Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamescom 2016

Comments

• ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I've seen this getting asked a lot and as we get closer to Gamescom we want to set your expectations:

We will not be making any announcements at Gamescom this year and will not be on the show floor. However, we will have a closed panel + Q&A with Rachel and Lyndsay about the Sims Franchise. If you’re going to be at Gamescom let us know! We’d love to meet you

Thank you for letting us know, Drake. :)
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I've seen this getting asked a lot and as we get closer to Gamescom we want to set your expectations:

We will not be making any announcements at Gamescom this year and will not be on the show floor. However, we will have a closed panel + Q&A with Rachel and Lyndsay about the Sims Franchise. If you’re going to be at Gamescom let us know! We’d love to meet you :)

Thank you for letting us know, Drake. :)

No thanks necessary, I know it's something that a lot of you wanted to know so I'm happy I could provide an answer. For those who will be at Gamescom to check out the show I'd love to meet you!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I hope they announce more stuff packs
    tumblr_n7opzaDnjP1svi3flo1_500.gif

Oh god no...please no

(And yes that is both to the gif and the stuff packs D:)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member

We will not be making any announcements at Gamescom this year and will not be on the show floor. However, we will have a closed panel + Q&A with Rachel and Lyndsay about the Sims Franchise. If you’re going to be at Gamescom let us know! We’d love to meet you :)

Can you explain why.....?

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/m/img/suspicious-memes/43646590.jpg[/img]
    thatsupicious.JPG
    [img]https://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/500x/67245872.jpg[/img]
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If nothing is announced in August, that will mean no EP in October and November.
    The next and last possible announcement will be in October with the quarter teaser.

Not necessarily -- they could announce end of August and release it end of September or even early October. It's only free content that has to be released the same quarter it's teased -- and they could give us a second teaser for free content in September.

You mean October, the next teaser would be in October not September :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2016
    beville wrote: »
    Hmm Q & A huh ? Makes me wonder what will they answers? Example question (Will we ever get toddlers) answer ( can't answer that right now next question).Will we ever get cars? (can't answer that right now).Oh yes that's how it will go down. ;)

It s probebly not a q and a about future sim titles.

(fixed the double quote - SimGuruDrake)
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If nothing is announced in August, that will mean no EP in October and November.
    The next and last possible announcement will be in October with the quarter teaser.

Not necessarily -- they could announce end of August and release it end of September or even early October. It's only free content that has to be released the same quarter it's teased -- and they could give us a second teaser for free content in September.

No it would be in September to show what s coming in October to December.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2016

No it would be in September to show what s coming in October to December.

Actually, @AquaSimmer1212 is correct. The teaser for April-June was released in April and the teaser for July-September was released in July. Unless they plan on changing that.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

thatsupicious.JPG

Because there is nothing to show? This whole marketing thing is really awesome with this game.
    edited July 2016
    beville wrote: »
    Hmm Q & A huh ? Makes me wonder what will they answers? Example question (Will we ever get toddlers) answer ( can't answer that right now next question).Will we ever get cars? (can't answer that right now).Oh yes that's how it will go down. ;)

'Can't talk about it at the moment' - 'Anything is possible!' - 'Maybe' - 'We have nothing new to share at this time' - 'The fans will be the first to know' - 'Currently there are no plans to....' etc. etc.

That's why I think the Q&A sessions are not needed because they aren't going to share anything new anyway. I mean what do people want to know? what their favorite color/food/holiday destination/animal is? That's how it went down here on the forum's Q&A thread too. Pointless.

Personally I am not interested in anything like that. The only thing I am interested in is this game and how they are going to fix it flaws and if they ever will fix it. They represent a label, a brand, a multimillion dollar brand. With all of that there's expectations, and their only task is to live up to the expactations the community has, that's what they need to do.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

thatsupicious.JPG

Because there is nothing to show? This whole marketing thing is really awesome with this game.

They announced GT even though it was nowhere near ready.. I wonder if this means the next EP won't be out for a whole other year.
    agent_bev wrote: »

thatsupicious.JPG

They announced GT even though it was nowhere near ready.. I wonder if this means the next EP won't be out for a whole other year.

Yeah, and when it comes out it will be another one that's extremely underwhelming. That's what the past 2 EPs have been at least.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, and when it comes out it will be another one that's extremely underwhelming. That's what the past 2 EPs have been at least.

...and the next, etc, until after you've installed them all and the next version is available... Then The Sims 5 will be broken and everything the developers have told us about it will have been a lie for at least two years. :*

Edit: Correcting layman-ized grammar. :D
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    This is really getting ridiculous. The secrecy, the lack of EP...give us a reason to want to stick by this game! I really don't want to dislike this game but it's gotten harder and harder not to.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    RIP EP3, now Maxis seem to care only about Stuff Packs
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    MocaJava wrote: »
    This is really getting ridiculous. The secrecy, the lack of EP...give us a reason to want to stick by this game! I really don't want to dislike this game but it's gotten harder and harder not to.

Obviously they don't want us to like it therefore the lack of communication and random malfunctions must be hints! I believe it means that they're already working on The Sims 5 and I expect it to fully utilize two Titan X video cards in SLI on an 8-core extreme processor. There should be a range of graphic options from 486DX to X99 Extreme and beyond with human-like emotions and autonomous decision-making!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

thatsupicious.JPG

From what I can gather GT wasn't that far behind in development. The pack was realistically pushed back a full month at the most, not enough time to make any huge additions or changes. Nov [date] to Dec 8, could even be less than a full month - we really don't know.

The problems stemming from GT were in regards to the marketing team, and development team not understanding what the pack was about. It's easy to say "clubs" in an email or memo, but when they brought it to GC they fell flat when they turned it into something it was supposedly not - a party EP.

We were pretty much told that we will only see content in the quarter it's to release, and GamesCom is next month which was covered in the terrible teaser we got earlier this month. We didn't see an EP, we knew that it would not be announced until October at the earliest.

My own 2 cents - I don't see why TS needs a Q&A panel. Like seriously what is the point when they are unable to talk about anything that players actually want to know??
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2016
    My own 2 cents - I don't see why TS needs a Q&A panel. Like seriously what is the point when they are unable to talk about anything that players actually want to know??

I'm going to guess that the panel is for those fansites with which they have "good working relationships" so that they can drum up some good publicity for TS4.
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    For this Q&A to have any credibility at all, the toddlers question must be asked. They may not give an answer and they may be evasive, but I expect the question to at least be asked because even staged Q&A's must present themselves as being somewhat legitimate to hold people's attention.

This is just random speculation: Maybe they have bad news which they're not ready to give us yet and they want to maintain their relationship with the community while they prepare for transitions.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2016

I'm going to guess that the panel is for those fansites with which they have "good working relationships" so that they can drum up some good publicity for TS4.

Not according to this, just a few posts above yours - that seems to mean people could be included?

For those who will be at Gamescom to check out the show I'd love to meet you!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Obviously they don't want us to like it therefore the lack of communication and random malfunctions must be hints! I believe it means that they're already working on The Sims 5 and I expect it to fully utilize two Titan X video cards in SLI on an 8-core extreme processor. There should be a range of graphic options from 486DX to X99 Extreme and beyond with human-like emotions and autonomous decision-making!

nah it'll be able to run on a potato...I mean a real potato connected with wires :D
  • lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member
    Here's my question for the gamescom; what new things can you tell us about the sims 4 since you can't/won't answer about toddlers, future packs, or any new worlds (which are badly needed)? :s:(:/:'(:| I like the stuff packs but we need packs that actually allow our Sims to do something, whether it's a new vacation world or the return of seasons/supernatural/pets/university... At this point I'm praying that there will be an expansion pack (with a new world) by the end of December :'(