Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Question: What do you consider a "good deal" in the MMAO? Like if it's content you are only "meh" on (but you do hope to own the store someday). What % off is your cut off point for purchasing or ignoring?
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Opicana, we must be soul mates. I now own all the farm stuff, from the chicken coop up to Grandpa's Grove, including the Old Mill, primarily for the canning station. And I also have everything nautical.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited October 2016
    @Karnzter, thank you for the Not that Chilly V-Neck with Scarf. A step toward the June 2011 compilation
    aka Jude

My Studio

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Opicana wrote: »
    Astreia wrote: »
    For me Nautical Living will have to wait, I'm still 94 sp short. But I'm hoping to get the Eloquently Ecletic Collection when it comes up.

Did you get my gift! I sent you a piece from Nautical Living! Hope you can grab it if you come back in time!

Got it! Thank you very much!

@JoeJude16 , the farm stuff were the first things I tried to get from the store. I'm just missing the market. The first skills my sims always max are Cooking, gardening and fishing. They usually have really long lives! I always want them to max all skills! I always end up not being able to play anymore due to the computer not being able to process all the information!
    edited October 2016
    @Astreia, my computer is my nemesis as well. I am playing on a Mac, which has graphics compatibility issues. As a result I save my game every game day. Also, if I really want to concentrate on gameplay, I have to keep my lot size and household size down, which is very restricting. BUT, as a result, in my current game I FINALLY, after playing the game since it was released, have a Sim with every skill maxed out. Well, every skill from the EPs currently installed. I've saved him to my bin for further expansion at a later date.

I am building a new PC that should be powerful enough to run every EP, SP and all my store content without issues. It should be done this week! (I know, everyone else already knows this. Sorry, I'm excited.) I'll also be able to start doing some real Lot building, including an alternate to Grandpa's Grove that has a more reasonable tractor route and a greenhouse with a SwiftGro station.

I am so excited to have other players to chat with. I really am.

Edit: I also tend to play with my young adult and adult life spans at epic so that I can get everything in. I just changed the settings on my current game to shorter lives so that I can actually do a multi-generation family for the first time.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Hey @scillakees :smile: did you see what @joejude16 said about not wanting to own the whole store?! Didn't we all say that?! Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid...
    You are so right @simgeek79 ! When I started I only wanted to get the pretty or fun stuff and never mind about the rest. Well, let's say things change, haha.

You are welcome for the gift @mikawag and thank you for your gift too! Like the name you gave your lizard too.
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    I won't be surprised if I catch the Own the Store bug. I did cross stitch for years, and HAD to have EVERY color of embroidery floss. Would wait for a sale and grab a handful of colors. It was nice to be able to just pick up a new pattern, bring it home and start working.
    Do you still cros stitch @JoeJude16 ? I never ever heard of anybody still doing that except me, my mother and my grandma. I was starting to believe no-one did that anymore :'( .
    And do you use mods? There is a mod that autosaves your game every 30 minutes, so that may be useful too when having computer trouble? It is a NRAAS-mod and I have been using it for some time now because I always forget to save while playing!

Thanks @Opicana, @Tamaek and @Scotsim for the gifts, I did get Drifters desire today! I was working on updating my wishlist earlier to follow Tamaek's example, but you have been so fast @Scotsim ! Gifting me again even before I could update my top 5 here :p . I need to do some checking now, but your gifts really help for the Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo and Boho Vintage Women's Collection when on DD later.

Edit: I also tend to play with my young adult and adult life spans at epic so that I can get everything in. I just changed the settings on my current game to shorter lives so that I can actually do a multi-generation family for the first time.

I'll try that soon. But first I'll make a plan with what traits, profession and skills each sim will have in the 1st generation and in the others. So that I can have all the skills in the family! I can't help it, it's stronger than me! :)
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2016
    Astreia wrote: »

I'll try that soon. But first I'll make a plan with what traits, profession and skills each sim will have in the 1st generation and in the others. So that I can have all the skills in the family! I can't help it, it's stronger than me! :)

Good luck with that! :-) Because I tend to always do the same in Sims and can't force myself to try something new/unusal I just decided to kinda do a "challenge" which is complete every single lifetime wish in Sims 3. I just got a list with all the wishes of all ep's and their goals so I can just pick one for my families offspring, generation after generation. Besides that I will try to get some achievements and badges from the Sims 3 website.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Hello! Since I don't have enough points to be a full member yet, I won't be able to post any links or edit this post, sorry! My username on the Sims 3 Store is horseygirl66

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Also, I wanted to ask, how do people generally thank those that gift them? Just send a message on here or...?
    Hello! Since I don't have enough points to be a full member yet, I won't be able to post any links or edit this post, sorry! My username on the Sims 3 Store is horseygirl66

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Also, I wanted to ask, how do people generally thank those that gift them? Just send a message on here or...?

Yes, just leave a comment on here tagging the person like this: @horseygirl24 that way they'll see that you mentioned them in a post.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    Jahnna wrote: »

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Yes, just leave a comment on here tagging the person like this: @horseygirl24 that way they'll see that you mentioned them in a post.

Ah, ok! Thank you! :smile:
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited October 2016
    @sarah1114 and @Tamaek your both welcome enjoy!

@mikawag glad I could be of help with the name it is a cute name and it rhymes with my bunny's name Daisy! :)
    edited October 2016
    Hoplass wrote: »
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Hey @scillakees :smile: did you see what @joejude16 said about not wanting to own the whole store?! Didn't we all say that?! Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid...
    You are so right @simgeek79 ! When I started I only wanted to get the pretty or fun stuff and never mind about the rest. Well, let's say things change, haha.

You are welcome for the gift @mikawag and thank you for your gift too! Like the name you gave your lizard too.
    I won't be surprised if I catch the Own the Store bug. I did cross stitch for years, and HAD to have EVERY color of embroidery floss. Would wait for a sale and grab a handful of colors. It was nice to be able to just pick up a new pattern, bring it home and start working.
    Do you still cros stitch @JoeJude16 ? I never ever heard of anybody still doing that except me, my mother and my grandma. I was starting to believe no-one did that anymore :'( .
    And do you use mods? There is a mod that autosaves your game every 30 minutes, so that may be useful too when having computer trouble? It is a NRAAS-mod and I have been using it for some time now because I always forget to save while playing!

Thanks @Opicana, @Tamaek and @Scotsim for the gifts, I did get Drifters desire today! I was working on updating my wishlist earlier to follow Tamaek's example, but you have been so fast @Scotsim ! Gifting me again even before I could update my top 5 here :p . I need to do some checking now, but your gifts really help for the Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo and Boho Vintage Women's Collection when on DD later.

That you mention mods, does ANYBODY here know if there is a mod that disabled the sparkling sound when you gifts got from other players that need accepting? I never do that anymore ingame as it always completely freezes it and I have to shut it down over the task manager. But I also dont want to have that sound for forever, it's pure torture.

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Hi! Please do not send me gifts... I did not realize it sends you emails when that happens! I do not want more emails
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Well I had my first painful Sims loss.. I'm not good at saving frequently, and my Sims crashed after about 3 hours of working on a family I had created. :cry:
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Hi! Please do not send me gifts... I did not realize it sends you emails when that happens! I do not want more emails

You can turn that off but you won't see the messages prople leave and also some peoples names on herr are different than they're on the sims 3 website. But yeah, on the sims 3 website in the notification settings you can turn the email alert off.
    Well I had my first painful Sims loss.. I'm not good at saving frequently, and my Sims crashed after about 3 hours of working on a family I had created. :cry:

Ohh, I feel you, love! That always happens to me when creating new buildings. Sims 3 is such a strain on my pc that its very slow and often just "dies" lol I just recently had to play the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 process like 6 times because even time my game froze before I could save it... and then always starting the game again and letting everything load.. ahhhh such a pain!
    But trust me, the more it happens to you the better you'll become and saving your game frequently! Hehe
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    The cascades and DD have definitely put me in the "Must own all the store" category. I'm so glad for these forums
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @Opicana, we must be soul mates. I now own all the farm stuff, from the chicken coop up to Grandpa's Grove, including the Old Mill, primarily for the canning station. And I also have everything nautical.

Haha me too! Although Grandpa's Grove was a gift. (A very, very appreciated gift!)

Speaking of gifts thank you @JoeJude16, @MariTomKaulitZ and @Scotsim for the gifts. <3<3<3

I've updated my Top Five and now need to reorganize my wishlist for beyond mid October because you guys are demolishing the things I need to get the handful of sets I still need. lol Thank you all. o:)
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    Well I just spent several hours doing it but I've updated my wishlist completely to get me through the entire DD and to cover the sets that aren't in the DD that I don't have all of yet. Yay and whew! It also let me see just how close I am to actually owning the store. I'll still need to grab the individual items I don't have and the exclusive MMAO stuff but right now I'm really trying to finish off the DD first. Thanks so much to all of you who have helped me get this far. <3 Now I just need the ads to be as supportive... :/
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Hello all! :)

I was on this wishlist like one year ago and left the forum for a bit, because my health was getting in the way. I am back simming and would love to join the wishlist again. I don't know if Reach is still active, but if you are, reach, I'd love to be a part of this again and if people gift to me something and they don't own the store, I will give back to them. :)

Here's my wishlist:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=picklesthecat114

I farm simpoints, so I cannot promise to gift you anything amazing, but if you gift me one of the items of clothing on my wishlist (or hair) I'd be happy to gift you something like that, too. Also, if you got me a premium item (I am not asking you, too, I don't even think I have one on there) I will gather some simpoints to give you either four CAS items, or a premium item back if it allows with farmed simpoints. :)

Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
    Hello all! :)

I was on this wishlist like one year ago and left the forum for a bit, because my health was getting in the way. I am back simming and would love to join the wishlist again. I don't know if Reach is still active, but if you are, reach, I'd love to be a part of this again and if people gift to me something and they don't own the store, I will give back to them. :)

Here's my wishlist:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=picklesthecat114

I farm simpoints, so I cannot promise to gift you anything amazing, but if you gift me one of the items of clothing on my wishlist (or hair) I'd be happy to gift you something like that, too. Also, if you got me a premium item (I am not asking you, too, I don't even think I have one on there) I will gather some simpoints to give you either four CAS items, or a premium item back if it allows with farmed simpoints. :)

You don't give your wishlist but also a list of your Top 5 items that you want from that list the most :smiley:

No problem! Don't forget to put your wishlist link into the same post. Just edit the last one otherwise people might have trouble finding you/your wishlist in the future :smiley:
    Jahnna wrote: »

Ohh, I feel you, love! That always happens to me when creating new buildings. Sims 3 is such a strain on my pc that its very slow and often just "dies" lol I just recently had to play the same plum process like 6 times because even time my game froze before I could save it... and then always starting the game again and letting everything load.. ahhhh such a pain!
    But trust me, the more it happens to you the better you'll become and saving your game frequently! Hehe

My problem is that my family usualy becomes "unplayable"! I want them to know all the skills and travel and go to University, ... So at some time my computer can't play that family! It´s very annoying!

Welcome back @picklesthecat114 !

Welcome @horseygirl24 !

I've updated my top5.