Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have tried on the LGR video thread to raise the issue of the wider community being held responsible for the actions of the few. I don't believe that's fair and I think EA should be operating under a system that rewards those who aren't acting out so that the incentive is there for the wider community.

Many of us have dealt with poor behaviour. Wherever we personally feel on the present game and wherever those doing it say they stand on the game. The issue affects us all, not just EA and I feel very strongly that the community who are sensible and offer constructive criticism shouldn't be punished for the actions of people who cannot behave. We've all dealt with this poor behaviour, it's not exclusive to anyone or any opinion.

There isn't a possibility of getting a meaningful dialogue all the while we have this barrier.

Just to update you I haven't heard anything from my offer to help after the apparent misunderstanding either.
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Can someone link me to the thread concerning LGR's video?
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    TY everyone. I was on mobile too that's why I couldn't find it. Thanks again
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Okay don't shun me on this and if this is being rude or not a right post then I am sorry in advance: Wouldn't it be easier if EA just finally gives us a straight answer now? I mean just a complete yes or no like "No there will not be toddlers, this isn't the route we want to move The Sims 4 in." That way we can finally move on and stop wit the bickering about it. Or "Yes they will be added but we can not nor will not give an exact time frame." That way people can stop wondering about it and know for sure.

I don't think it would be hard to give one of those answers to appease your customers/fans and make them either look forward to something they really want or let them know so they wont have to wait a million days for something that will never, ever happen.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    @nottasinger17, yes, it would be easier and has been requested many, many times. Lots of excuses have been made as to why they won't or can't do so by various simmers. But, the long and short answer is EAMaxis won't do this ever.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Okay don't shun me on this and if this is being rude or not a right post then I am sorry in advance: Wouldn't it be easier if EA just finally gives us a straight answer now? I mean just a complete yes or no like "No there will not be toddlers, this isn't the route we want to move The Sims 4 in." That way we can finally move on and stop wit the bickering about it. Or "Yes they will be added but we can not nor will not give an exact time frame." That way people can stop wondering about it and know for sure.

I don't think it would be hard to give one of those answers to appease your customers/fans and make them either look forward to something they really want or let them know so they wont have to wait a million days for something that will never, ever happen.

I don't think they answer this and maybe some other things people are asking about because if the answer is no some people will leave the franchise or go back to an older iteration while right now those people are hanging onto hope - and buying various SP's and other stuff for it. Not in the next EP? Oh well, I'll hang on a little longer and buy more stuff while I wait seems to be the mentality.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited September 2016
    Mylita wrote: »
    @nottasinger17, yes, it would be easier and has been requested many, many times. Lots of excuses have been made as to why they won't or can't do so by various simmers. But, the long and short answer is EAMaxis won't do this ever.

Mylita

Agreed! I don't think they will do it either. Just like they won't answer if functional cars could return or if it's a possibly to add in other dynamic features from previous games. I believe they want to keep people in hopes of those things possibly coming to the game instead of saying out right that they won't or they don't know. They don't want to lose too many players this early. And of course this is all "future content" so they won't say anything anyway...

• YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    @asouthernwriter You know what's really sad? The sims freeplay has more things to do and game depth than the sims 4 and that's a free mobile app. plus the sims 2 had cars can't they at least make an effort to at least add a carpool or school bus...
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I have tried on the LGR video thread to raise the issue of the wider community being held responsible for the actions of the few. I don't believe that's fair and I think EA should be operating under a system that rewards those who aren't acting out so that the incentive is there for the wider community.

Many of us have dealt with poor behaviour. Wherever we personally feel on the present game and wherever those doing it say they stand on the game. The issue affects us all, not just EA and I feel very strongly that the community who are sensible and offer constructive criticism shouldn't be punished for the actions of people who cannot behave. We've all dealt with this poor behaviour, it's not exclusive to anyone or any opinion.

There isn't a possibility of getting a meaningful dialogue all the while we have this barrier.

Just to update you I haven't heard anything from my offer to help after the apparent misunderstanding either.

@sparkfairy1 I'm starting to think that this is planned strategy. I was accused of attacking let's players play style yesterday in that thread and 'called out' about it by simgurudrake. I replied and defended myself but I was quite shocked as everything I try to post is always made clear that is in 'my opinion' or 'I think'... it's just not in my nature to attack at all.

But I was thinking about this over night and wondering what it was about my posts that prompted drake to make that reply to me about one bad apple spoiling everything etc in regards to the devs chatting with us. The only thing I can come up with is that we are not seeing the bigger picture, but as to why they would want to pull back from their own forums is a complete mystery to me. I'm quite confused about the whole thing. :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Yubell wrote: »
    @asouthernwriter You know what's really sad? The sims freeplay has more things to do and game depth than the sims 4 and that's a free mobile app. plus the sims 2 had cars can't they at least make an effort to at least add a carpool or school bus...

So true. I play TSFP and the life stages have so much going for them. Even with the elders. If only in TS4. The sims teleport off the screen anyway so I don't see why they can't hop into a bus or taxi. I read in the speculation thread that the city life may not have all of those things like cars, taxis, subway systems, etc. Of course this is all hearsay but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't included. I think it would be an easy to implement though if it was a priority.

@asouthernwriter TSFP was awesome now I basically see 3 lifestages in the game child, adult and elder children are basically little adult's there to independent so independent that they could live on there own if they wanted, Teens are adults with restrictions nothing there to label them as separate life stages. elders are just adults that can't have babies culling basically takes care of them so you don't need to worry about them. I would love it if a taxi showed up outside my sims house every time they wanted to go somewhere lets say it comes at a certain time so my sim has time to get ready and call a nanny or something. The game isn't realistic enough in my eyes.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    @asouthernwriter @nickibitsward Exactly true!! We (not everyone) but majority will hold out hope, keep buying and when (if) the finale answer is no, it will be too late and those who have bought everything wont get their money back. But thats when the riots start.......lol
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
    @asouthernwriter TSFP was awesome now I basically see 3 lifestages in the game child, adult and elder children are basically little adult's there to independent so independent that they could live on there own if they wanted, Teens are adults with restrictions nothing there to label them as separate life stages. elders are just adults that can't have babies culling basically takes care of them so you don't need to worry about them. I would love it if a taxi showed up outside my sims house every time they wanted to go somewhere lets say it comes at a certain time so my sim has time to get ready and call a nanny or something. The game isn't realistic enough in my eyes.

And yet even still devs are saying it was a good decision to do this as it allowed them to go deeper in development of other areas of the game. While I get that... it still leaves us with teens that are the frame of the YA and A stage.

I actually like playing with teens in TS4 but that doesn't mean that I like the reasoning behind why they are the way they are. It was a short cut... in as much as there was not enough resources for them to make a shorter teen frame with all animations etc AND to develop the other various things they did instead.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.

I honestly don't see the point of the nanny. It's cool we have the choice to call one (that's good for those who wanted them) but kids can take care of themselves and the teens at home can take care of the babies. I feel people just want core realism of a life simulating game.

@NZsimm3r the game is just built up of lazy game mechanics example teleporting to locations, like 4 different variations of adults I'm beginning to think this game is based around adults more than families or the life simulator it used to be, I used to be pretty angry at the sims 3 for removing me the option to bath my baby but now I'm glad to even have the option to carry it around the house since we don't have that now. I do kind of understand why they cut a lot of stuff out but they have had 2 years to make things right and in my eyes I've seen no improvements to the main issues at all.
    @NZsimm3r the game is just built up of lazy game mechanics example teleporting to locations, like 4 different variations of adults I'm beginning to think this game is based around adults more than families or the life simulator it used to be, I used to be pretty angry at the sims 3 for removing me the option to bath my baby but now I'm glad to even have the option to carry it around the house since we don't have that now. I do kind of understand why they cut a lot of stuff out but they have had 2 years to make things right and in my eyes I've seen no improvements to the main issues at all.

I really miss the small animations like actually opening the chest of drawers etc. (I could name more but I won't lol ) I hesitate to use the word lazy as I think it is a loaded word but those smaller animations go a looooong way to making an immersive gaming experience.

@NZsimm3r same I used to laugh when my sim failed the open the dresser and fell over non of that now just teleporting to CAS...
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

And yet even still devs are saying it was a good decision to do this as it allowed them to go deeper in development of other areas of the game. While I get that... it still leaves us with teens that are the frame of the YA and A stage.

I actually like playing with teens in TS4 but that doesn't mean that I like the reasoning behind why they are the way they are. It was a short cut... in as much as there was not enough resources for them to make a shorter teen frame with all animations etc AND to develop the other various things they did instead.

I feel the same. I play with the teens as well in the game but I play them as 16-19 y/o and not 13-15 y/o. That's why so many want Preteens to full that age gap (even though PTs are ages 10-12). There are lots of voices out there that want real teens but they won't say anything on the future developments of any life stage. They've cut a LOT of corners in this game and for what? Did they develop more with multitasking? Traits? Emotions?

@Yubell I've been playing TS3 recently and find myself just watching all those little details and sighing and I know that TS2 had a million more of them. Just goes to show how much is missing from TS4 when I am sighing over the TS3 'smaller' animations!

I love the way my sims hands move in TS3... so attractive and detailed. There are moments like that in TS4 too, just not enough of them. I used to like watching my sim walk across Windenburg to get to the pub (same neighborhood) but that changed in a recent patch and now he just teleports instantly. *sigh* I don't get all the 'short cuts' (not sure what else to call them) when the sims is supposed to imitate life.

I feel the same. I play with the teens as well in the game but I play them as 16-19 y/o and not 13-15 y/o. That's why so many want Preteens to full that age gap (even though PTs are ages 10-12). There are lots of voices out there that want real teens but they won't say anything on the future developments of any life stage. They've cut a LOT of corners in this game and for what? Did they develop more with multitasking? Traits? Emotions?

I'm not 100% sure what was developed 'instead' but I'd assume those elements, yes. Was it a good trade off? lol, well now that would depend on exactly who you are asking. Right? tbh... I just don't know. It doesn't feel like it was to me most of the time even though I like multitasking.

I'm not 100% sure what was developed 'instead' but I'd assume those elements, yes. Was it a good trade off? lol, well now that would depend on exactly who you are asking. Right? tbh... I just don't know. It doesn't feel like it was to me most of the time even though I like multitasking.

Yeah I was mostly wondering about the trade off. I like multitasking too but they did mention that certain things couldn't be implemented or they had issues because of it (lounge chairs, babies).

@NZsimm3r same I really wish I could go back to the sims 2 were I could bath my baby and drive my kid to school if she misses the school bus or panic when my kids grades were low and the social services threatened to take her away or when my teens ran away from home. There is just non of that in the sims4 and I guess that's what makes it so empty missing them little small things that make a game what it is. I loved how in the sims 2 your sim would play with the fridge or go insane and the therapist would show up that always made me laugh as a kid.
    @NZsimm3r same I really wish I could go back to the sims 2 were I could bath my baby and drive my kid to school if she misses the school bus or panic when my kids grades were low and the social services threatened to take her away or when my teens ran away from home. There is just non of that in the sims4 and I guess that's what makes it so empty missing them little small things that make a game what it is. I loved how in the sims 2 your sim would play with the fridge or go insane and the therapist would show up that always made me laugh as a kid.

This got me thinking more about TS4 and how the little things don't flow together. We have a doctor career with GTW, but if your sim gets sick, we can't call the doctor to make a house call (even though they can go on them) nor can they visit the hospital. The only way you visit the hospital is if you have a baby. Sickness doesn't even matter in the game whether you take the meds you buy from the computer or not. Those are the things that bother me as well as others. I can play a doctor but I can't visit one...

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top