Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living's new radio stations statement

May I have your attention please? Just to remind you, on Friday, I really want to see if the third expansion pack's sneak peek will be streamed by sooner or later. If twitch is coming, I'll make sure if one of the Gurus click on the stereo to show us what radio stations will be in this game. Thank you! :)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm betting there will be new radio stations and in fact I'm about to ask on twitter.

Update
    Asked

Catloverplayer ‏@catloverplayer now5 seconds ago
    @SimGuruDaniel Can you say if there are any new radio stations in CL? It keeps coming up on the official forums.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm betting there will be new radio stations and in fact I'm about to ask on twitter.

Update
    Asked

@SimGuruDaniel Can you say if there are any new radio stations in CL? It keeps coming up on the official forums.
    Very well, let me guess what it happens! If The Sims Team put only one radio station in each content packs in The Sims 4, I'm about to be disappointed if they cannot put 2 or 3 or 4 or more radio stations.

12JEREMIA wrote: »

Update
    Asked

Very well, let me guess what it happens! If The Sims Team put only one radio station in each content packs in The Sims 4, I'm about to be disappointed if they cannot put 2 or 3 or 4 or more radio stations.

I sure hope R&B made it.

Update
    Asked

I sure hope R&B made it.
    I know

• blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I would be so happy if we got some more radio stations (would love Sims to have selectable fave music genres as well tbh) but it's one feature I can be satisfied without because of the custom music feature. I just put all my fave real life tracks in the Alternative genre because I never really use it and voila, all sorts of different genres of my favourite songs in the game to bide my time.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There is a couple of trailers with cultural sounding music, so that may be a radio station. They also had to record songs for the karaoke, but I think they are usually different to the radio songs.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2016
    You know, one of the Sims 2 expansions had a "world" radio station. I'm not sure which one it was, maybe Bon Voyage? But I really liked the songs on it. Maybe they'll add one like that in City Living. I hope they put in more than one new one. How about a new one for each district? :D Might be a little much, I guess, but it would be great!
    No reply from Daniel yet. I think their keeping radio stations under wraps for now.
    No reply from Daniel yet. I think their keeping radio stations under wraps for now.
    Yes we will I look forward to it!

• MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    The Karaoke machine has Disco and House iirc. I don't know if that means they'll also be radio stations but I'd especially love if House is one. I'd also assume judging by the street art video and the urban theme that maybe Hip-Hop or R&B or something will be there.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MSKyuuni wrote: »
    The Karaoke machine has Disco and House iirc. I don't know if that means they'll also be radio stations but I'd especially love if House is one. I'd also assume judging by the street art video and the urban theme that maybe Hip-Hop or R&B or something will be there.

House is already in game. It's unlocked on the DJ booth with a high DJ skill.
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    i really want r&b \ Hip hop! Maybe Reggae could be cool too and go well with the whole diversity feel of the pack :)
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    May I have your attention please? Just to remind you, on Friday, I really want to see if the third expansion pack's sneak peek will be streamed by sooner or later. If twitch is coming, I'll make sure if one of the Gurus click on the stereo to show us what radio stations will be in this game. Thank you! :)

Where is the statement regarding new radio stations?
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
    edited September 2016

Where is the statement regarding new radio stations?
    You know what Ninja? Why don't we just wait until we see the City Living's sneak peek stream! Sometimes it's hard to know what radio stations are in this game.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    MSKyuuni wrote: »
    I can sense that 'Oogie Oogie Ooh' is back. :p
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    We have tons of radio stations already. I want something new. :|
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There is a couple of trailers with cultural sounding music, so that may be a radio station. They also had to record songs for the karaoke, but I think they are usually different to the radio songs.

Possibly a World Music station, representing all the various cultures in the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2016
    Glad your interested in a radio station, but it is the least of the things I worry about. I hardly ever play the stations, as it is to noisy while playing. sometimes maybe. I am more interested in game play. I am already disappointed that we cannot use the Apt in other worlds, or redesign the apts. I only hope that we can place our own furniture as it comes furnished. I don't know but giving a bet, I'd say not. I will just have to wait and see what is in the complete pk, Also interested to see if we can build a house instead of living in an apt. or how many empty lots are available, radios sorry they are of little interest to me.
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    during the live stream today they confirmed one new cultural station with a Japanese and Moroccan music style.
    during the live stream today they confirmed one new cultural station with a Japanese and Moroccan music style.
    Weird! :(:s:'( I told one of you and everybody around the world not to do weird things! Come on pretend that we are all like teams to bring everything back to normal just like the throwback of 1990s-2000s! I hate how they put only one radio stations in each content packs of The Sims 4, that's weird and offensive to me. All these people from around the country do weird things, they need to get it together or else I'll explode my anger out which is cardiac explosion.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Weird! :(:s:'( I told one of you and everybody around the world not to do weird things! Come on pretend that we are all like teams to bring everything back to normal just like the throwback of 1990s-2000s! I hate how they put only one radio stations in each content packs of The Sims 4, that's weird and offensive to me. All these people from around the country do weird things, they need to get it together or else I'll explode my anger out which is cardiac explosion.

Normal for whom? Everyone's got a different normal. I know you wanted a rap/hip-hop station, but there are other kinds of things that are popular too, maybe not where you live, but it's a big world. Other people's music isn't "weird", just different.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Normal for whom? Everyone's got a different normal. I know you wanted a rap/hip-hop station, but there are other kinds of things that are popular too, maybe not where you live, but it's a big world. Other people's music isn't "weird", just different.
    Well you know, look how angry and sad that I usually get when I usually wanted this whole world to turn even more good like the throwback of 1990s-2000s. Look at this picture how I feel! This picture shows that I'm very upset that I cannot stand the modern Sims series anymore!
    k5mdNMT.png
    I didn't even know y'all people anymore! *crying*

• SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    Lol. I always see you in the forums speaking about new radio stations. You should be happy we got one. There are tons of people who are going to love this radio station, and remember, the game isn't always about you. We have lots in the game so far, and I'm sure the radio station you want will be released sometime...
    Lol. I always see you in the forums speaking about new radio stations. You should be happy we got one. There are tons of people who are going to love this radio station, and remember, the game isn't always about you. We have lots in the game so far, and I'm sure the radio station you want will be released sometime...
    Well you know, all these darn features you know, well I'll see you in next month until later week! :'(
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

Uh.. I'm afraid I don't follow.