March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the pregnancy scanner console command. I have my settings so that alien adbuctions will result in pregnancy for both male and female sims 100% of the time. My female sim was just abducted, and I tried using the preg_scan console command like it says on the MC Command Center download page (I typed in "preg_scan skylar hartfield") and nothing happened. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I just tried, it isn't working here, either. Try it from the Sim > MC UI... if you click on the pregnant sim and you have Show (Sim) Menus enabled, there'll be a MC list that comes up, under Pregnancy choose the first button, Pregnancy Phase, it will tell you what you want to know.

Not being pregnant would mean different buttons there.

I'm not sure what having Show Menus enabled means, but when I clicked on my sim, and clicked MC Pregnancy, this is what comes up:

Skylar.PNG

Does this mean she isn't pregnant?
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
    edited September 2016
    I'm having an issue with the pregnancy scanner console command. I have my settings so that alien adbuctions will result in pregnancy for both male and female sims 100% of the time. My female sim was just abducted, and I tried using the preg_scan console command like it says on the MC Command Center download page (I typed in "preg_scan skylar hartfield") and nothing happened. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I just tried, it isn't working here, either. Try it from the Sim > MC UI... if you click on the pregnant sim and you have Show (Sim) Menus enabled, there'll be a MC list that comes up, under Pregnancy choose the first button, Pregnancy Phase, it will tell you what you want to know.

Not being pregnant would mean different buttons there.

I'm not sure what having Show Menus enabled means, but when I clicked on my sim, and clicked MC Pregnancy, this is what comes up:

Skylar.PNG

Does this mean she isn't pregnant?

So it turns out my sim was not pregnant. I had her woohoo with an alien (because my story hinges her having an alien child - I'll just use MC Command Center to alien-ize the child and make it a full alien :blush:) and now there are different options under the MC Pregnancy options, which show that she is pregnant now. But it's really weird that she didn't come back from the abduction pregnant. I made sure to change the settings before she was abducted to allow female sims to be impregnated, and for pregnancy to occur from abduction 100% of the time. I think MC is having a few bugs. :confused:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

• CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    How can I unset two sims from being primary and secondary? I would like to add more sims to both but can't, I can only add to each other.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    How can I unset two sims from being primary and secondary? I would like to add more sims to both but can't, I can only add to each other.

Try using the console command with the 2 names you'd like to be using:

rel_set jane doe john smith

That gets you past the Primary and Secondary menu part, and goes right into the relationship-editing part.

Also, since I"m here, @emyprice95 Deaderpool said he took out the preg_scan and preg_end console commands a while back, he just forgot to take that info off the description page.

And, you gave him an idea, indirectly, with your question... something new and cool he's going to do for us...

Info here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5087645#post5087645
    B)
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member

I just set the ones I want as new ones. For example:
    Primary Sim A
    Secondary Sim B

Then I click on Sim C and Add Relationship, then Set Primary Sim C and then select Sim D Add Relationship, and Set Secondary.

That gets you past the Primary and Secondary menu part, and goes right into the relationship-editing part.

Also, since I"m here, @emyprice95 Deaderpool said he took out the preg_scan and preg_end console commands a while back, he just forgot to take that info off the description page.

And, you gave him an idea, indirectly, with your question... something new and cool he's going to do for us...

Info here:

B)

Awesome! :smiley:

Info here:

B)

Thank you so much that really helped I had my sims family tree so messed up :blush:
  • MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    One of my sims has moved out of the household, and I'm going to remove a no-age flag from him. When he passes away, though, I'd like to keep his urn/tombstone. How would I do that with MC command installed?
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I love the mccommandcenter mod
    One of my sims has moved out of the household, and I'm going to remove a no-age flag from him. When he passes away, though, I'd like to keep his urn/tombstone. How would I do that with MC command installed?

If you have notices on, you'll get a notice that his time is near. You can either move him back in and wait a day or two, or invite him over for a visit and "help him on his way" under Commands / Kill Sim / Old Age.

• TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Hey! Is there a decent guide for MC Controller? I'm kinda just starting and there's a lot of stuff going on when it comes to settings etc. Thanks!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    Taquanda wrote: »
    Hey! Is there a decent guide for MC Controller? I'm kinda just starting and there's a lot of stuff going on when it comes to settings etc. Thanks!

@Taquanda There's a PDF File in the download that is fairly detailed.
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »

@Taquanda There's a PDF File in the download that is fairly detailed.

Oh oops, didn't see that. Thanks!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    I can't find where the options to say what gender and how many babies my sim will have. Were those options discontinued?
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    So frustrating! Does anyone know how to use the gedcom option? I know where to import my family tree in family echo, but i dont know where to get the tree from the game. Please help.
    For-forum.jpg
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited September 2016
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    So frustrating! Does anyone know how to use the gedcom option? I know where to import my family tree in family echo, but i dont know where to get the tree from the game. Please help.

I've never used it before, but there seems to be only one option:
    1. Open the console (CTRL - SHIFT - C)
    2. Type gedcom <firstname> <lastname> (assuming it's the famous John Doe, the command would be gedcom john doe)
    3. There will be a confirmation message in the console: Gedcom file written for <firstname> <lastname>
    4. There will be an output file <firstname>_<lastname>.ged in the directory of the MC script files (usually the S4 Mod folder).
    5. If you're not sure where to find the file, search for *.ged in your Windows file explorer.

With this *.ged file you should be able to proceed with the import routine in your family tree editor or whatever program you choose.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't find where the options to say what gender and how many babies my sim will have. Were those options discontinued?

Those options are available in the MC Pregnancy module.
    1. Click on a computer on the lot where you are. If there is no computer buy one, it doesn't matter which one.
    2. In the menu choose "MC Command Center..."
    3. In the Main Window of MC Command Center, there will be a number of submenus, according to the number of modules, you have installed. You need "MC Pregnancy...".
      • If there is no such option save and exit the game,
      • download the MC Pregnancy module (MC_Pregnancy_2_15_0.zip) from the MTS MC Command Center site (link)
      • unzip it and save the package file in your S4 Mod folder
      • Restart your Game
      • Click on a computer on the active lot and choose "MC Command Center...".
    4. Choose "MC Pregnancy..."
    5. In the Submenu there will be the option "Offspring..."
    6. Choose "Offspring..."
    7. In the Offspring menu there will be several options to choose from.
    8. Regarding the gender choose the option "Offspring Gender..."
    9. Regarding the number of babies, choose the option "Maximum Offspring"
    ☆☆☆ Have fun! ☆☆☆
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Thank you so much @Bonxie
    For-forum.jpg
    Unfortunately its not working. Idk why.
    For-forum.jpg
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Currently, I'm spending a fair bit of time totally populating Newcrest and filling the empty houses in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs with families from the gallery. Would MC Command Centre do this for me somehow? If yes, how would I get it to do that?
    Thanks.
    giphy.gif
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Currently, I'm spending a fair bit of time totally populating Newcrest and filling the empty houses in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs with families from the gallery. Would MC Command Centre do this for me somehow? If yes, how would I get it to do that?
    Thanks.
    MC will automatically place sims in empty houses as long as two conditions are met:
    1. The number of empty houses in all worlds combined is greater than the number of houses that you've set to leave empty
    2. When you go into build/buy on a lot with an empty house it shows as having at least 1 bedroom
    I believe that the day(s) the mod does this depends on the lifespan you're playing on but I'm not entirely sure due to the high number of houses that I've set mine to leave empty. I would highly suggest reading MC's description page for the exact details.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Could you be more specific as to what exactly didn't work? Did you not get a gedcom file?
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Could you be more specific as to what exactly didn't work? Did you not get a gedcom file?

It says sim name missing.

For-forum.jpg
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited September 2016

Someone asked this on MC's comments, here's what I posted, same but shorter as what Bonxie has above:

If from the cheat bar, you type in gedcom jane doe you can then window out to your /Mods/MC folder, and you'll see a Jane Doe.ged file there.

I do NOT know how to use it with Family Echo or anything though. @Bloudwedd (or @Bloudwed ?) knows how to do it, though.

edit: you do have MC's mc_gedcom.ts4script file installed, right? (Captain Obvious made me ask.) :p
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top