done, I've been trying to figure it out. Bonxie probably doesn't know, I don't think she has Google.

You can post links that go to photos you've uploaded there, but I haven't seen how to post links that import the pictures themselves into messages HERE.

Who's a Google (Drive, etc) "guru" around here? ;) Wild stab... @Pegasus143 or @Ulfric_Grimbrand maybe??
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @egwarhammer The only thing that I know about Google Drive is that I only use it for school-related things and as little as possible due to a strong dislike of it- sorry.
    edited October 2016

No, nothing weird.

He says Never Club is working fine...
    If they're already in a club, it doesn't make them leave. It just makes it so the automated club-filling that happens on scheduled nights will NOT choose that Sim, and I've confirmed that the flag is definitely being checked for. It's pretty much the first thing checked when iterating through Sims to add to open clubs. The actual first thing is if Bypass Played Households is enabled and the Sim is a played Sim, but the second thing checked is whether or not the Sim is flagged for No Clubs and if so, they are skipped.

The user's post on the official doesn't say that my mod made the Sims join. It just says that Sims that are flagged for no clubs are in clubs. That's not the same thing...
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5105886#post5105886

My next question is, what ARE those mods you're using? Any "adult" ones I'd love a PM about, any "regular" ones, I'd love to see a list or screenshot of. Maybe I'll see one you don't NEED along with MC? That's caused issues before...

I have an idea for "organizing" too... I do this, but TBH it's probably best NOT to do it on an everyday sim, pick one you don't play much, or make one just for this. What I do is run the cheat relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others to get EVERYBODY in my game into a Relationship Panel. Including Hidden sims (PT, Jasmine, the Von Haunt ghosts, teen "criminals"... etc)

From there, you can flag and/or mark almost ALL your other sims for whatever MC will do. And Show Sim Info also shines here, it will show you info on sims MC can't touch (babies for one). You can even use it to look at an on-duty Chef (impossible with MC, once a chef is on the lot, they're attached to the stove/job, and hidden by it from MC)... Show Sim Info > Search Sims > career:chef is the back door you can use to see them anyway. ;)

Anyway, I put them all into a RelPanel and use that one sim to flag the rest of my hood. If it lags your game, and you use MC's Cleaner version of Relationship Culling (mine is on NPC-only and Acquaintance levels, here), when you're finished flagging, mark that sim Unplayed, and then run the Cleaner (MC Cheats on the Mailbox to find it) to remove all the extra garbage from that sim's panel. And the rest of them, too. Last time it ran here mine removed 48 relationships between NPCs (I never saw them, all on unplayeds, so I don't care if they got wiped, really) and my save size got a little smaller.

Origin back online here, for now. Thursday's coming, don't (Anybody) forget to save a copy of your game file to your desktop before you run the update. ;)

I say I'll wait for MC, but honestly I'll probably run it earlier than that, just to see what it DOES melt in 2.16 and other mods... I'm weird like that. Armageddon can be fun. haha! At least I don't work Sunday, happy about that! I probably *won't* get to give City Living a real workout till next week, though. Timing foul. Bleah.

And I've been talking to hubby, started this over half an hour ago, and am just now hitting Send. LOL!

Thank you for the reply.
    It is already 2am here in Finland and i am too sleepy to answer..i'll just let you know that none of the sims were members of any clubs. When i played their households i made them to leave their club(s). And then after that i went to play with another household and re-checked the previous sims (still no club members) and then i flagged them. Then a (RL) day later (after repairing my game) i noticed two sims that were members. Today i noticed two more.
    I guess my game is broken...because couple minutes ago i noticed that my restaurants have stopped working. Again. I haven't made ANY changes and i haven't played those households that have restaurants workers in them. I haven't TOUCHED those workers after i added them into my game.
    I dunno...sometimes i feel like maybe i should just quit playing altogether...this is so tiring.

The mods i have are: MCCC, MCs Woohoo, Gender Preference and then No Muscles/No Fatness.

PS: Just realized that i did answer you...LOL! :D<3
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @egwarhammer Sorry, never used it. (I avoid google like the plague!)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top