Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited August 2016
    @jillbg Apparently Francois gets around eh? Lol maybe it was his brother in Sage's room... At any rate, she just wanted some r&r after running around France.

@Silverofdreams30 Great update. So Eve wanted to meet someone not from the animal kingdom eh? Lol Looks like she had a lot of fun at the club.

Screenshot-2418_zpsrimedso2.jpg

Alanna and Kaydence were set to shoot a scene as their characters confront each other over Kaydence's character's affair with the boyfriend of Alanna's character. Alanna suddenly stopped the taping and approached her father and brother.

Screenshot-2420_zpsgmlwowce.jpg

"What the heck's going on here? She's got more lines and screen time than I do!" Alanna thundered as her father and brother stood by in disbelief.

Screenshot-2419_zpsqibdarln.jpg

"I'm supposed to be the star of this show and get top billing. Ever since they gave her that award she's been acting like she owns the place and she probably does. But it's my show."

Screenshot-2421_zpsshgrsciy.jpg

As Alanna continued to complain, Kaydence mused to herself, if she could bring a tenth of that passion to her scenes, she'd be a much better actress. She's more convincing now than she's ever been on screen.

Screenshot-2393_zpsgtknptgm.jpg

SBN moved the filming location of "As the Sims Turn" to Starlight Shores - where Kaydence had been born and spent the first eleven years of her life and where, of course, she still had relatives.
    The show's move had caused its own drama, though. For the Stanleys, die-hard Bridgeporters, the show moving to Starlight Shores was a kick in the gut. But Alan and Emmitt had dealt with it.

Screenshot-2419_zpsqibdarln.jpg

Alanna, though - let's just say, the move didn't make her too happy. Come to think of it, there wasn't much on the set that made her happy these days. She found herself being upstaged by a newcomer, albeit one with an even loftier showbiz pedigree than her own.

Screenshot-2397_zpsvybsbjfi.jpg

Through all the drama on the set, Kaydence did what Kaydence does - she put her head down and worked. She wasn't going to coast into show business on her parents' names, she would achieve on her own merit.

Screenshot-2409_zpsogon4jxq.jpg

Once the cameras began rolling, she left Kaydence behind and became Alexa Barstow, a blond bombshell determined to use everything and everyone at her disposal to get what she wants.

Screenshot-2411_zps72x4hyso.jpg

Marveling at her work, the Stanleys couldn't believe what they were watching. Emmitt gently nudged his father. In his mind, this scene had even surpassed the reel they'd sent in to the awards committee. They were watching a consummate actress at the top of her game.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg -Andy and Dana parker would love to hear that because they'll be great social workers in the game and they won't corrupt saves like the NPC ones do.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -Great udate!
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter-1621.
    The country market got new spawners for new plants added to the lot.
    29022733575_91ee0f08e4_c.jpg
    Garden House also got the new plant spawners and new food replicators added.
    29022725755_69b798fa90_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2016
    @TadOlson: Thanks. :D Yeah, that makes it easier! :D At least it waited until they were coming home to rain- when they could change out of their wet clothes! :D It's always interesting to see how other people play their games. :D So, you've got orphanages in your town and you play the social workers? That's pretty cool. :D That looks like it's going to be very useful with all those plants and money trees and more spawners on top of that. :D

@Silver: Thanks. :D Looks like they had good fun at the dog park, he looks so relieved to be off the leash! :D Lol @ Eve's face expression ("Eve: Is that guy really wearing a backwards red baseball cap with a striped blue suit? For riding a horse? I'd better stay away from him!" or perhaps: Eve: "I'd hate to see how you drive a car if you'd cut someone off that close with a horse!") ;) Looks like a nice place. :D Lol, looks like she's having fun playing pool with the boys. :D Hopefully the police officer won't get called away before she wins. ;)

@Jillbg: Yes, though he would have to do a lot of work; it's hard to be friends with Zelda to begin with, just out of the gate because she's just not a friendly person, and even if she were trying to be friendly...her language is pretty much borderline hostile even when she doesn't mean it that way (and her voice is almost always laced with contempt or venom...or she sounds like she's complaining...even when she's paying someone what she thinks is a compliment...phrases like 'you don't completely suck at this' or 'And lucky you, for being not half bad looking' or the like.). :D Of course, a vampire has an advantage because he can read her mind- and because he was reading her mind when she was facing the bars...he knows about her history with them and how much effort she had to put into saving him- that's why he opened up to her. ;) Being a born vampire, he's used to a certain amount of distrust by people who know about vampires... so, if there were ever a vampire to try to make friends with Zelda...he's got the best chance...just not right now. :D (It also helps that he's younger than her.)

Tristan will grow into a young adult vampire at the normal rate of aging...his life span hasn't been affected yet...but once he hits young adult, he'll be that age so long that if he and Bailey were to marry, (supposing she was still a human) she'd die of old age before he showed any signs of aging. :D

Actually, Rafael's pretty tough; he's rather athletic (level 9- but he doesn't have the trait...Zelda does), he's only that thin because he's been on the run and keeps forgetting to eat while he's worried about other things. He wasn't the son that was supposed to grow up to be the special agent, but he did spend a lot of time playing with him...and of course, he tried and failed to keep up with his older brother...and then the daughter born after him was going to be an Olympic class ballerina...so even though he was earmarked to be the artist, his activity level was still pretty high. :D And that was before his life depended on his speed and reflexes and being able to fight. ;) So, yes, other people would have died, if they were in the situation he's in...with the colloidal silver damaged transformation and then the attempt to cure it. (Cumulative problems.) He's in bad shape (for him), but yes, if he were less hardy, he'd have died twice now. :D He definitely needs a day in bed with Zelda! ;)

@Venus: Thanks. :D Fuzzy socks and a mug of hot chocolate? Oh, now, wait, wrong season! :D Ice cream? :D (Announcer: "It used to be iced cream but with all those stage lights back there... now it's a sort of melted puddle...on the floor...anyone have a mop?") It's good to see Kaydence directing, she seems to be enjoying that more. :D Lol @ the contrast between the on-screen relationships verses the backstage relationships...how odd it would be to have to direct your mother's 'boy toy' lol, she's doing a great job, I think. ;) (Would that make him her step boy toy? ;) Kaydence:"I'd have a better chance of having a lasting relationship with one of my mom's shirts. And I know better than to try!" )

Lol @ Honeymooning Heilmans- has a nice ring to it! :D Nice angle of the car on the road there taking in the rolling hills and the snug buildings there. :D Sensible, that way they can fuel their leisurely visit to the art museum and not leave early because they are too hungry. :D Well, at least his throwing up didn't cause him to have a food aversion, if he's raving about the food. ;) Face palm @ the pap...and you were cool in Jillbg's game...but I know how the game is, possessing perfectly good sims and turning them into smarmy sneaky paps spying on people in their hotel rooms...inviting themselves into something clearly meant to be a private party of two only. ;) They are definitely Jolina-Plumbs, the rite-of-passage of having some pap taking pictures of you sleeping in your hotel room has been passed now... ;)

Kaydence has a lot of understanding of what's going on- but she can't exactly share her insight with Skyler 2.0 there! ;) Well, weather and attitudes are very different from one coast to the other. :D Lol @ seeing Kaydence doing the evil pose! ;)
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TadOlson I bet you're doing whatever is needed to avoid corrupting your saves. :D Great addiction of spawners.

@venusdemilosims Lol at François! :D
    Maybe it's time for Kaydence to move on to the movies... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 I'm not sure a day in bed with Zelda would provide err... rest! ;)
    She might not be "bff" material, but I'm sure you don't regret becoming friends with her. And I guess Tristan has enough guts, being a vampire and all. :)
    Raphael has been through a lot taking a toll both physically and psychologically, but he seems to get stronger each time. :) Can't wait for their "real" honeymoon! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Got some stuff going on in real life at the moment. Area just went under flood warning so we had to evacuate. And upon evacuating I learned that my biological father passed away late last night apparently somewhat related to the flooding.

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @venusdemilosims So sorry to hear that. I'm sending virtual hugs your way. Hope everything rights itself (as much as it can in some cases) soon.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims I'm so sorry about your biological father. You live in a dangerous area, take care. I hope you all will safely return home...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    @venusdemilosims I'm so sorry for your loss. I've heard about the flooding down stateside scary stuff. Stay safe and I hope you get to go home soon.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    I've been lurking for a while now, marking posts with awesomes and likes--enjoying everyone's updates. I haven't played Sims or worked on my blog since returning from vacation though. Been doing a lot of reading instead.

But I just wanted to pop in and tell @venusdemilosims how sorry I was to read about the things she's going through right now. Please take care.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    As for me I've just been so busy with work still. Enjoying the summer when I can. Many other life situations. My laptop is nearing the end of its life. Cheap constant repairs are a big thing now. So as soon as I can swing it I'm getting a new one. It could be anytime after Friday but probably not for a month or two. Of course if it would stop destroying keyboards and chargers we'd be closer to it's retirement. I think somebody doesn't want to retire and is being bitter and grumpy. But if it would stop destroying itself it wouldn't even be a concern.

But until I have a new laptop I've put my stories on hiatus. If I ever have time though I'll still continue with Austin's game because it's more relaxed. I just don't want to take on anything too involved and then lose it if my laptop dies totally.

I've been lurking where I can though. And will still try to pop in when I get a chance. But lol clearly that doesn't happen often.
  • Options
    @Venus: Ouch! When I heard about the flooding, I was worried about you but then you were still posting, so I was hoping you weren't in the area being affected (the news story I caught said flooding in Louisiana but not where in Louisiana and I was hoping it wasn't in your part of the state)...but clearly not if you're being evacuated! Oh, and to lose your father! I wish I could send you hugs. :(
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 -I've not added the social workers yet though Glen Harbor is going to need them very soon.They'll just shelter any in need though they intend to mostly shelter children from baby to child age.
    @jillbg -I'm making sure by using only playable social workers and disableing the other ones.Thanks for the comment.My townies will be grateful for those.
    @venusdemilosims -That's awful that you're threatened with flooding.That's why I use a laptop.It's easier to save that than a desktop.We just lost family recently and I know how sad it is to lose loved ones.
    @Dreamerz13 -I would invest in a good portable external hard drive now and back up everything I could while I had the chance or get a computer repair shop to do that.
    @lanlyn -Hi there!
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter-1621.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early on that mid winter morning and getting ready for the day while it was still dark out.
    29022716445_4d001aa1bb.jpg
    They both spent the rest of the day painting after chores and after Eli went shopping in a blizzard raging for the fourth straight day.
    29022709415_8867e56e6a.jpg
    They both finished their paintings later in the afternoon and sold them for about 1400$ in cash.
    28946849951_cacd6eccb9.jpg
    28405492003_a89a07274d.jpg
    Ami studied inventing on the iPad while Eli finished a book on her computer until it was about 5:30 and time for dinner.
    28405484663_a28c119759.jpg
    They got ready for bed and got to sleep by 8PM that night.
    29022656595_4e85c97bec.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @venusdemilosims im sorry about your biological father and the flooding hugs, thnak you and great updates.
    She wanted to meet some people other than animals but not roleld a wish to flirt or naything yet will let her decide that haha.

@Zabeth0 thanks, I think the police guy wer eoff duty lol just that he had not switched to normal
    clothes.

@TadOlson Thanks great update

@dreamerz13 nice to see you pop in.
  • Options
    @TadOlson So cold... The Jankowski's are getting quite skilled in painting! :D Will we soon see the art before it's sold?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    9lbn6b.jpg

Deedee: "You're back! I was getting really worried but by the time I got time to crystal ball where you were, you were in the shower upstairs!"

Zelda: She just laughed. "Oh, that just figures. Had your hands full with an unconscious Rafael, did you?"

Deedee: "Actually, semi conscious, once I gave him the cure, he nearly died twice, his heart kept starting and stopping and his breathing was terrible, he was shivering and breathing out ice crystals...and then he kept trying to get up and collapsing, and I'd get him back onto the couch and then he'd try again like he was some sort of ice cold zombie...his breathing wasn't even regular until recently...and when he finally got awake enough to talk to, well, all he could do was worry about you and if you were alright or if you remembered to take a death flower with you or not...he basically begged me to crystal ball you but couldn't stay conscious. I've seriously never had such difficulty curing a vampire before, Zelda, I don't know what went wrong...but he does seem to be cured, and his breathing and heart rate are finally up to normal range for a human, and he's actually running a little bit of a fever right now, but I'm sure if he can get some serious rest, he'll be fine. You know, physically."

2r4opas.jpg

Zelda: "Wow, Deedee, I'm glad you were here. ...I was really hoping to get back before he woke up. Clearly, I suuck."

Deedee: "What happened...?"

Zelda: "I don't want to talk about it, can we not talk about it? I just got Lavinia's ashes out of my hair. Granny took Beatrice, said you'd made your choice so Beatrice is the one dying tonight. She's doing that horrible statue thing. By the way, thanks for not wanting me to die!"

Deedee: "No problem, ZZ. You didn't kill any other vampires, did you?"

Zelda: "No, just her. You know, you can stay here if you want, as long as you want, but me and Rafael are going to bed upstairs and we're not going to be social for probably at least a day. Possibly two. You can use any bathroom, eat anything in the fridge, eat all the apple jam you want, use any magic stuff, the tv, the games, whatever, but the bedroom's off limits, because I'm not sharing my human. And you know, I'm really thinking me and Rafael maybe should go do a honeymoon thing somewhere soon because this honeymoon staycation is sure suucking. I'm thinking somewhere warm. I'm sick of the snow, the dark, and if I see one more plum-ing vampire..."

Deedee: "Um, I don't think you're getting it, Zelda. Rafael's alive and breathing and he's recovering, but he can't walk, he's rather thin but it's all muscle and heavy when it's dead weight... there is no way we're going to get him up the spiral staircase-"

xfxfkj.jpg

Zelda: She sighed. "Deedee, there is this new thing called magic. Maybe one day, when you're a big grown up witch, you'll learn to use it to get stuff done. In this case, it's a spell called 'teleport'! I know you can't cast it, yet, much less take a second person with you but you'd think you'd know by now I can."

Deedee: "But you're almost out of magic! There is no way you could cast it now!"

Zelda: She growled in frustration. "Yes...which means I've got to stand around for a few minutes to have just enough magic to pull it off...but you're talking to me, which is really not that annoying, but it does take time, and then I have to get past the stupidd slow-plum bookcase door that takes forever to move and walk around the bend into that room, cross that room and then I'll probably look Twinkle Toes over, and that's always fun, and that'll be over before I know it, and then I should be able to get him up, teleport us to our room because I'm so done today. I hate being nearly out of magic, it feels like suffocating. But you know, if there are any further problems today, we're just going to die, because I've got nothing."

ip5dah.jpg

Deedee: "Aw, ZZ, you should know you've got me to look out for you. Like sisters, remember?"

Zelda: She scoffed automatically. "What are you going to do to a problem, lecture it to death?" She said, then felt bad she said that. Deedee had saved her from two very terrible deaths today and she'd done it without fighting, in the sort of way of dealing with things that Zelda didn't even know how to deal with...and one of those deaths could have easily been Granny ripping her consciousness out of her body and binding her to a statue for all of time, which was, pretty much, the worst thing she could imagine...so it's not that she didn't know Deedee could save her...and in fact, already had... but she didn't know how to fix what had come out of her mouth... She tried to change the subject. "You know, we're not kids any more, you sure are calling me ZZ a lot."

Deedee: "Oh, I'm having fun with that, because you know, your initials are now legitimately ZZ, Mrs. Zolnikov! It's not just a silly nickname so our names sound alike anymore!"

Zelda: "Oh! Wow! I didn't do that on purpose, I hadn't even though about it...his name was just too cool. There was no way we were going to go with boring-plum Osborn when we could go with Zolnikov instead! I didn't even think about the initials thing."

Deedee: "Yep. And you'll have to work on your signature and make sure you spell it right, too. I know I'd be running around signing everything if it were me. I'd be writing letters just so I could sign them!"

Zelda: "Pfft, like I sign anything, anyway... though who knows, I might start now that I have a cool name. It sounds like some kind of perfume...and now, from the exclusive Midnight Hallow Bledsoe special edition moonlight secret vault collection...Zolnikov!"

Deedee: She giggled. "Or a car or motorcycle, like on tv commercials. Wild Wacky William's new shipment of the brand new Zolnikov speedster, now with a million monthly payments of 999.99! Quick, before we add on another 9! Sale Sale SALE!"

Zelda: She laughed until her ribs hurt. "Oh, sis, I have missed you!"

29w94es.jpg

Rafael: "Zyelda, you'rrre alife!"

Zelda: Dead weight, nothing, Rafael went from asleep to leaping at her and kissing her with all his might in a moment...but his balance was definitely off, he could barely keep himself standing, and she guided his passionate kiss from the side of her chin up to her lips. Her poor human. She didn't really want to admit to herself that she was afraid for a second there that he wasn't cured and that he was leaping at her neck. It was a stupidd thought. She knew from magic sense that he was human as ever, so that was like sort of imagining that he was a gorilla or something, simply because of a quick movement! "Yep, and you're nice and warm with a pulse, and breathing and totally going to keep me warm in bed, you and me and the covers and we're going to sleep until we're sick of sleeping! Because we totally need it. You and me both, Twinkle-Toes."

Rafael: "Sounds vondyerrful..."

2vwikc3.jpg

Zelda: When the travel magic field let go, he fell over, and Zelda caught him. He had passed out again. She propped him back up, then took off his sun glasses and tossed them on the dresser behind her. They were in the homestretch now. They were upstairs and the bed was right over there... She stripped off his knitted gloves and dropped them on the floor.

34ewa52.jpg

Zelda: The hard parts were done...she assured herself, as she held him up. She unlaced his laces, and unstrapped his belt and the metal things holding his jacket together...seriously, how did the man put up with all these straps and laces everywhere? His clothes were like some sort of puzzle to get off...with the jacket finally unstrapped and unlaced and laying on the floor, she still had to fight with the undershirt and some sort of under scarf? He made it look so easy when he shrugged himself out of his clothes, like some sort of effortless magic trick he'd mastered but she had such a hard time she decided that they were wearing underwear to bed, because there was no way she was going to try to get more clothes onto him, much less her. Besides, who needed special clothes for bed when they had so many covers. Yep, totally not because she was just too tired to open a drawer!

The Tropics, she decided, they'd go to the tropics for their honeymoon. Nice...easy...casual...warm...and less clothing. Perhaps she could see her human lounging around in a swimsuit. That would be a treat. Did people with glasses swim with their glasses on? She would find out! They could do exotic human things like drive around in a car! And there would be living flowers this time of year. Non frozen water. Beaches, oh she totally wanted beaches with sun warmed sand and no snow! She didn't care if they were going to Florida or Mexico or the Caribbean or where, somewhere closer to the equator than here! She wanted warm beaches, bright colors, less clothing, to be more laid back, and not to see a vampire. Not even a juice box drinking vampire. None. Just to get away from town for a week or so. Yeah. This needed to happen. Once they were tired of sleeping. Which would be a while!
  • Options
    Hello everyone, we are back at home. We were spared from the flooding, but folks a couple of counties to our west, weren't so fortunate. Arrangements for my biological father's funeral are still being finalized. I doubt if I'll be mentioned in the obit as his daughter, my half-sister resents me that much so that's that. Thanks everyone for your kind words of comfort. They won't bring him back but they will at least coat my heart during this time.

To get my mind off of this stuff, I decided to return to the Happy Heilman Honeymoon, and of course, with Sage being a Jolina-Plumb, there were a few, well, surprises.

ylbn9uH.jpg

The next day Kyle and Sage returned to the nectary. And this time, they decided to have a discussion about children. It was Kyle who wanted children - even though Sage has the Family Oriented trait.

Any theories on why Sage is hesitant?

tiuZ2gP.jpg

At any rate, Sage decided to make some nectar. So she inserted some fruit that she'd picked out of the orchard and crushed it.

wSv9gyb.jpg

She churned the lever and pressed the buttons.

PumftaB.jpg

And read a book while waiting.

6rmQ9IH.jpg

Kyle made his own batch of nectar, which came out much better than Sage's, lol.

JwRqddY.jpg

Later, Sage was summoned to the general store by Berthe Girard. "Savannah Jolina-Plumb's daughter, right?"
    Sage shrugged.
    "My mom used to tell stories about her adventures. Look, I need you to go in a cave and get something for me."
    "Me?" Sage asked reluctantly. "But I'm on my honeymoon!"
    "This shouldn't be too much of a problem."

DuzNG02.jpg

Sage wanted to buy a tent, so while she was at the general store, she bought one from Berthe.

6lmutUY.jpg

She took out her sketch pad and decided to draw the general store...

JiQ6G9D.jpg

...while her husband was throwing up more plasma nectar he'd taken in. Ironically Sage, despite not having any vampire bloodline, was able to drink the plasma nectar.

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I took a little break from sims for a few days.

@Zabeth0 Great update as usual so Zelda came back? Keeo it coming.

@venusdemilosims Great update
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    @venusdemilosims Glad things are returning to normal for you (as much as can be) ... at least you didn't get hit directly by the flood. But so sorry about the family drama. It can be draining, can't it?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @lanlyn Yeah. Family drama is definitely draining - the real life kind, that is. And there's plenty of that going on. But sim life drama can be somewhat entertaining, lol. That's why this game exists. ;)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks.

5AvIlim.jpg

Back on the ATST set, ever since Kaydence announced her impending departure from the hit TV show, the producers had given her unprecedented creative control. She had joined its writing staff, having input on story decisions, and, in an ironic twist, had a major impact on the show's storyline.

IeY6UNv.jpg

"You can't leave, Kaydence," Emmitt Stanley, the show's head writer and elder son of the show's producer and director, Alan Stanley, begged. Their desperation was evident in the amount of control they had given their burgeoning star, much to the chagrin of the other actress on the show.

DzaTEIq.jpg

On that day, though, Emmitt was on the set shooting a scene between his and Alanna's mother, Emmy Starr, and the actor Ricky Ripley. Starr's character, who was playing Lauren's mother Evelyn, was confronting Lauren's boyfriend Matt for his cheating and mistreatment of her daughter.

mQ0dFUh.jpg

Lauren herself had been hospitalized...

YOl5FN6.jpg

...because Alexa had poisoned her - a wrinkle Kaydence herself had written in the script.

W2HMZtM.jpg

"My daughter almost died because of what your paramour did!" Emmy shouted to the top of her lungs.
    "Hey," Ricky retorted, "it's not my fault. I didn't tell Alexa to do that. She did that entirely on her own."
    "That's what you do, Matt, you deflect blame and completely dodge your responsibility."

xC1a8Qa.jpg

"Have to admit, Kaydence, your twists are really adding another dimension to your character," Emmitt mused in the meeting after shooting was over. "Using your real-life knowledge of chemistry to have Alexa sneak into the hospital science lab and poison Lauren was genius."
    "Alexa has one more trick up her sleeve though."
    "I can't wait to find out what that is before you exit stage right."
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    @Venus: Glad you're back home! :D I certainly hope people pull together and decide to be awesome to each other in the wake of this flooding...wow that's some serious resentment...:( Well, you can't control what other people feel or do about their feelings, but whether she acknowledges you or not, facts are facts and she can't take that away from you for real...just in a newspaper. So please don't let that hurt you...as much as you have any say in what hurts you. ;) Perhaps she'll come around eventually...and if not, there is a great big world...with so many people in it that even if you started right now to meet everyone and just say hello, and move on, you'll never meet them all. ;) So, while it would be ideal for her to put such pettiness aside, if she's not that awesome, well, lots of people aren't...that's why we think people who are are awesome and not...you know, normal. ;) Anyway, I hope the funeral helps... :D

Um, I can't exactly send you a hug, and I'm not sure if my babbling is helpful at all, so here, have a screenshot of vampire Rafael pillow fighting with Grimmy? (Hopefully: Some Therapeutic Value! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to attack 'death' with a pillow in life? Of course...I'm sure a sledge hammer would be preferred object of choice...but alas it is only something that can be done in fantasy...)

28bs4m8.jpg

Thank you for the Happy Heilman Honeymoon update! :D Maybe she's thinking about having a few more experiences and knowledge of the world directly before she's got her own little Sierra to deal with! ;) She won't have a lot of time for nectar tasting and the more leisurely things if she does have a more feisty kid, and she knows she's got the genetics lol...and maybe she's been spending so much time trying to help mediate her family that she just wants a little time to be herself with her new husband first lol. :D (Sage: "Or maybe she's waiting to find out what's going on with the actual Sierra first?" Me:"Don't be silly, if she does that, she'll never have kids! Sierra's always up to something!" Sage: "Oh, you're right, it's probably the nectar thing...yeah." ;) )

Ah, Berthe Girard, she was the french lady my guy married in my favorite family which died with my laptop... I made a guy called Sage Masters who I planned to play through the top of the educational career...and I did all the way to the top...but the career was glitched against further raises so he couldn't ever lecture enough even if that's all he did... anyway, I slipped up and killed her in the way I usually slip up and kill my sims...death by repairing the dishwasher...I somehow always forget to check their repair skill, in Berthe's case it was because I forgot that Sage was the one I'd gotten to learn repair really high...and in my previous family (which died to computer virus)...it had been the wife that was the mad scientist with the super repair skills. :D Anyway, it's funny to see Berthe reacting with a different Sage. ;) (In my game her blue-purple haired husband Sage pined like a crazy man until she came back from the grave with the oh my ghost opportunity..it was a fun family...though having his mother in law, Claudine, the hopeless-romantic natural cook...grandma to his five children... hitting on him because he was no longer married to her daughter because her daughter had died...not so much!)

(Me: Oh, Berthe, going to send Sage Heilman off to the traditional baseball hunt? Berthe: "Hey, this is a test. For worthy adventurers! Worthy, baseball fetching adventurers! It's a rite of passage... If they can find a baseball, then we know they can find...less base ball like objects...eventually working their way up to paper. But a simple sphere is a starter quest! Paper is the big time! You don't trust just anyone off the street with retrieving paper from a tomb!")

It's nice to see Sage relaxed enough to break out her sketch pad. :D She'll have a souvenir from her trip. :D I'm quite surprised she kept down the plasma with no vampire blood...perhaps her mother's ghost hunting and mummy fighting days somehow helped. :D (Sage: "Or my dad's constitution!")

Wow, Kaydence's got the script by the jugular! ;) Well, it's going to be hard to follow up after this, Alexa being so evil she's not content to just ruin Lauren's romantic life, she's got to try to take her life entirely! (Or was it an attempt to do less harm than that which went wrong?) Is Kaydence writing her character a big finale for her going away? (And then Alexa escaped to get plastic surgery and look different!) :) It's funny that even Alanna's mom is in the show lol. :D

@Jillbg: Lol, um, well, she's too tired for anything that would cause somersaulting pillows or the like. ;) Well, as long as you don't insult easily! ;) Tristan is used to hearing people's thoughts and not responding to the insults they think about him; he's almost an adult vampire now...almost. But it's not that he's a vampire that makes him gutsy enough to try to make friends with Zelda; the adult vampires hit the door as soon as possible, after all; she's young and volatile, she's powerful for a witch but without thinking like a schemer; most adult vampires would assume she's a lost cause, but not Tristan, he's young and idealistic and a sucker for a social outcast...and she is that, even for a witch. :D

Sorry, it's taking me forever to set up Sunlit Tides...one of the things I've been having trouble with is that I've been trying like crazy to add the boardwalk to a lot and it just won't let me...I've changed the lot type back and forth (residential to community visitors allowed and back and forth in case it was just a glitch) a couple times, flattened the lot to make sure it wasn't just uneven even though it looked even, I don't know why it won't let me, it's large enough...it's by the ocean as much as anything is in Sunlit Tides...which isn't very close, really (I wish I knew how to add docks but it sounds like I'd have to figure out CAW to figure out how to add a lot that includes beach so I could add docks so that I could have a line of pretty boats as part of the setting lol)...and it let me add the boardwalk to Moonlight Falls...even though I don't want it there... I want it at Sunlit Tides, but alas, I am bad with computer things, and can't figure it out...I finally just gave up on it. I've been adding things here and there to bring the consignment store and Vargs more tropical style... though Vargs won't let me change the roof. :D (Stupidd homeowners association! ;) ) Yeah, so I'm getting there, but it's slower than I'd like. :D I hope you can handle a little more stalling. ;)

• Options
    @Dreamerz: Nice to see you again! :D So, that's what's up! :D I was wondering if you just got so busy with your job... but having a malfunctioning computer set up can be a real drag, I can understand why you might not want to commit to things and have your computer crash out on you and lose things... I had a laptop that melted it's brain which is why I ended up on this thread in the first place... :D I came to the sims boards to get better at building- you know, time I wouldn't spend when I could be gaming instead...to read up on building...and then saw people posting things on threads like this one and was curious how other people were playing their game and really missed the families that I'd lost on the laptop...and had no pics since, you know, they went down with the laptop and I didn't know about tinypic and those things until I'd come here. ;) Anyway, I saw someone tell someone else how to post pics (easy enough for me to understand!) and had just figured that out when the first play and share thread was fairly new... and you guys have been teaching me stuff ever since! :D) Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful summer besides the malfunctioning computer...and if you ever want to do a flashback with the screenshots you have, or just want to show off any screenshots you haven't written story for...sort of bloopers or something, that's cool too. :D (But you don't have to, hey, I'm just happy to hear from you!) Here, have a vampire Rafael selfie that I thought was hilarious while I was goofying around trying to set up the attack in the basement. ;)

28vq729.jpg

@Silver: Thanks. :D Yep, came back and took a shower! :D

Lol- well, that's good, at least he wasn't checking the pool tabled for burglars! :D (Police: "I heard there was a black and white ball on the table..corner pocket!") ;)

@TadOlson: That's quite a blizard. :D Good thing they have a lot to do indoors. :D
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!I got the blizzard and decided to work with it in the story.
    @jillbg -They had to sell the pantings though I got pictures of them as they finished.
    @venusdemilosims -It's great that the flooding missed you.Great update!
    Oak Leaf,South Dakota-Winter-1847.
    Davis and Lacey Bell woke up early that Sunday morning in mid winter and started getting ready for the day.Cappy the puppy they'd adopted just after moving to their new house was also up.
    29200368876_06e2a0f3a2.jpg
    They were tending to daily chores as it got light out.
    29155790071_0fccf70c55.jpg
    The letter carrier dropped off their bills and they were still tending the daily chores.
    29200362576_b150603464.jpg
    They both spent the day learning fishing and guitar skills on the iPads.
    29200358506_56e8ab6aff.jpg
    They both got to work on stories after using washrooms for a while and decided to get ready for bed though they wanted to upgrade their bed.They were in bed by 8PM.
    29200353416_021fd53aaf.jpg
  • Options
    Had a rather exhausting day with the funeral and such. Would say more but, again, I'm exhausted. The funeral left me with more questions than answers and a hole in my heart that just won't close.

Anyway, on to happier matters. I found a video I'd like to post.

I found it on my old hard drive. It shows Kaydence's father, Sebastian, playing piano on a stage in Starlight Shores. The guy was supremely, awesomely talented.

th_Video-36_zpsnzbqjhqp.mp4

• Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970261
    My Sims are learning new spells and seeking new forms to save Hidden Springs from Disaster. The library allows Sims to gain experience and make plans to save or rule the town.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top