Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    LOL @HollyhocksFluff yes, I realized that after the fact. Yes I have some different 'things' in my game for the more mature stories I've done. I guess I should go back and black that out just in case though. LOL
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Yesterday I wrote about half of the next Echoes chapter, I feel like I should add more writing, but I also got all the pictures done for the first half. I'm still trying to figure out the next Going Solo. I know where I want to go with it, but I think it was having a similar problem to Echoes, where it's like the execution of the chapter just wasn't sounding right. It's a pretty gloomy rainy day today, we have flash flood warnings till 10pm tonight, so I'm going to be staying home all day. What I should do is get Proposal pictures and post the chapter I've already written. LOL. *cringes at tomatoes being thrown at my head*

@Piazzagirl1015 Thank you for the kind words and the understanding. It's a good feeling. I caught up on your Going Solo story today, and am also in process of answering your comments on Echoes.
    @HollyhocksFluff @Vuneca @jazen Hello! :D

Late Knight Simmer
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    @Jazen That was my bad I went and checked the chapter where that option showed up and that was when they turned Young Adult. Its good to know they won't let children or teens play with fire.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you don't get this curator aspiration either. At least with Fabulously wealthy I could have her paint and I knew when she would be finished but this one is worse. I keep picking up frogs, rocks, plants and fish in hopes I will get what I need. Its taking a long time.

Read and commented on the update :)

Oh I was laughing at the same option that @HollyhocksFluff was. :)

@NewToTheSims Glad to hear that you are writing the next Echo Chapter. I just finished Patricks generation last night and I'm going to start Armand's in a little while. I think I'm one behind in your GS also. I seen that you are all caught up with Race. I'm still very much behind on comments but I'm hoping to get many of those taken care of tonight.

Hi! I've been playing around on Tumblr again and am excited for the Halloween Photo Challenge. It is my favorite holiday. I found out last year when I did it that I am pretty successful with photo prompts. I'm polling (as in just asking around) if people would be interested in an alternate universe Patrick and Emmanuel pairing. I won't say too much here in case you haven't read Echoes of Eternity, but my readers will know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean, don't worry about it. :smiley: Last night, I built a hospital for Echoes, and was going to get more pictures but my game crashed. LOL. It's ok though cause it was late and I probably needed to close it anyway. XD

@Piazzagirl1015 Haha yay! I replied to all your comments that I had seen up till about 12:30 last night. If you left any after that, I haven't gotten to them. XD I am yup, excited to see where Bae goes from here.

Late Knight Simmer
    @NewToTheSims Awesome I can't wait to see the Halloween pictures. The last couple of years @Jazen was doing that challenge also and the pictures both of you came up with were great. I could definitely see an alternate universe version pairing of Patrick and Emmanuel. I'm not sure what you have planned but I'm anxious to find out. Sorry to hear about the hospital and I do hope that you didn't lose too much work. Last night I finished with all comments that I had so I'm up to date with that and I'm half way through Armand. I should be caught up with him shortly.
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    HI GUYS!! :D *wave*

I'm so sorry I've been absent for so long! If you're following me (not sim-me) anywhere you'll know it's because all my time went into finishing my draft. I'll hopefully catch up properly this weekend - you guys have been busy! Hi @HollyhocksFluff ! :D

In the meantime, I've finally got the first chapter of Gary's generation!

4.1 It comes with a quick overview of his skills as well, so you know where he and Sophia are at :)

I'll pop in again this weekend! :) Hope you're all well!!

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    @MischiefTheKitten Welcome Back! I seen the message on twitter last night and I'm very happy for you. Going to read on Gary's update now and I see Whispers has one too :)

@Everyone The Dog Poll for Bae's Dog ends tomorrow but it looks like the Chocolate Lab is way out in front. All three dogs will be used the second place dog will go to Raven and I have to figure out who gets the last one.
    Hello again! Hope everyone is having a great morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you may be located. LOL.
    I started preparing for the Halloween Photo Challenge, like a giant nerd, LOLL, last night, when I remodeled a house with some of the sets for the challenge. I am not done yet, because there are a lot of sets... and I really hope I can get better at decorating. I think I'm just too hard on myself haha, I'll see a picture of someone who's got like stuff everywhere, and it looks fabulous, and then it makes my stuff look sparse and I'm like *whines* why can't I decorate? *cries in a corner* LOLL, but no seriously, I think the sets turned out pretty well. I've still got more to go, but that's all right. I feel good about the progress I've made so far. I posted an in progress picture set on Tumblr, which you can look at if you'd like to, at the link below.

The Halloween Photo Challenge 2016 Mega-House

@Piazzagirl1015 Awww thanks. :smiley: I had a lot of fun with those pictures, and I'm determined to finish this year. Last year I think I made it to the 14th day. Heehee, I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with the Patrick/Emmanuel idea, but the gist of it would be sort of a what if kind of thing, like what if what happened in generation 2 didn't go down that way, instead it went this way... LOL. It does sound like a few people are interested, so I'm going to start thinking of how to make it a reality. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    @MischiefTheKitten *waves* It's nice to see you again! <3

Late Knight Simmer
    Hey guys. So I try not to have things bleed over, but if you could all be so kind as to click the link on the first post and vote for one of the two guys Jay or Chris. Raizo is my guy. This is a murder mystery challenge and you're voting for who you think the murder is. I don't want it to be Raizo.

http://simmerjazen.tumblr.com/

@Piazzagirl1015 I saw that after the fact then thought we're all adults here, but then decided maybe if someone stumbled in that would be bad. It's been fixed.

@MischiefTheKitten hey, always good to see you pop in.

@NewToTheSims I saw that one on tumblr so not sure if I'm doing that list or the one my friend came up with that's horror movies. I need to decide soon though.

edited September 2016
    @NewToTheSims I love the sets that you built so far and I can't wait to see what pictures you come up with. I like the what if idea for a story. I actually do think the same thing myself but only with my second generation. Had Rose gone on the path I had chosen for her my whole story would look differently today. The game made the decision for the change and I'm glad it did or there would be no Wolfie. I do wonder what would have happened from time to time.

@Jazen I see no reason why you cannot ask us here to help you with the poll. We are all friends here who will support each other. I seen your sim on this poll and if looks could kill he would be the guilty party. However looks can't kill so I voted for one of the other guys (don't remember which) and I will vote again tomorrow.

I don't blame you on making the change as we should be PG over here which is why I didn't make the comment I was thinking of when I saw it. Something about custom sliders in CAS. Ok time to get my mind out of the gutter now. So glad to hear that you are also doing the Halloween pictures again this year.
    edited September 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 thanks for voting. :) I was just leaving it up to chance and wasn't asking for votes, but things changed since one of the other contestants started saying she thought he was killer. Had to vote that down. LOL

I didn't even think about the pop up thing at first. I forgot it was there since I'd not had to use that feature recently. LOL Things are all PG and forum friendly again.

Sorting shots. So update for Anahi

Anahi.jpg

One Woman Show: Update 7
    Post edited by jazen on

@Jazen I just checked the poll and it closed it seems like your guy is out of danger :) Let me know if you need help again. I love the comparison pictures of Anahi you can see the progress she made. I hope Marissa has results close to that. You know I think its easier for them to gain weight as adults because I noticed Travis getting a little beer belly himself.

Oh question is The Rocky Horror picture show one of the Horror Movies on your friends list? I can't commit to doing 30 pictures but if this movie is on the list I would love to make one just to use the Dr. Frank n Furter costume again. Besides Hunger Games I have no use for that thing.
    @Piazzagirl1015 yeah it's closed and Raizo is saved this round. I was hoping he'd get the least amount of votes because then he would get extra positive interactions with the bacholerette. I'm happy he's not getting the negative ones.

I wanted to see how she changed over the course of this aspiration since in S4 the sims do gain and lose weight where it's noticeable. I don't think the body type changes like that in S3. :( At least I've not had a sim where they've had that sort of difference. I should test out that theory. LOL Can't wait to see the change in Marissa when you get to it.

Just checked the list, and no that one is not on the list. This is what I'm supposed to try and do this time.
    Day 01: Child's Play
    Day 02: Frankenstein
    Day 03: The Evil Dead
    Day 04: The Amityville Horror
    Day 05: Saw
    Day 06: Sleepy Hollow
    Day 07: Cujo
    Day 08: Poltergeist
    Day 09: The Shining
    Day 10: 13 Ghosts
    Day 11: The Mummy
    Day 12: House on Haunted Hill
    Day 13: Friday the 13th
    Day 14: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Day 15: The Omen
    Day 16: The Silence of the Lambs
    Day 17: Carrie
    Day 18: Final Destination
    Day 19: Scream
    Day 20: The Sixth Sense
    Day 21: The Exorcist
    Day 22: It
    Day 23: Nightmare on Elm Street
    Day 24: Psycho
    Day 25: The Ring
    Day 26: Dawn of the Dead
    Day 27: Dracula
    Day 28: The Woman in Black
    Day 29: The Wolfman
    Day 30: Night of the Living Dead
    Day 31: Halloween

Hi everyone,
    I finally updated The Proposal with the next date that Giovanni went on.
    Episode 15: Giovanni's Fifth Date

I also gave some of last year's Halloween Sims a makeover because I wanted to use them again this year. You can check them out at this link.
    Before & After

@jazen Have you decided yet if you're doing the same one I'm doing? I haven't seen a whole lot of movies on that list you posted, but it definitely looks like a challenge. Your Sim Anahi looks awesome! Her workout regimen paid off big time. LOL. I was too late on the voting but I saw that your Sim was safe, thankfully.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Yes, exploring different options in an alternate universe opens up all the possibilities for lots of fun story lines and experiments LOL. With the alternate universe, my third gen heir wouldn't be here, which explains why in the real story, I didn't do this option. XD

LateKnightSimmer
    @NewToTheSims I haven't yet but I need to so I can start working on shots. This month is flying by and I've not even got set up done. LOL

So I wanted to say that Raizo won that MMBC!!!

https://catchingpixels.tumblr.com/

You can see the final day there. :)

Welp, looks like the rumors about the next EP were true.

City Life

@Jazen Congratulations to Raizo for not only winning the poll he got the girl to :) They certainly are a cute couple

I'm anxious to see Marissa's transformation to but she is getting me so frustrated with that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 collection thing. The last straw was when Darlene finished the fossil collection while I wasn't even trying to do it. I think sometimes this game is playing me instead of the other way around.

Wow I didn't realize there was so many horror movies. I really don't watch horror movies as I'm not a fan of them. I think the closest I came was Young Frankenstein or the Nightmare before Christmas with my daughter. Oh Wow another idea for a movie not on the list just popped into my head The Cowplant used for Little Shop of Horrors. Well that movie is more of a musical. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures this year.

@NewToTheSims You did need an heir and Emmanuel was not going to give you that so it is understandable why you went that way in the story. However I'm looking forward to your alternative universe story with them :)

Read and commented on your bachelor challenge update.

@Everyone I seen the trailer that @jazen posted and I'm not impressed at all. It seems like its more of the same young adult/party theme. The only thing I seen for family players in that trailer is the father playing video games with two kids in the apartment. I do like that we get the festivals back but its not enough to make me pay full price. I'm waiting for another bargain.
    @Piazzagirl1015 I didn't realize there were that many movies either. LOL DJ loves Halloween and all things horror/gore and she came up with this list. I'm gonna do the best I can with it.

I read and commented on Darlene. Crazy she completed one of those collections when she wasn't even trying. :( I hope Marissa gets it done soon so you can move on. That's how I'm feeling about Anahi and this athletic career. I'm so ready for her to be done so I can have something new to do and write about. Have you already moved Marissa over to it or are you waiting on her to finish up the collection first? I've moved Anahi on to the next aspiration even though she's not done with the career yet. Wasn't sure if we were supposed to wait on that or not, but I haven't.

That trailer. I don't know what to think of it. It doesn't get me excited, but that's a lot of things in S4. I was late to get the game so you know I'm in no rush to run out and buy it full price. The holidays are coming up so I expect another sale from EA soon.

And thanks, I'm excited he won. I really was nervous each update that he'd get killed off so when he made it to the final 3 I started to worry he was the killer. LOL Either way he's got the girl now and she's been taking cute pictures with them.

Hi everybody, I'm waiting for my game to load so I thought I'd come in here and say hi. I signed up for Sim Star Chef, a cooking competition. I've been working on the audition post and a pose for my sim to be in when I finalize the post. I did take a CAS picture so I could share here though. My Sim's name is Davii Eckhart. I also organized a bunch of my CC last night, and I feel so much better about it now haha, it was starting to overload my everything, and go everywhere and I didn't know where anything was. I bought a flash drive that's 16GB that I am dedicating to just Sims stuff. So anything I download, poses I make, Sims I enter in competitions, anything I'm not putting in my game at the moment is going to go on that flash drive. My computer needed a break LOL. It's also a minion flash drive, so his name is Dave. XD

Screenshot-106_zpslun6xvix.jpg

@jazen Congrats to Raizo! I am with you on the TS4 stuff, I didn't buy it until like a year after it came out, and even then, my sister had a coupon that she was able to give away to a friend because she already bought it. So I bought it because of that. LOL. As of now, I still only have the Get to Work expansion and I haven't played much. I really dislike the "no disc" style too, and that's most of why I haven't gotten any other expansions.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Replied to your comment on The Proposal, thanks for reading! Yeah, I'm excited to figure out the alternate universe thing. I found my Echoes timeline yesterday as I was organizing, it's just a document I have where I put the ages of the characters as certain events happen in their lives so I can write about it accurately LOL. I'm a nerd for stuff like that. So anywayyy, hahaha. I have some ideas now for where I want to start that whole thing. Thanks for showing interest!

LateKnightSimmer
    @jazen I'm more into romantic comedies or musicals myself so I can say that I have not seen any of those movies. Since you have Angie in Midnight Hallow you might want to pull out Norman Bates for the Psycho picture. Unless you might think others might come up with the same idea.

I was in Marissa's save this morning and I still cannot complete a collection yet. I haven't moved her into a career yet because I want her to spend her day collecting stuff instead of working. I'm not sure if we are allowed to move to the next aspiration while completing career either. I guess there has to be some aspirations not connected to a career maybe you can move onto one of those while completing the last career. I don't see the harm of moving on if you are getting antsy.

I seem to have almost the same reaction to each new trailer. I'll find a couple of things that I will like but the whole pack doesn't Wow me at all. After rewatching it again I seen the kids with the sparklers which I thought was cute. Its not enough to make me pay a full EP price because the rest of the stuff I really don't care for.

@NewToTheSims I like your sim for the Sim Star Chef. You always seem to make very attractive looking sims. I wish her the best in the competition. I understand what you mean about getting the timeline and events straight so it is a good idea to go over your notes. I had to do the same and review Chelsea's bachlorette challenge for my last update on Romance just to make sure that I had one event straight.

@Piazzagirl1015 since I know you like deals on the S4 stuff. Saw THIS on tumblr today.

I used Norman last year for one of the pictures and I use their house for a few shots. Gotta stick with what works. :) Bummer on Marissa. I understand you wanting to just focus on finishing that aspiration. I've been feeling that way about Anahi's job. LOL Not taking as many shots lately when I've played since I'm just trying to get through it. I have tons to sort through as it is, so not like it's a bad thing I'm slowing down on picture taking right now. LOL

@NewToTheSims Yep, I was the same way, I just bought S4 this year. LOL Only because I had Best Buy reward points that were set to expire and it was on sale at the time. Before that I was holding off.

Good luck to your sim in the challenge. I saw she had one more spot and I've been debating on if I wanted to take it or not.

edited September 2016
    @jazen believe it or not these people have made it more difficult to buy new games from them. I don't even remember how I purchased Spa Day. I couldn't pass up $10 as I think was a fair price. There is no Add to Cart option on Origin. I had to go to an origin website in order to purchase it. This does sound like something they would do anything to make life more difficult is fine. The only stuff pack I'm thinking of now is the kitchen stuff since that is my favorite room to decorate (of course it would be that where we make food) and it has the ice cream maker. While its $4.99 I might get it.

You will probably want to use that tub with the shower curtains for Norman's picture. You do have a job ahead of you because out of that whole list that is the only one I could think of a picture for. I played Marissa more today still no complete collection. Again I was frustrated so went back to writing the next Race update and playing Raven's file. I don't blame you for slowing down as I'm sure Anahi is probably just doing the same stuff as she tries to finish her career.

@Piazzagirl1015 yeah they did make it harder. Heck I had to get a refund for Dine Out, I went to log in and it logged me in under this account. I wasn't paying attention. :( So had to call them, get a refund and then log back into Origin under the account I created for S4. The rep kept trying to get me to log into my other account and update my account information, but that's not happening! I know as soon as I do, it'll try to self update to that last S3 patch and I'm avoiding that at all costs. LOL Now just have to keep watch on my bank to make sure I get the refund.

Hope you enjoy Spa Day. I do like the yoga aspect of that one. Bummer on Marissa, sorry it's taking so long. Maybe THIS or THIS can give you tips on getting things faster. SimVIP made note of having to force some things to spawn due to a glitch in the game. Not sure if that has been fixed or not.

edited September 2016
    @Jazen I figured it out how to buy on Origin now click on the Sims 4 in your game library, Underneath the orange play button you have two options "Friends who play" and "Extra Content" Click on extra content and you get the option to add to cart there. Why they had to make this so difficult I will never know. Don't they want to sell the game? Sure they were going to try and get you to update the account but I'm glad you figured it all out before that could happen.

I ended up getting the Kitchen stuff pack too so Marissa can have Ice Cream after doing her yoga. I buy her an ice cream maker and I wonder why she is fat. I think that is about all I'm interested in. I'm glad you got the Dine Out pack and I do hope that you enjoy it. That one is becoming a favorite of mine.

Thank you for the links. I just have to wait for the right item to spawn. One of the Crystals she can't find is a common one too. I'm throwing a party when I finish this one.

Hello guys! How are you today? :smile: I have a Proposal update. It's not a standard episode. It's a Q&A between Giovanni, the remaining contestants, and my Simself.
    Episode 16: Giovanni's Rundown
    I also took advantage of that 50% offer EA had on stuff, and got the Spooky Stuff and the Spa Day for myself. I've been working on the Halloween House some more, and organizing a little more of my CC. I'm a bit sleepy today haha, I think I just need some caffeine and some activity. LOL. I've been up and down to wash dishes and do laundry in an attempt to not be so sleepy. XD

@Piazzagirl1015 Hey! Aww thanks, heehee, I like to think I'm good at making Sims, thank you so much for the compliments. Heehee. Notes are so nice to have aren't they? I love them.
    @jazen What did you decide about Sim Star Chef? Are you going to send a Sim over? Thanks! I hope Davii does well too.

LateKnightSimmer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top