Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Farrah made the right decision. Poor Maxime.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    So sad... :( I feel sorry for Maxime :( And he still wishes her to be happy when other would get mad and will run away... He really loves her. I don't know what I would do in such situation. It's just too hard and too much pain :(

I felt so bad writing this! Maxime is one of my fave characters but, you know, for the sake of the story this was bound to happen! At least she won't string him along any longer.
    Marialein wrote: »
    Wahhahaha :'( you make me nearly cry. But it has to be better this way. It has to. Please @Sterretjeee find Maxime a nice girl and let him make some more beautiful babies. Same for Farrah of course but that should be obvious ;)

Can I take that as a compliment? Because it felt like one :lol:
    It is indeed better this way, Farrah is fairly young so she has all the time of the world to find new love. It is sad that I can't say that about Maxime. But he's such a dear and I love him very much so don't worry too much about his future <3
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I wanted to comment, but not much else to say than good luck to both of them. I hope they manage to keep being friends, even if it takes some time.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope so too <3
    Farrah made the right decision. Poor Maxime.

Yeah she did, how painful it was
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh, my!!I love catching up with multiple installments your only left hanging just a little instead of a whole heck of a lot. I am happy that Maxime is so kind - any other character would have exploded with anger - which makes me even sadder that this wasn't a longer lasting ship. :( I understand, however, in the matters of the heart no one gets to choose it is a complicated and delicate thing... Great Updates THANK YOU
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh no, just when I really started to like Maxime. Why is this happening?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

Because Farrah's true love is Mirjam.
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

Or is she? I haven't seen much of a spark between them yet either.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Eh. I have a hunch. :p
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh, my!!I love catching up with multiple installments your only left hanging just a little instead of a whole heck of a lot. I am happy that Maxime is so kind - any other character would have exploded with anger - which makes me even sadder that this wasn't a longer lasting ship. :( I understand, however, in the matters of the heart no one gets to choose it is a complicated and delicate thing... Great Updates THANK YOU

@VIRTUALEE Super glad you caught up! Binge reading sure is satisfying ;)
    Maxime sure had an exceptional reaction, which to me was because he honestly loves Farrah and respects her decision. (Imagine this happening to Troian :lol:) I absolutely adored Maxime and if it wasn't for my authors heart he and Farrah would have a long happy marriage with multiple children. Cause you know
    Graham and MArgo are super cute!

@Maladi777 Sorry! I absolutely adored Maxime myself, but to be honest Farrah was never 100% into their relationship. Yes, she was depressed, but her cause was partly being in a one-sided relationship. Tragically one-sided for Maxime. But! Worry not! Maxime will definitely be back in story telling! I just love his face too much <3
    Eh. I have a hunch. :p

@Spottydog714 @ThePlumbob My lips are sealed, huge time jump coming ahead. Mirjam may or may not be still present. As for their spark... Mirjam did make Farrah feel special, but I wouldn't necessarily be convinced it was in a romantic way.
    Also, @Spottydog714 you made me laugh, how's the building of your ship going? :lol:
  • Options
    Oh, no, I'm not building any ships. I'm leaving the hard labour to someone else, thank you very much!
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    3.34 Goodbyes

7_9_16_19_22_48.png

The sound of her heels on the hard floor of an empty airport was a sound Farrah had learned to hate in the past nine years. By now she had concluded goodbyes not only hard, but also stupid. Like a stubborn child who would conclude naps stupid. But as much as she hated the sound, she produced it with every step and she produced it rapidly.

In front of her two different sounds all-together were echoed through the enormous building, maybe even more rapid than hers. But who was she to blame? They were late, and not for something they could be late for.

7_9_16_19_24_45.png

"Daddy!" Margo sprinted forwards and latched into her father's arms, followed by her twin-brother who had seemed to taken on a more reserved approach.

"I knew we would make it, I just knew." Margo rambled, pulling her laughing father even closer. Just a few metres away Farrah watched the scene play out, her little daughter demanding all her father's attention, Graham at her side politely waiting his turn.

7_9_16_19_23_55.png

"Margo, darling. Give your brother a turn." Farrah demanded with a friendly smile. She was not one to scold her children, but today's goodbye would be different.

As Margo finally let go, Maxime took the opportunity to straighten his back, making eye contact with what once would be his. "Farrah." He greeted, which was returned with a smile. "Maxime." She responded, coming a little closer now finally acknowledged. "Are we holding up a plane with a lot of people?" She asked, apologetically looking at the gate that he would soon enter. All she got as an answer was a simple shake with the head, before her phone started ringing.

7_9_16_19_31_37.png

"I am so sorry!" She muttered as her face turned red. Farrah then proceeded to turn around to speak to whomever would call her at 4 am. "Hey, this is Farrah Grace. I don't really have the opportunity to talk right now." Was the sentence she answered the phone with. As soon as she realised her contact was private rather than business she breathed in relieve. "I am seeing the father of my children off at the airport, this time it's not a goodbye we could miss. He's moving." In the background she heard him laugh with their children, something that seemed to calm the anxiousness that haunted her the entire morning. "He got a job offer in France, close to family." She continued. "Look, we'll talk at lunch, okay? We're kind of late and I can't let this plane leave without him."

7_9_16_19_32_39.png

"I don't like that I won't see you anymore." Were the first words Farrah heard Graham say when she finally turned towards her company again. "I'll visit as soon as I can!" Maxime promised, clenching his son just a little tighter. "I am sorry that it won't be like it used to, but I have to do this." Maxime apologized once again. It was an apology Farrah had heard a thousand times by now, and every time she heard it, it broke her heart. Not only for her children, but also for herself. It had almost been ten years since she and Maxime parted, but she had always felt like he never truly got over her. Him moving to France only built on those thoughts, it was not only far away from his children but also from her.

7_9_16_19_33_53.png

With a big gasp of air and a lot of courage she approached him, brushing her fingers through Graham's hair on her way. "Kick some butt in France." She encouraged him, at which he smiled politely. "Thank you, I will. You do that in Newcrest." She laughed at the comparison between the places. "Newcrest is barely a city, let alone a country!" She joked, but he stayed serious. "You're going to help make it big, I just know." He assured, after which he turned to their children. "I know it's an unnecessary remark, but take care of them?" It was a question rather than a statement. "I will." Farrah assured.

7_9_16_19_36_53.png

The steward came to tell Maxime they wouldn't hold off the plane any longer and he took both his children in one big embrace before finally entering the gate. Farrah watched him as he walked to the glass tunnel, his eyes never leaving their twins until they were abruptly cut off by the entrance of the plane. Margo ran to the glass to watch it leave as Graham tugged her shirt. "He'll come back, right?" He asked unsure.

7_9_16_19_38_24.png

Farrah reassuringly pulled him against her side. "Of course he will, because he loves you." She comforted.

"Graham! Look at those planes! They're huge!" Margo beamed enthusiastically at which he joined her at the huge windows. Together they watched the plane leave for the airstrip, out of sight. "Daddy's going into the air with that! I wish I could!" Her voice was full with envy as well as enthusiasm. "Maybe next time he'll take me with him."

A/N
    28_7_16_16_34_58.png
    28_7_16_16_35_07.png

Look at these little munchkins! Graham and Margo are just too cute and I can't wait for ya'll to get to know them better! But as tradition, their traits and childhood aspirations :)
    They couldn't be more opposite! While Graham is Gloomy, Margo is cheerful. I was so surprised and excited! Theey both want to be an artistic prodigy, though.
    Thanks for reading! <3
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, yes... The kids are very cute <3:) I hope Maxime will be happy in France, he deserves that so much and Farrah... What about her and Miriam? I know she likes her, so... I can't wait to read more ;)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2016
    Farrah and Maxime both look so good after their newest makeovers! And the kids are adorable - I love that their personalities are exact opposites.

Hope Maxime's new job and relocation go well and that he finally gets what he's looking for in life :)

Edit: I forgot to say that while we only saw Farrah for a tiny bit, she looks so much happier! <3
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    The kids are too cute <3

The whole situation with their situation is so unfortunate, though. I think Farrah did the right decision, but it's just so sad that the kids are paying for the mistakes their parents did... Poor babies! (I know it's not that tragic but goodbyes always gets me - my father travel for work, too.)

Anyway, the whole situation kinda reminds me of Melia and Alexander from my story, so I totally understand where's Farrah coming from and I support her fully! :smile:
  • Options
    Oh, yes... The kids are very cute <3:) I hope Maxime will be happy in France, he deserves that so much and Farrah... What about her and Miriam? I know she likes her, so... I can't wait to read more ;)

Mirjam will be back! Not right away but she definitely is still part of Farrah's life. We will also still regularly hear from Maxime, I just adore him too much not to <3
    Farrah and Maxime both look so good after their newest makeovers! And the kids are adorable - I love that their personalities are exact opposites.

Hope Maxime's new job and relocation go well and that he finally gets what he's looking for in life :)

Edit: I forgot to say that while we only saw Farrah for a tiny bit, she looks so much happier! <3

Yeah, all those years definitely did them good! When I rolled the kids traits I couldn't help but laugh. Did set up for an interesting future for them, though ;)
    We will still hear from Maxime, but I just can't hurt him more than I already did (for now) so he'll probably be happy in France :)
    The kids are too cute <3

The whole situation with their situation is so unfortunate, though. I think Farrah did the right decision, but it's just so sad that the kids are paying for the mistakes their parents did... Poor babies! (I know it's not that tragic but goodbyes always gets me - my father travel for work, too.)

Anyway, the whole situation kinda reminds me of Melia and Alexander from my story, so I totally understand where's Farrah coming from and I support her fully! :smile:

I understand you! While it's not an extreme situation, it's one that's all too familiar for a lot of people. Graham and Margo all still so young and it will have an impact on them!

Now that you say so! The situations do resemble each other. Glad Farrah has your support! :lol:

• Options
    3.35 Opening

7_9_16_20_17_24.png

"The past years have been a rollercoaster in my already stuffed-full life. After breaking off an engagement with the father of the most desired persons in my life, my children, I started wondering: What was it that made my model-relationship one without love. And what was love anyway? In those years I have grown. And finally I can say that I have some more insight in this subject. Love.

7_9_16_20_15_46.png

Love is giving up your office, and moving your computer to the hallway. So that your kids don't have to share their room with each other or their hormonal aunt, who's finally started her pre-puberty.
    So that your son will have this huge room, with balcony. So that he will give you one of his rare smiles that are worth more than the entire world.
    Who needs a personal office anyway?

7_9_16_20_15_07.png

Love is giving your daughter a cotton-candy pink room, because it is her favourite colour. Even though it makes you feel like you've just entered a My Little Pony warzone.
    Filling it with a huge stuffed unicorn, because it's her favourite animal. With a drawing-table! Because she says it's her passion, and secretly because it reminds you of yourself in your younger years too.
    Just for that smile, one that is less rare but definitely worth the same.

26_9_16_18_11_14.png

Love is your little sister admiring your children's drawings like they're the most precious treasures in the world. No matter the quality or amount of effort put in them.
    Seeing the wall of drawings grow, some times faster than others. And once again it feels like the past repeats itself. (Shout out to my cousin!)

26_9_16_18_04_25.png26_9_16_18_04_12.png

Love is decorating your children's room with Koolala the defender lights, gifts from their father, because it makes them happy. Because it protects them from monsters that are only in their minds.

14_9_16_14_18_37.png

But love is also in the less philosophical things, like your father bringing you dinner after a long day of work. Him hugging you when you're down and rubbing your back.
    Like your mother dancing when you're singing, because you thought you were alone. And her telling you she loves everything you do. No matter the quality or the amount of effort put into it. (I guess it's a family thing!)

26_9_16_18_10_12.png

In the coming chapters I will discuss with you were and how to find love..." Farrah left the sentence unfinished. Was her opening too repetitive? She sighed as she shoved the chair back. Combing through her hair. She was a published author by now, but that didn't mean she could handle her books without care. She wanted every single one of them to hold value.

26_9_16_18_10_29.png

She took a quick peek outside, the sun had just started to set. After getting ready for bed she had slipped behind her computer hoping to whip out some more magic. Maybe it was too late after all. She yawned, bending back over her file. "Just some quick editing." She promised herself.
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I like Farrah's thoughts... And she didn't write all her thoughts yet, I guess... :)
  • Options
    I like Farrah's thoughts... And she didn't write all her thoughts yet, I guess... :)

Yeah, it's a little bit of a filler-chapter to be honest. But sometimes I just feel the need to project her thoughts :)
    Maybe she did, maybe she didn't ;)
  • Options
    Awww, I like that. :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Awww, I like that. :)

A feel-good chapter from time to time is necessary :)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Awe - that was a beautiful update and I am digging Far's new look. I cant wait to see and meet the childrens personalities :)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Sniff .. Maxime off on the airplane .. pass the Kleenex please!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Beautiful look at a mother's love .. and a fitting picture too!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Awe - that was a beautiful update and I am digging Far's new look. I cant wait to see and meet the childrens personalities :)

Thank you, I felt the need for something mushy :blush:
    Definitely can't wait either!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Sniff .. Maxime off on the airplane .. pass the Kleenex please!!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Beautiful look at a mother's love .. and a fitting picture too!

Thank you so much! Glad you caught up :)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    It's so sad that Maxime is now looking older than Farrah's father. :'(
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It's so sad that Maxime is now looking older than Farrah's father. :'(

@Maladi777 Youth-potion is some heavy stuff! They are by far older than Maxime, but it's not noticeable.