Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Treetop Dining is such a fun idea! A delightful restaurant indeed! :smiley:
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

That tree is a dreamy <3<3<3:#
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Tuckaway Tavern is pure charm!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Congratulations on you Treetop Dining being faved by Maxis! It's a gorgeously pretty restaurant build! :smiley:
    I like the layout, very clever use of Outdoor Retreat tree stump as the base of the build and topped with the very pretty lantern tree too! I also like the landscaping! The swimmable/fishable lake is so pretty! Lovely gardening too! I also adore the dining areas and the recreation area above! The forest-themed restroom looks very adorable too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Treetop Dining is an incredible restaurant, so creatively designed and very beautifully landscaped :) Many congrats on the fav, very well deserved for such a superb build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath congratulations on the Maxis favor for this gorgeous build, such a wonderful idea. :) Love all the little quiet places for our sim's to dine and take in the beautiful views. Hugs Folly
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Here I am.... late again... sigh... Sorry! :s

Thank you for your lovely comments @rosemow! I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my heart. :blush:<3<3

Thank you for the kind comments @Junebug6620! :smile: The tree is actually done in three parts. The bottom is the tree stump table from Granite Falls, sized up. The middle is just a room and the top, is the Boho tree with the paper lanterns also sized up. That tree actually goes through two of the levels. :smiley:

Thank you for the sweet comment, @StSciurus! :blush:<3

Thank you for the awesome comment, @emere! :smiley:<3

Thank you so much, @Ash072! :smile:<3

Thank you for your always kind comments and congrats, @RyeCris16! Very much appreciated, my friend. :smile:<3

Thank you for the wonderful comments and congrats, @masajo! Very sweet of you :blush:<3

Thank you for the lovely comments and congrats, @follyfoot! It was a fun build. :) Our simmies do seem to really like dining and swimming there, lol! :p
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    WOW Cath! :o:o:o Looks like I will be devouring your gallery page when I get home :D . I love all your work, as usual. That treetop restaurant is genius! You're also inspiring me to build again! I really miss all the color customization of 3, and have kind of gotten away from building in 4. Now I'm inspired! (See the light turquoise aura around my portrait!?!?)
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! You have been busy Cath! As usual! :D Love your wonderful new creations! Especially the tree top dining is my top favourite! WOW! It is unique and special. Already added all your creations to my favourites. Great to back! Hugs <3
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I saw this restaurant on the gallery the other day and I downloaded it without checking who made it, LOL!
    Couldn't use it properly though cause I am missing a few items. Anyway, so it was YOU! :) I think this is one of
    the greatest things you have ever made for this game :) Love it love it love it! And I am having a table :smiley:
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi Ms Cath♥♥ I had to come share with ya. My building mojo is currently stuck in the mud....blah, blah, blah. Anyhoo, I have been playing. I finally got a chance to put your beautiful Bohemian Rhapsody back in game. It had to have a family, soooo....

Meet the Swagons....Grandma Freda, Dad-Stanley, Mom-Greta, sweet Oliva and son-Mason. They ABSOLUTELY adore this home.
    07-30-16_8-03-02nbspPM_zpsgxabocuz.png

They are sooo much fun to play. Thank you for creating this oh-so-fun home!!♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    I love this Game Packs: Dine Out! :)
    And your restaurants are great, certainly fantastic in them is fun. :)<3
    Thank you for the lovely comments @bouquetcatcher! Very kind of you :blush: Cool avi! Lol about your aura :p I'm very happy to hear you're inspired again and I totally agree with you about missing the ability to re-color... It would be So much easier IF we could change the color or at least tweak it a bit, sometimes.... Hope to see something new from you soon! :smiley:

Hello @yanti68! It's wonderful to see you! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time on vacation! Thank you for your awesome comments and faves! Very much appreciated, my friend. :blush:<3

It's Great to see you back, @Manssom! <3 Wow! Thank you for that most gracious comment! I can't tell you how much it means to me. :blush: I hope you weren't missing anything too important! Which packs haven't you gotten yet? I have No idea which items I use, from which packs, when I'm building... probably not always a good thing... but it is so much fun to have lots of variety. o:) Will have to see what you've been up to on your thread, asap. :blush:<3

@Cassee!! You put such a HUGE smile on my face, with that Awesome picture and your Wonderful comments! <3<3 Thank you SO much! :smiley: The Swagon's look like a Delightful family and I'm so Happy to hear they love their new home! :) I am sorry to hear about your lack of inspiration though, Cass.... I hope something sparks your interest SOON! I think it's great that you play as much as you do AND so important from a builders point of view. I always think about setting aside more time to play But then a new idea pops into my head and I get sucked back into building. Someday though, I want to give my poor little "worker bees" a Real Sim life and let them just have some fun, for a change. :D Thanks again Cassee, it really means So much to me! <3

Nice to see you @Danuta720! Thank you for your very kind comment and for stopping by! :blush:<3
    edited January 2017
    ♥No Place Like Home♥
    5br, 4ba.
    Lot Size: 30x40
    Cost: $343,902
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home was created for a very special friend... @yanti68 <3 I hope you like it, my sweet friend! I was so thrilled to hear that you bought the new stuff pack, while I was building this because I really wanted to include some of those new items in this build for you! :blush: It's a sunny and cheerful home that just reminds me of you, Yanti. <3

It's a nice home for a big family with five bedrooms and four baths. Most of the living quarters are on the main floor, with a basement for some skill building and fun. The main floor consists of all five bedrooms, three baths, kitchen, dining room, living room and study. The basement includes a family/game room, playroom, gym and a full bath. There's a small wrap around porch on the side and back, with some planters containing perfect quality plants. There are a few more planters on the far side of the home, also containing perfect quality plants.

The backyard is divided into two spaces... one for the adults, with a bbq, bar, chess table, easel and sitting areas all surrounded by pretty gardens with bird houses and feeders. The second half of the yard is dedicated to the little ones, with a shark slide surrounded by pools. There are some fun things for them to play and learn with, here too. More pretty flowers, bird houses and feeders edge this space.

So! Here we go!

Views of the home:

07-29-16_7-04-07nbspPM_zpsubcnm7jq.png

07-29-16_7-04-20nbspPM_zpswci9bbf6.png

07-29-16_7-04-42nbspPM_zpsw0fmakso.png

07-29-16_7-05-51nbspPM_zpsekpcpfca.png

Birds eye views:

07-29-16_9-20-53nbspPM_zpsqaqeaao5.png

07-29-16_9-21-34nbspPM_zpsouekm3sv.png

07-29-16_9-22-23nbspPM_zpsbut0qzrs.png

Some shots of the yard:

07-29-16_7-10-59nbspPM_zpsnupyvkgs.png

07-29-16_7-11-25nbspPM_zps0ovtajps.png

07-29-16_7-12-08nbspPM_zps9fvrx92s.png

07-29-16_7-12-55nbspPM_zpspvrlmvsb.png

And now let's head inside:

07-29-16_7-10-38nbspPM_zpskpqccmjk.png

The living room:

07-29-16_7-17-44nbspPM_zpsarbwmuna.png

07-29-16_7-18-05nbspPM_zpsp5hosill.png

The study:

07-29-16_7-18-54nbspPM_zpsxgzslyrk.png

07-29-16_7-19-15nbspPM_zpsd0xjydlb.png

Dining room:

07-29-16_7-20-05nbspPM_zpskgaosszi.png

Kitchen:

07-29-16_7-20-33nbspPM_zpshrxcxtvq.png

07-29-16_7-21-11nbspPM_zpsyorlrllp.png

Heading over to the bedrooms:

07-29-16_7-21-37nbspPM_zpsx6poka1k.png

Master en suite:

07-29-16_7-22-39nbspPM_zpsptd20mce.png

07-29-16_7-22-57nbspPM_zps2lx5yrjh.png

07-29-16_7-24-04nbspPM_zpsyce3p3os.png

Nursery, just off the Master bedroom:

07-29-16_7-24-28nbspPM_zpsr2gin0o7.png

07-29-16_7-25-19nbspPM_zpsdknprcwb.png

Boys and Girls rooms:

07-29-16_7-25-51nbspPM_zpsru6tgb3d.png

07-29-16_7-25-38nbspPM_zpsmwzqdwak.png

07-29-16_7-26-15nbspPM_zpsjuf9cy6m.png

07-29-16_7-26-32nbspPM_zpsg2rhvpr0.png

Guest room:

07-29-16_7-27-29nbspPM_zpsg5p9g5tw.png

07-29-16_7-27-49nbspPM_zpsqqugzwib.png

Heading down to the basement:

07-29-16_7-28-44nbspPM_zpstagt9cak.png

07-29-16_7-29-28nbspPM_zpsjoo2bidv.png

07-29-16_7-29-49nbspPM_zpsfzekxwra.png

07-29-16_7-30-12nbspPM_zpsvszt6p3k.png

07-29-16_7-31-20nbspPM_zpsjjdotgbi.png

07-29-16_7-30-53nbspPM_zpsjesezfpq.png

And that's it! I really hope you enjoy it Yanti, my friend <3

Thank you for having a look and Goodnight!

07-29-16_8-12-21nbspPM_zpsrm8rogtc.png

EDIT:

I Forgot my GRIPE! :s While I was play testing this home, I noticed that the awnings on the top two windows (both front and back) would slide down, covering most of the window... The other awnings all stayed put except for these two. I have no idea why. :/

At first, I tried basement spaces and it did work, but the awnings "hovering" in mid air, while actually playing the home, bugged me. So I decided to just let them be (without basement spaces) and I put a note in the description for people to (hopefully) see.

It's still annoying to have them "fall down" when placing the lot but once it's placed, if you slide them back to where they belong, they won't move again. So annoying! :|

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh, Ms Yanti will LOVE THIS!!! Absolutely stunning, Ms Cath. Great 'lived in' feel. Adore the spare bedroom.....LOVE sunflowers.

A...maz....ing!!!♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    No Place Like Home is absolutely beautiful, so very pretty, cosy and homely :) I love the sunny yellow exteriors and all the landscaping is so wonderful, the outdoor areas are astounding, both the adults and kids, amazing work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you for your Awesome comment, @Cassee! I can't WAIT to see what Yanti thinks! :)<3

Thank you for your very lovely comments, @masajo! Truly appreciated. :smiley:<3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    No Place Like Home is such a very special home for Yanti! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice roofing! The yellow colour of the exterior looks so sunny and cheery! The flower box windows and the awnings over the windows look very nice. Very nice outdoors areas! The flowers look so very pretty along the edges of the home! It looks very nice the way that the backyard is divided into the two sections, with one for the younger kids to have fun playing on the monkey bars and the slippery slide or with the toys and dollhouse , whilst the other section is more for the adults. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table having a drink from the bar or eating a meal they have cooked on the BBQ. They will have fun playing chess or enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. It is great that there is the bird feeder there for sims to enjoy feeding birds. The birdbath, bird feeder, bird house and flowers area looks so pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It is such a very nice and very detailed build! Each of the rooms look so very nice! The living room is very nice! Nice sofa seats sitting area near the fire for sims to enjoy resting there reading a book and listening to the piano music being played. The grandfather clock and the teaset on the coffee table are homely touches, and the curtains in the room look pretty! Very nice design of the study! Nice arnchairs fireplace reading nook for sims to relax and read in front of the fire. The computer nook looks great between the bookcases. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The wall clock looks nice there in the nook. The dining room is very nice! The enlarged dining table looks great! The flowers on the table top are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. Very nice kitchen cooking area and eat in windows breakfast nook! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the kitchen walls. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst dining at the table. The island sink counter is great! Very nice bedrooms! The colour schemes of them look very nice! The furnishing of each of them looks so very great! The sunflowers theme of the guest room looks so sunny! The butterfies are very pretty in the girls bedroom! Very basement level! There are lots of fun and enjoyable activities to do there! The bar,tv area, and kids play nook look great! The puppet theatre nook looks great! Kids will have fun putting on performances there. Very nice and restful spa area! The water fountains feature there is very nice! The cherry blossom picture is pretty. Sims will enjoy doing yoga there.
    It is such a very nice home! :) It is a lovely gift to a special person from a special person <3
    Thank you for your wonderfully kind review and special words, Rose! They truly mean so much to me. :)<3<3
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath No Place Like Homes is a gorgeous build, love the soft colours of the exterior surrounded by a very pretty garden (love the new outdoor SP) a wonderful and welcoming family home with plenty of room and things to do. A wonderful gift for a dear fiend. Hugs Folly
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    ♥No Place Like Home♥ is a beautiful build and so thoughtful that you built this to dear Yanti too! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very cozy and adorable! Love the soft yellow color you used! The awnings add a great touch too! And the roofing is very wonderful! Your landscaping is very pretty! Very lovely gardens, the backyard is very vibrant too! Love how you did with a water slide pool. And your interior, so gorgeous! Love the earthy tones you chose, the rooms are wonderfully designed too!
    I love it too! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Gorgeous home dear Cath! Stunning architecture and landscaping. Love the backyard. Looks so welcoming with all those fun activity items. I see that you had fun using the items from the new stuff packs. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3 Not much of simming time these days.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Oh Cath! No place like home is so beautiful! I love it in and out! Great job as always! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    @WrathofCath,
    Another lovely home from you! You are soooo talented! Thank you. I can just see a large family in this cozy home. You always have such beautiful exteriors, and I really like how you found and matched the sunflower bedroom accents together. Lovely! :)
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cath, my dear! Your creativity and attention to detail never ceases to amaze and delight. The homes you build are so warm and welcoming. Thanks for the shot of inspiration. I am looking forward to DLing this lovely build and exploring it in game. Hope you and yours are well. Sending hugs. ~Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]