Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you feel like the dev team or ea is really trying to make a great game right now.

So yeah I am curious if you feel like ea or the devs are really trying to make a great game for us. Like I am curious do you feel like the lack of info is really helping the situation. do you care or mind they doge the question of tolders for example, do you care or mind they have had no events this year to talk about future content. Like do you care or mind that the game has only had 2 real expansion packs over 2 years. Like I am just curious if any of this bothers you and how you can still find real depth or enjoyment from this game in the state its in and how ea looks like they do not want to improve much. Do you think this game needs inprovements or do you think they did an amazing job.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is already a great game as is in my opinion. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    The Sims 4 is already a great game as is in my opinion. o:)

can you explain why. what makes it great for you. like i am guessing you do not need or want tolders in your game for example.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Sims 4 is already a great game, but I feel like they are trying to make it even better. o:)<3
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is already a great game, but I feel like they are trying to make it even better. o:)<3

Can i ask how you feel like they are doing that. because I mean how is giving us no info on future content for example showing they want to make the game better or to telling us to stop asking about tolders for example.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think the Dev Team is trying to make a game that will make money which is what EA is directing them to do because that's a corporations goal. It's not art, especially not anymore. If the game as it currently exists is making money, despite growing hostility and negative press, then the Devs are doing a good job as directed, currently. We'll see if there's a drop off come the end of this year. EP 3 could be so incredibly great that the last couple of months will be forgotten or it could be so awful or underwhelming that the Sims 4 is forgotten.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I think it needs a lot of improvement and my reasons don't involve toddlers. I don't think I'll ever get into the game so I stopped trying months ago.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sims 4 is already a very good game so far, and no, I refuse to harp on toddlers. If they come, great, if they don't, I can live without them like I did in Sims 1. Which you probably don't even remember if you cannot get past toddlers. I am honestly quite tired of hearing about toddlers in the forums. Toddlers is an old complaint, and I think they know that we want them. At this point, complaining more isn't likely to help. They may be in the process of making them, but cannot necessarily guarantee the success of that process, so they don't want to get hopes up.

One thing I don't like about Sims 4 is that all the new features introduced in EP's, GP's, and SP's are described in detail in the marketing before it comes out, or on the first day it comes out. There are no additional unadvertised features to discover.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    My feelings on sims 4 is that the dev team tries to do what they can with scraps of a base game which was intended to be online only. There's only so much that they can do with the mechanics that they design/build the game on.

It's feels empty even with all the DLC and 2 ep's.
    Their silence on every question also speak volumes especially on Toddlers.

yeah exactly how i feel.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I do believe the dev team is trying to make a good game. The design choices they made (multitasking, etc.) have definitely put some interesting boundaries on things they can add (i.e., object babies since carrying them causes multitasking issues) but I still believe they're doing what they can to make the game the best it can be.

I personally don't feel like the limited information is an issue, but Sims isn't the only game I play. I've been mainlining Deus Ex for the past week so I've barely even thought about the Sims. Got rather caught up in Overwatch before that. But, I also feel like they've been clear enough about what they can and, more to the point, can't share about upcoming content. I think it says more that they don't speak about toddlers right now when they can't legally talk about upcoming free content since that implies that they are working on toddlers and that there's a good chance they'll either be free or released with some solid toddler content that's free. Compared to coming out and stating they aren't going to add them, like they did with CASt and open world. But that's just my opinion/guess about the toddler situation.

There are things I'd like to see them improve/add to the game. The emotions need to be tweaked. It would be nice if there were additional animations, emotions, or interactions based on a sim's traits. I really need some grungy things added. And they need to add more negative things into the game (more negative emotions, etc.). But overall, I think it's a solid, enjoyable game.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I like the game so far, but I feel like they released a whole lot at once, like they had dine out, then kid's stuff, then backyard stuff and then they went to absolutely nothing. Radio silence essentially, and that was a little strange to me. I like what we have and am hoping for more things to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Theyre trying to make do with what they have. They just dont have much.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EA is trying to make a game which can attract more new casual gamers and not doing much to satisfy veteran simmers.

But I don't agree with "has only had 2 real expansions in 2 years" because TS4 has actually had 2 EPs and 3 GPs and a third EP seems to be on its way. If we count GPs as half EPs then 3 EPs and 3GPs is equivalent to 4.5 traditional EPs which is more than the usual 2 EPs each year. Besides that TS4 has also had many more SPs than the earlier games had.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the dev team is doing their best, within the boundaries that are imposed on them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some interesting points in this thread :smile:

But I guess their focus is now on EP3, whenever that gets released.

As for the lack of toddlers, that has been flogged so much it just falls on death ears, not just the development team but even players here are growing tired of hearing about it.

But you can still play toddlers in the 'older games' if anyone really wants to play them :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    EA is trying to make a game which can attract more new casual gamers and not doing much to satisfy veteran simmers.

But I don't agree with "has only had 2 real expansions in 2 years" because TS4 has actually had 2 EPs and 3 GPs and a third EP seems to be on its way. If we count GPs as half EPs then 3 EPs and 3GPs is equivalent to 4.5 traditional EPs which is more than the usual 2 EPs each year. Besides that TS4 has also had many more SPs than the earlier games had.
    The problem is you can't count GP's as half EP's. They're far from that. And a third EP 'seeming to be on its way' (we're past two years now) doesn't count either.
    We are only past two years with 3 days in the US and only 1 day in Europe ;)

I believe that there is less than a month to the release of EP3 and I don't count days - only months and years :)

I think that I only had one GP when I still played TS4. But to me it was at least half an EP. I can't judge the later released GPs and EPs though.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    Nothing is perfect, ever, neither games nor person. A game can always be improved. I don't really believe that they're sat saying "Let's make this game the least enjoyable possible", which is what you seem to believe they're doing. I think you've got to adapt to the realities of the situation, which are fairly simple.

They can't and won't discuss future content. There's an NDA and laws covering this. They can be fired and sued for breaking the NDA, and I'm assuming prosecuted for breaking the law. It's been discussed in the forums to death. It won't change. That includes toddlers, or pretty much anything.

I don't mind that there's only been one EP a year. From the recent ask a guru thread, that looks set to continue. As far as I'm concerned, the frequency of the SP's and the GP's make up for it. That's me though.

I enjoy the game. Them saying what's coming or not doesn't alter that. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. If you don't, you don't. I know all the hand wringing and "...but they need to tell us stuff" isn't changing it. Why should I bother stressing myself out when I know no amount of begging, pleading or asking will change that one simple fact - they can't tell us things as we would like.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Nothing is perfect, ever, neither games nor person. A game can always be improved. I don't really believe that they're sat saying "Let's make this game the least enjoyable possible", which is what you seem to believe they're doing. I think you've got to adapt to the realities of the situation, which are fairly simple.

They can't and won't discuss future content. There's an NDA and laws covering this. They can be fired and sued for breaking the NDA, and I'm assuming prosecuted for breaking the law. It's been discussed in the forums to death. It won't change. That includes toddlers, or pretty much anything.

I don't mind that there's only been one EP a year. From the recent ask a guru thread, that looks set to continue. As far as I'm concerned, the frequency of the SP's and the GP's make up for it. That's me though.

I enjoy the game. Them saying what's coming or not doesn't alter that. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. If you don't, you don't. I know all the hand wringing and "...but they need to tell us stuff" isn't changing it. Why should I bother stressing myself out when I know no amount of begging, pleading or asking will change that one simple fact - they can't tell us things as we would like.

Well aid :smile:

I really wish that some people will stop grilling the Gurus for their silence and move on from it.

Live and let live, there is nothing players can do but provide feedback. If that feedback isn't being taken into account then that is unfortunate but regardless, the development team do not deserve the level of criticism that they when they are jus trying to do their jobs.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I think they should be more forthcoming in announcements. Being vocal forces their hand to change things being passive and apathetic just gives them license to produce half baked games and sell them to a complacent public. Imagine if they did in fact announce toddlers are coming that would seriously change the stakes of the game and get people to rethink the game. Conversely if they have strung us along all this time and then at the end of Sims 4 run say toddlers were never going to be included then there would be a massive backlash so they should be more frequent in announcements because all they are doing is creating speculations confusion and even some resentment.
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I honestly don't think they're trying at all, it feels like they gave up on this game. I remember when sims 3 was 2 years old, i was still playing it with excitement and the communication between the sims team and the players were better.
    Now almost 2 years into sims 4, the game still feels incomplete, people stop playing it and go back to previous games, there are no news except some speculations and the sims team is ignoring what most of the players want.
    I didn't even care for any stuff pack after get together, they include 1 gameplay object and the rest of the stuff isn't anything i can't get out of cc really.
    I just want to be excited to play this game again but i can't see a great future for it at the moment.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think they should be more forthcoming in announcements. Being vocal forces their hand to change things being passive and apathetic just gives them license to produce half baked games and sell them to a complacent public. Imagine if they did in fact announce toddlers are coming that would seriously change the stakes of the game and get people to rethink the game. Conversely if they have strung us along all this time and then at the end of Sims 4 run say toddlers were never going to be included then there would be a massive backlash so they should be more frequent in announcements because all they are doing is creating speculations confusion and even some resentment.

There's so many....I don't know what you'd call it in that. Us being vocal doesn't force them to change it. In fact from recent words spoken, entirely the opposite. The more vocal we are, the more they shut us out. Us buying (more so if you don't like the game) is what gives them license to produce 'half baked games'. It might, there again, the cost might outweigh the gain, because most of the people wanting toddlers already own the game. Therefore, not enough future sales in it.

And they're not going to break their NDA's for us, no matter how much we state that they should.

• cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2016
    They cant do anything for this game - its limitations are baked in, but I'm sure they've noted the backlash to this half baked game and, though all hope is lost on Sims 4, the screams of the disenchanted will no doubt still be ringing in the ears if they make another Sims lol
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I think that the sims community would be far more content with the game if the communication was better. There's so many things people have been relentlessly asking for since the game's release and we're not going to stop asking for them until we get some solid feedback.
    Will we ever have toddlers or are they not coming to the game?
    Will there ever be pets or are they not coming to the game?
    Are cars currently in development?
    Are universities currently in development?
    Will we ever get magic, celebrities, beaches, etc.?
    I do think TS4 is a great game. It runs smoothly, I love the style, build mode is fantastic, and emotions are wonderful, but the game is still incomplete because it's missing a lot in the base game. I'm still going to keep playing it, but maybe that's the problem because they don't think they have to make changes as long as we're still playing and buying their content.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree