Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How has your game playing changed since the transgender/cross dressing update?

I know that Simmers all over the world are now able to create the Sims that better represent their storytelling as well as your own selves. Personally, I haven't really played with these features yet, but I have used feminine hair on my male Sims for better long hair styles. How important was that update for you? What are you able to do now that you were never able to do before? What are your thoughts on the update? How has your game play/storytelling changed since? Are you able to relate to the game better now? How do you think more improvements such as this could be made to the game?

BTW I think it would be really cool to create a Drag Race in The Sims 4 now!

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's not a feature that I'm interested in myself but it was touching to read how much it meant to some people, so I am happy we got it for them. :) I have a bit of a glitch in one of my Saves where game-generated male Sims are wearing female shoes, and this isn't supposed to happen so hopefully this will be addressed in the future. :)
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Eh, I almost forget its there. I'm just not interested in making a male Sim that likes to wear all female clothing, or a woman that's able to get others pregnant. There's nothing wrong with those, it's just not the way I play.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've been able to create a couple of trans characters from films I like. Other than that it's a non-issue.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    i like that my lesbian sims doesn't have too cheat on their partner to get pregnant
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I simply stopped playing :P
    I know that Simmers all over the world are now able to create the Sims that better represent their storytelling as well as your own selves. Personally, I haven't really played with these features yet, but I have used feminine hair on my male Sims for better long hair styles. How important was that update for you? What are you able to do now that you were never able to do before? What are your thoughts on the update? How has your game play/storytelling changed since? Are you able to relate to the game better now? How do you think more improvements such as this could be made to the game?

BTW I think it would be really cool to create a Drag Race in The Sims 4 now!

Er, when you say "drag race", what exactly are you referring to?
  • sassy_simmer727sassy_simmer727 Posts: 87 Member
    I have used the getting male sims pregnant feature a few times, mainly if I have a gay couple (#phan) that I want to have kids. It is very cool and I am glad that sims developers are open minded enough to add this <3
    Happy simming to all and to all a good night.
  • WildSafari8WildSafari8 Posts: 55 Member
    @BabySquare Like the reality competition show RuPaul's Drag Race, where crossdressing males compete in modeling competitions.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've made a Bob Ross sim with the afro that was originally female only for some reason, and I've been able to make more tomboyish girls, but other than that I haven't done much with it either. I'm glad the options are there but they haven't affected my game much. Would've been better if you could check off Sims to be unable to get pregnant by aliens though.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    @BabySquare Like the reality competition show RuPaul's Drag Race, where crossdressing males compete in modeling competitions.

I see. My understanding of a drag race is an event of a vehicular variety.
    @BabySquare RuPaul's Drag Race is a TV show where drag queens try to win - kind of a similar format to America's Next Top Model.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited August 2016
    I love that I don't have to cheat same-sex pregnancy...so it has changed my stories. For my legacy I don't have to worry about who my heirs fall in love with and if it'll continue the bloodline or not. I haven't done much with the clothing options except for one male sim, and male tops on females.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    @BabySquare LOL Sometimes I think the same thing. Personally I don't watch drag races (in both meanings of the term), but it's cool, that people could create them now!
    BabySquare wrote: »

I think it's a play on words of a literal Drag Race involving cars. :)
    Simanite wrote: »
    @BabySquare RuPaul's Drag Race is a TV show where drag queens try to win - kind of a similar format to America's Next Top Model.

Thanks for the clarification; makes me think of cars.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member

lol when i saw the commercial I thought the show was drag queens car racing
    @mirta000 You know you don't have to use the features, right?
    I've made a Bob Ross sim with the afro that was originally female only for some reason, and I've been able to make more tomboyish girls, but other than that I haven't done much with it either. I'm glad the options are there but they haven't affected my game much. Would've been better if you could check off Sims to be unable to get pregnant by aliens though.

Is your Bob Ross sim available on the gallery by any chance?
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

That's what I thought at first too lol
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    lejoninna wrote: »

Shame it isn't; I might have watched that.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I keep meaning to create new Sims using the new feature but I'm so wrapped up in my current Sim xD I have, however, been using everything now. I love the unisex clothes and hair! I always like when my Sim can wear her husband's t-shirt to bed I think it's so cute :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    @BabySquare @DreamsInPixels Random question, lol. How do you respond to specific text in post replies, like you guys are doing now?
    @BabySquare @DreamsInPixels Random question, lol. How do you respond to specific text in post replies, like you guys are doing now?

You hit the "quote button in blue just under the text of their post. It's 2nd from the left.
    There are some clothes I wouldn't mind my Sims wearing that belong to the opposite gender, because they look unisex to me - but the issue is a lot of the clothes still have clipping issues on the other gender, making males look like they have breasts and women look like they have triangular breasts. But I understand this update was a big undertaking for the team, and they have stated they're looking into improving the meshes of some of the assets. :)

You hit the "quote button in blue just under the text of their post. It's 2nd from the left.

Oh thanks! XD