Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm glad Shai finally's choosing the hard way. There's new love for her right around the corner!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    OHHH I am thinking I feel a very dark cloud overhead!! It is quite ominous ....

I agree. Something bad is coming. George will go mad. There's no saying what he'll do next. At best he will lock Shai in the basement, at worst he will get rid of her so that he could stay in the house. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited October 2016
    Chapter 19 - Torn back and forth

Gabriel

As soon as we arrived home Mama send me into the bath tub. I was glad that I had time to be a bit alone now. I couldn’t believe what I had heard while I had listened at the door. Mama and Papa were getting divorced. It just couldn’t happen. It was a nightmare. After Mama had said that she wanted a divorce I couldn’t listen anymore. I had been running up and down in the store. Sure Papa hadn’t much time for me but … but … I felt how tears started to form in my eyes. If he moved out I wouldn’t see him anymore. I knew Papa. He wouldn’t visit. I wouldn’t have him anymore. He would disappear. Mama just couldn’t do this. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t fair that I wished I had a different Papa. I wished that it would be Robert but … but he just wasn’t. Why couldn’t Papa be more like him? I loved him. I hated all of this. It couldn’t happen. I closed my eyes and let my tears be washed away from the warm water.

nSJuS6x.png

During dinner with Mama, Papa wasn’t eating with us. He barley ever did. Today I wished he would. I avoided Mamas gaze. I set a smile up for her whenever she was looking but it didn’t felt real. She asked me about my day and I tried to say her the same I had told uncle Robert. But Mama asked me still why I was so upset. The words couldn’t find their way out of my mouth and I just said that I got a bad grade at some not counting test.

TDNDtLm.png

After dinner I went up in my room. I was ready to go asleep but first I needed Angel. I needed to speak with someone. She was always the right one to talk to. Or was she? Angel would may be even happy to have Papa out of the house. Could she even understand it? Then I thought about the fights my parents had. How terrible my Mama had looked like the next morning. I wanted her to be happy but I hated the thought of loosing Papa. Maybe it would be easier for me too. It had kept me awake whenever they were fighting and only Angel could calm me. Yes she was the right to talk to.

Nbe9wib.png

Note: I know that this chapter is very short. You will get more hopefully tomorrow. However it fits cause we will jump to Angels sight then.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Aww...poor Gabriel! It's tough for him!

I'm so thankful for Robert but scared for him, too. Hopefully, George won't find out about him!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Aw no poor Gabriel! This must be really difficult for him. If only he knew about the love his mum and Robert are sharing and that he might become his new dad. But I have a feeling this isn't that easy, George wouldn't want to let go of the house... I wonder whether he'll kill again for the sake of staying near to Angel
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • Options
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww... I want to give him a big hug and tell him his dad's a psychopath and he stalks Angel and hits women and his mama's cheated on George with Robert and that he will be a much better father.

Okay, maybe that's not such a good idea. I'll still hug him though!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Poor little boy... :( Any kid wouldn't want that his parents would divorce, but... My ex-neighbor told me how her 8 years old daughter said her, that she never asked her to live with her father and suffer, that it's hard to see her mom unhappy, angry and crying... Then she got divorced. I won't see Shai unhappy, too. But I feel really sorry for little Gabriel :( And I know that George will not be that you can get rid easily :/
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    @Marialein Wow, I just got caught up from being away for awhile - I'm trying to decided where/what to comment on! It was all awesome!
    1) So proud of Shai for making the decision to finally see a lawyer and draw up the divorce papers
    2) My heart is breaking for Gabriel (and he is adorablebtw!
    3) I am so worried about what George's reaction to Shai asking for a divorce will be. He's such a violent person. I really fear for Shai's safety - and now that it's confirmed that she's in love with Robert, I fear for his safety as well.
    We all know he will NOT want to leave that house. But then again, since it's just a rental house - it's always possible that Shai could let George stay in the house and Gabriel and Shai could go live with Robert. win-win for everyone. :o

Anyway -- Great chapters! Can't wait for more!! <3
  • Options
    Chapter 20 - Feeling helpless

Angel

It was already late when I came out of the darkness. It was strange how things had changed. I was looking forward to it. There had been a time I would have loved to forget myself in the dark void. Gabriel had given me a reason to not give up. He was the one I was laughing with. He was like my little brother. Lumen said it was good that I was happy again. He still tried to find out why I could not move on but it wasn’t that important anymore. I would be by Gabriels side until he moved out. I would see him grow up. I had seen his first steps, heard his first words, thought him reading, calmed him before his first school day or when his parents where yelling at each other. But not only I thought Gabriel something. Through him I learned that I could still use the computer. It was even pretty easy, especially with the ipad. Online shopping was now an option for me. I could change my appearance with a bit energy. Gabriel wanted me to wear a knight costume for Halloween this year. He thought that I could scare with that costume his friends before he remembered that this wasn’t working. I found something better.

BJY0w7y.png

I concentrated on my body and the picture I had seen of the dress. My old dress started to get a new form and within a blink of a moment I wore my “costume”. The shirt-dress had an error symbol on it and underneath stood “Error 404: Costume not found.”. It just fitted so well. I mean I was already a ghost. How more spooky could I be? Gabriel would love it. I knew it. We would laugh together and no matter how bad his day had been I would make him smile again. Then we would play cards or just chat for a while until I send him to sleep. Then I watched this beautiful boy sleeping until the darkness called me back again.

oQWMNw0.png

As soon as I floated through the door I knew it. This time a lame joke wouldn’t help him. He looked so sad and angry and … It was hard to describe. Something horrible had happened I was sure.

STatzH8.png

I sat down next to him. He looked up at me with those green bright eyes which were filled with tears waiting to roll down his cheeks.
    “Gabriel?”
    My voice was not more than a whisper. I wanted to help him so badly but I wasn’t sire what to do or what had happened.
    “It is … it is such a mess, Angel. What should I just do?”
    “What happened, Gabriel? Speak with me, please.”
    “I was at uncle Roberts store today. When Mama came to pick me up she wanted to speak with Robert alone for a moment. I shouldn’t have listened but … but I did. Angel, Mama wants a divorce. I … I … How should I feel? What about Papa … I mean …”
    The boy was stumbling over his words and it was hard to understand what he was talking about but I did.

CXM4zik.png

I touched the place where my heart had once been because it was breaking for my soul-brother. At least it felt like this. I didn’t know what I would have done if that had happened with my parents while I had been still this little. It had been hard enough seeing those pictures of them where they had been talking about a divorce while I had been in the darkness for the first time. Gabriel had been already close to be devastated when his friends parents decided that it was better for them. He had always feared that this could happen with his parents too and now we had reached that point. How should I calm him? I knew nothing about life. Nothing about love. Heck, I knew more about death than about something like this.

SU5E2lc.png

“Your parents love you, you know that Gabriel? They just want the best for you. If they are happier with this decision then it is also the best for you. You will see.”
    Even i knew that this was lame.
    “Are you sure? Are you sure that Papa loves me? I don’t see him very often and he is living in this house. What happens when he moves out? Do you think he would care then about me?”
    “Yes, I am sure. He loves you a lot. Maybe you don’t know it cause he doesn’t really shows it but he does.”
    “How do you know this? You can’t read minds.”
    “I don’t know it. I just can’t imagine that he doesn’t. You are such a great kid.”
    For a moment he seemed a bit calmed but then his eyes widened.
    “What if Mama and I move out? I can’t leave you alone, Angel. Not with Papa.”
    “You really shouldn’t lose a thought about me, Gabriel. I am already dead. I shouldn’t be afraid of your father but I am. I can avoid him. It is okay. If you two really move out, you come here to visit your father and I will be waiting for you too. I am forever your friend and at your side.”

VIFuXsI.png

“I know that it is maybe better for Mama. She had been happier the last weeks. I thought that it was because of her exhibition but I am not so sure anymore. It is good to see her smile. I love her so much and I can’t help but love Papa too. He doesn’t even know it yet, you know? He should know it.”
    Gabriel was silent for a moment. Then he looked just sadder than before.
    “Is it wrong to wish that Mama and Papa had gotten a divorce earlier? … I … feel sick to think it. But you know how they fought. I …”
    Gabriel stopped and looked for help in my eyes. Before I could say anything he stood up.
    “I need to tell it Mama, right? I need to be at her side and help her.”

F85mUXg.png

I stopped Gabriel and hold him in my arms. It was not the first time that I hoped that I could really feel him.
    “Your Mama will come to you when she is ready. Just say her that you understand it and hug her then. This is so much more than she would expect.”
    He nodded and a weak smile reached his lips.

uoToFSz.png

Gabriel hugged me. I didn’t know why but he touched me very often. I had asked him if he could feel me but he couldn’t. Maybe it was just a natural reaction of a young boy.

ombzui7.png

When he looked up he started laughing uncontrollable.
    “What? Is something wrong?”
    “The shirt! Did you do that for me?”
    I looked down and saw my Halloween costume. I totally forgot it.
    “Yes I did. What do you say? Is it scary enough?”
    “Definitely not.”
    “And if I hold a flashlight under my chin?”
    “That is scary but just cause then everyone would see a floating flashlight.”
    “True.”

5zgErn6.png

Gabriel wasn’t ready to go asleep already and so we played cards for a while. I hoped that he felt better or at least a bit. He was such a great kid but I felt so helpless right now. Could I do anything to help him?

Loh5iy7.png

I send him to go asleep as usual and I stayed watching over him. I would wake him if bad dreams wanted to made their way through his sleep. I sat there and waited until the darkness took me away from him.

kYKif94.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Gabriel is so sweet and considerate but I'm sorry to say I've never seen George even glance at Gabriel. I hate children who have to go through divorced parents but sometimes it is for the better.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Love this exchange. Why wouldn't Shai kick out George? She was in the house first! Unless she marries Robert.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    This was so sweet! I love how it shows even more of Gabriel and Angel's relationship. They're such close friends and I love how Angel tried to comfort him and how they're working things out together. I also liked Angel's costume. I'm glad it could cheer Gabriel up too. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    What a precious update :) Poor little guy .. so conflicted!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Awh, poor little Gabriel! I'm glad he has Angel by his side, she is a true support putting his feelings before her own!
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I enjoy Angel and Gabriel's friendship so much <3 It's good that Angel cares about the boy, they need each other :)
  • Options
    Gabriel is so lucky to have her as a friend.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Aww it's so sweet how they're such good friends. I hope George is the one who moves out but I doubt he will want to leave the house.
  • Options
    Chapter 21 – The exhibition

Shai

For a short moment I wanted to run away. I closed my eyes and checked in my mind if I have forgotten anything. George had a night shift today and he had already told me that he couldn’t and didn’t want to come to my exhibition. I was relieved and felt bad at the same time. He didn’t care about my work. It hurt but he would have asked me thousand questions about the exhibition I couldn’t answer. I had no idea why the pictures of the girl, Angel who had died in the house we lived, were stuck in my head until I painted them. I had hid them till today in Roberts storage. George would have flipped even though I didn’t know why, I had a bad feeling about this. But he was not here today and that was a good thing.
    Gabriel was staying for the evening by a friend. He had seen the exhibition with big wide open eyes this afternoon. He had really liked it, no matter how dark some paintings were. At those of me and Gorge he had looked for a long time. I wanted to say something but the words had stuck in my mouth. When he had turned to me he had just hugged me. I knew that Gabriel knew of the divorce through this action. He just gave me time to tell him. I was the luckiest woman on earth to have such a wonderful son.
    It had taken me a while to make myself ready for today. I just wanted to look as good as possible. My hair was falling down my shoulders in soft waves. I wore contact lenses and had put some more make up than usual on. The dress I wore was like a second skin and it had my favourite color. Violet. That should promise a good evening.
    The musicians for this event had arrived and where already on there place.
    The buffet was ready to be eaten by my guests.
    Okay one last breathing in and out.
    I took the microphone in my hand with still closed eyes.
    “Good evening. My name is Shaiyenne Veilchen. I am very happy to welcome you to my exhibition. It is the first time I get such a chance and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the gallery owner for this. Of course there are a plenty of other people to thank but I don’t want to bore you. All those I should thank know it already.”

OGrGnHJ.png

“I guess we should first of all start with the organization of this exhibition. Here down in the lounge you can see the series ‘Women of the society‘. It is right behind me and you can’t miss it. I know that you are hungry but maybe you take a look behind the buffet. There is the next series of me which is called ‘The adventurer’. On the first floor is a different exhibition of sculptures. Feel free to take a look there as well. The rest of my artworks is in the second floor.”

SUtYCG4.png

“I know that some critiques are here today and I also know that everything is better with a full stomach. So first of all I open the buffet now. Eat and chat. Get yourself a drink at the bar. Listen to the music and maybe dance a bit. After this we will still have a lot of time to walk upstairs. Thanks for your attention and have a nice evening. If you have any questions about my artworks please feel free to ask me.”
    I put the microphone back and realised just yet the claps of my visitors. Relieved I walked to them.

6teM45d.png

5BzKq2j.png

I didn’t come far though. Maurice stopped me and gave me a huge smile. We had stayed in contact through the years and sometimes I was asking myself if he really just wanted to be friendly. I was not sure but I wouldn’t question it too much.
    “Hey Shai. You did an amazing job with this. The speech was good as well. I am really happy you could realise your dream.”
    “Thank you so much for coming today. This evening means a lot to me. I am happy you are here.”
    “Where is George, by the way? I haven’t seen him by now.”
    “He has a night shift. However, he isn’t so much in art after all.”
    Okay it got a bit awkward now. I didn’t want to continue this conversation. I guessed I know where it would lead.

MWWNKsf.png

To my luck Robert came to save me from it.
    “You were awesome Shai. Just as I told you, you have nothing to worry about. The exhibition is really meaningful and you are so talented.”
    I blushed and wanted to say something but Robert was not finished yet.
    “And … and you look just stunning today. Not that you don’t look that beautiful everyday.”
    I smiled at him and I understood. He was nervous and so I was too.
    “Don’t worry. I get what you want to say. Thank you.”

hYiKa7g.png

Robert gave me relieved smile and I just wanted to kiss him right now. I was so full of happiness and excitement. I was so thankful to have him. For all the help he gave me.
    “Thank you for everything.”
    I added and hugged him.

cn7Sjct.png

When I let him go again Robert bowed down as if we where in one of those old movies.
    “Mylady? May I ask for this dance?”
    I smiled and nodded happily.
    For a while we danced and I couldn’t believe what a good dancer Robert was. He seemed to be clumsy at the first sight with everything but as soon as it was something which meant a lot to him he was perfect in it.

z49i6xs.png

20H7SBR.png

pRrV7ZY.png

ZKVm0Nj.png

YEY62ny.png

aByFbmo.png

viC6MJ4.png

w1P9HMs.png

MoD6rqf.png

dj9tD7I.png

qoa1MXa.png

JyTT3Oh.png

6uSh7Ty.png

zU3fTo8.png

1IkijXF.png

d9oH2Tt.png

KOQpibV.png

cneBqlp.png

Qp1ncLF.png

heF5IeR.png

HlJyF1n.png

woHTbV0.png

BTL939R.png

After answering many questions, eating a bit and showing my guests around in the gallery I stepped to the panorama window of the building. I watched how the lights were light up in the houses, how the passengers walked down the street, how the cars left trail of white and red light. Today clouds were covering the stars and just a few beams of moonlight made their way through it. Deep in thoughts it took me a while to realise Robert next to me. The other guests didn’t seem to notice us. They were chatting or analysing the paintings.

QCdCUZz.png

I decided to steal a few minutes with the man I really cared about. I moved a bit closer to him and my shoulder was soon touching his.

va4LbaF.png

I took his hand and softly stroke over it. I could see how surprise he was from my action and so I was. I still hadn’t told George about my wish to divorce. If we were fighting cause of it, having a affair wouldn’t help me in the sight of the court. But I didn’t want to think of this now too much. My lawyer had even said me that there wasn’t much to fear even if I started something with a different man. The teacher and every friend of Gabriel could tell who was caring about him. I mean, some of Gabriels teacher believe I was a single mother. With the Marriage settlement George and I have I couldn’t even have a financial damage from a divorce. I just wanted to be careful. Today I was just so happy and I needed to share this moment.

laytojV.png

For a few minutes we just stood there watching the scene of this vibrant city, hearing the soft sound of talking people and enjoying the moment.

zWw3M8w.png

When I wanted to go back to my guests, Robert kept me back. He took my hand and placed a kiss on it. Sometimes I really thought as if he was born in the wrong century. I enjoyed it but couldn’t help. My worries came back. I had promised to tell George from the divorce after this evening. I was not sure how I should manage this. Where should I start? What if he flipped out?

6pFvxns.png

When Robert looked up and in my eyes I could see the same wish which was standing in mine. He wanted to kiss me right here right now. He didn’t care who saw us but I couldn’t get myself out of my thoughts. I didn’t want to be the cheating again even though I knew it would be worth this time.
    As if Robert read my mind he started to speak.
    “When have you planned to tell him?”
    “I don’t know. It is just so … so hard. At least I have now finished making this exhibition. I will find the fitting time soon.”
    “Should I help you? I could come over and watch for Gabriel while you do it. If you need then help you could just call me. Of course if you and Gabriel need a place to stay you can always come to me. I have a spare bedroom and a couch, just in case. ”

oXZrs31.png

I took my hand back down but I still held his.
    “I don’t know what I would do without you. I will take your offer. You are the most amazing friend I could wish for.”
    “And I will stay your friend as long as you want it. I know that it takes time but you are worth waiting for.”
    “I would want to change our relationship right here right now but I am scared. I just don’t dare.”

oqtKXTK.png

I turned around and walked back to the others followed by Robert.

• Options
    Chapter 22 - Takes my breath away

Robert

It was already late when Shai and I left the gallery. Not too late though. Gabriel was still awake and waiting for his mother to pick him up and bring home. I had helped Shai to clean up. It wasn’t her job to do it but the cleaning company messed something up and they couldn’t come until tomorrow afternoon. Shai had decided that she could do it too. Shai and I had already said goodbye to each other and that Shai would call me when she planned to tell it her husband.
    But as I watched how she walked away, I couldn’t let her go. Shai was scared and so I was. Scared as h€ll. I just couldn’t let it end today like this. Everything had been perfect and Shai looked like a goddess. Nobody was here who could may see us. I wouldn’t get such an opportunity again in the near future. I had already kissed her but since that day I couldn’t think of anything else. I loved her already for a long time. She had been the first woman I really liked since my own divorce years ago. Shai supported me, she cared about me and she trusted me. I often wished she had left her husband earlier but I hadn’t wanted to be the one who is the reason for her divorce. Seemed like I somehow still was it.
    “Shai wait.”
    She stopped in her traces and I walked to her.

OBRGtVu.png

“Have you forgot something?”
    Shai seemed confused first.
    “Yes I have.”
    I took her face in my hands and placed a kiss on her lips. I promise that I hadn’t planned for more than a quick soft kiss. I just couldn’t different. Shai wasn’t a help with it. She immediately opened her mouth and gave me a deep and longing kiss back. I felt how her touches were burning on my skin. How the flames made their way in my heart.

YEAHCnb.png

Shai pressed me against her perfect body and I let one of my hands slide down while the other hand was deep in her silicon hair. She took my breath away.

gwx3SpF.png

I still don’t know how I managed to stop but I did. Not tonight, I told myself. But soon. Shai was worth waiting. For a moment we stood there enjoying being close to each other before we both went home. But my thoughts stayed at the kiss we had just shared.

UnEbrlM.png

t0ux0FP.png

2hKKPXF.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    The one time George decides to be a decent husband of course. Face palm. Robert look out he's killed before.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oh yeah - ouch - i was terrified through the entire party that he'd show up and ruin it. And now he's going to make a scene. I know it. :( I bet he wasn't being a "good husband" I bet he was annoyed when he got home and she wasn't there and went to go pick her up....even if the party wasn't over yet. grrr.

Darn you George, you are a horrible person. :P There I feel...better? Gabriel is a sweety-pie and Angel and Shai have a lot to do with that. Not George of course.

I love the parallel story - and maybe it's just my inability to see sim face details but the blond woman sitting with the man on the bench in the gallery reminded me of the Fushians...(such a silly word to censor). Now that's a situation that terrified me as well. Playing the violin without putting your shirt back on? You are just asking for a love story there.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    OH CRAPPPPPPPP I am SO nervous for Shai...will Angel have a dark room roommate?? Those drawings were EPIC omg I am so thankful you strategically placed your frames so we could drink in every inch of that gallery - I cannot wait to download this I can use it in my upcoming story SO BREATH TAKING - Just incredible.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    PS - I love Shai's evolution. I feel like she was so mousy when we met her in the beginning and she has grown to be this graceful elegant and majestic character!! Well done :)
  • Options
    Someone is going to die, either Robert or Shai, I just know it. Wait a minute. I just realized I say that in every comment. But everything is so ominous!

Some simselves seem to be very lucky to attend every important social event in the sim world, no matter whether it is an exhibition or a book signing. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg