Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    3.36 Me and my twin

14_9_16_20_40_40.png

It was a warm Wednesday midday, the schools had ended two hours ago and somewhere in-between Troian and Tatum had dropped off their oldest daughters. Both only a year older they were the perfect friends for young Margo.

"This unicorn, it's impressive!" Hester beamed, lifting one of the massive stuffed arms. "I don't even think it would fit in my room!" After years of dependence, Troian had finally saved up enough money for her own apartment. It was small, and she slept in the living room. But it was hers, theirs.

Margo smiled friendly, her legs swung sideway from her drawing table. "It is pretty big." She admitted proudly, she was very well aware of the fact that her room was a child-paradise.

14_9_16_20_42_34.png

She then bend over the paper once again, continuing her drawing. She wasn't exactly sure what she would make out of it. A cat? Or maybe a fox? The noise produced by Charlotte rummaging through her toy box made it hard to concentrate. With a sigh she laid down her pencil, at least her cousins were having fun.

"Can't you just spend hours in here?" Hester finally asked, turning away from the giant stuffed animal she was admiring just seconds ago. Margo smiled widely. "It is pretty amazing, isn't it?" She laughed as her eyes wandered around the pink room. "It's flawless!" Hester corrected her. "I would give anything for a room like this!"

14_9_16_20_47_04.png

Margo thought about the room she had seen when visiting her aunt. It wasn't nearly as big or pink as hers. But it had a lot of toys she didn't, and looked like her mother never asked her to clean her room. She wished she didn't have to clean her room.

"Well I like your room!" She then complimented, hoping to cheer up her niece. "Especially the flowers on the wall!" The big smile Hester returned, made Margo's heart skip a beat. She was glad her compliment was appreciated.

14_9_16_20_48_26.png

The girls wandered around the room a little more, while Margo continued drawing. Finally both Hester and Charlotte took place on the bed for some chatter. "Where's Graham?" Charlotte asked, rubbing her fingers on top of her legs. Margo shrugged a little. "I don't know, in his room I think." She answered, suddenly also wondering where her brother might have gone. She last saw him right after her cousins ran in. "I wish my siblings would leave me alone!" Charlotte then cried. "They're so young and needy. And they fall all the time!" Even though Tatum's twins where only 2 years younger, the age difference and the two to one spirit they held made the relationship with their big sister difficult.

14_9_16_20_46_38.png

"I actually really like Graham." Margo admitted, a big smile on her face. "I mean, why not? He's sweet and plays with me a lot." The thought of her twin brother made her eyes brighten. "But he's so gloomy all the time." Hester laughed. "Not all the time." Margo defended. "I think he just misses our dad a lot. Thinking about him makes me glo-gle-" She stumbled over the word her cousin had just used. "sad too!" She eventually decided on saying, as it was approximately easier to pronounce. "I'm wondering what he's doing right now." She then sighed, bending over her still unfinished drawing.

14_9_16_20_53_29.png

"Graham?" Farrah just came up the stairs of the attic to get her sons laundry when she saw him sitting on the bed. "Is everything okay? Shouldn't you be down, playing with your sister?" She asked, aware of her teary-eyed son. Softly he shook his head. "No, it's okay." He answered, not directly looking at her. Farrah shook her head, the laundry could wait.

14_9_16_20_58_26.png

"What's up?" She asked, playfully elbowing her son whom she had taken place next to. "Nothing." He said, not really answering Farrah's question. "No, the sky is up." She then said, making Graham giggle. "There's that smile I love so much!" She cooed him. "Now speak up." Graham sighed, softly he squeezed himself under his mothers arm and against her bosom. "I don't think they want to play with me." He finally admitted.

14_9_16_20_59_03.png

She pressed him closer. "Why do you think that?" She asked. Graham laughed. "Mom, can't- breathe-." She answered by softly releasing his shoulders, still not letting go.

For a moment, there was silence.

"Hester always gives me this funny look when she visits." He brought out, the playful atmosphere leaving the room as if sucked up by the stair hole. "Oh honey, don't you know that could mean anything? Literally anything!" She repeated herself, making Graham look up to her. "How do you know?" Farrah resisted making some lame joke about doubting your mother and loosened her grip.

14_9_16_20_56_11.png

"My big sisters used to give me those kind of looks all the time!" She reassured. "They had so many friends, and I always sort of retreated in my room. Like you." Graham leaned back, so that he could see his mother more clearly. She didn't look sad telling him this particular story. "And they always thought they were so funny! Making jokes about me, semi-bullying me. But at the end of the day, they were really only trying to be my friend, to involve me." She laid her hand against his back. "Not wanting to socialize, wanting to be alone and retreating in your room. That's all fine, I did it too. But remember people won't get to know you, if you don't give them a chance. And you're such a sweet boy!"

14_9_16_20_58_40.png

Graham latched onto his mother once again. "Thank you." He simply said, burying his head in her neck. "I was merely telling the truth." She responded, rubbing his arm. "Do you feel like playing with them now?" Farrah asked, but Graham shook his head. "No, maybe next time." He answered. "I'm okay with being alone for now."
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Aww, what a good mom she is <3
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Farrah looks better and better with age. Funny thing about gloomy kids, my Chris wasn't acting gloomy at all as a kid.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Deleted. Multiple post. *sigh*
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Leeuska1Leeuska1 Posts: 59 Member
    Their family is pretty big now, so many kids, I love that :) Is Farrah now happy? She looks like she is much happier on her own.
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Awww... But I'm curious. Valentine? Years have passed.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Aww, what a good mom she is <3

@CharmingMaruska She is, isn't she. The years really did her good :)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Graham is such a cute boy. I may or may not have found my future favourite ;)

@Marialein Already! And that while I have so much more story planned for him :wink:
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Farrah looks better and better with age. Funny thing about gloomy kids, my Chris wasn't acting gloomy at all as a kid.

@Maladi777 Don't you hate forum glitches!
    But the time really did do her good! Gloomy kids are so unpredictable! I never would've guessed Chris was gloomy! Graham really has it bad though, he wakes up sad a lot
    Leeuska1 wrote: »
    Their family is pretty big now, so many kids, I love that :) Is Farrah now happy? She looks like she is much happier on her own.

@Leeuska1 Yeah! Iris just turned into a teenager, but it's full-house with six people! Right now Farrah is certainly happy with her life, but she still longs for love :blush:

@Spottydog714 Valentine! To be honest I'm not sure he will have a (big) role anymore. His story was kind of over when Troian and he made amends. If either of the twins were chosen heir he probably would've had a bigger part. But right now he doesn't really fit in the story :)
  • Options
    I guess... I totally get that he doesn't fit into the story anymore but is there any chance he and Troian get together? They were always my favourite ship of Simlit. Now they are at the top with Thomas and Kellie.
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Awe - that was a beautiful update and I am digging Far's new look. I cant wait to see and meet the childrens personalities :)

Thank you, I felt the need for something mushy :blush:
    Definitely can't wait either!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Sniff .. Maxime off on the airplane .. pass the Kleenex please!!
    Beautiful look at a mother's love .. and a fitting picture too!

Thank you so much! Glad you caught up :)

I am glad too .. taken me far too long to get caught up to everyone .. :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    What a lovely tender moment between mother and son.. Graham is a soulful little fella! <3 sweet update :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I guess... I totally get that he doesn't fit into the story anymore but is there any chance he and Troian get together? They were always my favourite ship of Simlit. Now they are at the top with Thomas and Kellie.

@Spottydog714 I can't really say anything about that yet, I don't really have their future planned out and it would be spoilery :lol:
    They have a lot of haters, so I love to hear that they're your favourite ship! I quite adore them myself. A lot. Might let them pose together just for us ;)
    What a lovely tender moment between mother and son.. Graham is a soulful little fella! <3 sweet update :)

@lisabee2 Thank you <3
    They sure have a good bond!!
  • Options

@Spottydog714 I can't really say anything about that yet, I don't really have their future planned out and it would be spoilery :lol:
    They have a lot of haters, so I love to hear that they're your favourite ship! I quite adore them myself. A lot. Might let them pose together just for us ;)

Oooo yes please! I would love that! I volunteer to defend the ship with my bow and arrows!
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    ...and I am up to date :)

I love Farraha so much! I really enjoyed seeing what she has made of herself. She is an amazing mum and I love LOVE her hair. Is it CC?

I was kind of sad about Maximuse (I know I spelt it wrong it's 1am here sooooo tired...can't type properly). I have a soft spot for those unrequited love stories. I can't wait to see more <3
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww, Farrah is a wonderful mother. And she seems so comfortable with who she is these days. Love her :)

I like howmyou write the contrast between the twins personalities. Should only get more interesting as they grow older :)
  • Options
    Kamio wrote: »
    ...and I am up to date :)

I love Farraha so much! I really enjoyed seeing what she has made of herself. She is an amazing mum and I love LOVE her hair. Is it CC?

I was kind of sad about Maximuse (I know I spelt it wrong it's 1am here sooooo tired...can't type properly). I have a soft spot for those unrequited love stories. I can't wait to see more <3

@Kamio I'm so happy you're back <3
    And you were so quick to catch up! Chapeau to you! Farrah sure is an amazing mom, her hair is from the Backyard Stuff pack ;)

Maxime's story was quite a sad one this time around! Hopefully his future will be brighter :blush:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Aww, Farrah is a wonderful mother. And she seems so comfortable with who she is these days. Love her :)

I like howmyou write the contrast between the twins personalities. Should only get more interesting as they grow older :)

@ThePlumbob Farrah grew a lot after she finally started to listen to herself!

And thank you very much, I already have plans for their teenage years and can quite honestly not wait to age them up :lol:
  • Options
    3.37 Undateable

2_10_16_18_47_44.png

"And, what do you think?" Farrah, asked confidently turning around from the mirror. "Isn't this the most stunning dress you have ever seen?" She added, hands on her hips and a smile so big it almost filled her entire face. A perplexed Mirjam was sitting on the bed. "Well, yeah. I guess." She muttered, not taking her eyes of Farrah who was trying to get a wrinkle out of the skirt of the dress. "You don't like it." She concluded disappointed.

2_10_16_18_48_03.png

Mirjam violently shook her head. "No! That's not it! You look stunn-- The dress is absolutely stunning!" She spoke hastily. "I just really have trouble understanding you." She then added on less happy terms. Farrah laughed. "Don't understand what?" She asked, reapplying her vibrant coloured lipstick. "I don't understand why you're going through all this trouble. It's a first date. And not just any ordinary first date, a blind date! And the last forty one or so were straight out disasters!" Farrah crossed her arms. "I've not been on forty first dates! And you're one to talk! How long have you and Carly been together now?"

2_10_16_18_52_54.png

"Only a month or so." Mirjam blushed as Farrah took place next to her. "Exactly, and look how much you blossomed! You're glowing!" Mirjam blushed, unable to say anything. "I'm just trying to find that same feeling, Miri." She caressingly called her. "Even if I have to really go through forty disastrous dates to find it, I would do it!" Mirjam finally found her tongue. "But what if you don't have to?" She asked shyly. Farrah's hoarse laughter came unexpected. "Well, then I won't! That would be just perfect!" She grinned.

2_10_16_18_54_24.png

"Yeah, perfect." Mirjam smiled uncomfortably. Farrah and she had been friends for so long now, she had watched her evolve herself in not only her writing, but also her personality. The once so shy and reserved Farrah had made place for a strong independent mother of two. She was a different and the same person at the same time.

Farrah then took out her buzzing phone. "That's my cue! Thank you for helping me get dressed, Mirjam. I really appreciate it." She said sincerely.

Yeah, she's still the same Farrah.

2_10_16_19_07_28.png

The blond haired beauty had her face almost buried in the menu when Simon finally arrived at the restaurant. He immediately recognized her, though. It's not every day you get set-up on a date with the heir to the Newcrest legacy and most promising author of your time.

"Farrah Grace." He greeted her, making her finally look up. She arched an eyebrow for a second before smiling. "I'm Simon." He introduced himself, she notably relaxed her shoulders upon hearing his name. He could almost hear her think: 'No fan.'

2_10_16_19_10_40.png

"Simon." She greeted as he took place across from her. "It's so nice to meet you." She continued, placing the menu back on the table. "I'm sorry, I have a knack for coming super early. Don't feel intrigued please." He laughed at her politeness, he was obviously late but she wouldn't give him any plum for it. Instead of answering he just gave her a friendly smile. "So tell me a little about yourself." She then asked, folding her hands into one another. Her eye-contact made him feel dizzy.

2_10_16_19_10_09.png

Simon started telling about himself, how he was in his last year of college; aspiring to be an English teacher at an high-school one day. And all the adventures it brought with him, only being interrupted by the waiter taking their order and not much later the very same waiter bringing the food. Farrah was notably silent throughout his story, only nodding every one and then. He liked that in a woman, when she was able to listen rather than talk.

2_10_16_19_23_42.png

As Simon finally ended his story, with an anecdote about his last frat-party, Farrah finally took the liberty to taste her wine. Only to chug it all back in one throw. He 🐸🐸🐸🐸 his head as she put the glass back. "Is... Everything okay?" He asked, which suddenly made Farrah very aware of what her gesture could mean. "Oh uhm, yeah." She said sheepishly, her cheeks turning a vibrant colour of pink. "It's just." She shook her head. "You're in college, Simon." She said, clearly embarrassed. He was taken aback by her boldness. "So?"

2_10_16_19_19_47.png

"So? I'm a mother of two. I'm by far older." Simon shook his head in disbelieve. "Age is just a number, and to be honest I'm not that young anymore!" He defended himself. Farrah rubbed her head. "I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about maturity. You're young, a frat boy. Only just started life." Simon was clearly not agreeing with her statements. "I'm a full grown adult, Farrah." But she hushed him. "This has nothing to do with that. I'm sorry, this is just not going to work." She once again sighed. "Look at you! You're wearing a shirt with some band-lyrics printed on it to a date!"

2_10_16_19_10_53.png

"It's... a movie quote." He tried to defend himself again, but was slowly catching up on what Farrah was saying. "Really." Farrah said as she grabbed her purse and rumbled through it. "You're a really nice guy, and I bet there's a really nice girl for you out there." She pressed the bills on the table, as payment for the food. "But.. I can't right now." She excused herself, and left the restaurant.

Simon leaned back in his chair. Farrah, the heir to the Newcrest legacy, most promising author of her time, and undateable.
  • Options
    What is it Farrah is looking for? She's looking for it her whole life and doesn't seem to be able to find it poor girl. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I totally don't agree with Farrah and I totally agree with Simon! She even didn't try to talk and know him better, so how she can judge him saying that he's immature and etc.? Age is just the numbers and I experienced that myself in my life, all depends on your mind and soul. Well, but we all learn from our mistakes, so I think Farrah will learn her lesson, too ;)
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    So, Farrah knows he is imature because of his clothes... :D:D (I'm actually laughing here)
    Well I'm with @roseinblack69 in this! ;)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So Mirjam does feel something for Farrah (or at least it feels like that)
    and Farrah is dating again. I just hope the best for her.
    You know what I have thought when I saw Simon? Not that he is immature or young or something like this. I had asked myself if he is a relative of Farrah :D
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member

Yes - what happened to this cutie!! Also, I loved seeing all the beautiful children, Far's relationship with her kids and she is all grown up and as elegant as ever <3
  • Options
    3.37 Undateable
    2_10_16_18_47_44.png

"And, what do you think?" Farrah, asked confidently turning around from the mirror. "Isn't this the most stunning dress you have ever seen?" She added, hands on her hips and a smile so big it almost filled her entire face. A perplexed Mirjam was sitting on the bed. "Well, yeah. I guess." She muttered, not taking her eyes of Farrah who was trying to get a wrinkle out of the skirt of the dress. "You don't like it." She concluded disappointed.

2_10_16_18_48_03.png

Mirjam violently shook her head. "No! That's not it! You look stunn-- The dress is absolutely stunning!" She spoke hastily. "I just really have trouble understanding you." She then added on less happy terms. Farrah laughed. "Don't understand what?" She asked, reapplying her vibrant coloured lipstick. "I don't understand why you're going through all this trouble. It's a first date. And not just any ordinary first date, a blind date! And the last forty one or so were straight out disasters!" Farrah crossed her arms. "I've not been on forty first dates! And you're one to talk! How long have you and Carly been together now?"

2_10_16_18_52_54.png

"Only a month or so." Mirjam blushed as Farrah took place next to her. "Exactly, and look how much you blossomed! You're glowing!" Mirjam blushed, unable to say anything. "I'm just trying to find that same feeling, Miri." She caressingly called her. "Even if I have to really go through forty disastrous dates to find it, I would do it!" Mirjam finally found her tongue. "But what if you don't have to?" She asked shyly. Farrah's hoarse laughter came unexpected. "Well, then I won't! That would be just perfect!" She grinned.

2_10_16_18_54_24.png

"Yeah, perfect." Mirjam smiled uncomfortably. Farrah and she had been friends for so long now, she had watched her evolve herself in not only her writing, but also her personality. The once so shy and reserved Farrah had made place for a strong independent mother of two. She was a different and the same person at the same time.

Farrah then took out her buzzing phone. "That's my cue! Thank you for helping me get dressed, Mirjam. I really appreciate it." She said sincerely.

Yeah, she's still the same Farrah.

2_10_16_19_07_28.png

The blond haired beauty had her face almost buried in the menu when Simon finally arrived at the restaurant. He immediately recognized her, though. It's not every day you get set-up on a date with the heir to the Newcrest legacy and most promising author of your time.

"Farrah Grace." He greeted her, making her finally look up. She arched an eyebrow for a second before smiling. "I'm Simon." He introduced himself, she notably relaxed her shoulders upon hearing his name. He could almost hear her think: 'No fan.'

2_10_16_19_10_40.png

"Simon." She greeted as he took place across from her. "It's so nice to meet you." She continued, placing the menu back on the table. "I'm sorry, I have a knack for coming super early. Don't feel intrigued please." He laughed at her politeness, he was obviously late but she wouldn't give him any plum for it. Instead of answering he just gave her a friendly smile. "So tell me a little about yourself." She then asked, folding her hands into one another. Her eye-contact made him feel dizzy.

2_10_16_19_10_09.png

Simon started telling about himself, how he was in his last year of college; aspiring to be an English teacher at an high-school one day. And all the adventures it brought with him, only being interrupted by the waiter taking their order and not much later the very same waiter bringing the food. Farrah was notably silent throughout his story, only nodding every one and then. He liked that in a woman, when she was able to listen rather than talk.

2_10_16_19_23_42.png

As Simon finally ended his story, with an anecdote about his last frat-party, Farrah finally took the liberty to taste her wine. Only to chug it all back in one throw. He plum his head as she put the glass back. "Is... Everything okay?" He asked, which suddenly made Farrah very aware of what her gesture could mean. "Oh uhm, yeah." She said sheepishly, her cheeks turning a vibrant colour of pink. "It's just." She shook her head. "You're in college, Simon." She said, clearly embarrassed. He was taken aback by her boldness. "So?"

2_10_16_19_19_47.png

"So? I'm a mother of two. I'm by far older." Simon shook his head in disbelieve. "Age is just a number, and to be honest I'm not that young anymore!" He defended himself. Farrah rubbed her head. "I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about maturity. You're young, a frat boy. Only just started life." Simon was clearly not agreeing with her statements. "I'm a full grown adult, Farrah." But she hushed him. "This has nothing to do with that. I'm sorry, this is just not going to work." She once again sighed. "Look at you! You're wearing a shirt with some band-lyrics printed on it to a date!"

2_10_16_19_10_53.png

"It's... a movie quote." He tried to defend himself again, but was slowly catching up on what Farrah was saying. "Really." Farrah said as she grabbed her purse and rumbled through it. "You're a really nice guy, and I bet there's a really nice girl for you out there." She pressed the bills on the table, as payment for the food. "But.. I can't right now." She excused herself, and left the restaurant.

Simon leaned back in his chair. Farrah, the heir to the Newcrest legacy, most promising author of her time, and undateable.

LOL OH my gosh make that the last forty two or so are straight out disasters .. oh my had me rolling .. POOR Farrah!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Well, she has a point, I guess, but she didn't even try. She didn't even give him a chance! And I feel like the previous disastrous dates could be disastrous because of Farrah's quick judgment, too. ( My guess is that she secretly wants to date Mirjam and that's why she's so ready to reject everyone else for whatever reason she can come up with. :lol: )