Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm not the biggest fan

I'm not the biggest fan of TS4 but I give everything a fair chance myself or at least watch a few videos. The negativity straight out of the gate, an entire month before release is blowing my mind. Watch a few reviews first.

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    A trailer is made for a reason....for people to judge. People have opinions, get used to it :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest fan of TS4 but I give everything a fair chance myself or at least watch a few videos. The negativity straight out of the gate, an entire month before release is blowing my mind. Watch a few reviews first.

I agree. I initially felt pretty negative about this pack because you can't build apartments in it... however I've started warming up to this pack and chances are I will probably love it because it's the sims and new content and I can't help myself lol.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    A trailer is made for a reason....for people to judge. People have opinions, get used to it :)

I'm not plum, I know what a trailer is for. Does any trailer tell you every thing you want to know? And honestly I don't care at all if anyone likes this game. I am just taken aback by the overwhelming negative response I saw after a teaser. What was the first one, 8 seconds?
    Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on

I'm not plum, I know what a trailer is for. Does any trailer tell you every thing you want to know? And honestly I don't care at all if anyone likes this game. I am just taken aback by the overwhelming negative response I saw after a teaser. What was the first one, 28 seconds?

I think the trailers looks good so far.

Maybe it's just the fact that we don't have the ability to create apartments how we want and where we want. I know for me that was my initial negative reaction. And I think that it's just one thing on top of a lot of things simmers are upset about with this series.

It doesn't help that there was drama with SimGuruDrake recently or that LGR posted a video about a month ago about how he doesn't care about the sims 4 anymore...

So I think a lot of the negative reactions are accumulation of many things, and then looking at this EP and thinking it's not good enough or isn't what they have been saying they want.

Idk if I'm on the right track though, but that's what I'm thinking. But like I said earlier my feelings have changed so maybe when more info on the pack comes out people will warm up to it like I have also.
    pamy1124 wrote: »

I'm not plum, I know what a trailer is for. Does any trailer tell you every thing you want to know? And honestly I don't care at all if anyone likes this game. I am just taken aback by the overwhelming negative response I saw after a teaser. What was the first one, 28 seconds?

Maybe it's just the fact that we don't have the ability to create apartments how we want and where we want. I know for me that was my initial negative reaction. And I think that it's just one thing on top of a lot of things simmers are upset about with this series.

It doesn't help that there was drama with SimGuruDrake recently or that LGR posted a video about a month ago about how he doesn't care about the sims 4 anymore...

So I think a lot of the negative reactions are accumulation of many things, and then looking at this EP and thinking it's not good enough or isn't what they have been saying they want.

Idk if I'm on the right track though, but that's what I'm thinking. But like I said earlier my feelings have changed so maybe when more info on the pack comes out people will warm up to it like I have also.

I find this series leaves a lot to be desired but people are ridiculous. Think back to the initial teaser, the girl in pink with the woman with the braid bun walking by. Less than 30 seconds and there were so many negative reactions. If you go to my profile you can see I've been highly critical of this game, I still am but geez
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I WAS one of the biggest fans of TS4. I gave it 2 full yrs of chances and dedication.

Every new addition ruins what it was to me in the beginning and takes how I play away. It takes a "promise" away of returning to roots and free reign and tools to play how we want. Every time. Every patch.

I am negative because I spent a lot of time building up my sim worlds. You have no idea. Every house, every sim, every sim relationship and who will be meant for who and how it will all work out...

I have sims dedicated to a park lot that do nothing but add any new addition to harvestables and grow it to perfection. I have sims that perfect and learn every recipe. I build venues with MY sims in mind and what THEY need.

For what? The game always ignores what I'm doing in favor of maxis sims or npcs.

I am angry because I spent 2 yrs in one save and one in another, only to see each one ruined and torn apart with each new expansion and their various forms of culling that affect MY sims, but somehow not theirs.

I'm not paying good, hard-earned money that I work my plum off for at minimum wage to play the way THEY want.

I'm with fullspiral on this one.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I WAS one of the biggest fans of TS4. I gave it 2 full yrs of chances and dedication.

Every new addition ruins what it was to me in the beginning and takes how I play away. It takes a "promise" away of returning to roots and free reign and tools to play how we want. Every time. Every patch.

I am negative because I spent a lot of time building up my sim worlds. You have no idea. Every house, every sim, every sim relationship and who will be meant for who and how it will all work out...

I have sims dedicated to a park lot that do nothing but add any new addition to harvestables and grow it to perfection. I have sims that perfect and learn every recipe. I build venues with MY sims in mind and what THEY need.

For what? The game always ignores what I'm doing in favor of maxis sims or npcs.

I am angry because I spent 2 yrs in one save and one in another, only to see each one ruined and torn apart with each new expansion and their various forms of culling that affect MY sims, but somehow not theirs.

I'm not paying good, hard-earned money that I work my plum off for at minimum wage to play the way THEY want.

I'm with fullspiral on this one.

• blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I mean I guess I can understand the negative reaction from the lengthier trailers we've been getting recently because you can get a sense of the content and if it isn't to your tastes, you're entitled to voice your opinion (my own is that EP3 looks great!)

What I couldn't understand was the large amount of dissatisfaction after the 4 bullet point leak? Where it listed basketball, apartments, festivals and politics. *shrug* I don't know; imo the impulsive bias against the new iteration + genuine insults hurled towards staff w/ emotions doesn't give credibility to the informed concerns people start to have after being clued in if you immediately cry out against it a la Boy Who Cried Wolf.
    blugar44 wrote: »
    I mean I guess I can understand the negative reaction from the lengthier trailers we've been getting recently because you can get a sense of the content and if it isn't to your tastes, you're entitled to voice your opinion (my own is that EP3 looks great!)

What I couldn't understand was the large amount of dissatisfaction after the 4 bullet point leak? Where it listed basketball, apartments, festivals and politics. *shrug* I don't know; imo the impulsive bias against the new iteration + genuine insults hurled towards staff w/ emotions doesn't give credibility to the informed concerns people start to have after being clued in if you immediately cry out against it a la Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Finally a comment from someone who gets it! This is exactly what I mean

I find this series leaves a lot to be desired but people are ridiculous. Think back to the initial teaser, the girl in pink with the woman with the braid bun walking by. Less than 30 seconds and there were so many negative reactions. If you go to my profile you can see I've been highly critical of this game, I still am but geez

I hear what you're saying, I'm just saying that this may be a reason. I mean you did ask why people are so negative, it's the only reason I can see. The pack doesn't look any worse than any pack we've gotten so all I can think is people are fed up with not getting the stuff they've been asking for. I get what you're saying, I was just trying to answer with what I think it might be.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2016

I can see a train when it's coming down the tracks. I do not need to get hit by it to know that I most certainly would not enjoy the experience, and to conclude that many others would likely not enjoy said experience, either.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    edited September 2016

I hear what you're saying, I'm just saying that this may be a reason. I mean you did ask why people are so negative, it's the only reason I can see. The pack doesn't look any worse than any pack we've gotten so all I can think is people are fed up with not getting the stuff they've been asking for. I get what you're saying, I was just trying to answer with what I think it might be.

Thanks for that but I didn't ask a question :wink:
    *that question
    edited September 2016

Typical "I don't care about/if ____" with the following sentence showing you DO CARE. Smh. Anyways, that teaser was made to give you an idea of what to come and *surprise* *suprise*...people didn't like that idea or expected something different. I, for one, didn't like it because it showed the train as a fx which I hate it when they do that
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Typical "I don't care about/if ____" with the following sentence showing you DO CARE. Smh. Anyways, that teaser was made to give you an idea of what to come and *surprise* *suprise*...people didn't like that idea or expected something different. I, for one, didn't like it because it showed the train as a fx ehich I hate it when they do that

What are you talking about? Typical? I really do not care. There are very few people's opinions and happiness I am truly concerned with. I'm just surprised and a little disgusted
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2016

Some people do not need to see a review when one know that what happens in the city does not necessarily happen in all the cities and some are rightfully not buying the game because it is a feature that they feel is not there. It is known you can't build Penthouses or apts in other neighborhoods and you can't build them in the new neighborhood so why would one wait for a review that is all the review I need to let me know I am not interested even if there are other interesting aspects of the EP. As long as I played the Sims series I never seen an EP that exclusively does not allow you to use one part of an EP in all areas of that game and this is the first. This makes me wonder about any other upcoming EP will those be restrictive as well?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Typical "I don't care about/if ____" with the following sentence showing you DO CARE. Smh. Anyways, that teaser was made to give you an idea of what to come and *surprise* *suprise*...people didn't like that idea or expected something different. I, for one, didn't like it because it showed the train as a fx ehich I hate it when they do that

What are you talking about? Typical? I really do not care. There are very few people's opinions and happiness I am truly concerned with. I'm just surprised and a little disgusted
    If you are happy getting the game then be happy why should you care if Joe Snuff does not give a hoof about the game because at the end of the day and all the understanding it will not change any thoughts on the matter.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    You people seem a bit thick
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

I agree. I initially felt pretty negative about this pack because you can't build apartments in it... however I've started warming up to this pack and chances are I will probably love it because it's the sims and new content and I can't help myself lol.

In fairness though you couldn't really do that in late night either. I suppose you could kinda work around it...but at the end of the day, one lot one mailbox.

You said you didn't care yet continued after " I am just taken aback by the overwhelming negative response I saw after a teaser," which indicates you DO CARE. Did I really need to explain this 2 times? Also disgusted by people forming an early opinion? Are you sure you are "not the biggest fan" because you seem obsessed with the game by that statement.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

You said you didn't care yet continued after " I am just taken aback by the overwhelming negative response I saw after a teaser," which indicates you DO CARE. Did I really need to explain this 2 times? Also disgusted by people forming an early opinion? Are you sure you are "not the biggest fan" because you seem obsessed with the game by that statement.

The point of any statement I've made seems to be over your head. Do you just like to argue?

*that question

Ok, so you just wanted to complain about people complaining and didn't want to hear any reasons why they are? Gotcha.
    Uzone27 wrote: »

In fairness though you couldn't really do that in late night either. I suppose you could kinda work around it...but at the end of the day, one lot one mailbox.

I know you couldn't, and that's part of why I'm able to get over it for this pack. Like I said, I'm warming up to it and now after today's live stream I'm really excited for it.

*that question

Ok, so you just wanted to complain about people complaining and didn't want to hear any reasons why they are? Gotcha.

People are giving reasons that don't apply to the trailer teaser which is the thing I'm talking about. Right now we have plenty of info to make a decision on the pack but 9 seconds didn't give it to us
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I know you couldn't, and that's part of why I'm able to get over it for this pack. Like I said, I'm warming up to it and now after today's live stream I'm really excited for it.

I'm glad you're seeing things that interest you in this pack. They have released and shown us a lot of info and it's not even October yet. I wonder how much more there can be to show us. Every stream is better than the last. Some people will be glad to get a place for weddings. Myshuno Meadows is a special lot like the ones in Windenburg. I wonder if there are any surprises like the estate ghosts.