Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the lack of EP3 news/any news *honest thoughts*

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Made me cut the last strings finally.. this game is such a big failure and they know it. How they handle these things are even more sad and disgusting. Im done with ts4.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I wish they would say if we are even getting one this year..
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I think ideally, the community would find it awesome, if you said - we are going to start working on a pets expansion pack. What did you like or dislike from previous pets packs that we should know? And then in the next six months we would all work together, and you can take our imput. You can explain, well, I know you love flying unicorns but because of xyz we are unable to do that. Since there aren't any competitors of The Sims, it feels strange that everything is all hush hush. But I understand that it's not your decision.

P.S. I love the quarterly trailers!
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I think ideally, the community would find it awesome, if you said - we are going to start working on a pets expansion pack. What did you like or dislike from previous pets packs that we should know? And then in the next six months we would all work together, and you can take our imput. You can explain, well, I know you love flying unicorns but because of xyz we are unable to do that. Since there aren't any competitors of The Sims, it feels strange that everything is all hush hush. But I understand that it's not your decision.

They've never asked for our input like that. Chances are they never will. They'd never get anything done if it relied mostly on community feedback. Between us, we all couldn't find a common denominator for what we want. And I doubt they'd ever do that on a majority rules thing either. It's a game, not a democracy.

• jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    To be honest its a bit upsetting and I'm waiting for disappointment for EP3. I hope they prove me wrong. It just seems like forever to hear just a little teaser if anything about whats upcoming for the sims 4.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed, They can announce content anytime (Which they act like is too hard). I don't follow Gamescom, but it makes it more exciting when the actual game you're playing is involved too. I'd rather skip watching that Plum Rachel embarrass us, and her self like last time. The team has been lacking so much it's beyond words. All I know is they need to SAY SOMETHING. Like, I really don't understand these folks logic. All this silence, and waiting better be worth it, because the last two "expansion" packs they've thrown at us is really nothing. I left TS3 at Showtime, I hope I don't have to do it again. Build Mode, The Art style, and Maxis-Match CC are the only things that are keeping me at this point.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »

They've never asked for our input like that. Chances are they never will. They'd never get anything done if it relied mostly on community feedback. Between us, we all couldn't find a common denominator for what we want. And I doubt they'd ever do that on a majority rules thing either. It's a game, not a democracy.

I know. But it's what I want.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I feel sad. Bad enough having toddlers and supernaturals put on the back burner. Even worst finding out the news that EPs are going to be the rarest of packs too. They were always my favorite packs and only packs I could depend on to bring out new life states. Get Together broke that hope. It feels like the Sims 4 was designed in a tiny fish bowl, so why majority of packs are kept small.

Quick query.

Are the packs smaller or is that just your perspective?

He didn't said "smaller" he said "small" as in TS4 has lots of small packs, ex: Stuff Packs and Game Packs. Don't know why your mind took you to think he's comparing anything.
    LOL another person thinking I'm a dude. *Giggles a bit*. See @SimGuruGraham, you aren't the only one that thinks I'm a guy. Small as in the neighborhood size and lots remind me too much of the Sims 1 size, yet that game was built for the larger EPs only. So I'm thinking GPs and SPs, the smaller packs will be priority because the map sizes are so small. I still think the Kids Room pack is the best SP so far. It brings cool replayable game play that will work well with the other packs. But yes small as in EPs, the larger packs will be less for this iteration than all three of the other iterations. So there will be many small packs with the GPs and SPs. Seems like 1 EP per year, 2 GPs per year, and 4 SPs for year, so yes the smaller packs will be more common. Kind of funny that I write this because there are some objects that are really large that the modding community has made small versions of. XD But yeah for Simmers that prefer EPs, there isn't going to be a lot of products for assuming there will be 1 EP per fiscal year. EPs are one of the few packs that allow for larger features like life states and full neighborhoods, since the smaller packs have a tighter budget on number of features they can do.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm used to no news on what matters to me. It's been heartbreaking but it's given me a new perspective on trusting Maxis /EA on their word. At this point I won't trust anything they say until I see it in game. No more 'potential', no more 'stable base capable of fulfilling all your desires' etc etc etc. Heard a lot of promise for potential and not a lot of action. They will never see a preorder from me again. They ruined that trust I had in Maxis since sims 1 in preordering sight unseen. It's pretty sad but I don't think the company care about loyalty any more, if they ever did.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Neither do I. People like shrieking about the sky falling in for no apparent reason. When it's put into perspective, the last pack was recently released. It's not like they stopped releasing things. There's no proof that there are issues with the games engine. There's no less content than there was for other iterations, to the best of my knowledge. People like doomsaying here.

I think people are going too far, but there is evidence of problems: low population limits, culling, relationship decay/culling...

How much expansion can we expect when playing the game with the released packs already affects performance so much that culling/decay was added as a performance fix, (even if it the gurus say decay is over-aggressive)? Does it really make sense to expect them to add many more worlds when the population limit is so low? Unless something major changes, I don't think there's room for much more.

I don't have an issue with low population limits. I have a lot of sims on every lot.
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Jerrello wrote: »
    At this point I'm kinda numb to it all. I don't expect them to do the obvious like communicate or deliver what we asked for because that simply makes too much sense.
    It's sad the way EA refuses to communicate anything with us until a week or so before something releases. It just comes down to out of touch management really, look at the state they released the game in. I'm not surprised by the silence, the excuses, giving us everything except what we have asked for, or blaming us because they can't deliver what they promised. I'm sure their handling the next EP like what can we give them that will shut them up other than generations, supernatural, seasons, and pets..what about picnics? Jokes aside, I do think the next EP may be decent just not exactly what we asked for. I just don't have high expectations for them at all, especially when they went back on their word with video teasers and gave us a gif.

I wanted to specifically address the part in bold regarding our teasers.

The quarterly teasers are a new thing, we've never done them before which means there will be a lot of experimentation on how we do them until we feel we get to a good place where it meets our expectations and yours. Especially during down times where we aren't releasing paid content and just don't have enough for a video. We know now that a GIF / animated render is not a good avenue for showing content and will make sure we don't do those for quarterly teasers going forward.

@SimGuruDrake I don't want to be offensive, I appreciate your work as the community manager, but when it comes to marketing content, shouldn't EA have professionals that know all the tricks and stuff to approach people with payed content? Why are you (the team) experimenting on us when these things should be known?

I think there seems to be some misunderstanding of how things work within a studio team so I'll try to explain the best I can:

The Quarterly Teasers, Blogs, Live streams, and Social Posts are not handled by Product Marketing. They are handled by Communications / Community Engagement (my team) which are completely separate from Product Marketing.

Quarterly Teasers have only been part of our communications strategy until very recently and only because you, the core community, were wanting more news outside of our normal cadence of communication. I, personally, think we do a fantastic job of communicating content on announce and heading into release. We make sure we highlight what is and isn't available in the pack because we know the things that you truly care to know about in any given piece of content and I have even made sure to now have a live stream the Friday prior to release so it gives you plenty of time to contemplate your purchase after seeing actual game play and had your questions answered.

But quarterly teasers are a new thing for our team. It's not something that we ever planned on having and because there are so many voices who want different things out of these teasers we are trying to make sure we can try to hit as many of those requests as possible while also making sure that our Team and the NA and International Marketing Teams don't have their campaigns for the content hurt prior to it's official full announce / reveal.

We have to think about things on a much larger scale than just "giving a hint". Our team has to think about how this will affect the way other teams are able to effectively communicate things out --could it affect their campaigns, could this affect how retailers are able to market the product, could this affect how we are able to effectively talk about something, can or should we start talking about that one thing once we hint it out, will the community take this and speculate in a completely wrong direction, how will this affect the way the SimGurus engage with the community, etc.

Let's get even more honest here: Would I like to be selfish and just tell you all the things? Of course! I AM a fan of the franchise and I DO get extremely excited about the things this incredible team is working on. But giving you a leak isn't worth the stress or losing my job. Which is why I've repeatedly tried to find a middle ground to pacify your want for more information while also recognizing there are much more things in play than you are able to see.

Miss Drake please take over the forum. You are amazing! <3
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I'm just hoping that the next EP comes out before the year is over. If not, then I will be really upset.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am thinking an EP will be released this fall maybe late October or early November or at least hoping for seasons and maybe a couple of pets released and toddlers.
    SGDRAKE I'd be on cloud 9 if EP3 is Amusement Parks with ferris wheels, rollercoasters, carousels and gondelas.

We got all of those except for ferris wheels in TS3
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @BrattonMatton I am so with you on that one. I literally love reading her posts. I hereby officially declare myself a @SimGuruDrake fangirl.
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    @BrattonMatton I am so with you on that one. I literally love reading her posts. I hereby officially declare myself a @SimGuruDrake fangirl.

Me toooo! :)
  • ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    I am starting to think that there will be no EP this year.

Get Together was announced way before the release, in August 2015 and was meant to be released in November. This means that they thought it would take 3 months to finish developing the EP, but actually it took four month to finish it, because it was delayed. So that means 4 months + 1-2 to stage a trailer (which doesn't require any complete game logic yet, only scripted animations). And let's not forget about those assets from the game - Get Together's pieces.

And know the previous quarterly teaser is for July-September, which means the next announcement can take place only in October. Even if they release the next EP in October, there will be no time to complete it before the year ends.

I know that different things are being developed simoltaneously, and I really hope that this silence means that they focused on just developing the EP, but... All their words about new vision, non-definite schedule etc make me think that they are either preparing us to the new reality with with very rare EPs or teasing before a very big surprise with toddlers-unicorns-supernaturals-university in one EP :)
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016

Me toooo! :)
    I think I'm just her moral support and welcome wagon. She's really nice to talk to about things not even Sims related. I guess I consider her a fellow Simmer friend like others I have met on forums. SimStaffBethelle is pretty cool too and surprisingly funny. Like even though SimGuruDrake is a Guru, she is very relatable as a fellow fan of the Sims. I've been quite impressed by her work style and who she is as a person. It's been a pleasure getting to know her as a fellow Simmer. I sometimes have a hard time thinking of her like a Guru sometimes. She definitely feels like a fellow human and friend, although she might have some dragon in her DNA. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I love Sims 4 I thinks it a great game but I really hate the lack of information though since personally I believe the you should try to include your customers with these things and not expect us to be happy with news one week before realease. Quarterly teasers would be better if it had actual information and not just secret images hidden in a photo since I feel that its a bit of a slap in the face.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Neither do I. People like shrieking about the sky falling in for no apparent reason. When it's put into perspective, the last pack was recently released. It's not like they stopped releasing things. There's no proof that there are issues with the games engine. There's no less content than there was for other iterations, to the best of my knowledge. People like doomsaying here.

I think people are going too far, but there is evidence of problems: low population limits, culling, relationship decay/culling...

How much expansion can we expect when playing the game with the released packs already affects performance so much that culling/decay was added as a performance fix, (even if it the gurus say decay is over-aggressive)? Does it really make sense to expect them to add many more worlds when the population limit is so low? Unless something major changes, I don't think there's room for much more.

I don't have an issue with low population limits. I have a lot of sims on every lot.

Sorry if I was confusing. That's not really what I mean. I mean the limit of 210 sims per save/game. If it's exceeded, sims are culled. It's hard for me to imagine many more worlds being added when a lot of people are already hitting the limit and experiencing culling.

Sorry if I was confusing. That's not really what I mean. I mean the limit of 210 sims per save/game. If it's exceeded, sims are culled. It's hard for me to imagine many more worlds being added when a lot of people are already hitting the limit and experiencing culling.

I thought it was suppose to have went up from an earlier patch after Get Together came out. Last I heard they wouldn't get culled till it went over 800 or 1800 forget which.

Back to the EP they could announce it in Early October and release it in Mid November. I don't think the wait will be as long this time after the EP is announced. I hope not anyway. I'm also wanting a second Gamepack this year but if we can't get that then a Stuffpack after the EP release about a month after.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

I thought it was suppose to have went up from an earlier patch after Get Together came out. Last I heard they wouldn't get culled till it went over 800 or 1800 forget which.

Back to the EP they could announce it in Early October and release it in Mid November. I don't think the wait will be as long this time after the EP is announced. I hope not anyway. I'm also wanting a second Gamepack this year but if we can't get that then a Stuffpack after the EP release about a month after.

WOW! I don't remember anything like this. I thought it was still 210- I usually follow the patch notes and the topics here after the patch and I can't remember ANYTHING about an increase like this.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Vindicated that I stopped giving them money a long time ago.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited July 2016
    @SimGuruDrake Hi Drake, I was just reading your last comment and you said you didn't want to leak anything because it's not worth losing your job, but It got me wondering? Why exactly can't a certain EP be announced in one quarter and spoken about in that quarter if it's not being released within that said quarter? I know Grahams touched on it before but is there a specific rule that stops you guys from doing so? Thank you for coming in here and giving your say also :)

ETA: I honestly don't know how things work in studios like this but due to the community reaction on the lack of EP news I'd suggest maybe teasing an object/something from the next EP or a behind the scenes look/concept art from it, just to keep us excited until the official teaser/announce. Especially as we wont know anything about it until gone September, but as I say I don't work there and don't know what is/isn't allowed to be done :persevere: