Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mama Dragon! I played Mama Mia!

13...Next

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Oh! I saw this on the Exchange (as I was trying to get an upload to work), and thought it was beautiful, but didn't see that it was yours! Well, I should not have been surprised, should I? :)

The open feel, and southwestern colors - it definitely looks right for Lucky Palms! :)

Going to have to download it, but not when I have my game up. (I really don't like things auto-installing. I know you check with Custard, but I'm OCD, and have to do it too!)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Love Reed and his house, they look great in LP! (and with all the rain we're getting this weekend, I'm kinda wanting a nice dry place to play for a while, lol....think the weather is making up for barely raining at all this whole summer!) And ooo, library! I just bulldozed the one that came with LP last week, cause it really wasn't the greatest...this is a much needed improvement!

@MiaSkywalker I totally know the feeling, I'm the same way. ;) I'd rather double check and be safe than get that pesky counter top sneaking back into my game! So hard to get rid of!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - I figured out that I had bad info on the cost difference, or this lot is just more expensive - maybe it has a nice vista. So, I played around with putting as much flooring and wall as possible. The money was really tight. So this is what you get:
    Mama Mia
    roof_up_original.jpg

My thoughts were that you'd want a small water closet upstairs and a pantry as well for trapping the fridge safely. So not going all the way to the edges might not be a waste of walls. (They'll just house small 3x1 rooms later.) Then, you can always add a nice-sized room on the deck later. It'll only take you a week to add the walls for that part. :) I also figured all you really need is a 3x3 space on top with room for a fridge and toilet ('cause there is no "wall" below and it's the only seat available to eat on). Sorry, not enough money for a counter yet. And not enough for a book case either. I'd have someone move in and sell the sleeping bag to buy the cheap bookcase. Pull the skill books out and sell back the bookcase to buy the sleeping bag. ;)
    l0wd_original.jpg

The sleeping quarters below even have a light (as does the top room), unless you decide to sell that for something else. There was enough money left over to add a light below as well, but why bother, except to spend all your money and have something you could sell later to pay bills?
    l1wd_original.jpg

And I already dug out the full 8x8 basement below (just no ladder) and added the floor (and ceiling, I think).

In my TEST game, I moved in Reed and sold the sleeping bag. He then had enough to buy the cheap bookcase for 125. I removed the books and placed those not allowed in the deep basement and kept the three skill books in the sleeping chamber. I figure that counts as the three skill books he must buy. ;) Then the book case sold for 75 - a loss of 50 and leaving me short the needed 100 for the sleeping bag. So, I sold that light in the basement and bought the sleeping bag.
    screenshot-313.jpg

Reed then had 15 left - exactly the amount for an extra door. Since two doors is always better than one, Reed is now flat broke. (No that's another guy!)
    screenshot3.jpg

A true challenge for someone of your caliber!

And no, this isn't your big present. This was a quick diversion when I saw that the other didn't fit where you wanted it.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The Can Yon Library is a terrific remodel of the Grand Canyon Community Library in Lucky Palms! Getting rid of the foundation and changing a few things around really freshened up this lot as well as making it easier on getting sims inside in a decent amount of time. Good thinking.
    Last, but hopefully not least, is a lot I hope you'll enjoy playing sometime. This is to reflect your love of the old rural life with large gardens and lots of room for family.

roof_up_original.jpg

See more pictures here.

Download here.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @ciane Having a house built and ready to start a challenge with is always so nice...sometimes you just want to jump right in and not have to build the starter house first! And I love the farmhouse...not too big, not too small, but a perfect medium. And the garden is great...love gardener sims myself, so having one already put in is always nice!
    The Old Farm House is fantastic with its wraparound porch! Lots of room for a small family to live, love and grow up in. LOVE the garden area, too.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I feel mega spoiled ciane, thank you I look forward to poking around on all of the lots you've built, and with the sims you created
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    ps I may end up using one of Rflong's worlds instead
    I started to tinker with Glenvale County once before and got sidetracked, it however is possibly nearly a perfect world to plop down max mixed builds or set up for an apoc.
    original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5940639
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Just saw Mama Mia... a true challenge if I ever saw one! GranMamaD can certainly rise to it, but will there be other takers. I wonder, I wonder.
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Black or White starter looks very stylish! :) Sims can have a lovely home that they slowly build up with nice things and furniture to add later!

Manufacturing Magnificence is great! Love the shape of the building :) For some reason it won't load, so I'll have to rec it later, but great job!

I've never heard of the Apocalypse challenge; looks like fun to read about though :) Poor Reed! That is some challenge!

Willow Park is very pretty :) The ponds look so lovely and all the greenery and flowers make it look like a nice, relaxing way to spend some outdoors time

Plenty Palms Park (neat name; points for alliteration :smile: ) looks like another nice park to spend time in!

I love your library makeover! I want a library like that near me :blush:

Old Farm House is really charming; the kitchen is especially lovely :)

rec'd; will hopefully mange to get Manufacturing Magnificence to load eventually so I can give it its well deserved rec! :)

In case anyone is interested, I did play with that Mama Mia apocalypse starter. You can see what happened here.