Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims game?

MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
Just wondering, what is your favorite Sims game? :)

Comments

• lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Definitely either the Sims or the Sims 2. I usually played the Sims for nostalgia purposes and to be honest I just like the more simplified and kinda-creepy looking sims.

And with the Sims 2, oh my god, it's my haven for storytelling and character development. I become so attached to my sims way too fast in this game, especially when they age up and stuff. Aaaaah I love my sims.
  • PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    Sims 2 - expansion packs were just jam packed with so much content and kept you going for hours. So many cool little features which make up for all the loading screens, slightly dated graphics and allow it to be just as playable now, 2 iterations of Sims later
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Between TS2 and TS3 for me.
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    Either TS2 or TS3. TS2 really expanded on TS1, and was a great life simulator, that can still be enjoyed today. TS3 had a bit of change, that really worked. Unlike TS4, the changes worked and the game still felt like a true life simulator.
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    The Sims 3.
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    With the exception of the graphics, it has to be 3. I love this game, and I especially love CAW. No matter how many other games I play, I always come back to 3, and when I open CAW and start to create a world, I feel like I'm home again. Create a world for me was the singularly most significant creation of this entire franchise.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I love the open world in the Sims 3. The sims 3 is the best one for me. I bought all expansion packs of TS2 and tried to play but I already got used to the TS3 graphics.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Sims 2 been waiting for a long time for them to continue with the sequel. 3 or 4 is not the sims!! Other's enjoy them but a old timer like me misses the sims from 2.... :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    TS3

There are so many customisable options, and it has everything TS2 had - besides plant sims and some other details - but has a ton of things TS2 didn't have. Plus I love the seemless world a lot better. In TS2, in order to keep relationships with other sims more natural I'd have to go to each household and play them the same amount of days as my main house. It did, however, give me extra time to build relationships more before they all aged and stuff.

Plus, I love that you can have their lives last as long as you want them to. Each generation did feel a little too short once I played enough of them throughout TS & TS2.
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    The Sims 3.
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    The Sims 2 is definitely my favourite. I had hundreds of hours on it with all the expansions and stuff packs as well as thousands of mods. My Sims 2 game was much more open world than what The Sims 3 ever was. I had so many objects and game mods at ever level of the game I could play a single map all the way from an individual house hold all the way to a small town with a harbor and airport, every lot functioning as it should. The Sims 2 game because of modding made it virtually endless.

Next I would have to say The Sims 1 including The Sims Online, simply because it was the original masterpiece from Will Wright that started it all, and it was an awesome game. What you could do in The Sims 1 especially for its time. I mean seriously that game had more active interaction gameplay than The Sims 3 and that for 2003 was just awesome.

Next I would have to say The Sims 4. Reason, The Sims 4 actually feels like a Sims game again. It plays like one, builds like one and progresses like one. Which shouldn't be surprising given it was made by Maxis unlike The Sims 3.

This brings me to The Sims 3. I enjoyed this game the least. It just did not play like a Sims game. For some reason this game just always felt off to me, and no matter how many expansions or stuff packs I threw at it. It still felt off. I didn't enjoy the pudding face graphics, the fake illusion of open world, heck even the Simlish sounded off. Sure it was a life simulator but it was not a Sims game. No surprise there either since this was the only Sims that had no development done by Maxis.

Well that is my personal list and views of my most to least favourite Sims game.
  • PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    TS2 is my favorite, but I like TS3 in many ways too. I love the open world.
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    For me it's a tie between 2 and 3. I like the gameplay of the Sims 2, but I like the open word and customization options of 3.
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    The Sims for nostalgia of course, the rest in this order;

- The Sims 2 my fave! along with Castaway Stories as well!
    - The Sims 3 I love the open world
    - The Sims 4 last hahaha
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    It's a toss-up between Sims 2 and 3.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Loved Sims 2 and all it's exceptional add ons but I'm going to have to go with Sims 3 and it's open world
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd imagine if I could get a pc with dedicated graphics that won't slowly destroy the motherboard I'd go with TS2. I've played TS1 the most though.
  • VampyraCatVampyraCat Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 3 for gameplay and open world
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    Without a doubt Sims 2 is my favorite.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Sims 2 & Sims 4.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    TS3 Supernatural.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    The Sims Bustin out.
    [
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    Probably The Sims 3, clocked the most hours on that one. I do like TS2 lots as well, though.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TS2, for more reasons than I could possibly post, and constantly finding new ones. TS1 is second, 3 & 4 are sharing last place. Both of those have features that are incredibly good, and both have features that totally turn me off and send me back to TS2.
  • ArmaniArmani Posts: 31 Member
    Sims 3 - Weather Expansion