Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling Catdog123... You're my buddy!

60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hello, @Catdog123, and welcome to your gifting thread. *waves*

I was so excited to find out that you were my buddy, especially after I read your letter. You like so many of the same things I do and I was so glad to see that you own many of the store sets because *whispers* I love them so! <3 I tried my best to cut down on the store content and mostly stick with the items I knew that you had, especially within the biggest gift. I'm not sure how well I did in the end, but if I placed anything in there that you don't have, lemme know. >:) That said, the biggest gift won't be revealed just yet. I'm gonna start out with (much) smaller gifts, first. I only made two of those, so I plan to put little teases for that final throughout this gifting period to stretch it out. :) I suppose you could also enjoy those gifts more that way, as well.

Anyway, I hope you like what I've come up with! I tried to check off little bits and pieces of your letter. I only wish I could have done more within the time allotted to us.

Now, LET'S PARTAY! :mrgreen:

tumblr_ldv8jzmyhn1qc7j5lo1_500.gif
Post edited by 60smusicluvr on

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited August 2016
    GIFT ONE - DOWNLOAD

There's quite a bit of love I put into the creation of my simmies. I love trying to make different features from the sliders provided to us by EA and when I find combinations that happen to look differently than the average townie, while still being gorgeous, you bet I save that sim. B) I'm so happy that I could find that combination for you, @Catdog123. Mack Ando might be the cutest male sim I've ever made.

Screenshot-44_zpscpz5qkcj.jpg

Looks different + cutie pie + nice personality = perfect single sim for dating.

Screenshot-43_zps2yomexr2.jpg

I found my inspiration online. I really wanted to do a Japanese sim and I think he looks pretty authentic, especially without the facial hair (but I couldn't let it go!).

Screenshot-56_zpszdlqagfp.jpg

^ Um. He's just really hot... no, really (that's his reaction to the hot sun). ;)

Screenshot-46_zpsavngrq6n.jpg

At the Summer Festival, scoping out chicks, I suppose. :D
    edited August 2016
    GIFT TW0 - DOWNLOAD

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure how to put this next gift and my plan for him in a coherent sentence. In one way, I wanted this sim to appear as average as they come because people have a habit of making sims that are only good looking. On the other hand, I wanted him to be gorgeous. So, how do I put these opposites into a single sim?

My first thought was to find a model. Someone interesting looking. So after quick thought, I decided Eric Balfour (actor) was a good pick. I just thought he had features that are unusual to find in the sims... Like his chin, longer nose and such.
    cast_duke_crocker.jpg?itok=eAtMabHx

Gosh. It was hard to capture his looks and features in TS3. I think, actually, the process of making this sim took me longer than any other. I remember checking the time before and after I was done with just the sliders alone - at least an hour! :o Even then, I still didn't get it quite right. I was and am satisfied with the final results, regardless.

So, here he is!

Screenshot-80_zpsxl2cd1t3.jpg

:D JK!

This is what he looks like (when he's not singing karaoke). ;)

Screenshot-122_zpst8j0r844.jpg

His number one interest is fishing, so as you can see, here, I tried to get his everyday look to match that. He also wears nasty, worn shoes, which I thought was fitting. :blush: As a side note, I had three sets of traits for him and angler was the only one that remained in all three. Hot-headed did not look good on him in game. :s CHANGE! *Goes to forums* *Finds out that Nigel has 4 of the same traits Christopher Steel has* *Reads Christopher Steel is boooooring!* :'( CHANGE!

He also has a little resemblance to a Nigel Thornberry, so whatever his name was before, I changed it! :D

raf,220x200,075,f,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Now, where's the gorgeous sim, you ask?

Screenshot-62_zpsse2bhtqq.jpg

Ooh La La! :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

I also tested Nigel Donaghue with other hairstyles, so that you can see other potential ways to dress him!

potentials_zpsi8pk4zpm.png

@Catdog123, I hope you like the results. :grimace:
    edited August 2016
    GIFT THREE - DOWNLOAD

I bet this one will be image heavy. I hope I don't break my own thread! :D

I scrapped two lots before I felt satisfied with this one. It began in Lucky Palms and then changed to Sunlit Tides and then back to Lucky Palms (after the first two, I gave up and felt it would be better to keep making sims, so I'd at least have something to gift you, @Catdog123, while I think of something)... Anyway, I wanted to make something that would compliment your favorite worlds and those two were the only ones I felt confident to make you something special in. :blush:

Screenshot-108_zpsj6owq09k.jpg

This is the view from the front. I remember you said you liked nice landscaping and colors on the cool end of the spectrum, so I combined the two and have mostly blue plants. I added the yellows in there for a little extra pop. :) Doing the build itself was much harder than that, though. I decided to use large windows and lots of them. Hmm... I think I remember something about that in your letter, too. ;) I put my own little touch on the outside with the wood and stone. I love that rustic look. Can't resist it. I continued that on the inside. :smiley:

Screenshot-139_zpsvjjgzzjv.jpg

There's the air conditioning, hidden away, on the right side of the lot. Through the gate is just a space for gardening. I opted not to use spawners on the lot, so if you want to do that or do it the old fashioned way, knock yourself out!

Screenshot-158_zpsq4i26luu.jpg
    Screenshot-157_zpsq8t3kukf.jpg

My main concern in all three of the builds I made was finding a place for a decent sized pool and I was hoping to place it on a smaller lot, since you suggested them. So, the house only takes up about half the lot, which provides space for a lot of outdoor activities, which is ideal for this family home. :smiley:

Screenshot-136_zpsdgfzih3g.jpg

I really like this peek, here.

Screenshot-137_zpsvhs9hb7p.jpg

So, this is the entryway. It's filled with a lot of memorabilia and clutter.

Screenshot-130_zps99hjihli.jpg

The first thing I did was the kitchen. It's filled with the majority of the store content that I told you about. I mixed and matched pieces from Latenight and the bayside set... Since the home is pretty small and I love families, placing the kitchen in the center allowed it to double as a hallway.

Screenshot-127_zpsvuzusix1.jpg

These chairs are a little funky. Upon placing them, I realized that they did not work. Went searching through the forums and found out that they must be installed separate from the set. :s So, I uninstalled the set from the launcher, but the game was still telling me that the chairs were installed, so I had to search through every.single.store.item.i.own.to.find.these.set.pieces. ARGGGHHH! ***BREAKING NEWS!*** IT WORKS NOW! The door you see there goes to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture. It's easily the most relaxed place in the whole home... I would like to make an entire home that gives off that feel, sometime. I just dunno if I have the talent.

Screenshot-123_zpslsn4nt1l.jpg

This room determined everything. When I was finished, I was like "I can't turn back now. I hope he like it!" So, I tried to give each room these weird decor pieces to make it all flow. Originally, I also had a much bolder wood thing going on and I was like "no." Too much going on, so I switched it out.

Screenshot-135_zpstw3yop76.jpg

The study's kind of fun, yet annoying. I mean, look at all the circle-y colors and stuffs! :dizzy:

Screenshot-148_zpsyf947rw8.jpg

I really like this room, upstairs.

Screenshot-161_zpslvwhmfhf.jpg

The nursery is kind of cute, too. It's slightly bigger than the child's bedroom and slightly smaller than the master.

Screenshot-153_zpsehjoriw0.jpg

I really like that hat and the candle holder on the dresser. Also has yet another item from Mid-Century Fantasy ( if you haven't noticed already, I used that set *TONS*). Like I said before, just lemme know if you're missing something. I've got simpoints to spend. >:)

Screenshot-151_zpsn9xa1oql.jpg

The laundry and All-In-One bathroom combine to make things more convenient for this family home.

Screenshot-109_zpsqitfjt5p.jpg

And I'll give you this one last shot from above. I made it on some other lot, but here it's placed next to a row of other houses. I deleted the 40 X 40 blank lot that was there, before, and placed my 30 X 30, instead. Think it fits in nicely.

Anyway, enough of my rambling! Enjoy!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Mack Ando is huh... huh... handsome! He looks like a fun guy to have in game.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    hmmmm, I wonder how well he'd get along with some of my sims ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited August 2016
    I really like how you colored his hair the dark green gives it an ombre sort of look which gives the hair a unique look. Thats also one of my favorite hair styles. I really like authentic looking Asian sims as thats pretty hard to do in sims 3 sometimes and he looks great. :) I have been playing a single female sim recently. They may just have to meet in game. :) Looking forward to seeing what else is coming. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    HOTTIE ALERT!! HOTTIE ALERT!!

Mm - mm - mm.... *wolf whistles* Mack is one YUMMY looking dude!! Nice job, @60smusic.

**Will definitely rec later
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Mack Ando looks pretty darn hot already xD very well done! I'm sure he'll find his way into many hearts... euh... games ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Ooh, I like. I can see potential for this guy. ;) Have left you a rec and will grab him later, um his download. Right now I need to go put up my next gift for you.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Mack Ando is huh... huh... handsome! He looks like a fun guy to have in game.

Hee! Well, Mack did get into a little trouble when errrrm... I was testing something.
    Screenshot-64_zpsia2lewwt.jpg
    Screenshot-105_zpsye5oegej.jpg

So, that was actually my first alien abduction in the Sims 3. :o
    hmmmm, I wonder how well he'd get along with some of my sims ;)

He has the irresistible trait, so... ;)
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    I really like how you colored his hair the dark green gives it an ombre sort of look which gives the hair a unique look. Thats also one of my favorite hair styles. I really like authentic looking Asian sims as thats pretty hard to do in sims 3 sometimes and he looks great. :) I have been playing a single female sim recently. They may just have to meet in game. :) Looking forward to seeing what else is coming. :smiley:

Yay! I'm glad. I'm actually not used to giving my sims any bold color hair, but I've been wanting to do that for quite awhile. I liked how EA separated the parts in this haircut, so rather that just having highlights, it's an entire section. :) Double yay! I hope you like what I have in store. I'm not sure the biggy or even this next gift is quite what you want...
    I decided to make male sims my priority for gifting, since I find them harder to make and I usually spend most of my time in CAS working on females. After doing this exchange, I think I know why. There's just not enough outfits for males to wear. :s I was hoping to work on some females, too, but just never got the chance. :'( I was running out of time to get the big one going in a satisfactory way and just had to figure something out.

...But I hope you like the results!
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    HOTTIE ALERT!! HOTTIE ALERT!!

Mm - mm - mm.... *wolf whistles* Mack is one YUMMY looking dude!! Nice job, @60smusic.

**Will definitely rec later

Haha! Thank you. :D
    Mack Ando looks pretty darn hot already xD very well done! I'm sure he'll find his way into many hearts... euh... games ;)

He's a looker, not gonna lie. ;)
    suzses wrote: »
    Ooh, I like. I can see potential for this guy. ;) Have left you a rec and will grab him later, um his download. Right now I need to go put up my next gift for you.

That's the plan! >:)

Looked and commented!
    (also noticed that you commented on my comment as I was commenting about these comments :D )
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, yeah, what they all said. Definitely HOT!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    He is VERY cute. I like how you got the epicanthic folds on his eyes; I've never been able to do that, and I've tried. I probably just don't know the right slider to use.

I'll just have to steal this guy. ;)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Oh Yeah! There are a few ladies from the last exchange that will defiantly want to meet up with him >:)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Oooo, single cute guy sim! *steals* I know some single gal simmies who will be thrilled to meet him!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You've had so much fun with these guys! They would make great roommates I think!
    Nigel Donaghue is quite the character! Clicked on the download link before scrolling down to read post, got a chuckle as soon as he popped up in his safari hat. That face... so many expressions... looks pretty amazing in all those different hairstyles. Thinking this sim might see a whole bunch of siblings in someone's game. :*
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited August 2016
    Nigel looks like a lot of fun. I can see the resemblance to both Eric and Nigel in his face. I LOVED the Wild Thornberries so that definitely makes me happy. :smiley: and that picture of Nigel Thornberry just cracks me up for some reason. :lol: He would be a fun sim to play through the world adventure's content I think. Hmm may have a new save file to set up now lol its been a while since I traveled in game. I really like sims with a lot of character so he is awesome. I am loling at the picture of him with his head clipping through the ceiling. I might change him to the hair style in the top right of that picture of him with other hairs. Think that really suits the sim nicely. :) Looking forward to see him and Mack in game. :)
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I like Nigel quite a bit, too. You do a great job creating sims with "character," and I think you must have a blast doing it. He works surprisingly well with the different hairstyle choices.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Oooo very fun looking men! Quite cute too, bwahahaha

Good job! Rec'd
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Another hottie?!?? *has to grab fan --- starts fanning self*

60smusic -- Wow! Another great job.

@CatDog - I never heard of that show
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Could it be, could this one be cuter than the other? I think he might be! I'm definitely adding him to my game!

What an interesting and handsome looking Sim! I personally love long noses on guys (in real life, as well as in Sims), and sometimes I've deliberately lengthened a Sim's nose to get what I consider an aristocratic look. I don't know who Eric Balfour is (I don't watch TV, and I rarely see movies), but he's handsome, and so is your Sim. Good choice for a model! :)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ooo, another cute guy for my sim gals to drool over! Nigel is very unique, he'll really stand out! And fun to see how you played around with hair/wardrobe choices...he looks great in everything! ;)
    ciane wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, what they all said. Definitely HOT!
    Thanks! :D
    ciane wrote: »
    You've had so much fun with these guys! They would make great roommates I think!

It would be interesting! All the ladies would fight over them. However, Nigel might have to do some convincing with that everyday outfit. Yikes! :s:tongue:
    He is VERY cute. I like how you got the epicanthic folds on his eyes; I've never been able to do that, and I've tried. I probably just don't know the right slider to use.

I'll just have to steal this guy. ;)

Aww. Thank you. :blush: Photos online helped me bunches.
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Oh Yeah! There are a few ladies from the last exchange that will defiantly want to meet up with him >:)

:smirk:
    Oooo, single cute guy sim! *steals* I know some single gal simmies who will be thrilled to meet him!

That's the plan! :smirk:>:)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Nigel Donaghue is quite the character! Clicked on the download link before scrolling down to read post, got a chuckle as soon as he popped up in his safari hat. That face... so many expressions... looks pretty amazing in all those different hairstyles. Thinking this sim might see a whole bunch of siblings in someone's game. :*

Lol. I bet. :D Yeah, I just had to show the other hairstyles. He wasn't meant to be pretty in everyday wear with his icky shoes and hat. Bwhahaha. But you see the potential, right? :wink:
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Nigel looks like a lot of fun. I can see the resemblance to both Eric and Nigel in his face. I LOVED the Wild Thornberries so that definitely makes me happy. :smiley: and that picture of Nigel Thornberry just cracks me up for some reason. :lol: He would be a fun sim to play through the world adventure's content I think. Hmm may have a new save file to set up now lol its been a while since I traveled in game. I really like sims with a lot of character so he is awesome. I am loling at the picture of him with his head clipping through the ceiling. I might change him to the hair style in the top right of that picture of him with other hairs. Think that really suits the sim nicely. :) Looking forward to see him and Mack in game. :)

SMASHING! :D Yeah, I liked him a lot with that hair, too. I think it's one of the hairs from the store. Something to do with fairy tales...
    suzses wrote: »
    I like Nigel quite a bit, too. You do a great job creating sims with "character," and I think you must have a blast doing it. He works surprisingly well with the different hairstyle choices.

Hee! Thanks! I love making sims with character. As long as I can make them different than EA simmies, then I know I've accomplished something. :blush:
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    Oooo very fun looking men! Quite cute too, bwahahaha

Good job! Rec'd

Thank you!
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Another hottie?!?? *has to grab fan --- starts fanning self*

60smusic -- Wow! Another great job.

@CatDog - I never heard of that show

:smirk:>:)

It was on Nickelodeon in late 90s and early 2000s, I think. I watched it all the time. :smiley:
    Could it be, could this one be cuter than the other? I think he might be! I'm definitely adding him to my game!

What an interesting and handsome looking Sim! I personally love long noses on guys (in real life, as well as in Sims), and sometimes I've deliberately lengthened a Sim's nose to get what I consider an aristocratic look. I don't know who Eric Balfour is (I don't watch TV, and I rarely see movies), but he's handsome, and so is your Sim. Good choice for a model! :)

I do like Nigel a lot a lot. Mack has more delicate, feminine looking features, which make him appear younger and inexperienced. Nigel's more rough around the edges and appears older and wise. That's HOT! I didn't know who Eric was until I watched Six Feet Under, in January (it aired from 2000-2005 on HBO). It's probably the best show I could recommend anyone, truly. If you ever decide to binge on a show, watch that!
    Ooo, another cute guy for my sim gals to drool over! Nigel is very unique, he'll really stand out! And fun to see how you played around with hair/wardrobe choices...he looks great in everything! ;)

Yes. Nigel is quite the looker, himself. He just needs some guidance. LOL.
    Gentleman Peculiar is peculiarly colorful... peculiarly creative... peculiarly fun!!! LOVE the style, the wood and stone exterior, the way everything comes together and flows from one room to the next. This is a perfect gift for CD (and others will enjoy it too!).
    I love that Gentleman Peculiar house! It has so many homey touches and colors to it. Rooms that match, rooms that don't, it looks like a home, especially with all the clutter.

I had to laugh when you mentioned the chairs. You are the third person in this exchange that I know used those chairs! I ran across the same problem, but I didn't have time to deal with fixing them, so I just replaced them with another set of chairs that didn't work QUITE as well. I really don't look forward to having to search every set for those chairs to uninstall them. I'm betting they're in at least one compilation, along with the regular set.

I think Nigel may want to start a family in that house, no? ;)