Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can This MacBook Run It?

I want to buy the top of the range MacBook in Space Grey. I can't post a link but the product code is
86010731 on John Lewis's website.

Will it be suitable for my Simming needs? I want to be able to play smoothly on Medium to High settings. Will I be satisfied or shall I wait until the MacBook Pro gets colour options which will probably be in September. Any links to videos running the game on the laptop would be appreciated.

Comments

• Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    The MacBook's graphics system is not exactly very powerful for games. I'd say low graphics settings and smooth performance is a stretch.
    But the 15" MacBook Pro Retina, (the low end model, with only the Intel Iris Pro graphics system), will give you what you ask for, I have played plenty of hours on one of those :-)
  • kencokamokencokamo Posts: 192 Member
    Thanks. I'm hoping Apple will launch new MacBook Pro's in the colour options they have for their phones soon.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    I use a Macbook Pro late 2011 and I use medium to high settings and have smooth gameplay. It's great :)
  • Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    kencokamo wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm hoping Apple will launch new MacBook Pro's in the colour options they have for their phones soon.

If the rumors are true, that should happen. But with Apple, you don't know until the Keynote.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I use a Macbook Pro late 2011 and I use medium to high settings and have smooth gameplay. It's great :)

The OP is referring to a MacBook, not MacBook Pro. There is a huge difference in hardware, not least because the new MacBooks don't have fans so the amount of power it is capable of producing is restricted :)
    apple-signature.png