Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    MistyDove wrote: »
    That's the name of a beautiful color, no clue why it's censored though, maybe try Fuchsiaa, course that looks bad though. Was the last name chosen for a specific reason, like red color? There are possibly other words you could substitue

No there is no reason for the name. At least no deeper meaning. My family name is Fuchs so it is just one of the first things which came to my mind. :)
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I LOVE the painting class idea!! How Posh and cultural of you!! Also, totally digging the tattoo on the model lady what a gorgeous thing and SHai did excellent at rendering it. I have to say that the portrait of Shai that man did was also pretty darn amazing - I feel bad for her lonely heart - but how cute was Gabriel??!! <3
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    That's the name of a beautiful color, no clue why it's censored though, maybe try Fuchsiaa, course that looks bad though. Was the last name chosen for a specific reason, like red color? There are possibly other words you could substitue

No there is no reason for the name. At least no deeper meaning. My family name is Fuchs so it is just one of the first things which came to my mind. :)

I think I got where's a problem - the beginning of word "Fuch"... But how much this censorship system can be silly if it doesn't see the difference between "fuch" and "f*ck" ? :/
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member

I think I got where's a problem - the beginning of word "Fuch"... But how much this censorship system can be silly if it doesn't see the difference between "fuch" and "f*ck" ? :/

It's not that because Fuch on it's own doesn't get censored I think.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen

It's not that because Fuch on it's own doesn't get censored I think.

Then I'm lost here :/
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    edited September 2016
    Fuchsi is fine but not Fuchsia? That's weird then so the whole word is censored. I guess that color is a bad thing in some language
    edited September 2016
    Sia I'm curious...

ia

It must be the word then, hmm...
    EkpFDaf.png
    Chapter 16 - The painting

This night I couldn’t find sleep. As so often George wasn’t with me in the bed. I really missed his touches. I missed the man I had said yes to. I had wanted to take Gabriel with me in the bed but he had slept already so deep. Still unbelievable that he had his 2nd birthday this weekend.
    Without my little son I couldn’t fall asleep and decided to paint until I was tired enough. I just started to paint without thinking about something special. My brush flew over the canvas leaving black and white lines. Soon enough I could see what my fingers where doing. I painted a young woman. I didn’t know her. Nevertheless she seemed familiar to me. With just white as color she looked as if she was a ghost. I had no idea why this motive came in my mind but it looked beautiful.
    “Hey, why are you still up?”
    I was surprised to hear Georges voice behind me. For normal he didn’t come into my art studio.
    “I couldn’t sleep so I decided to paint a bit. Are you going to sleep now? Cause then I guess I come with you.”
    “Yes I … Wait. What are you painting?”
    Suddenly he seemed tense and I really didn’t know why.
    “I was just painting something. This was the result.”
    On the way he looked at me I knew that he wasn’t believing me.

4WZGDb5.png

“Why did you paint this girl? Don’t say it was just a coincidence.”
    I sighed. How should I make it clear for him that I said the truth? Why did it matter suddenly for him what I painted?
    “But I say the truth. Despite that you never care about my art! YOU say that I should stop it. Why do you even give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it now?”

Q5LYR1t.png

“You are not going to speak with me like that! I am your husband! I AM working hard to give you and Gabriel everything you need. I even finance your hobby. You should be glad. Now say me, have you seen her? When have you seen her? Speak NOW!”
    I stepped a few steps back. We had lots of fights but I hadn’t ever seen George this angry. Why was he like this? Did he know the girl I painted? I had no idea. I was struggling with my words for a moment.

38NN738.png

“Okay, George. You had a long day. I know that the process you have to be a witness is making you nervous. It is okay that you are stressed now. Just stop letting it out on me. I am heading to bed now. Calm down and you can come with me.”
    For a moment it seemed as if it worked. His expression softened. The anger in his eyes disappeared. He looked now much more like the gentle loving man I knew before we married. I wanted to go to the door.

GqUuN8V.png

In that moment George grabbed my hand and pressed me against the wall. A painful shriek escaped me.
    “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Let me go!”
    “I know that you are lying! Are you cheating on me?”
    “What?!?”
    “It is not that it would be the fist time you cheated on someone.”
    Shocked of his accusations I wanted to defend myself.
    “That was not the s… I am not cheating on you! Now let me go! What is just up with you? You changed so much. No. I am not cheating on you but I can’t say the same of you. You are working the whole day and then you don’t even think that it would be nice to spend a bit time with me? Maybe this marriage was a big fault.”

gCPVptA.png*

In that moment George put his hands away. He seemed shocked of his own behaviour.
    “Shai … I didn’t … I …”
    But I was not willing to listen to him. I headed to the door and slammed it behind me.

rJaAjX8.png

I locked myself in the bedroom. He had never been like this before. What was just going on with him? He wasn’t telling me much about his work but with the promotion he got he seemed to be more and more tense. The process against one of his colleagues where his statement could decide about the career of his friend made it just worse. I hoped that this was all. That it would be over in a few months. This had to be a phase. Maybe we should try a marriage counselling. I wasn’t cheating on him, but we had enough other problems to fix.
    Then I heard a soft knock at the door. It seemed to be unsure. For a moment I played with the thought of letting George wait until tomorrow.

cLpSNXE.png

However, I decided different. I opened the door and let him in. I was just so sick of sleeping alone in that bed. He came very close. George seemed very nervous. Again and again he apologized at me for his outburst. It was just the whole situation he was in now. He promised me that he would try his best to be a better husband. Even though I didn’t really believed in his words I wanted to.
    “It is okay again, George.”
    I thought that he would make himself now ready for the bed but he came close to me and kissed my cheek leaving a warm feeling there.
    “I don’t deserve you. Say me what I can do for you.”
    He whispered in my ear giving me shivers on my body.

la9UlNS.png

Before I could answer George let his hand slide down. I sighed cause of his touch. I needed a bit fun now. I wanted my husband. When his hand reach the end of my nightgown he made his way under it. Then he excused himself for a moment and when he came back he wore his sleeping wear. For a moment I thought that this was it. We would go to sleep now which was alright cause I was still angry at him. When he sat down on the bed he gave me a sign to do the same. He went on his knees then and kissed me from this position. With one hand he patted mine. The other hand found its way to my butt. My knees got weak and I knew that I would soon fell into the sheets.

ThTYnY8.png

How much had I missed this side of George. He laid me down and stroke over my legs. Whispering he told me that he loved me and how beautiful I was.

qfmuFlQ.png

*thanks @Jellysimwich for the fitting pose
    He hit you and then you let him have s3x with you? That's ridiculous! You should have kept him locked out!

But I love the update @Marialein ! :) Your writing is amazing, as always.
    EkpFDaf.png
    edited September 2016
    He hit you and then you let him have sex with you? That's ridiculous! You should have kept him locked out!

But I love the update @Marialein ! :) Your writing is amazing, as always.

No he didn't hit Shai. He grabbed her and hold her. Not more. Okay yes he hurt her a bit through it but he definetly didn't hit Shai.

By the way did you know that you can write here sex normal but not Fuchsi-a?
    Post edited by Marialein on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    He didn't get the information he wanted by force so he is trying another approach. Poor Shai. I have a feeling he will kill her anyway one day. He loses his temper over something and he'll do it. :/ She should run away from him as far as she could when it's still time.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    It's really too bad :( Shai's life turns to nightmare step by step, but she even doesn't understand what's going... :o
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    I wonder if Angel knows that Shai's marriage is falling apart. I feel so bad for Shai and am irritated at George so much. He is so obsessed with Angel and really never should've married Shai in the first place. It just feels like he's willing to do anything to see Angel and will even use and manipulate other people to reach that goal.
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    George needs therapy :| Poor Shai...
  • SalisaSalisa Posts: 108 Member
    I just read the first few chapters and wanted to say this is such a beautiful story. I am so happy she came back, even though she is now a ghost. Will continue to read this to catch up for sure. :]
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh Shai! This is so sad! I agree with @Maladi777. I think George will kill her somehow...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    OH POOR Shai .. he is a monster. BUT how did she paint that pic ... kind of crazy!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • EowynEowyn Posts: 151 Member
    Hello,

I booked marked this after reading the intro of it. Your writing is breath taking! I thought the story would be told from his perspective and that it would end all lovey dovey - and was surprised (but pleasantly so) when I got to the ending of it. Tragic, but intriguing.

xxx Eowyn
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    He didn't get the information he wanted by force so he is trying another approach. Poor Shai. I have a feeling he will kill her anyway one day. He loses his temper over something and he'll do it. :/ She should run away from him as far as she could when it's still time.

There will be some happenings after the time jump. I can't say more without spoiling :D
    I feel for Shai, she's still so naive!

She is so young and wants a happy family. With her little son the situation isn't easier.
    It's really too bad :( Shai's life turns to nightmare step by step, but she even doesn't understand what's going... :o

For Shai there are reasons why this is happening. She doesn't want to believe the truth in George.
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    George needs therapy :| Poor Shai...

He really need one :( his job doesn't make it aby better.
    Salisa wrote: »
    I just read the first few chapters and wanted to say this is such a beautiful story. I am so happy she came back, even though she is now a ghost. Will continue to read this to catch up for sure. :]

Yay <3 welcome to this story :)
    Oh Shai! This is so sad! I agree with @Maladi777. I think George will kill her somehow...

At least George isn't obsessed with Shai so we can just hope the best :/
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    OH POOR Shai .. he is a monster. BUT how did she paint that pic ... kind of crazy!

Do you remember the first chapters where Angel was still Shais muse? ;)
    Eowyn wrote: »
    Hello,

I booked marked this after reading the intro of it. Your writing is breath taking! I thought the story would be told from his perspective and that it would end all lovey dovey - and was surprised (but pleasantly so) when I got to the ending of it. Tragic, but intriguing.

xxx Eowyn

Hi! Nice to have you here <3 and thanks a lot. I am so happy you are enjoying this. If you haven't read the amazing Dust to Dust from @CitizenErased14 you should check it out :)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @Marialein .. OH YES I DO REMEMBER (now)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Chapter 17 - Uncle Robert

Gabriel

Papa had forgotten to pick me up after my soccer training. Again. I was used to it now but I wished it would be different. The good thing was that I could go now to uncle Roberts ancient shop. Mama had said to me that when Papa wasn’t showing up after 15 minutes of waiting I should go there. It was close to the sports ground and it was like entering a different world. Mama was busy with making her first own exhibition of her artworks and Papa had a day off so that he should have picked me up. I really wanted my Papa to pick me up but … I had much more fun with uncle Robert. He had always time for me.

pdPCi3r.png

I entered the shop and was as usual greeted by Roberts smile.
    “Hey, champ. Are you again here to travel back in time?”
    I giggled a bit. He asked me this every time and I always said no. He knew why I was here.
    “I call your Mama that you are here. How was school today?”

ZKlJyVb.png

“Great. My maths teacher got sick and I we had no test today. I guess this saved me. Oh and while the soccer training Samuel Anders fell with his nose in the mud. It was hilarious.”
    “I hope you laughed with him and not over him.”
    “Sure uncle Robert. Samuel couldn’t even stop laughing himself. He was rolling in the grass. When Nathan Rose mocked at him then, Samuel threw him mud in his face. You should have seen his look. It was priceless.“

dTEZCyX.png

“Isn’t Nathan the boy who makes fun of everyone?”
    “Yup.”
    “Sounds like you had a good day. What are your plans until your mother picks you up? I got a few new old books about ghosts. I really don’t know why you are so interested in this, Gabriel. I think Ghosts are kind of scary.”
    “Where do you have them?”
    I couldn’t wait to read them. Normally you couldn’t bring me to read. I just read the books about ghosts cause of Angel. I wanted to help her. Angel didn’t want me to waste my time with this but I couldn't do nothing. She had helped me already so often. She held me in her arms when my parents were fighting, she played games with me when I couldn’t find sleep, she calmed me when Nathan made fun of me and she was the best friend I could wish for. I needed to help her somehow. I wished that she would be my sister. I had wanted to convince my parents to get a sibling but they both weren’t so happy about this. At least I had still Angel to play with when my friends didn’t have time.
    “Wait, champ. Have you finished your homework already?”
    i sighed and rolled with my eyes.
    “No …”
    “The books are on the desk. Finish your homework and you can read them. I will get you a hot chocolate meanwhile.”
    “With marshmallows?
    “Three as always.”
    Robert winked at me and went out of the shop and up to his living rooms.

uSjnrdS.png

I sat down at the desk and started with my homework. Good thing that today it wasn’t much. It was also not too difficult thanks to my sick maths teacher. I often asked Angel for help with my homework but on days where I was by uncle Robert he helped me too.

SVCl8Ec.png

Soon Robert came back to me and placed the hot chocolate in front of me.
    “How is it going?”
    “Good. I am finished pretty soon.”
    Robert stayed and helped me wherever I needed him. With his help I was finished sooner than I thought.

NPKTgLn.png

Robert took care then of some customers and I could finally concentrate on the old books Robert gave me. I looked at the first book. Poltergeist? No. That was not Angel. She had never destroyed anything. Stayed behind cause of a bad thing she had done while she had been still alive? No. Angel couldn’t harm anyone. I sighed and sipped at my cup. No matter what information about ghosts I found out, it didn’t seem to fit Angel. In addition to this there were always such complicated words I didn’t understand.
    After half an hour I finished for today.

rR16FMe.png

I went over to Robert. I had seen the new photograph already earlier.
    “Robert? The picture there is new isn’t it?”
    I pointed in the direction of the counter where a wedding photo was on the wall.
    “Ahh. No I have it already for a while but I had finally place again to show it in my shop. Do you want to know a bit about the history of it?”
    I nodded. We walked over to it.
    “It shows the lord and the lady Caslon. It is not much known about the lord but there are myths about the lady. Her former name was Marlise Fuchisan. She came out of a rich family but some say that she fell in love with a servant.”
    “And why is she marrying then this lord?”
    “It is kind of a sad story. It is not sure what had happened though. Some say that she loved the money more than the servant. Others say that he just disappeared one day without any hint. The story which is known the most is at the same time the one at last believable.”
    “How did that story go then?”
    A customer entered in this moment the shop and I knew that Robert wouldn’t have time to tell me now the whole story.
    “I tell you the short version. Marlise got sick and was on the edge of dying. Her love gave his life to save her. I have a picture of the man who might be this servant too. Maybe you wanna take a look at it. Just around the corner.”
    Robert pointed to the bookshelf on the right side. Then he went over to sell an old lady an even older chair.

ax7LMUJ.png

As Robert had said in the corner was a picture of this Marlise and a different man. She smiled there. The words of Robert didn’t leave my mind. He could have brought her back. Could I do this for Angel? Probably without the sacrificing myself for it.

NNryRXr.png

I walked around the shop. I read the titles of the books but nothing seemed to have the topic I was searching for. I stopped at the painting Mama had made from Angel. She had given it to Robert as a present. It was there on this wall as long as I could remember. Every time I looked at it I was wondering why Mama had painted it but was not able to see or hear Angel. Angel had once said that my Papa could see her and that she was afraid of him. I didn’t know why and she didn’t either. It was kind of crazy. I had once even told my parents about Angel but Mama had just smiled at me and said that it was normal for kids to have imaginative friends. As long as she was not my only friend Mama was happy. Papa was there different. He had asked me thousand questions I couldn’t really answer. I even hadn’t wanted to when I saw Angels unhappy face. After that Papa had spent for a while a lot of time with me but it stopped as suddenly as it had started. Now I saw him sometimes at dinner. Maybe once a month he showed interest in me. The rest of the time I didn’t see him. I just heard him yelling at Mama and for that I hated him. Was I a bad son that I thought that? He was my Papa after all and I loved him.

NBrVYrg.png

I heard that the door was opening and turned around.
    “Mama!”
    She rushed to me and hugged me tight.
    “Hey champ.”

hsl9PKF.png

“Ugh. You smell like old socks, Gabriel. I guess it is time to bring you home and in the bathtub.”
    “Hey! I had a exhausting training today. Do I really need a bath?”
    “Oh yes or do you want to ruin Roberts business? Nobody wants furniture that smells like that. Maybe you can use Roberts shower the next time.”
    “Okay …”

hkPdmhj.png

“So, Gabriel. Is your homework done?”
    I nodded.
    “Are you ready? Can we go home now?”
    “Yes I just need to pick my backpack then we can go.”
    “Would you mind if I speak with uncle Robert before we go? I promise just a few minutes.”

tf6NFmJ.png

I smiled at Mama and said her my okay. She went then with him out of the shop. For a while I waited but then my curiosity took over.

AbX9Xjo.png

I went to the door and pressed my ears against the wood.

aR4paAN.png
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Gabriel is such a cutie! I'm glad he's turning out so well despite his dad being what he is. And Uncle Robert's shop looked really good. I especially liked how this chapter connects to Marlise and her servant and gives hints about the backstory.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Gabriel is such a cutie! I'm glad he's turning out so well despite his dad being what he is. And Uncle Robert's shop looked really good. I especially liked how this chapter connects to Marlise and her servant and gives hints about the backstory.

I know. He will be so handsome when he is a teenage. I needed to look in CAS at him <3 He is like this cause he has still him mama, Robert and Angel. He doesn't know how his father really is. He just knows that he isn't often there for Gabriel.

An ancient store is a place full of history and I wanted to show it with this. Glad you enjoyed it :)