Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Could the Sims 3 section please get its own Creative Corner section again? I know there is a general one but that is both 4 and 3, add to that 4 has its own dedicated creative corner section as well as that one which is being shared.

It would be really nice if there was a place within the Sims 3 community forum area to share creative stuff, and to look through other users creations without having to pick through all of the Sims 4 threads. I don't know what thoughts went into the decision to break it up this way but it is kind of a hot mess.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I second this.

I like to look through houses, but it's rare to see any threads in the common CC prefaced with a 3 or 4, and i end up clicking on a lot of threads and then being disappointed to see its a TS4 creation.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Yes please I know you are trying to make us play sims 4 but it ain't gonna happen so it's better to just give us our own section again. It would also solve a lot of the drama happening on the forums in topics that are shared between sims 4 and sims 3 fans.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    yes, I agree. @simgurudrake could you please comment and let us know if you can do this for Sim3 fans. Thanks.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm seconding this! There are still new Sims 3 players joining the site, and very often they can't find the Creative Corner they're meant to post in and end up starting a thread in the Sims 3 General Discussion subforum asking about it.
    I've had the same problem Pary had - I wanted to search for Sims 3 builds but they were buried somewhere in a pile of Sims 4 builds.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I too agree with this. It's not right that TS2 and TS4 have their very own in their sections but TS3 has nothing in the TS3 section.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I agree with EVERYONE!! Please.... @SimGuruDrake . The Sim 3 really needs to have a Creative Corner again.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Couldn't agree more.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Please ^^ to keep in touch with my fellow sims 3 fans !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I agree. I have wasted too much time trying to wade through the mess we currently are expected to work with. Then I gave up on it altogether.

That is a shame because people still want to download my builds sometimes and there is no place I can showcase them where they have some chance of finding them.

And I like to download worlds and other things made by the community. But I can't find them in Creative Corner now so I search the internet and get what I can find from other sites.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I definitely agree with this! I hardly look over there anymore because it's impossible to find anything. I don't understand why The Sims 3 has so many subforums but is missing one of the important ones! And yet The Sims 2 has it? It makes no sense to me :confused:
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I agree with everything said above, so sign me up to ask @SimGuruDrake to open a Creative Corner for TS3 please!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I too think this would be a wonderful asset to Sims 3, there are many here who make such wonderful worlds, but it is hard to find them. We do need this. Please.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    <3 Thank you all so much for your voices, hopefully this can happen! Even if it is a brand new Creative Corner and not the same one we've had since 2009. Might be better that way anyway, I can't imagine the task of sorting through the entire CC thread up there to put TS3 threads in the TS3 section and the TS4 threads in their section. That section is hopeless for both 3 and 4 players, really.
    TS3 simmers deserve this. Pretty please, @SimGuruDrake ?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -I found it hard to wade through the mess to find Sims 3 content to download when I go looking.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited October 2016
    I thought the big Creative Corner section in Categories is Sims 3, except for the Artists and Video categories which are all-versions:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/builders
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/sims-and-modeling
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/stories-and-legacies
    Those three categories go back to 2009. Are people posting Sims 4 stuff there? This is the Sims 4 Creative Corner, in the Sims 4 section of Categories:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner

Maybe they could move those three topics down to the Sims 3 area?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @luthienrising , that's the point: that Creative Corner section is not clearly marked as being for Sims 3, so it's being used both by Sims 3 and Sims 4 players. In addition to that, Sims 4 players also have a whole Creative Corner all for themselves. So Sims 4 players are using one and a half Creative Corner, and Sims 3 players are just using a half.

Also, new Sims 3 players coming to the forum often think a Creative Corner for Sims 3 simply doesn't exist, because it's not marked as such, and because it's separated from the rest of the Sims 3 subforums.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I'm all about not confusing us players. If SIMS 3 could have their own that would be great. We're still quite an active community.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @SimGuruDrake There are still many, many Sims 3 players who love to build, design, and share. It makes sense that they should have their own designated Creative Corner. Much more organized and accessible to separate the two--for both Sims 3 and Sims 4 players.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    I agree. We need a Creative Corner in the Sims 3 section of the forums! Please and thank you!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'm going to bump this because I still feel it's important that TS3 have it's own Creative Corner like the other two.

@SimGuruDrake could you please create this subforum in the TS3 section? I know I am not the only one who would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I sent her a PM about it back in Oct in case she had missed this thread. Seems like such a little thing that she could do to make the forums better. She even had a thread about making forums better. Guess that was just for Sim4? :confused: Maybe it will be her Christmas gift to us. :wink:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2016
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I sent her a PM about it back in Oct in case she had missed this thread. Seems like such a little thing that she could do to make the forums better. She even had a thread about making forums better. Guess that was just for Sim4? :confused: Maybe it will be her Christmas gift to us. :wink:

Sims 4 is shiny and new and everybody is supposed to play as main game right now and to forgot ts2 and ts3 and ts0 ;'(. That's why the sims 4 has and the old game just a single board. Everybody moved here from the sims 2 official forum and the sims 3 one.
    I hope she can help us, and offered us a creative board .We love this forum and every simmers is welcomed and legit here. No past sims community is dead.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Yes, I want this too! Why can't Sims 3 have it's own creative thread in the Sims 3 section? A lot of Sims 3 simmers don't even know it's up here in never never land.

@Jessa_Dakkar Maybe if you link to this discussion in the Sims 3 General discussion more people will support it. I only saw it because I came to this section to complain about not being able to navigate the forum effectively anymore.

• UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @luthienrising , that's the point: that Creative Corner section is not clearly marked as being for Sims 3, so it's being used both by Sims 3 and Sims 4 players. In addition to that, Sims 4 players also have a whole Creative Corner all for themselves. So Sims 4 players are using one and a half Creative Corner, and Sims 3 players are just using a half.

Also, new Sims 3 players coming to the forum often think a Creative Corner for Sims 3 simply doesn't exist, because it's not marked as such, and because it's separated from the rest of the Sims 3 subforums.

I am proof of this, since I just came back to the forums recently after a long break. I never bought or got into the Sims 4, and looking through the categories, I thought the creative corner was for Sims 4 as well. It's easy to make that mistake since it's not marked sims 3. I agree, the simple wording change is needed.

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I do see how things like builds and custom content are far easier to find when separated by game version.

As a reader and writer of Sim stories, however (only one small part of the full creative corner, I realize), I have found that the SimLit community at large has never been particular keen on "separation via game format" and it has always been more of a hassle than not that we have TWO Stories and Legacies sections rather than one (the Stories and Legacies "generic" section for everyone and then the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section) as most of the threads/resources in them are often "for all writers of SimLit" and "open to all stories regardless of the game the story is written with" (yes, even a vast majority of the good resource threads for SimLit writers located in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section... which just means the Sims 2/Sims 3 authors are going to miss out on them!) When I was new to these boards, I was missing a ton of cool stuff in my first few months, sticking only to Stories and Legacies, because I didn't know there were a lot of cool things in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies forum that were actually for all SimLit authors, even Sims 3 authors like myself! The SimLit community tends to be pretty cohesive and supportive no matter what game you are using to create your work, and while there are definitely some readers that have a strict game-preference in their reading, the majority of the ones I've run into are far more open about that and don't seem to care too much what game is used if the story engages them. There just seems to be a bit more of a "blend" than there tends to be in other areas of the forum.

I have a thread which indexes SimLit from any and all Sim games (Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, there are even some Sims Freeplay and Sims Medieval on there!), the Stories and Legacies Index which I've run for over a year now, and completely eliminating a "shared" Creative Corner would make a thread like mine have no place at all to go. It would be far too much work and effort for me to break it up and have to maintain separate indexes in every separate section for specific games when I can maintain one cohesive index that clearly states what game is used for each story so people can still search it for game-specific content anyway. If "total separation" is the way things are going to go, after a year of dedicatedly running this thread, I'd probably have to shut it down, which would be a shame (this thread just doesn't belong in "Sims 2", "Sims 3" or "Sims 4"... which is why right now it's in the Creative Corner I consider "for everyone"). So if "separation" over "cohesiveness" is really what the community at large wants, I hope there is at least one community shared section for all Sims games... at the very least for Stories and Legacies, if nothing else (like I said, I TOTALLY get the argument for Builds/CC!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top