Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Application not responding :(

So i was playing the sims a couple of days ago with no problems. Saved and quit and everything was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. but the next day i go to open it again and it won't respond? like i don't even get to the loading screen, just nothing happens and i have to force quit it. I repaired the game, removed all my CC and mods, even uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing will get this game to work. it's been like four days and the game just will not start. I'm super bummed because I just spent $60 on both expansion packs and have only been able to play with them once. here is some info about my computer if it helps:
mac mini (mid 2011)
2.3 GHz intel core 15 processor

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    What version of the Mac OS are you running?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • KatSimsKatSims Posts: 27 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > What version of the Mac OS are you running?

OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 :)
    Check your Library for residual Sims 4 files. It could be one of those files that has become corrupt and is not allowing a clean install of the game.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Check your Library for residual Sims 4 files. It could be one of those files that has become corrupt and is not allowing a clean install of the game.

how would i find those? thanks!
    Make sure you are in the Finder menu and Click on "Go". Press the "Option" button and it will show your Library.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Make sure you are in the Finder menu and Click on "Go". Press the "Option" button and it will show your Library.

i cant even manage to do that now, when did i become so inept? should i uninstall sims and get rid of any sims files that are still hanging around, then reinstall? because it looks like my old saves are still in there and they probably shouldn't be
    No, don't get rid of your old saves yet. Move those to your desktop for now.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > No, don't get rid of your old saves yet. Move those to your desktop for now.

so i move those to my desktop, uninstall, reninstall, open, and then if it works put the saves back in? i don't want to mess up. still can't find the residual files you were talking about :P
  • bbymizzbbymizz Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue and I have been having the same issue. This is incredibly frustrating to me. I managed to fix it a little over a month ago by going offline in origin and disabling origin in-game. It actually blew my mind how much of a difference that made. However, I have noticed that this continues to happen every time I update origin. Of course I tried going offline and disabling origin in-game and that didn't work, so I did the opposite, and that did not work. If anyone has this issue and an idea of how to fix it, please let me know. I know it's not my mods bc all of my mods that I have haven't given me any issues.
    KatSims wrote: »
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > No, don't get rid of your old saves yet. Move those to your desktop for now.

so i move those to my desktop, uninstall, reninstall, open, and then if it works put the saves back in? i don't want to mess up. still can't find the residual files you were talking about :P

To find the Library which is where the residual Sims files are, you have to press "Go" and Control for the Library to show. Once you find those delete those and try reinstalling. Once the game is working again, you can add back your old saved games.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    bbymizz wrote: »
    I am having the same issue and I have been having the same issue. This is incredibly frustrating to me. I managed to fix it a little over a month ago by going offline in origin and disabling origin in-game. It actually blew my mind how much of a difference that made. However, I have noticed that this continues to happen every time I update origin. Of course I tried going offline and disabling origin in-game and that didn't work, so I did the opposite, and that did not work. If anyone has this issue and an idea of how to fix it, please let me know. I know it's not my mods bc all of my mods that I have haven't given me any issues.

Some Mods need updating after patches so yes, it could be your Mods. The only way to check is to move your Mods folder to your desktop then try launching the game. If it launches then it is a Mod issue.

You could also try repairing the game in Origin by right clicking on it in your games library and then selecting repair game.

There are no residual game files for Sims 4, all game files are within Origin so the best tool to use is the reset Origin tool as it deletes all the related library files and folders - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
    apple-signature.png