Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    I want the toddlers and babies to be like in the sims 2. The changing tables, being able to bathe the toddlers in the bath tub, its just a very important stage in the game (in my opinion). It's so sweet to watch them go from babies to toddlers and having the parents teach them how to walk, talk and be potty trained. I want to see that again for the sims 4, and with the improved graphics, it would be so dope! :)
  • flosiovisflosiovis Posts: 34 Member
    I want the toddlers and babies to be like in the sims 2. The changing tables, being able to bathe the toddlers in the bath tub, its just a very important stage in the game (in my opinion). It's so sweet to watch them go from babies to toddlers and having the parents teach them how to walk, talk and be potty trained. I want to see that again for the sims 4, and with the improved graphics, it would be so dope! :)

With the new graphics it would be SO adorable. In addition to what you said, strollers too! Since they can go jogging I keep imagining my more active mommy sims going jogging with their babies in the special tri-wheel stroller. That, and also carrying the babies around in one of those little wraps!
    flosiovis wrote: »

With the new graphics it would be SO adorable. In addition to what you said, strollers too! Since they can go jogging I keep imagining my more active mommy sims going jogging with their babies in the special tri-wheel stroller. That, and also carrying the babies around in one of those little wraps!

I completely agree! Strollers would be a great addition to the game! and I love to keep most of my sims active :)
  • SpeedermansSpeedermans Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool to have a Toddler Bathing Station (similar to the changing station) where the parents or teens can give the toddler a bath. The actions could be: Give Toddler Bath; Give Toddler Bubble Bath; Play with Toddler in Bath; It would raise the relationship between parent and toddler as well as boost the Playful emotion. Plus, it would be cute to see the toddler playing with a rubber freezer bunny toy during the bath. Sims that have high Handiness skill can upgrade it to Unbreakable, add speakers to play the new Nursery music station, and add mini massage jets which help toddlers feel relaxed and/or sleepy (if they are being bathed while their energy meter is low).

I also think it would be cute for the parents to be able to teach toddlers to be able to swim, too! For toddlers who haven't been taught to swim yet, can be placed in an inflatable tube that has a seat so they can be in the pool with the whole family. Plus, parents can sit along the pool edge and hold the toddler in their arms, too.

As far as the new Nursery music station, it can have lullabies and tunes that sound like what you'd hear from a wind-up music box.

Plus add some new crib designs, hairstyles, and a daybed or design a miniature crib-bed fusion type of thing that can be a transition from the crib to a regular sized bed.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I know this is probably going to sound silly, but I like how Sims could praise and scold pets in the Sims 2. I'm curious if this could work for toddlers too? Like I know helping raise my two nephews can be a challenge, but there are some things I saw they can and can't do while my sister says some things differently. So it would be interesting to see how different parenting styles could effect how Sims behave as a toddler and later on in life. I really hope a memory system is put in with toddlers too. I would love for toddlers to remember when they learned to walk, talk, sing, dance, and go potty.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry if this is a little off topic but I think there should be a life stage between toddler and child. It would be called...I don't know. Young children? They would represent preschool-2nd graders (they would represent ages 4 to 7).

I'm going to use random images from the Internet. (Most are video game concepts)

image.png

1520926-katey_greene_case_zero.jpg

il_570xN.249695989.jpg

latest?cb=20101013224338

bdff014827a76ba30d75d68eb1c7f687.jpg

latest?cb=20110107003554

image.png

image.png

They could be carried like toddlers and have interactions like children.

Nuna_Zazz_Highchair.jpg

Baby, toddler, miniature kid, big kid, teen-adult

Please Maxis! Plz consider it!

@SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake It's not really the worst idea
    Post edited by BrattonMatton on
    edited July 2016
    Preschoolers (formally toddler) (2-4)

Little Kids (5-7)

Big Kids (8-9)

Tweens (10-12)

Teens (13+)

Needed life stages are bolded

Crossed out we already have have

In blue we would have all together: Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kids, tweens, teens, and grown ups (young adult, adult, and elder)

Toddlers- can be lifted and carried (craddle, piggy back ride, on hip), draw on walls, play or make a mess in food, be bossed around by older siblings, fight with kids, can go to daycareor preshool, sleep in bed with parents or siblings, be read to (in bed or on lap)

Young children- can be lifted and carried (craddle, piggy back ride, on hip), draw on walls, play or make a mess in food, be bossed around by older siblings, fight with other kids, can go to daycare and elementry school, sleep in bed with parents or siblings, be read to (in bed or on lap), cannot fully read but read some words

Preteen- go to middle school, use treadmill and punching bag, can skateboards, babysitt, push younger children on swings,
    Post edited by BrattonMatton on
  • rimurryrimurry Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see teens get parenting experience for certain interactions with babies and toddlers. Example: Teen changes diapers, feeds, teaches. Maybe when we get the university pack sims can study early child development and become parenting experts or something like that. Pacifiers and bottles should be hard for a toddler to give up.
    I was just thinking what if Voidcritters become a Monster NPC for toddlers to play with? Someone else mentioned create your own monster and I was just thinking, what if you could make your own Voidcritter? I guess I just still really love Monsters Inc. and think it would be cute for toddlers to be scared and be friends with monsters.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    rimurry wrote: »
    I would like to see teens get parenting experience for certain interactions with babies and toddlers. Example: Teen changes diapers, feeds, teaches. Maybe when we get the university pack sims can study early child development and become parenting experts or something like that. Pacifiers and bottles should be hard for a toddler to give up.

Haha it could be the "Parenting Experiment". If teens are ready to become parents, they have to to take care of babies, toddlers, and children. Teens have 1-3 days of looking out for a younger sibling or someone else's (preferably someone they know). This would be known as babysitting. Teens can also take babysitting classes as an option. I'd also like the idea if preteens can babysit too.

From what I read on a site:

-Being old enough to babysit is more about maturity than age (Imagine a teen sitting and texting and doing nothing when someone younger is actually doing the job)

-Start taking courses

-Start babysitting for an hour or two as an starter

Types of babysitters:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gljzuqbf6-w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxXkwPkHn3k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ceXWH3gfwI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vfxekUnKQ

Lol
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I like thay Idea family planning education class that an experience for teens to become parents had to take like a doll home well if they have little bro. And sis. They can help parents with them while gaining a new skill parenting.
  • FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    How come this is pinned as an "announcement" or whatever? does that mean anything?
    FertieSims wrote: »
    How come this is pinned as an "announcement" or whatever? does that mean anything?

It's to post ideas for toddlers so Sims devs can make them better. It's also to get their attention and our hopes to for toddlers to come back soon.
    edited July 2016
    So it was a bit challenging to get my toddler nephew to take a nap today. But once he did he was out. Why I wanted to suggest the idea of Sims singing their toddlers, babies, and children lullabies to fall asleep to.

These two lullabies worked great for me today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDVvB7Xx1w&ab_channel=SesameStreet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w1Z7e0lNgo&ab_channel=Zipangu
    Scobre wrote: »
    So it was a bit challenging to get my toddler nephew to take a nap today. But once he did he was out. Why I wanted to suggest the idea of Sims singing their toddlers, babies, and children lullabies to fall asleep to.

These two lullabies worked great for me today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDVvB7Xx1w&ab_channel=SesameStreet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w1Z7e0lNgo&ab_channel=Zipangu

I never bothered with lullabies with my kids. They will go to sleep right away.
    edited July 2016
    That's cool. I guess kids vary with it, why I'd like it to be an option for the Sims to do lullabies too. My nephew likes to sing a lot so he loves lullabies. He loves singing ABCs and Elmo's World which I'm quite impressed by since he's not even two yet. I sing Frere Jacques to him too. His older brother loved the Curious George songs by Jack Johnson when he was a baby and toddler. My family has always been quite musical I guess.

Oh my nephew also loves listening to when my family plays music like when my brother plays piano. It was quite cute my cat was listening to my brother play trumpet and me on flute tonight. So it would be cool if toddlers could listen and react to music too.
    edited July 2016
    I posted this in a message to SimGuruDrake, but I figure I might as well post it here too in bits at least. Basically it is in reference to toddlers and family play in general. I do feel sorry she might have to read it all since I type too much, so sorry SimGuruDrake.

"I'm mostly a chaotic family player which works well for my deviant style to be combined with family play at times. I like giving families from bad situations a good life because it is what I hope for in my own life. Raising kids is interesting at least from raising two so far. Both are boys and half brothers, one toddler age and the other a child. I like to joke that if toddlers were to return to the Sims 4, my youngest nephew will have already been through that stage of his life. One of the first things they learn to do is talk a few words or maybe a letter. Then they learn to walk. Then they learn to talk and sing. Then they learn to talk full sentences and LOL that can be interesting sometimes.

I did take a child development class too which I actually would recommend for any Guru wanting to research family play. Baby and toddler life stages are the most crucial parts of growing up. Some of the events that happen during that time help shape who a person will become later on in life. Like losing a father at a young age can have effects on a child while growing up or when a divorce happens or abuse. Happy and sad events like that can shape a person who they are later in life. Why when the Sims 4 was advertised I really thought emotions and reactions to events were going to have a lasting effect in the game, so that was a disappointment.

My ideal family play situation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w&ab_channel=ElectronicArts
    I mean toddlers and babies causing chaos yet being so cute at the same time would be awesome. As much as the Sims 2 did life stages and family play well, there is just so much more potential for it. Other aspects of family play that are important to me are pets and supernaturals. So Sims having hybrid life states makes stories really interesting to tell.

My eldest nephew is a homebody, heavy sleeper, loves drawing and painting, likes video games, likes to read, a hard worker, likes to talk a lot, and wishes to be an gardener or engineer when he grows up. He basically likes fixing things, so he's handy. His favorite toys are a penguin stuff animal and his Baymax toy, and RC cars. He loved going on his bouncer. My youngest nephew also likes the bouncer. His favorite toys are a gorilla stuff animal named Bob and a baby doll named Carl and a Wonder Woman doll. He loves to sing, yet is shy, and lately only wants family to hold him.

These are just some real life tips I've learned from raising my nephews. Some diaper changing tips for baby and toddlers. Coconut butter and and eczema cream help with rashes. Make sure baby doesn't fall during a diaper change. Make sure to get the diaper on them because they will pee on you at some point. Some other tips. Toddlers will get into everything and make sure to baby proof the house. Toddlers are able to take off the plug protectors, so important to keep an eye on them. They will likely fall and cut their lip. Make sure toddlers don't get too close to the TV since it is bad for their eyes, but they will try to do it anyway. Basically they test your boundaries and will do things even if you say no. They will grab and pull a cat's tail and other parts of her body so make sure the cat doesn't scratch them. They will try to grab food as you feed them and throw food at you. They will make a mess. Bouncers are wonderful for building their strength for walking. Walkers are actually bad according to studies. Car seats are pricey and recommended to be rear facing until two and then face front after that. Strollers are nice for walks and for walking dogs. There is something called a bobby which is good for babies that looks like a C and helps them learn to sit. Leashes are great for toddlers especially to prevent them from running away from you at public locations. Singing and rocking puts babies and toddlers to sleep. Expect them to throw up on you so good to have a fabric diaper for that and baby wipes."

Congrats on getting the thread to announcements sparkfairy. I hope the 1 year quest of trying to get Maxis to understand family play will pay off with this thread and your other thread. I miss you too.

THIS!!!! My most favorite sims trailer ever!!! I want this for the sims 4
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I was just thinking what if Voidcritters become a Monster NPC for toddlers to play with? Someone else mentioned create your own monster and I was just thinking, what if you could make your own Voidcritter? I guess I just still really love Monsters Inc. and think it would be cute for toddlers to be scared and be friends with monsters.

This is epic and I love it waaaaay more than the imaginary friends of Sims 3!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I like thay Idea family planning education class that an experience for teens to become parents had to take like a doll home well if they have little bro. And sis. They can help parents with them while gaining a new skill parenting.

These ideas are very cool! It could go with an interactive babysitting teen career even, but maybe not one that happened regularly - just occasional sitting. Even with the parents still there it would be neat :) (My daughter as a teen used to go across the street to care for a toddler and a baby while the parents did housework.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    That's cool. I guess kids vary with it, why I'd like it to be an option for the Sims to do lullabies too. My nephew likes to sing a lot so he loves lullabies. He loves singing ABCs and Elmo's World which I'm quite impressed by since he's not even two yet. I sing Frere Jacques to him too. His older brother loved the Curious George songs by Jack Johnson when he was a baby and toddler. My family has always been quite musical I guess.

Oh my nephew also loves listening to when my family plays music like when my brother plays piano. It was quite cute my cat was listening to my brother play trumpet and me on flute tonight. So it would be cool if toddlers could listen and react to music too.

On a rare occasion, I used a lullaby on my 7mo baby. It made her quiet.
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    There's so many great ideas in this thread. It's just a shame that I'm fairly sure EA/Maxis aren't listening at all and just made this thread to stop all the "Where are toddlers?" threads from taking up space.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Really need them toddlers to come back and free babies . So mom and dad can do more with them .
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    Really need them toddlers to come back and free babies . So mom and dad can do more with them .

I have been playing TS3 and the toddler stage has been so important to my family.

On topic: I miss giving toddlers a bath in the tub and babies in the sink. I hope so much that toddlers will reappear in TS4 and at the same time babies will become babies not objects.

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    For their behavior:
    http://qklnk.co/Emfw0P
    :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    FertieSims wrote: »

Pinning it keeps it in the first lines and doesn't get moved down the list when it's not being active. It will always be there, not on page 7 or 12, etc.