March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    By the way, I dare anybody to be annoyed at Bonxie for reposting that Update message.

I asked her to do it, and I went and found the link for her.

If you're annoyed at seeing something helpful again, blame me. (I'll survive. :p ) I thought it was worth showcasing again. And I didn't want to copy and paste it, and steal the Awesomes I knew she'd get for it.

Captain Obvious is one of my best friends, I'll never apologize for that. I don't think anybody else posting (or reposting) helpful info should, either. :)

Here's a question... how many times have you seen rosemow repeat herself? 80 thousand posts... she apologizes for the game pretty often, but I've yet to see her apologize for trying to help somebody.

We're not far from a new patch. It will lead to old and new questions. Been here, done this. A few times. I expect a lot of rehashing of info. Another day in the life of any mod-using Simmer. ;)

We'll make it through the upcoming (EP inspired) mod storm. Maybe it'll just be a sprinkle. (OT "funny" thing, my dad is in Florida, and was so missed by Hurricane Matthew, he said the rainstorm they got a couple of days later was worse.) We might get lucky.

I'm kind of in "wait and see" mode, since I'm working anyway. Patch watch, I guess... but not seriously expecting it, YET. I'd think next week... but it IS Thursday... who knows?

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited October 2016
    How to disable autoupdate in Origin 10.1.1.35466
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    A) Thanks for the reminder
    B ) How do I do that? :-D

Where to find in the Origin Client:
    Menu Bar > Origin > Application Settings > Section "Client update" > Automatic game updates

What to do:
    1. Open your Origin Client from the Start Menu
    2. Click on "Origin" in the Menu Bar
    3. A pull down menu appears
    4. Click on "Applicatoin Settings"
      y3mg2qKIfnldY3ztKDOFO8-oN2xXfxz0JwysSyTMcoAzZPXl4iSTMiMfFRWbGr4OGbXjYgRv3_SRp56bZBEiJKQWdxI8w9rEMF1fWL8UYAjaoXS_RZ5a6WwbXNNAH5Lu958meia78R7rfgvxWqjDzNmAhh9dqcL-ULboS7OMxLxUUc?width=600&height=410&cropmode=none
    5. Scroll down on the right window pane to the section "Client update"
    6. Switch off the button labled "Automatic game updates"
      y3mgJ65BChc1umQGNfTaVi5o-svQgBVkUzToBnHZwGKUXmX3qRzUcSiP--Lo4rvoJ2NIjbav-rhXUSk6Qwdna1U5s8JabyaFbqkNOgrPtJ9czTtmL7BAnjZ6HMyhYrDrSpsbQCgt0wV5Oj5YyWnq3ZGH3SvdD8sbN1Czz2HQIdR6FA?width=600&height=410&cropmode=none

If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

Please keep in mind that this is a general Origin setting, which affects all of your installed Origin games!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#howto #MCCC #noautoupdate

edit: @egwarhammer Haven't seen that you already answerd. Sorry for double posting.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Beautiful!!

@Bonxie I'm sitting here grinning. <3

You are SO MUCH better at those kinds of info posts than I am!!!!!!! :) (I have no issue with that whatsoever. Shine on, woman, I love it!)
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    I was going through my short list of Ancient Households (Basicly just Landgraabs and the Goths). Or so I thought. Landgraab had died out it seemed. Found Morgan in the Munch household and fixed that. But I could have sworn that Nancy and Geoffery's youngest daughter Nora was the girl who I put the flag AH on. When I started to look for her I saw that she was now considered hidden. So - million dollar question: How do I go about and unhide her?

IMO a better question is, how'd she get Hidden in the first place?

MC Cheats on the mailbox has a way to unhide all hidden sims, but I don't think there's a way to do it selectively from there. All or none.

There's probably a cheat you can use to remove the hidden trait, but I don't know for sure. Anybody here good with cheat codes?

Do you have Show Sim Info? I'd LOVE to see Nora's printout!

I found/remembered the mailbox just going home on the bus from dd daycare - it worked like a charm. Got some extra ghosts, but I really dont mind.

no idea how she got hidden. Best guess is that she got hidden when my first child in my 100 Baby challenge was aged up to an adult and kicked out of the homework club she was a member of. My aging sim was the leader so the club seems to be bugged now since noone is the leader anymore. Nora was the only member outside family....
    AMB.jpg
    I was going through my short list of Ancient Households (Basicly just Landgraabs and the Goths). Or so I thought. Landgraab had died out it seemed. Found Morgan in the Munch household and fixed that. But I could have sworn that Nancy and Geoffery's youngest daughter Nora was the girl who I put the flag AH on. When I started to look for her I saw that she was now considered hidden. So - million dollar question: How do I go about and unhide her?

IMO a better question is, how'd she get Hidden in the first place?

MC Cheats on the mailbox has a way to unhide all hidden sims, but I don't think there's a way to do it selectively from there. All or none.

There's probably a cheat you can use to remove the hidden trait, but I don't know for sure. Anybody here good with cheat codes?

Do you have Show Sim Info? I'd LOVE to see Nora's printout!

I found/remembered the mailbox just going home on the bus from dd daycare - it worked like a charm. Got some extra ghosts, but I really dont mind.

no idea how she got hidden. Best guess is that she got hidden when my first child in my 100 Baby challenge was aged up to an adult and kicked out of the homework club she was a member of. My aging sim was the leader so the club seems to be bugged now since noone is the leader anymore. Nora was the only member outside family....

See if you can use her from the clubs window to get back into the settings. If you can add more ages, you could set somebody else as leader, then leave the club. Then have the new leader cut the new ages back out.

I had something weird like that happen once, a leaderless club. I found him finally, the one sim with settings access, but I think I just deleted that club, and made something new. I don't remember trying to fix it or use it again.

If yours has a lot of perks, though, it's worth trying to save.

Any ideas, gang?
  • mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    thanks so much for the reminder, as a newbie it helps!!!
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Thanks for the info, Bonxie! I didn't even know where to disable automatic game updates in the new origin so this helped me out too :smile:
    Bonxie wrote: »
    How to disable autoupdate in Origin 10.1.1.35466
    A) Thanks for the reminder
    B ) How do I do that? :-D

Where to find in the Origin Client:
    Menu Bar > Origin > Application Settings > Section "Client update" > Automatic game updates

What to do:
    1. Open your Origin Client from the Start Menu
    2. Click on "Origin" in the Menu Bar
    3. A pull down menu appears
    4. Click on "Applicatoin Settings"
      y3mg2qKIfnldY3ztKDOFO8-oN2xXfxz0JwysSyTMcoAzZPXl4iSTMiMfFRWbGr4OGbXjYgRv3_SRp56bZBEiJKQWdxI8w9rEMF1fWL8UYAjaoXS_RZ5a6WwbXNNAH5Lu958meia78R7rfgvxWqjDzNmAhh9dqcL-ULboS7OMxLxUUc?width=600&height=410&cropmode=none
    5. Scroll down on the right window pane to the section "Client update"
    6. Switch off the button labled "Automatic game updates"
      y3mgJ65BChc1umQGNfTaVi5o-svQgBVkUzToBnHZwGKUXmX3qRzUcSiP--Lo4rvoJ2NIjbav-rhXUSk6Qwdna1U5s8JabyaFbqkNOgrPtJ9czTtmL7BAnjZ6HMyhYrDrSpsbQCgt0wV5Oj5YyWnq3ZGH3SvdD8sbN1Czz2HQIdR6FA?width=600&height=410&cropmode=none

If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

Please keep in mind that this is a general Origin setting, which affects all of your installed Origin games!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#howto #MCCC #noautoupdate

edit: @egwarhammer Haven't seen that you already answerd. Sorry for double posting.

Psh. More is better, and your post is WAY better than mine! <3

So much so that I sent rosemow a link to YOUR post, so she can refer to it if people have questions she sees.

I only posted because I was here when the message landed. (And it led me to a "what's wrong with TinyPic?" morning... I could've passed on that, honestly...)

If you don't quit apologizing for being amazing, I'm going to start sitting on my hands when people ask questions here, to give you time to take a shot at answering them first. :p

• thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have found a very nasty bug in my game. I took out all of my mods and cc, and it's still there. Not good. So what is it?

Well, I first noticed something funky when I took a sim to a retail lot and a random sim was ringing me up, not a hired employee. I went into the owner's household and played the owner. I noticed that I could no longer manage employees. I clicked on the "manage employees" button and all I got was an empty popup. I decided to see what would happen if I opened the store, and both the hired employee showed up as well as the same random sim.

I've also noticed other issues with Get to Work that occurred even before I ever installed a single mod.

1) The try outfit on mannequin interaction didn't work a first, and then it was spotty. The first time it was successful (and only for a short period of time) was after the active sim tried on an outfit (the active sim also happened to be the store's owner).

2) Employees would not show up to work. I got around this by befriending the employees and then traveling with them to the store before it opened, but now for some reason it started working all of a sudden and that isn't necessary.

3) The ring up command is iffy. Sometimes I think my sims are slacking off, but according to the game, they are not. Other work tasks can be somewhat iffy at times.

4) For a while, I would often see townies with blue bars over their heads at non-retail lots like restaurants.

Has anyone else had this bug? Could I have created it by installing a mod? Any ideas as to how I can fix it?

I do back up my game, but I only have my latest backup, which occurred after the bug. I just didn't realize that there was an issue right away, especially because that EP can be temperamental.
    Post edited by thetinfoilgnome on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    edited October 2016
    I hope that I am not intruding on your thread egwarhammer.

Hello @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum .

The issue will trying on outfits is caused by restocking clothes. A workaround is to not restock the clothes, but instead of that buy a new mannequin and add the clothing manually.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Try-outfit-on-mannequin-not-working-after-restock/m-p/5081892#M20502

With your first issue, try saving the store to your library. If you don't own the store, then bulldoze the lot, and replace it with the version that you have saved to your library. If you do own the store, sell the store before builldozing and replacing the store. Then buy the store again.
    rosemow wrote: »
    I hope that I am not intruding on your thread egwarhammer.

Hello @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum .

The issue will trying on outfits is caused by restocking clothes. A workaround is to not restock the clothes, but instead of that buy a new mannequin and add the clothing manually.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Try-outfit-on-mannequin-not-working-after-restock/m-p/5081892#M20502

With your first issue, try saving the store to your library. If you don't own the store, then bulldoze the lot, and replace it with the version that you have saved to your library. If you do own the store, sell the store before builldozing and replacing the store. Then buy the store again.

@rosemow

Heavens, no! You're always more than welcome, in *any* thread of mine. I don't mind (at all!) Rowlena asking her questions here... not MC related, but could've been... (if one doesn't ask, how would one know for SURE?) I "mine" here for smart folks all the time. :p

I'd be a total hypocrite to say "don't do that" considering I'm really REALLY good at veering into off-topic lands myself pretty often. :)

Honestly, I probably would have tagged you here this morning when I saw her post, if you hadn't already responded to it. ;)

I wouldn't have known what to tell her, since I work in retail IRL (that's plenty for me), I have yet to own a store in the game. I visited one unowned store just to trip a Clown spawning, once... otherwise, I'm not into it. (Needs work. As Rowlena found out.)

Help is help. You're amazing at all kinds of help, all over this site (and players NEED it, obviously!!). Far from feeling intruded upon, I'm GLAD to see you here!! <3 (Anytime.)

edited October 2016
    ...And it led me to a "what's wrong with TinyPic?" morning... I could've passed on that, honestly...

I use Microsoft Onedrive as a cloud storage, which is somewhat different from TinyPic, but it works really fine. I own the Microsoft account now for years and I only used it now and then for some filesharing. When I started posting here in the forum and I learned about the way to post pictures, I tried to use the Onedrive functionality and voilá - much better then expected.

I have Amazon Prime and that Microsoft account, and that is more than enough. I could register at 1000 different inet services like printerest, tinypic, tumblr, etc..., but I don't want to spread my data all over the world. I only have those two accounts and I'm able to do everything you can think of.

edited October 2016
    @rosemow

Thanks for your help. When I have a chance to sit down at my pc (on a laptop now), I'll see if it works. I'm not sure if this changes anything, but this is an issue for both of the retail stores in my world (they have two different owners). I'll try saving and redownloading both of them. Could this be a mod-related issue? I know that there can be remnants of mods in a game, even if they are removed. For example, I installed a mod that removed lot requirements. I only needed it for one specific lot, so after I used it, I took it out. I still have a lot in my would that functions as a library, but it defies the library lot requirements. I'll do a bit of experimenting and report back on my findings.

I really like to hang out on this thread because everyone is always so kind and very knowledgeable. I also know that I won't get a slap on the wrist for using mods :) If I'm being a bother, let me know at any time, and I'll make my own thread (I mean, just for the purposes of asking my specific question, whatever it may be).
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited October 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Don't forget to turn off automatic updates! ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „City Living” close at hand, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch within the next days. As we know from the past there will be new features integrated in our games. Also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of neither patch nor EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.
    To make it easier for everybody, please turn off automatic updates in Origin!

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. And most important: It will give @Deaderpool and all the others the time they need to take care of the changes. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

If you aren't sure how to deactivate automatic updates, ask! We will be happy to help you.

Edit: You can find a short description how to deactivate automatic updates here - Link.

Please also wait with installing "City Living" until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

I know, that many of you are very aware of this and that you already have read my first post, so please don't be annoyed because I’m posting obvious things once again. But may be for those new in using MC or mods in general this could be helpful.

Thanks for reading and my apologies to those, who already know.

Your advice is good only for players, the modders must update the game if they want to see if the mods need update...
    I'm wonder if saving the old folder sims 4 and making a new folder "The Sims 4" (vanilla game) it help to not loose the saved games until the mods will be updated.

I think even the S4Studio must be updated to be able to extract the new resource files...
    Words are soul's image
    Throw something MC ish in there (going forward, I mean, don't edit your last post or anything...) and it's golden, as far as I (the illustrious thread creator) am concerned, @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum !! I'd be mad if you "took your toys and went home" like that. :p

(Make whatever threads you want to... just don't feel like you can't ask about things here. We *might* know what to do.)

"Is this from MC?" That'd cover it. LOL!

Intense morning for mom here. Parenting is hard, then add transgender. I'm getting very little else done today, but, I made the kid feel better, so else can wait. I'm in "catch my breath" mode, now.

Your cheerleader has an interesting life outside the game, sometimes. Like, daily. Never boring around me, that's for sure!
    edited October 2016
    Your advice is good only for players, the modders must update the game if they want to see if the mods need update...
    I'm wonder if saving the old folder sims 4 and making a new folder "The Sims 4" (vanilla game) it help to not loose the saved games until the mods will be updated.

I think even the S4Studio must be updated to be able to extract the new resource files...

You're right - it's meant for players. I think modders have their own way of dealing with patches or new EP and they don't need my advice.

Regarding the folders:

I myself have three game profiles at the moment: "Default", "Custom" and "Mod", each instance containing a mod, save and tray folder with diffrent content. "Default" is vanilla and I switch to it before patching, "Custom" is my usual game profile, "Mod" is for checking out new mods or issues. I wrote a small script to change folders with a mouseclick and so I can switch between the profiles.

But certainly this won't help once your game is updated to a new version. For having two installations with different patch levels I would try to run one of them in a Virtual Box guest OS (in the past the virtual graphic adapter was a problem, maybe this is fixed by now).

Post edited by Bonxie on
    @rosemow

Thanks for your help. When I have a chance to sit down at my pc (on a laptop now), I'll see if it works. I'm not sure if this changes anything, but this is an issue for both of the retail stores in my world (they have two different owners). I'll try saving and redownloading both of them. Could this be a mod-related issue? I know that there can be remnants of mods in a game, even if they are removed. For example, I installed a mod that removed lot requirements. I only needed it for one specific lot, so after I used it, I took it out. I still have a lot in my would that functions as a library, but it defies the library lot requirements. I'll do a bit of experimenting and report back on my findings.

I really like to hang out on this thread because everyone is always so kind and very knowledgeable. I also know that I won't get a slap on the wrist for using mods :) If I'm being a bother, let me know at any time, and I'll make my own thread (I mean, just for the purposes of asking my specific question, whatever it may be).

Hello @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum
    After removing a mod, it is always best to then reset your sims 4 folder to remove any remnant of the mod. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    Thanks for the advice @rosemow. What is an options.ini file? I play on pc, could that why I don't see one? In my Sims 4 folder, I have folders that read: cache, cachestr, Custom Music, Mods, onlinethumbnailcache, recorded videos, saves, Screenshots, Tray, and VideoCameraStates. Below that are some files and text documents, but those are all of my folders. Thanks again for all of your help.
    Thanks for the advice @rosemow. What is an options.ini file? I play on pc, could that why I don't see one? In my Sims 4 folder, I have folders that read: cache, cachestr, Custom Music, Mods, onlinethumbnailcache, recorded videos, saves, Screenshots, Tray, and VideoCameraStates. Below that are some files and text documents, but those are all of my folders. Thanks again for all of your help.

Hello @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum
    There should be an options or options.ini file in the sims 4 folder. They are both the same file, but it just depends if you have set your computer to show file endings/extensions or not. The options.ini file is where the game option settings are kept.
    This link explains about the user files
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/user-files-explained/
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer

I just reread the July Troubleshooter (it's only about 12 pages long). That one is fine. I remember reading the older, longer version, and having some trouble with that, but it could be because I was very unfamiliar with a lot of the terminology. Did I look at the right thing? Let me know.

I'm planning to make a small update to rlinmotion. I'm going to add in stuff about where to find MC's additional module, the one people are always asking about, and also, I'll add in @Bonxie 's post about turning off updates. If I have a chance, I'll also post my story to the story thread (I'm dying to share it).

Also @rosemow thank you very much! I did indeed find my options file.
    @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum COOL! That's good news, if it's the other one, not the troubleshooter, that works well for me.

The guide will be getting a whitewash too. It's needed it, I never finished it (can you finish talking about an in-progress mod? LOL!), but when CL and MC 3.0 land, I'm going to drag my writer out of hiding and put her to work! :smiley:

Glad you found your "missing" files. Where were they? ;)

@rosemow is amazing. <3 That is all. :)

Just woke up... TGIF!
    @rosemow I don't know you knew the answer so quickly, but all I had to do to resolve the issue of random sims showing up to work at retail lots and not being able to manage employees was to sell the store and buy it again. Oddly, doing this for one store was able to resolve the issue for my entire game. So thank you very much!!!

@egwarhammer , as for my options file, it was there. I just looked in the wrong place. I was confused because it read options, not options.ini.

Also, it appears that an issue with MC where altering the game speed threw off career hours is no longer an issue. Is this true? I remember that there was a specific mod that everyone had to install in order to reset the career times. I don't think that I have that mod, though I could have overlooked it considering that I have over 300 files in my mods folder at this point, and I need to go through and organize them.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Does anyone have instructions as to how mc command centers relationship cleaning works as opposed to using bypass relationship culling? I looked at the explanation there but I just don't understand it. What is a good setting to put it on, and how do I do that?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
    @rosemow I don't know you knew the answer so quickly, but all I had to do to resolve the issue of random sims showing up to work at retail lots and not being able to manage employees was to sell the store and buy it again. Oddly, doing this for one store was able to resolve the issue for my entire game. So thank you very much!!!

@egwarhammer , as for my options file, it was there. I just looked in the wrong place. I was confused because it read options, not options.ini.

Also, it appears that an issue with MC where altering the game speed threw off career hours is no longer an issue. Is this true? I remember that there was a specific mod that everyone had to install in order to reset the career times. I don't think that I have that mod, though I could have overlooked it considering that I have over 300 files in my mods folder at this point, and I need to go through and organize them.

No, that career-time mod was only necessary between versions 2.15 and 2.16, it's fixed in MC with 2.16 now. :)

We'll ALL probably be going through our mods/cc folders following the patch. Woo. LOL!

We know it's going to break script mods. And UI mods. Jury is still out, IMO, on cc and regular tuning mods. I'm getting kind of excited to see how it all goes down. Been a while since we've had an all-encompassing mod storm...

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top