Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hmm...
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Shai her marriage is awful! Don't think I didn't notice the comment about divorcing being easier when children are grown up!! I hope Shai won't let it come to that when she finally realizes 'what' exactly she married...
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    The scene in the art studio was lovely! I really enjoyed the way that you developed the personality of each student so well! And it was neat to see what they painted! That owl painting happens to be one of my favorites! :)

Thank you so much :) I really wanted to show you all a bit of Shais love for art. And yes that owl was just too good to not use :D
    It was amazing chapter, I enjoyed every sentence and pictures <3 Robert seems like a great person and Sarah is cool, too. I like how she's open minded and free spirit :) But George... Here I feel bad for Shai and I'm very worried for her and her son, but let's wait for the next chapter ;) Thank you, @Marialein <3

I have to say that I am a total fan of Robert. She is just too much fun. Of course I love Sarah too especially because she is a case genetic experiment of two of my sims ;) As I said once. Shai and Georges marriage isn't perfect but they have very good moments.
    MistyDove wrote: »
    I loved this chapter! I really like Sarah, I wonder if she'll play a more important role later on or will just be the friend that Shai really needs right now. I feel so bad for Shai though and I can't wait to see what their son will look like as a child. George is so creepy but I'm interested to see how things turn out out with him as well. I enjoy this story with the way you write it and the pictures, I shall patiently await the next update. :)

Thank you so much <3 I can't wait to see Gabriel either. :)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I wonder what is motive for giving her such a "nice" gift that takes her out of the house for long periods. Missed Angel tonight :)

Well, sometimes George is really nice to Shai, you know? As for Angel … around every second chapter belongs her ;)
    Thymeless wrote: »
    Sarah and Robert are so lovely! :smiley: Shai needs friends, what with George being a creepy cellar-gremlin. I loved the tattoos you gave Sarah, too! They're stunning.

Do you want the link to the tattoos? I could search for it if you want to. Shai really needs friends that is for sure. :)
    Hmm...

Hmm …
    Shai her marriage is awful! Don't think I didn't notice the comment about divorcing being easier when children are grown up!! I hope Shai won't let it come to that when she finally realizes 'what' exactly she married...

You crack me up :D that 'what' is the father of her son :D
    edited September 2016
    Marlise

Long time before Angel or Shaiyenne …

Today was my first work day at the mansion of the Fuchsian family. I was just a simple servant and my first task was lighting the chimneys. They had not just one in that huge house. I came from the underclass of the society and wasn’t used to all that luxury. My father had been a simple servant just as me and my mother too. Both died cause of pneumonia. For a while it had even seemed as if I had been following them but I got healthy again.
    However, I still wasn’t in my best form again. The warm fire felt so good.

VgAiosG.png

I couldn’t resist. I had to sit down and warm myself for a while at the fire. The chamber I was sleeping in was pretty cold and windy. I didn’t want to complain cause my former home had been worse but I wished I had a fireplace in my room too.
    Despite that, today the former servant was preparing the breakfast of the family. She was here the last day and told me already all my duties. Now was probably the last time I could just sit down for a bit.

p9Phsj1.png

When I heard steps I immediately jumped up from the sofa. I wasn’t supposed to sit just there and do nothing. I looked in the direction of the steps. A young woman entered the room. She had beautiful curly blonde hair. She wore an expensive green silk dress. Her skin was very light, her lips red. All in all a typical rich girl you would write a poem about her beauty.

Tw5Ki7P.png

But then she turned around and my heart skipped a beat. Her eyes … I had never seen such kind green eyes. They weren’t looking down at me. They weren’t judging me. She just seemed … curious.
    “You are the new servant, right? My name is Marlise Fuchsian. It is nice to meet you.”
    Marlises voice was melodic and sweet.
    “The pleasure is on my side, mylady.”
    “What’s your name? Father haven’t told it me.”
    “My name is Raphael Thorne, Ms Fuchsian. I feel honored to work for your family. I guess I should better get back to work now.”

DlOJwv9.png

Marlise sat down on the sofa and smiled at me.
    “You can’t just go already. We haven’t barely spoken more than a few words. Please.”
    I knew that I would get in trouble if I stayed any minute longer. Somehow I couldn’t force myself to go.

pLwedXN.png

To my luck Mr Fuchsian entered the room and sat down to his daughter. He ignored me as if I was a part of the furniture. I guess he wasn’t that wrong with this behaviour. I wasn’t in their society.
    I went out of the room and tried to avoid looking at Ms Fuchsian but I couldn’t resist. I shot a quick gaze in her direction and saw a sad expression in her eyes.

ma7USwh.png

For the rest of the day I did my work without any special happenings. I cut the wood for the fire pits, cleaned the house, cooked the meals and did everything else I had to.

wx38XHo.png

u2zuaJt.png

itLL5gc.png

After a long day of working I ate the rests of the dinner alone in the kitchen. I was used to be alone and ignored by the lords and ladies but I missed the conversations I had on my old working place. The other servants had been really nice. Too bad I had to leave cause of financial problems of the lord. I would get used to this household too. As far as I knew they had just moved into this house. Their old maid got pregnant and lived now with her husband in a little house. They had had another one but she had been thrown out. I didn’t know the exact reasons but it was most likely that they would hire a second servant or maid. Then I would have someone to talk to.

7GpQ5Ai.png

Even though I just wanted to fall into the old little bed in my chamber I changed into my sleepingwear and started to wash my body with a sponge. I knew that I wouldn’t have time for this in the morning.

sIJsRV6.png

I wasn’t finished when I heard steps from behind. First I thought that I may have forgotten one of my duties but with a quick gaze I realised that it was Marlise.

sLxVG5r.png

I stopped washing myself and turned around to her. A few strains of my brown hair were falling in my face and I stroke them back. I hadn’t had time to dry myself and so I felt how some water drops were running down my naked upper body.
    Marlise blushed and quickly looked away. She did as if the books on the nightstand behind me were the most interesting thing she had ever seen.
    “Mylady? What can I do for you in such a late hour of the day.”
    “Y… You said that you need to work when I had tried to speak with you the last time so I thought … that … that I speak with you when you are finished with working. I thought that it would be earlier to be honest.”
    “Ms Fuchsian, it is not a good idea to be here. I am just your servant and not a frie…”
    But Marlise interrupted me. She had discovered my violin in the corner of the room. My biggest dream was to be a musician one day and play in orchestras but I knew that I had no real chance for this to happen.

eoNVd5e.png

“You play violin? You need to play a song for me. Please.”
    “I shouldn’t do this. Your parents are most likely already asleep, despite that you …”
    “Mother is out with some friends and father got an emergency call. He is a doctor you know. We are alone. Please, I would love to hear you playing.”
    I sighed and gave up. I took the violin in my hands and started playing one song for her.

xb9hfDd.png

When i had finished the song I sat down next to Marlise.
    “Where have you learnt to play like this? It was amazing.”
    “My father taught me. The violin had belonged him too. Mylady …”
    “Please call me Marlise. I don’t like being called Ms or Mylady. I want to be your friend and it doesn’t feel right to be called like that.”
    She just didn’t want to listen to me. We couldn’t be friends. Maybe her father didn’t look like it but as soon as he or her mother find out that their daughter met a servant in his chamber I would be a dead man.
    “I saw the books on your night stand. Do you like to read? I guess I could read the whole day without a pause.”
    I sighed and gave up again.
    “Yes I read a lot but most of the time the same books. I can’t afford having many.”
    “You can always borrow some of mine.”
    No, I couldn’t. But I gave up saying her this. She didn’t know how it was to be in a low class.
    “Of all your books, what is your favourite?”
    I thought a moment about it. Then I took it from my night stand and gave it to her.

ItOmX77.png

It was a collection of poems my father had written to win the heart of my mother. It was the last thing I had from them.
    Marlise read the title and looked confused. She opened it and scrolled through a few poems.
    “I don’t know this book. Who wrote it?”
    “My father.”
    “Can you read me one? Or two? I bet they will sound even more beautiful with your deep voice.”
    Marlise blushed about her last words and closed her eyes looking away from me.
    As she wanted I read for her a few poems. When I made a little pause Ms Fuchsian spoke again.
    “You know that you have to do this now every day?”
    “I guess I knew that.”
    I smiled. No, Marlise really wasn’t like the usual rich girls. She was something special. A bit annoying probably but in a good way.

fIbW2PF.png
    Post edited by Marialein on
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I don't know if you want this to be known or not so I'll put it in a spoiler tag
    That's Lumen, isn't it?
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I don't know if you want this to be known or not so I'll put it in a spoiler tag
    That's Lumen, isn't it?

Yes you are right ;) I just didn't write it at the beginning to let my readers guess during the chapter :)
    Okay seriously why is Marlises family name a swaering word? That is just a German word for a special red color tone :/ tomorrow I will try to find a new name for her, but really?
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Ooh this was a great chapter! Marlise is such a beautiful name for such a beautiful sim <3 How did you come up with that name Marlise, I love it! Also like Ruby10990 I also thought the same, not sure if you want others to know so I won't spoil it ;) I always enjoy the little details you add to each screenshot such as Raphael's room with the sink and lamp by his bedside, it really looks like a servant's bedroom.
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lumen flashbacks yay! But it's bittersweet. The more I learn about him the more I'll want this connection they have to develope into something more. I'm just gonna act like this is nothing. So if it doesn't work out like i want my feelings won't be crushed.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I can't wait to find out more. Marlise reminds me of Angel. I was wondering if they could be related somehow. It would be interesting if they did and it would make sense that
    Lumen is drawn to her
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oooh, intriguing! I felt a bit silly when I realised only around the last two pictures that this was
    about Lumen! It's so cool to learn more about him!
    I also really like how this chapter really does feel like it's happening in the past, with the clothes and the decor and the way they talk and all.

The forum censors can be super silly at times.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Yes, it's so beautiful, too! The facial expressions and the postures are so revealing of the feelings of these characters!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I figured that was who it was <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Gosh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Lumen is hot and Marlise is beautiful! Crossing my fingers for their story to be a happy one!
    MistyDove wrote: »
    Ooh this was a great chapter! Marlise is such a beautiful name for such a beautiful sim <3 How did you come up with that name Marlise, I love it! Also like Ruby10990 I also thought the same, not sure if you want others to know so I won't spoil it ;) I always enjoy the little details you add to each screenshot such as Raphael's room with the sink and lamp by his bedside, it really looks like a servant's bedroom.

I really don't know how I came to her name :D I can say you why I named Raphael well ... Raphael. It is another angels name ;)
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Lumen flashbacks yay! But it's bittersweet. The more I learn about him the more I'll want this connection they have to develope into something more. I'm just gonna act like this is nothing. So if it doesn't work out like i want my feelings won't be crushed.

We all know already how it ends right? Or did you mean something else?
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I can't wait to find out more. Marlise reminds me of Angel. I was wondering if they could be related somehow. It would be interesting if they did and it would make sense that
    Lumen is drawn to her

Probably but if you look closer at Lumen you see that he had been quite similar to Angel. Loving music and dreaming of a future where he could live through it. :)
    Oooh, intriguing! I felt a bit silly when I realised only around the last two pictures that this was
    about Lumen! It's so cool to learn more about him!
    I also really like how this chapter really does feel like it's happening in the past, with the clothes and the decor and the way they talk and all.

The forum censors can be super silly at times.

I am glad that you think that it feels like it happened in the past. I didn't know which exact time but in the sims world it hasn't to be exact right? ;)
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Yes, it's so beautiful, too! The facial expressions and the postures are so revealing of the feelings of these characters!

Awwwww :) thank you!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I figured that was who it was <3

Good :)
    Gosh plum, Lumen is hot and Marlise is beautiful! Crossing my fingers for their story to be a happy one!

I know :D Lumen had been such a hottie. For the end of the story ... yiu know already how it ends ...
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 2016
    I was refering to Lumen's connection to Angel. If I learn more about him I'll ship them so hard if it doesn't work out I'll be devastated. So I'll just keep my feelings on hold.
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I thought of Lumen at once when I started to read the chapter. He's very handsome inside and outside, but I can feel how much sadness was in his heart :( I want to know more of him as I like Lumen so much <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Glad I looked at spoilers. Makes more sense to me! More!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Marlise has a very free behavior for her age and class...hmm...I feel unconfortable, thinking the reason why the servants don't last is somehow related to her... :no_mouth:
  • NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    Okay seriously why is Marlises family name a swaering word? That is just a German word for a special red color tone :/ tomorrow I will try to find a new name for her, but really?
    Now I'm really curious, I can't think of any red colour that would be a swear word in English xD

I really liked that chapter, it's awesome to see pieces of his life :) I can't wait to see what happened, and how he came to the job he has now!

vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I did wonder why it kept saying plum.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    I did wonder why it kept saying plum.

Maybe because German "rot" sounds similar to "rotten"? But then it's really nonsense :/
    Well, : Marlises family name is Fuchsi_a (You write it together). I even tried it in translator from English to German but it just says that it is either a flower or a red color shape …
    edited September 2016
    Marialein wrote: »
    Well, : Marlises family name is Fuchsi_a (You write it together). I even tried it in translator from English to German but it just says that it is either a flower or a red color shape …

It's really funny @Marialein :D I know what is Fuchsi_a :) So it's really a nonsense, if even the innocent flowers can turn to bad/swearing words :/
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    That's the name of a beautiful color, no clue why it's censored though, maybe try Fuchsiaa, course that looks bad though. Was the last name chosen for a specific reason, like red color? There are possibly other words you could substitue