Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi @WrathofCath sorry its been a while between visits my real life has been hectic and ive been neglecting visiting peoples showcases.
    Im in love with your Sunflower Farm its so adorable, I am a true farm girl at heart so I absolutely love this build. I love your creativity with your decoration and how cute is that farm shed with the veggie patch and the first pic from street view looks amazing well done its so beautiful
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • linsleyklinsleyk Posts: 39 Member
    wow awesome builds
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW Cath! Such a lovely farm! Adorable exterior! Love that shed and veggie patch area. The pool area looks fantastic too. Inside, all the rooms looks gorgeous. Great job! All we need are some farm animals and then we can have some proper farm. I miss the chickens and cows from the TS3 store. :( Already added to my favourites. <3
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Sunflower Farm is the perfect build for the lovely Cassee Beautifully detailed bright and happy. Hugs Folly
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    I can't thank you enough for your Wonderful comments, @bouquetcatcher! <3 It's great to hear that you are building again :) I hope they put the packs on sale soon. You are going to Love all the new stuff! I don't know which one I would pick first, lol :D

Thank you for the lovely comments, @masajo! So very kind of you :)<3

Thank you for the awesome review, @rosemow! <3 It's always lovely to see what you have to say. :blush:<3

Thank you @follyfoot, for the wonderful pics of the Travell's enjoying their new home! :smiley: I got such a kick out of your comment for Mrs. Travell and her cooking skills :D At least they look like they're all really enjoying their hotdogs, hahaha! I have to admit, I love a good hotdog myself, now and then. :p
    Thank you also for the sweet comment on Sunflower Farm, Folly! :blush:<3

How wonderful to hear from you @Cbear13! Thank you very kindly for your awesome comments on my farm! :smile:<3

Thank you for the lovely comment @linsleyk! Very sweet of you :blush:

Thank you for your sweet comments @yanti68! <3 I can't agree with you more, about wishing for some animals in S4... Wonder if we'll ever get them? Even more than animals though, I would REALLY love to have Seasons.... I miss seeing snow in the game. Too bad I didn't feel the same way about it in RL :p Winter is definitely NOT my favorite season here, hehe. Once Christmas is over, I wish the snow would be too. :p

Thank you for your lovely comments @Nejioranaid! It's always nice to see you. :blush:<3
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    @WrathofCath,
    Thank you for 2 more outstanding builds! I love that you added so many little garden areas to both builds. One in particular at the Devonshire Cottage makes me wish I was there and relaxing! I am talking about the area under the big tree in the corner of the lot that has a chair, fountain & statue in it. Lovely. I also like the little pond or pool you have alongside this area. My favorite room in your build would be the little "atrium" for book reading. It also looks tranquil and relaxing. Sunflower Farm is equally lovely. I like the kitchen a lot & absolutely love the little garden shed you put out back! You did an awesome job furnishing it and adding all of the little accent decor! You continue to shine and show us your talent. I really appreciate the time you put into your builds and especially the time you take to decorate each one in keeping with the theme you use for the whole home. I think I have downloaded most of your builds and continue to do so, as you keep constructing beautiful, livable,"homey", homes. Thank you again, and please keep up the awesome work! :)
    @Junebug6620, I cannot thank you enough for your extremely kind comments! So very, very sweet of you. :blush:<3
    Briarwood 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $244,736
    No CC

Gallery Link

Although this cottage may look small on the exterior, there's plenty of room for a large family. The main floor has living and dining rooms, study, kitchen, master en suite, nursery and full bath. The basement has a family/game room, playroom, gym, boys and girls rooms and another full bath. Outdoors there's a nice patio for relaxing or cooking on the grill and there's a little play gym for the kids.

The exterior of the home:

09-07-16_2-01-42nbspPM_zpskwldrbpf.png
    09-07-16_2-02-24nbspPM_zpsppodhvjm.png
    09-07-16_2-02-43nbspPM_zpswtf8tbby.png
    09-07-16_2-03-11nbspPM_zpsarrzduk3.png
    09-07-16_2-03-49nbspPM_zpsploqhwdh.png

Roof view and floor plans:

09-07-16_2-04-23nbspPM_zpscmajc78j.png
    09-07-16_2-04-44nbspPM_zpsqewktfgp.png
    09-07-16_2-05-11nbspPM_zpscfq0xdym.png

Some exterior shots of the yard:

09-07-16_2-08-55nbspPM_zpszafyehnr.png
    09-07-16_2-09-53nbspPM_zpsnmrwfyql.png

Heading inside is the study, with living room and dining room, straight ahead. The kitchen is out back and the bedrooms are to the right:

09-07-16_2-08-18nbspPM_zpsh7gnckqp.png
    09-07-16_2-11-03nbspPM_zpsso4sjiop.png
    09-07-16_2-20-09nbspPM_zpsocbngouh.png
    09-07-16_2-12-25nbspPM_zpswtsgtqa3.png
    09-07-16_2-12-38nbspPM_zpsk1go2fmj.png
    09-07-16_2-13-55nbspPM_zps8nuekrby.png
    09-07-16_2-14-17nbspPM_zpssoivnnly.png

Downstairs there is a family/game room, playroom for the little ones, gym, girls room and boys room:

09-07-16_2-20-35nbspPM_zpsvjff1amb.png
    09-07-16_2-18-18nbspPM_zpskxpktbcl.png
    09-07-16_2-16-41nbspPM_zpsw2suwflq.png
    09-07-16_2-16-17nbspPM_zps5ftigeng.png
    09-07-16_2-15-43nbspPM_zpskpbxmbtr.png
    09-07-16_2-16-06nbspPM_zpstggcat0r.png

Thanks for stopping by for a look and Goodnight!

09-07-16_2-24-04nbspPM_zpssnemunbo.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Briarwood is such a very pretty home! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice roofing on the home ! The planter and flower box dormers look very nice. Very nice landscaping of the outdoors areas! The plants, flowers, trees and greenery look so very nice! Very nice water fountain and flowers feature in the front garden! The design of it looks so very nice! The greenery and flowers look nice on the exterior walls. The wishing well is a nice touch in the build. The front pathways design is very nice. Very nice backyard and back patio areas for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating meals in the outdoors area at the table, or enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. They will have fun playing chess on the chess table there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The corner study desk nook is great! Sims will enjoy using the computer there, and wall clock is a nice home touch. The wall paneling looks very nice. The living room looks warming and homely. It looks nice how the sofas are angled towards the fire. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in front of the fire, having a chat. The grandfather clock adds to the homely look. The colour scheme through the rooms looks very nice! Very nice dining room! It looks nice how the dining table has been created. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when eating a meal. The curtains add a nice look to the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! The teapot shelves look very nice how they are placed on the walls there. The eggs basket and teapot on the stove are nice homely touches, and the type of stove suits well the home type. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The curtains look nice how they are placed in the master bedroom. The bunny is cute beside the bassinet in the kids room! Very nice basement level! The various areas of the fsmiky and games room looks very nice! Sims will hsve fun playing the llama table top game, or enjoy sitting resting on the sofa seating watching tv together and listening to radio music through the gramophone, in front of the fire. Very nice study desk nook! The bookcases look great placed on side of the desk table to create the nook. Sims will enjoy using the computer at the table or reading books there. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the stools. The playroom is a very fun place for the kids to enjoy spending time! The corner art nook and tv is great! The sims will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table, have fun playng with the dollhouse or enjoy watching the penguin tv! The toy animals look cute! The trees are a nice touch on the walls and go well with the trees floor rug. The pink and white colour scheme of the girls bedroom looks very pretty! It is nice that there is a study desk nook between the beds in both of the kids bedrooms . The scenic picture and birds pictures in the girls bedroom are calming for the sims to wake up and see.
    It is a very nice nice home! :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    <3<3<3 the "four-poster bed". I do so admire your cottages! :smiley:
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    So charming, Ms Cath. LOVE your cottages....your landscaping is beautiful♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Beautiful new creations, Cath! I have to add to my favourites for sure.
    Hugs xxx
  • linsleyklinsleyk Posts: 39 Member
    love it
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Junebug6620, I cannot thank you enough for your extremely kind comments! So very, very sweet of you. :blush:<3

@WrathofCath,
    You're very welcome--they are much deserved. :smiley:
    I think I had mentioned quite some time ago, that I had wished you could make a English Cottage with a roof that looked like it was poured on.
    If I remember, you had said that English Cottages were not a favorite of yours (to do). And I am not sure that this kind of roof line could even be simulated on Sims 4 (no pun intended :)). I really prefer the shingled look--more like the shingles we use today--than the grass like look of the roof. But I have included a few pictures to give you an idea of what I am thinking of. I would like to suggest: if you ever get extremely bored, maybe you would consider trying to do one of these? The shingles look more like pic 4, but I especially like the decorative piece they use at the peak of the roofs in pics 1 & 5. I have seen this roof style from small cottages to large manor homes (when searched).

[img][/img]7wVIKIF.jpg?1ZyEL5qO.jpg?1pmkBklR.jpg?19xxx3hy.jpg?1aRNsw8C.jpg?1

Also, Briarwood is an nice home also. I especially like the way you have the loveseats sitting in front of the cozy fire and the picture above the mantel. And I liked the way you combined the family room with a game table, personal bar, and a desk to work at. The whole feel of the home is English-ee (a new word?), to me. Again, you make the most out of the yard, sprinkling greenery, plants, and a fountain here & there. Very lovely.

Oh wow! I just noticed the lion fountain above your front door entryway! What a clever and unique usage of that piece! I would never have thought of that. That is why your builds are loved--you think out of the box. Thank you & I love it! :heart:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Astounding work with Briarwood, the whole build is absolutely beautiful :) I really love your landscaping, the front looks so inviting and welcoming and the area at the back is so cool and peaceful, like a little haven :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @rosemow, Thank you for your wonderfully detailed comments, Rose! Very much appreciated :blush:<3

@StSciurus, Thank you for the sweet comment! <3 I love that the curtains don't take up much space so that even in a small space, they still work. :smile:

@Cassee, Thank you so much, Cass! <3 I kind of went a little crazy with all the embellishments on this one :p but had so much fun with it. :smile:

@AIRIS6962, Thank you Inma! It's lovely to see you! :smile:<3

@linsleyk, Thank you for the sweet comment! :blush:<3

@Junebug6620, Thank you for the lovely comment! As for those cottages in the pics, I Love them all! Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to emulate those roofs, at least as far as I know... It would be fabulous if we could though! I love the soft curves they have. Still, it would be fun to try. :p Hmmm.... something to think about.... Thank you for sharing those cool pictures :blush:<3

@masajo, Thank you for your very kind comments! They really mean so very much to me. :blush:<3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Cath amazing cottage dear. You are a fabulous builder. Already got it fav'd sweetie!
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Cath Briarwood is a gorgeous cottage, I love all the little details like the rambling pathway to the front door, the inviting lounge area near the fireplace and the play room for the children. Hugs Folly
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Briarwood is a gorgeous Tudor cottage! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very charming and classy! Love that rustic feel and the roofing looks creatively complex too! Your landscaping is so wonderful! Love the fountain out front! Very beautiful gardens too! I also adore the backyard with a monkey bars. And your interior, cozy! Very charming color scheme you used! Love how you did with a bedroom by having four curtains in a bed. The basement looks very natural too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thank you for the very sweet comments @BreeMiles, @follyfoot, @Nejioranaid and @RyeCris16! Very much appreciated! :blush:<3<3<3

edited September 2016
    Vintage Townhomes 4br, 8ba.
    Lot Size: 20x20
    Cost: $311,673
    No CC

Gallery Link

In anticipation of City Living, I decided to build some townhomes. There are three apartments with the possibility for an additional two, in the basement. I used the basement for a common space for the tenants. There is a gym with lap pool, a playroom for the little ones, a bar/game room and two full baths. The two end apartments have one bedroom each and the middle unit has two bedrooms.

Some shots of the exterior:

09-19-16_7-59-40nbspAM_zpsdya6pk7f.png
    09-19-16_8-00-21nbspAM_zpsov7951sn.png
    09-19-16_8-24-32nbspAM_zpsw4d1jpqk.png

Roof view and floor plans starting with the upstairs and moving down:

09-15-16_4-11-10nbspPM_zpszlgfvazh.png
    09-15-16_4-11-33nbspPM_zps6ufutffi.png
    09-15-16_4-11-45nbspPM_zps4cepjwz3.png
    09-15-16_4-12-02nbspPM_zpslqlilidl.png

Each of the apartments has a small yard out front. Starting with the unit on the left first:

09-16-16_9-30-18nbspAM_zpsqxjj1czw.png
    09-19-16_8-02-26nbspAM_zpswwo8xugq.png
    09-15-16_4-14-09nbspPM_zpsuguhzjj2.png
    09-19-16_8-04-32nbspAM_zps894zkkmx.png

The apartment on the left is done in delicate pink colors and furnishings. It has one bedroom and two baths.

09-15-16_5-23-16nbspPM_zpscarnkrjk.png
    09-15-16_4-16-16nbspPM_zpssxbgsa3h.png

The middle apartment is for a little family. It has two bedrooms and two baths. There is also a small hallway upstairs with an art easel.

09-15-16_5-23-59nbspPM_zpsqjiip2iv.png
    09-15-16_5-28-11nbspPM_zpsyngfpapm.png
    09-15-16_5-28-32nbspPM_zps0mya0yyg.png
    09-15-16_5-27-55nbspPM_zpslc3jxxbr.png
    09-15-16_5-27-38nbspPM_zpsmxu95sk4.png

The unit on the far right is done in dark, masculine colors. It has one bedroom and two baths, one on each floor.

09-15-16_5-24-28nbspPM_zpsrqlqraa4.png
    09-15-16_5-26-48nbspPM_zpsiovjvwjf.png
    09-15-16_5-26-29nbspPM_zpszyxiebc5.png

There are two separate entrances to the basement, which could allow for two additional apartments down there. I opted to use this space as a common room for the tenants to share. There's a gym with lap pool and yoga area, a playroom and a game/bar. There are also two full baths down here.

09-15-16_7-39-09nbspPM_zpsqfemzwt8.png
    09-15-16_5-32-22nbspPM_zpsr7mgwh3c.png
    09-15-16_5-32-44nbspPM_zpsccennyif.png
    09-15-16_5-33-25nbspPM_zpshtnqd4kz.png

And that's about it. I'm really looking forward to the new ep. Can't wait to see all our new stuff! :blush:

Thanks for having a look and Goodnight!

09-19-16_8-06-15nbspAM_zpshb2a9kt4.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I am so excited about City Living, too, @WrathofCath ! Your townhouses are wonderful. I love the eclectic mix of architecture. I am very curious, though, whether CL will be like TS3 where only one apartment per lot is actually playable (and all the other apartments are blacked out). I've been creating townhouses as well but have been reluctant to decorate more than one unit in case they will not be playable (or even seeable)!
    Good point @StSciurus, I wonder how apartments will work too. :hushed: Hopefully there will be some empty lots where we can place our builds and hopefully all the separate spaces will show... Thank you for your lovely comment :blush: Very much appreciated :smile:<3