Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Hello!

"No Place Like Home" is a colorful, yet traditional home as anyone would like to live in! :) I like it very much just like all your other builds! <3
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you all so very much for your lovely, kind comments @follyfoot, @RyeCris16, @yanti68, @lisa17ann, @Junebug6620, @suepea, @Nejioranaid and @lisi_ja! I truly appreciate each of you taking the time to have a look and leave such wonderful remarks :blush:<3<3

I got a little worried that all that yellow might be a little overwhelming for some, so I redid the exterior of the home but left everything else exactly the same. Here's a pic of the new exterior:

08-28-16_1-39-13nbspPM_zpsoxh9jx1z.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    The new texture of the exterior looks very nice! :) It is great that simmers can decide and download which version of your very nice home that they would like to have for their game.
    Devonshire Cottage 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $208,601
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is a gift for the very lovely @follyfoot. She is always so kind and gracious to all. I have admired her homes and learned so much from her over the years. I always think of her while I'm working on a cottage... hers are always so wonderfully done with so many unique details. I always look forward to taking a walk through her latest build. :blush: So when I saw the inspiration picture of this home, I immediately thought of Folly. I wanted it to have that comfortable old fashioned feel on the interior, with lots of flower gardens to wander through or just sit in and enjoy.

Here are some pictures of the exterior:

08-11-16_12-50-01nbspPM_zpsunkvkkc9.png
    08-10-16_9-02-48nbspPM_zpsc6t4yltb.png
    08-11-16_12-53-31nbspPM_zpsd3gfeitr.png

Of course After I uploaded it, I wished I had done something more with the sides... like adding some ivy or awnings or something. I played around with adding some ivy and I have a picture of how it would look but I decided not to upload a new version of it. I really think it looks much better with the ivy though....

08-28-16_1-31-18nbspPM_zpsvmrpluiz.png

Roof views and floor plans:

08-11-16_1-03-41nbspPM_zpsmcx08mkk.png
    08-10-16_9-04-23nbspPM_zpsenrbnlcs.png
    08-10-16_9-04-35nbspPM_zpsanotwmqc.png

Entrances to the back gardens:

08-11-16_1-04-43nbspPM_zps9gsdhdgl.png
    08-11-16_1-08-28nbspPM_zpsoicmxjph.png
    08-11-16_1-09-12nbspPM_zpsd3dmrmhh.png
    08-10-16_9-08-10nbspPM_zpsn80hiq78.png

And now let's head inside for a peek. The study is the first room you come to, then a small hall with bench and on through to the kitchen:

08-11-16_1-04-27nbspPM_zpsjnz8dp7q.png
    08-11-16_1-14-16nbspPM_zpsssj8wifv.png
    08-10-16_9-10-44nbspPM_zpslkrh2dp0.png
    08-11-16_1-15-54nbspPM_zpspxkfax4y.png
    08-11-16_1-15-35nbspPM_zpsgt2d7rdr.png

The dining room is just off the kitchen...you probably saw a glimpse of it by the bench. The living room is on one side of the dining room and an enclosed sun porch on the other:

08-11-16_1-16-20nbspPM_zpsrmueukui.png
    08-10-16_9-14-32nbspPM_zpswllmwq34.png
    08-11-16_1-17-12nbspPM_zpsga2al0xa.png

Upstairs there are four bedrooms and two baths. There's the master en suite, a girls room, boys room and a nursery, just off the master:

08-10-16_9-16-04nbspPM_zps5uc2qqrv.png
    08-10-16_9-16-16nbspPM_zpsjwnerwhc.png
    08-10-16_9-18-51nbspPM_zpsr9r30zgf.png
    08-11-16_1-18-18nbspPM_zpsgk6zo21r.png
    08-10-16_9-20-00nbspPM_zpscxxtxfpx.png
    08-10-16_9-20-24nbspPM_zpsv3nrpv8r.png
    08-10-16_9-19-30nbspPM_zpspbschbpg.png
    08-11-16_1-19-40nbspPM_zpsbfeivgr9.png

And that's about it. I hope you like it, Folly! <3 Thanks to all for taking a look and Goodnight!

08-10-16_9-21-34nbspPM_zpsygfwbbku.png
    @rosemow, Thank you sweet Rose! :)<3 I think I must have been posting Folly's home when you sent your post. Thanks again! :blush:
    edited August 2016
    Devonshire Cottage is such a very special gift home to Follyfoot! :) It is such a very homely and nice cottage! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks so very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior! The planter box windows look nice. The front fencing looks great and the flowers look very pretty along the edges of it and the front edges and pathway of the home! The flowers and plants in the outdoors areas look so very, very nice! The nook area with the pool, ballerina statue and water fountain looks pretty! The harvestable garden planters look nice along the edges of the home. It looks very nice how the windows are placed in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The study room is very nice! Very nice brown wall paneling! Nice corner nook study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer. They will enjoy resting on the armchairs reading a book from the bookcase. The kitchen is very nice! The stove looks great angled into the corner, and the teapot wall shelves look homely. Very nice dining room! The blue and brown colour scheme looks very nice. The type of dining chairs used looks nice, and the flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when dining there. The crockery display cases look, great in the room and the floor rugs here and in the rooms through the home add to the nice look of the rooms. Very nice living room! It is nice that the sofas are facing each other. Sims will enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire chatting face to face and listening to music from the gramophone. The teaset and books are nice touches on the coffee table. The sun porch room is so very nice! It is very nice area for sims to rest in the armchairs with sunshine coming in through the windows, and have a read or listen to music. The plants look very nice there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms and nursery! The pink and white colour scheme of the girls room looks very pretty! The bird pictures look nice on the bedhead wall areas. The sims will have fun playing with the dollhouse. Very nice study desk nook areas in the kids bedrooms. The items on the bedside tables in the master bedroom are nice home touches. Very nice fireplace corner sitting and reading nook in the room. Teddy looks cute in the nursery!
    The home is a lovely gift, from and to special people <3
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, just some long overdue kudos from me for your latest builds! I've been keeping up in the Gallery when I can, but just completely lost track of this forum. Loved each of your restaurants; Treetop Dining was such a special one though and really appeals to my love of fantasy. The homes are each constructed and decorated to perfection. I'm particularly fond of your two latest; Sunflower Farm is just delightful and such a great gift for Cassee, and No Place Like Home just suits my playstyle perfectly. I'm always eager to see what you'll come up with next, and I hope not to be such a stranger in your thread going forward. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Pokemonlove33Pokemonlove33 Posts: 115 Member
    These buildings all look so lovely! I love the work you have done on building them. :)
    Windmill, windmill for the land, turn forever hand in hand It's coming up, it's DARE What's the matter with me? Turning us into monsters, turning us into fire It's the music that we choose The verdict doesn't love our soul Everybody party time I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad Magic make no sound
    @rosemow, Thank you for your very lovely comments, Rose! Very much appreciated, as always :blush:<3

@BryonyRae, Thank you for your wonderfully kind comments, Bry! <3 Can't tell you how much it means to hear that someone actually enjoys playing with a home... That is truly The Best compliment! :blush: And please don't worry about visiting... I know you get here when you can. I've been having trouble keeping up with everything too... I guess we could just blame it on the summer :p

Nice to meet you @Pokemonlove33! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! :blush:
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Your latest cottage is just so beautiful! And what a lovely gift for @follyfoot ! :smiley:
    Thank you so much @StSciurus! :smile:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hey Cath, great to see the pics of the Devonshire Cottage! I love English cottages and yours looks so charming! The architecture has definitely the curb appeal! Gorgeous garden. Makes me want to take a stroll in the garden. LOL! :D Stunning interiors too. Looks so homely and welcoming. Already added to my favourites. <3<3<3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Very beautiful home Cath. I'm sure sweet Folly will love it!
    @yanti68, Thank you for the sweet comments and fave, Yanti :blush: Very kind of you! <3

@BreeMiles, Hello Bree! Thank you for your wonderful comments :smile: It's always lovely to hear from you <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Devonshire Cottage is a very beautiful gift for Folly :) I love the architectural design and the gorgeous landscaping with the cottage garden plants and winding paths :) The interiors are designed to perfection as are all your builds :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited August 2016
    Stunning Ms Cath, Your builds are always perfectly charming with a touch of 'home'.

Now, I haven't been playing, what's this Ms Bry said about a farm for me!!!!

Sorry, gotta load game....be right back♥♥

I'm back......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

OMG!! Red/Sunflower bedroom...awesome! Huge Red kitchen....awesome!! Far-out teen room....awesome!! Sweet angels room....awesome!! RED living room....awesome!! Playroom, study, gym, outdoor fun....oh, I almost forgot...

Potting shed!!! Yes!! A potting shed!!! Soooooo awesome!!! I'll say it again...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!! Awesome!!

Super excited....gonna go play now....toodles♥♥♥

Great big mountain grizzly size hug!!

Thank you, Sweet Cath♥♥♥
    Post edited by Cassee on
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for your very generous comments @masajo! They are very much appreciated, as I consider your building and landscaping techniques, to be among the very best :blush:<3

@Cassee, Hahahaha! :D:D You always crack me up, Cass! You even had my daughters laughing when I read your comments to them :p

I made both yours and Folly's homes before we went away for two weeks... Probably not the best idea, lol. I only had time to put them on the gallery before we left, so that's why I am so late in posting them here. Thank you however, for your more than enthusiastic reply. <3<3 I am SO happy that you like the home! :blush: Gonna put it in the next post :mrgreen:
    edited September 2016
    Sunflower Farm 6br, 4ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $344,412
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is a gift for one of my most favorite sim friends.... @Cassee. <3 She always knows just the right thing to say and she can always put a smile on your face and make you laugh. Two things I know for sure that she loves, are the color red and sunflowers. So I made her this farm house.

I hope you enjoy playing with it, as much as I enjoyed building it for you, Cass! <3<3

It's a good sized home for a large family with six bedrooms, all on the second floor. The main floor has large kitchen with breakfast nook, living room, dining room, study, small gym and playroom. There are covered porches on both the front and the back, for relaxing. Outdoors there's a nice pool, dining area, fire pit, play area and a private patio for painting or playing chess. There's a garden on the side, with all Perfect Quality fruits and veggies. And there's a cute little potting shed for, well.....potting plants :p or woodworking. There are sunflowers Everywhere, both indoors and out. So here we go!

Some exterior pics:

08-12-16_1-05-01nbspPM_zpsshoere5d.png
    08-12-16_1-06-06nbspPM_zpsfnux7q3f.png
    08-12-16_1-06-24nbspPM_zpsyevf8s4v.png
    08-12-16_1-06-38nbspPM_zps4a8civvm.png

Roof view and floor plans:

08-12-16_1-14-23nbspPM_zps1whfwajj.png
    08-12-16_1-14-44nbspPM_zpskppor6pj.png
    08-12-16_1-15-10nbspPM_zps7sbuevkh.png

And now for a walk around the property.
    The entrance on the right side which leads to that private patio, then onto the kids play area:

08-12-16_1-09-03nbspPM_zps4rtqvw9i.png
    08-12-16_1-09-57nbspPM_zpskxaj5gmi.png
    08-12-16_1-10-36nbspPM_zpsvuujplek.png

Across the back of the home is the pool area and fire pit:

08-12-16_1-11-06nbspPM_zpspeumdedw.png
    08-12-16_1-12-08nbspPM_zpsgczjqlpm.png

This is the entrance to the yard from the left side of the home. It leads to the garden and the potting shed:

08-12-16_1-07-10nbspPM_zpszjc8xchn.png
    08-12-16_1-07-43nbspPM_zpsddo5qqwh.png
    08-12-16_1-13-09nbspPM_zpsegq5cvf5.png
    08-12-16_1-13-28nbspPM_zpsgkjkwlu6.png
    08-12-16_1-13-48nbspPM_zpso571ubel.png

And now, let's head inside the home for a look. On entering the hall, the dining room is on the right with the kitchen and breakfast nook, just beyond:

08-12-16_1-08-42nbspPM_zpsvr6ol2c2.png
    08-12-16_1-15-50nbspPM_zps7ojxsxg9.png
    08-12-16_1-16-04nbspPM_zpsog9ymg7u.png
    08-12-16_1-17-19nbspPM_zps6sx3qqfn.png
    08-12-16_1-18-25nbspPM_zpszvvzvgvo.png

Across the back of the home is the living room with the study to the left and the play area and gym, are straight ahead:

08-12-16_1-16-44nbspPM_zpsko2iefs6.png
    08-12-16_1-20-04nbspPM_zpsnqh0ajo5.png
    08-12-16_1-19-18nbspPM_zps4qtaks5v.png
    08-12-16_1-19-08nbspPM_zpsafccxqgx.png

Upstairs there's the master suite:

08-12-16_1-20-50nbspPM_zpsagvmcgv3.png
    08-12-16_1-21-15nbspPM_zpse6efms9w.png

The nursery, young girls room and teen girls room:

08-12-16_1-22-18nbspPM_zpschbfuylz.png
    08-12-16_1-22-34nbspPM_zps7b8mswfl.png
    08-12-16_1-21-32nbspPM_zpsqn7lhdyt.png

The younger boys room and one for a teen boy:

08-12-16_1-22-09nbspPM_zpslcqnkhha.png
    08-12-16_1-21-57nbspPM_zpsalqtk4yx.png

And there we have it! I forgot to take my night time photo, so I will edit as soon as I have that.

EDIT: Finally remembered to get that night time picture :wink:

Thanks for having a look and Goodnight!

09-07-16_8-50-56nbspPM_zpsrzjbodtr.png
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
    Thank you Bree! <3<3
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wow! Beautiful work! Again!! :D I know I don't get much time to comment but I love your stuff. Both the cottage and the farm are just.... I NEED IT NOW!!!!! The farm is the perfect house for a big family and gardeners - which tend to be most of my sims! LOL. My only complaint to you is: now I need to buy both Kid's Room and Backyard!!!! Hahahaha! I can only buy one though, and I am really trying to wait till the holidays when they (hopefully) go on sale. But your use of the stuff! Ahhhh.

Also, thanks about my avi! It's from TS3 and I've had it forever, but I just don't have the heart to change it! I love it too :) hehe.

Gah, I'm at work... I just want to go home and play (though I probably won't have time tonight - but maybe I can at least download your lots!). I have been building again, a little. Did a couple BnS challenges, they're always good to improve the skills! Might need to to a free-build soon with no restrictions though! Ok, done rambling lol. So happy to see your lovely builds!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Sunflower Farm is a fantastic build and a wonderful gift :) The exterior layout is exquisite, I love all the different areas and the pathways leading to them, very realistic and the garden shed is the best :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    SunFlower Cottage looks such a very happy and sunny farm home! :) Very nice red colour of the exterior of the home! The layout of the build and exterior design of the home looks so very nice! The roofing is very nice in the home! The white fencing looks great in the build. The sunflowers look so very, very sunny through the outdoors and indoors areas! Very nice fenced harvestable garden area! It is great that they are perfect quality. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants. The potting and woodwork shed is great! Nice open doors entrance to the shed. Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the table. The tools wall decor, the crates and the plants on the table, shelf and floor there look great! Very nice roof covered front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats there enjoying the nice sunny sight of the sunflowers. The flowers along the edge of the porch look sunny! The outdoors art and games patio is very nice. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there or playing chess in the outdoors air, with the nice flower plants setting. Very nice outdoors dining and pool patio! Sims will enjoying eating meals poolside at the umbrella covered table and have fun swimming in the pool. The flowers and plants on the edges of the patio look very nice! Very nice kids nook! They will have fun putting on puppet theatre performances or sitting on the patterned stools watching the performance. They will have fun playing with the dollhouse or on the monkey bars . Nice firepit nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the log seats having a chat and toasting food on the fire. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red colour scheme of the rooms looks so very nice! The breakfast nook dining area is very nice ! The red colour of the walls, the sunflowers wall picture and the sunflowers on the table are nice touches there. The wall clock is homely. Very nice dining room! The type of dining chairs used looks nice. The flowers and teaset are nice touches on the side table. The sunflowers on the table are sunny for sims to see when dining, The mirrors are a nice touch on the staircase hallway wall. The sunflowers through the home looks so nice! The living room looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the red sofas and armchairs watching tv in front of the fire and listening to music from the gramophone or piano. The music corner nook is great. Very nice design of the kitchen! The red wallls and the white cabinets look nice together. It is great that there is an island bar stool counter. The kids playroom is a fun place for then to enjoy playing the llama table top game or do artwork on the activity table. The orange colour of the walls looks nice! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The butterflies look so pretty on the girls bedrooms walls! The green wall colour and the sunflower pictures look so nice in the master bedroom ! The study desk nooks are nice touches in the bedrooms. The skeleton looks scary in the teen boys bedroom! The brown, blue and orange colour schemes of the boys bedrooms look nice.
    The home is such a special gift to Cassee! :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath So lovely to see the beautiful Devonshire Cottage it is such a gorgeous build so many wonderful ideas with Moo and little nooks for my sim to escape and read . I have created the Travell family to live in this wonderful home. :)
    08-31-16_3-25-45nbspPM_zps5nzpqqmj.png
    But I think Mrs Travell should work on her cooking skills, the hot dog meal looks out of place in this lovely dining room. :)
    08-30-16_9-44-20nbspPM_zpsyf88ausd.png
    Thank you Cath for this beautiful build your kindness and support. :)<3 Big Hugs Folly