Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Great job, @Kgaff ! I like that we picked the same guy too. ;)

Thanks @ciane he was, actually still is, a lot of fun. Isn't it interesting how many different ways a sims life can go!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Looks like Felipe was the favorite! :smiley:
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Screenshot-515_zpsnbxvfpix.jpg

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Summer Designer Showdown Challenge No. 179

NAME: paneinger

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15027972/#Comment_15027972

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: there's a few pics of Dorian in my media

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 30; 49,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I'm a bit of a roadie and a huge rock/punk/folk music fan myself, so naturally I picked Dorian. I tried to make the ultimate bachelor pad for an artist who is away a lot, but needs a nice place to come home to write and practice, without making it look like a giant teenage punk's room. Its clean, sharp and modern/cozy with everything he could need. Plenty of stuff to drink around, and on most surfaces you'll find an (empty?) bottle, lots of books for poetic inspiration, several ipods and a huge stereo, and some musical instruments. The decor is a little bit geeky from old Nintendo bits that he played as a kid. There's room for entertaining, so he can come back from gigs and bring other musicians with him to collaborate and party a little bit more in style. I decorated in black and shades of grey, with raw wood and leather, and accents like old, well-loved oriental rugs and bohemian styles. The landscaping is a little bit sparse, to cope with the fact that he's not home enough to really play in the garden and he needs something that can essentially live on its own. I also gave him a dog, Daisy, because dogs are really the only thing that make me as happy as good music does and I imagine he'd feel the same ;) I hope you like it! I really enjoyed building this one and I tried to make it a realistic portrayal of a young rocker's home base.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: I use more cc than ea content >.>

• ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #179 - Summer Designer Showdown

NAME: ElleDaes

LINK TO LOT: Loading Issues on Exchange…tba

LINK TO MEDIA: s112.photobucket.com/user/smwsda/slideshow/Build-N-Share%20Challenge%20No%20179

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: not included

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 72 Water Lily Lane, Sunset Valley. 50,000.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Lot Blurb: This 2 Bedroom 1 Bath Modern home is designed for the up and coming CEO in mind. The main floor boasts an open floor plan with a living room, dining room, kitchen/bar for entertaining and networking with business associates and a small office for working from home. The second floor holds two bedrooms with private balconies, and a shared luxurious bath. Exquisite art can be viewed throughout. The lot is fully landscape and includes a carport and central air.

Details: Designed with a Modern Naturalist aspect. Smooth lines and light woods are accented with organic shapes and greenery. Splashes of aqua have been included throughout, but minimized overall, as it’s quite a bright color, and offset by a complimentary warm red. There is plenty of custom content as the sims base/store content simply did not have the right feel. The first floor is designed as a party and work space, while the second level is strictly for relaxation and intimate conversations. The bath, though shared, is spacious and designed to be a fortress of solitude to ease the stress of a long day of work. Fill the bath with bubbles and know that no one can reach you here. The unique accents and layout are perfect for a perfectionist, snob sim who needs to impress the boss on his climb to the top and enjoy the top quality atmosphere.

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to put some finishing touches on the media, but the images are there.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Thanks to the contributors at TheSimsResource.com:
    Wondymoon
    Nynaeve Designs
    Ung999
    Marcorse
    Lulu265
    Artvitalex
    Spacesims
    Just to follow up, I built for Neil Hawthorne. But, I'm having a lot of trouble getting my lot to show up in my studio. Still working on it.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge 179 is now closed

180 will be up shortly ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @ElleDaes - if you can get your post in today, we can still accept it sweetie.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge 180 The Sorceress

Mihoshi Eternalwing, one of the most powerful sorceresses of her world, had always viewed her magic as a living thing. It kept her from taking her magic for granted. Usually it was like a well trained pet. Obedient. Responsive to her every request with a precision that other magic users could only dream of. Usually.

This time however it swept her along like a tidal wave, overpowering any attempts she made to stop it or alter it’s course. All she could do was try not to drown as she waited to see what her magic was going to do. Finall, the surge stopped.

Everything stopped.

It was a breathless moment where everything hung suspended in one crystalline moment. As if Father Time had abandoned his post. Then the world exploded.

When Mihoshi awoke, she was lying on the ground with pieces of her home around her and unfamiliar stars above her. She got up very carefully, taking stock of her health. Bumps, bruises, and scrapes seemed to be the worst of her situation. However the effort of casting a small ball of light was worrisome. It meant she was mostly tapped out in terms of magic. Her magic would come back, but it would take time.

You stare at her in utter fascination, your cup of tea abandoned though still held in your hand. “So I found my way to this town,” Mihoshi says, flipping her long, dark hair over shoulder. It gleams amethyst in the light. “And met some faeries who told me what you did for them. Now I’m here talking to you.”

“And…what do you need me to do?” You ask hesitantly, finally putting your cup down.

Her dark purple velvet eyes take on an annoyed look. “I need you to rebuild my castle. So I have somewhere to live while my magic recharges and I track down the things that got scattered across time and space,” She says slowly and clearly, as if speaking to someone who isn’t all there.

“….okay.” You shake off the mind boggling feeling and seize onto the one thing you can wrap your mind around. “What do you need in a home?”

“Um, I don’t really know,” Mihoshi admits, blushing. “I inherited the castle. There was my pretty lavish master suite and a bunch of guest rooms. I really didn't pay much attention to how many rooms I had. I had my lab, which was fairly large, and-”

“Lab?” You interrupt.

“Yeah. I did magical experiments and stuff there.” She says in the same kind of casual tone someone would use while talking about getting a cup of coffee. “And a huge library. I think it was at least 3 or more stories tall. I really need my library.”

“Did you have a budget?” You ask hesitantly.

“No. Part of the castle that came with me was the treasury so…oh! And if you could wall off my lot, or make it really hard to reach or both, that would be great. I get…cranky when people interrupt my research to ask for stupid things like immortality and eternal youth. Then people start complaining about disappearances and it just goes down hill from there.” She suddenly laughs at your horrified expression. “I’m kidding. At least about the last part. I really don’t want to be bothered though.”

“Oh…um. No problem.”

Brief:
    Rebuild Mihoshi’s castle
    3 story library
    Lab for her to experiment in
    No budget
    Walled in lot
    Landscaping

Optional:
    Make Mihoshi. She is bookworm, handy and a genius
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Hi @ElleDaes Welcome to the forums While you are still listed as a new member you are not allowed to post links until you become a member with 50 posts, so if I may I would like to post the link to your photos because you did a great job and it deserves to be seen.

Link to ElleDaes photobucket slideshow: http://s112.photobucket.com/user/smwsda/slideshow/Build-N-Share Challenge No 179
    Thanks, Kgaff. Unfortunately, I haven't sorted out the issue with uploading my lot to the exchange. Which is very frustrating, I can attest. Because I really like the way it turned out and kind of want to show it off to my network. Even if it can't be judged because of the lateness, I'm still going to try to get it up. I was really inspired by the sim I chose for my design. :)
    I gave up on the exchange - probably an issue with file size - and created a mediafire account. This is too late I know. But, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, I worked hard on this. Link to lot below:
    www.mediafire.com/?rh1y1w2h71f1gst
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    You did a great job @ElleDaes. I just looked through the photobucket pictures, I'm glad you managed to get it uploaded in some way. I am sure people will enjoy your house.
    ElleDaes wrote: »
    I gave up on the exchange - probably an issue with file size - and created a mediafire account. This is too late I know. But, plum it, I worked hard on this. Link to lot below:
    www.mediafire.com/?rh1y1w2h71f1gst

@ElleDaes you aren't required to upload the lot to be considered part of the competition; we really only need the specs (lot size, address, cost, etc.) and your screenshots for judging. Uploading the lot is only for other simmers to download/rec as they wish, since we don't download the lots for judging. All of this to say that you got your entry in on time as far as I can tell and will definitely be included!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    How are y'all getting on with The Sorceress??
    GArBA5W.jpg
    How are y'all getting on with The Sorceress??

Working on it but it really is a challenge!!
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #179 SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #179 SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    Great work everyone with challenge #179! It was definitely a fun challenge to be part of this time around =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Coming out again from lurker mode to say well done everyone on the previous challenge. Rec'd all the entries that made it to the exchange. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with Sorceress :smiley:
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Hi, all. I love doing building challenges here on the forums and elsewhere. I've not done one with this group before but thought I'd try my hand at the the Sorceress! I'm not sure I ever realized just how much stuff I had for this sort of build in the Sims 3- lol! It's great fun so far.
    Welcome to BuildNShare @JasonAnthonySterling ! Let us know if you have any questions. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Challenge 180!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: The Sorceress: Challenge No. 180

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970247

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 180
    Password: Castle (note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 64 X 64: 230 Valley View Drive, Moonlight Falls: Final Cost: 361,188

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I wanted to build a sort of gothic, arts and craft castle that looked like it had been around for generations of owners and architectural styles. I wanted it to feel like each owner felt the need to add a wing here or a room there until the whole thing looked a bit like a hodge-podge and organic structure. I wanted it to look almost as if magic played a part in keeping the structure from flying apart. The library conceals the entrance to the lab and there is a special room for a mostly black and four legged familiar. Due to some leveling issues some pictures may show messed up windows or furniture pieces. I think I fixed everything for the uploaded lot and removed most of the pictures, but if some have snuck in I am sorry. Alright that's about it, hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @mederouin Wow, your castle looks great! I'm sweating it out here at the end hoping I get it done- lol. I'm mostly finished but of course as I take pictures I think, hmm... maybe I'll change that and then I have to take another picture of the area and then I think, hmm... maybe I'll change that next to it too and then I have to take another picture of the area and then I think- LOL! I love the exterior landsculpting work you did- very nice.
    @mederouin I think you succeeded in your quest for a Gothic castle, It looks wonderful! I wish I could manipulate the terrain like you do.

@JasonAnthonySterling You made me laugh with picture taking! I do that too, but you just have to stop and "It's done!" Here's a tip: don't forget the toilet paper in the bathrooms, they are real sticklers when it comes to toilet paper LOL! :)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: The Sorceress Challenge 180

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: none, my launcher is being fussy

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/BnS 180 The Sorceress/story

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:n/a I just didn't have time.

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50 - 10 Swallow St, Midnight Hollow, 360,891 big ol' simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

The Sorceress Castle

I really just let myself go with this build, I tried to make it feel medieval but still have some comforts. The three story library was quite a challenge because I wanted to give the castle the feeling of spaciousness with high ceilings with lots of wall hangings.

The main floor is a large hall with the dining area and seating area. Adjacent is the small but serviceable kitchen. There is also a formal 2 story open parlor with a crystal ball and spell book podium that opens to the first level of the three story library.

The second floor is comprised of the guest quarters, 3 private bedrooms and a guest bath as well as the second level of the library with a small balcony that overlooks the formal parlor below.

The entire third floor is library with two desks, a chess board and more books.

I decided that the Sorceress's master suite should be close to her lab but far from the "guest" quarters, so I made her a special place all of her own in the basement. The master suite has a couple of surprises that help make it feel light and airy even though it is underground.

Since I don't have the Supernatural EP, I used several of the science items, a lab station, a cauldron and a few other odds and ends to give a feeling of a magical laboratory.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top