Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Home businesses please
    a256aFi.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    When I'm playing in my Doctors career every time they go to examine a patient the patient jumps to the corner of the room and I have to re-admit them to the bed every time I want to examine them, is this a bug? I've tried restarting the game but the issue continues.

Hello @eggplantisgreat
    Crinrict has created a blog post on this issue.
    I will post the link to it here.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/patients-reset-on-examinations/

There is also a thread on the AHQ EA site that you may like to press " me too" on
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Doctors-reset-when-tending-to-patients/td-p/5375312/jump-to/first-unread-message

If you use mods, MC Command Center mod has a fix for the issuer.
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
  • AngebleuAngebleu Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't know how hard it would be but I'd like to see game packs adding to the expansions. For example, we get these new skills and tools in "Spa Day", and I think it could have made a really cool career, and an even cooler active career for sims to become massage therapists or beauticians. I was quite disappointed when the list of careers/active careers didn't expand with new content. If I recall correctly, it did in TS2 and maybe even 3.

Some oddities in the doctor active career though. There are no showers anywhere in the building, even though there are treadmills. Also nothing really to boost focus, which makes running xrays and treadmill tests difficult.

Other than that, love the GTW expansion.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I have some complains about Get to Work.

First of all why can't I go to the hospital with my sims? I can only go if my sim work there. I want to my sims visit the hospital when they are sick and have a doctor to examine them and give them medicine. Also my sim pregnant she should be able to go to the hospital and be examined by a doctor, how can she know the sex of the baby if there's no doctor? I though that sims pregnant could go to the hospital and have ultrasound to know the sex of the baby but that doesn't happen.

At least if we can't go to the hospital, we should have the option to call a doctor and examine the sick sims and pregnant sims. And give them the medicine. Is not right to buy medicine through the computer.

Now we can be policemen but we don't have npcs as policemen, why? We should have npcs as policemen and we should have burglars back. With this PACK we should be able to have burglars and if they steal from us we should be able to call the police or go to the police office and make a report, of course if we don't have alarms in our house because if we have the police should come.

Also with the retail option sims should make a queue to pay for the items. Like in sims 2. I would love to have that back. And see them go with bags like in sims 2.

I think this are the only things that I think is missing in this game pack to make it perfect.
  • ItsKiteyyItsKiteyy Posts: 121 Member
    First of all, I would like to say that I love, love, LOVE Get to Work!

I really like that we can go to work with our sims and participate in our sims' working days, it makes the game so much more fun because while our sims are at work or school, there's not a lot that we can do, especially when you're in a one-sim household. I've only experienced working in the detective career, but I can imagine the rest of the jobs are just as good!

I just wish that the other careers from the base game were the same, I would love to go to work with my sims regardless of their job role. It's a big ask but it would literally be the coolest thing ever.
  • dlaythanbcdlaythanbc Posts: 16 Member
    I have to agree with some of you above, customers in your household store don't act like customers, they bunch up in one group and talk. They talk for hours and hours until I close the store. A glitch I think I found is that your employees stop working and just stand there. Like I once ask my employee to ring up customers and he just stopped and spoke with the customers which was really annoying. Or he would just leave early which annoyed me.

For the go to work with your sims part, it is absolutely annoying that you have to follow the directions that look like the offers that you get during parties. Like one of my sims was working at the clinic so thinking that the directions were offers like when you have parties, I made him talk and treat patients. When I finished work, he got paid 22$ no joke. I was so mad because I worked hard at curing patients and. A glitch in the hospital is when you take the temperature of a patient, when you finish taking their temperature, they glitch off the bed. Also it is kind of unrealistic that when you feed them, they are done in 2 seconds. So please fix that.

Please fix the problems and complaints I have above because I am beginning to think that this expansion pack was a waste money and could have used it for another pack instead....

Thank you! :)

• ItsKiteyyItsKiteyy Posts: 121 Member
    In all fairness I haven't really experienced many glitches or problems - however I have noticed when my sim is interacting with the Crime Map board, my sim stands still too! I feel like it just wastes my working day.

Also, I have since found that while my sim has been at work and I haven't gone with her, even if I "work hard" her performance metre barely moves... :/
  • gameofpizzagameofpizza Posts: 1 New Member
    i just got the get to work expansion and though i love the scientist and detective careers, the way the doctor one works is really frustrating. every time i interact with a patient they immediately glitch off of the bed and i have to wait for them to sit back down on the bed so they readmit themselves as a patient and i can continue diagnosing. also what's irritating is it becomes more and more of a guessing game with diagnosing patients because it takes too long to do every single test on one patient. Also creating your own store is impossible because the customers and employees are impossible to handle. Employees are often useless, ringing people up takes forever so you often lose customers, and customers stand around for hours talking instead of buying something, so you end up not earning much from sales.
    edited June 2016
    i just got the get to work expansion and though i love the scientist and detective careers, the way the doctor one works is really frustrating. every time i interact with a patient they immediately glitch off of the bed and i have to wait for them to sit back down on the bed so they readmit themselves as a patient and i can continue diagnosing. also what's irritating is it becomes more and more of a guessing game with diagnosing patients because it takes too long to do every single test on one patient. Also creating your own store is impossible because the customers and employees are impossible to handle. Employees are often useless, ringing people up takes forever so you often lose customers, and customers stand around for hours talking instead of buying something, so you end up not earning much from sales.

Hello @gameofpizza .
    The issue with the patients resetting was fixed in today's patch. Try updating your game and see if that helps the issue.
    These are links to the symptoms of illnesses which may help you to diagnose what the illness is
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Illness
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Doctor
  • giaowu1999giaowu1999 Posts: 10 New Member
    If more career can be played, it would be better. Like Chef, Bodybuilder/Athlete
  • blkbeltduckblkbeltduck Posts: 6 New Member
    HELP!!! My sim is stuck at work and it won't let me leave it or save it. It seems it is when the grim reaper comes to town for a co worker sim I've tried leaving early and leaving on time. If I can't play with my sim at work I HAVE JUST WASTED MY MONEY!!!
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    HELP!!! My sim is stuck at work and it won't let me leave it or save it. It seems it is when the grim reaper comes to town for a co worker sim I've tried leaving early and leaving on time. If I can't play with my sim at work I HAVE JUST WASTED MY MONEY!!!

first open ctrl+shift+c and type in testingcheats true and type resetSim (First Name) (Last name)
  • JessiebrumJessiebrum Posts: 21 Member
    is still possible get abduced? serously, i'm 10 lvl logic skill, 10 lvl rocket skill, i have the satellite, receive a number of phones and got visicted but no abductions :/
    Jessiebrum wrote: »
    is still possible get abduced? serously, i'm 10 lvl logic skill, 10 lvl rocket skill, i have the satellite, receive a number of phones and got visicted but no abductions :/

Hello @Jessiebrum
    Some other things that can help are for him to be in the science career, have him be friends with aliens ,having space rocks at his home ,and using the " out of this world" desktop that is unlocked with the science career at level 10 to "contact aliens"
    I hope that your sim gets abducted soon.
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I just got Get To Work a week ago and I love it. I love the jobs, the aliens, having my own store. My employees actually work seeing as i had to be stern and fire some people in front of the others...make that example. I adore it :D
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • SOB0589SOB0589 Posts: 3 New Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I have some complains about Get to Work.
    First of all why can't I go to the hospital with my sims? I can only go if my sim work there. I want to my sims visit the hospital when they are sick and have a doctor to examine them and give them medicine. Also my sim pregnant she should be able to go to the hospital and be examined by a doctor, how can she know the sex of the baby if there's no doctor? I though that sims pregnant could go to the hospital and have ultrasound to know the sex of the baby but that doesn't happen.

Now we can be policemen but we don't have npcs as policemen, why? We should have npcs as policemen and we should have burglars back. With this PACK we should be able to have burglars and if they steal from us we should be able to call the police or go to the police office and make a report, of course if we don't have alarms in our house because if we have the police should come.

I agree with you, these are little features that add onto the game play.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I never saw this thread before but here is what I've enjoyed or not enjoyed and why.

I've incorporated the careers themselves into my game play very slowly .. because in prior games I didn't enjoy sending my sims to work at all. I had to send them to work so that they could make money or I had to cheat.. there were few other options. (I did not play Sims 3 very long at all so that doesn't play into my simming experience) In Sims 4 in general your sims don't have to work conventional jobs so I was enjoying that part of it mostly. I did always enjoy the achievement aspects though of getting to the top of a career and still do.

The Doctor Career has been my least favorite in the pack. I didn't mind the linear aspects of the gameplay because sometimes I am in the mood for linear play, but there is little change in the career itself at least as far as I was willing to play to see it. Eventually you can go on house calls and it took me two attempts at this career before I reached that point. I also was hit with many bugs on my second attempt at playing through it and I finally just quit that aspect of the game. I do understand some of those bugs have been addressed and I might try it again in the future.

The Detective Career was next. I enjoyed this one and it held my interest until one of the EP's or GP's came along and I started a new town. (I also didn't reach the top of this career) I will try this career again though. I enjoyed the variety of places your sim had to or could go during the day. I just think in general there was more to keep me occupied in this job and for me at least I usually got done with my daily tasks fairly early (except on interrogation days) and could do what I chose to do .. green, jog, socialize ect... I often chose to go walk the beat in the free time.

Just recently I tried the Scientist career and I wish I had tried it sooner. This was by far my favorite one. I made it to the top and kept playing after reaching that. The gadgets are great. That you can take them home and make a lab at home is even greater. I haven't fully tested it but it looks like you can also use your gadgets after you quit the job and I'm pleased with that part also. The cloning machine to me is a built in cheat that your sim can make. The serums have been fun or helpful .. I wish there had been more. I like that you can prevent abductions with the satellite because the frequency of abductions once you are in this career has been very high for me. The Ray Gun is also a lot of fun.. I wish more mind control options had been added too it. Frankly, this has been the closest I've gotten to getting my deviant play style back than in anything Sims 4 has provided me.

Aliens- I never played aliens in the first two games. In Sims 2 I pretty much only played the Curious Family until the baby became a toddler, then I would move on. I deleted the premade families with aliens in them. I'm happy to say I finally enjoy actually playing as aliens in Sims 4. I love the customization. I love memory erase lol. It's taken me a year though to figure this out. I have to say I do really like that you can avoid them (undisguised) if you want in this game also, pretty much you have to avoid the scientist career and going to Sixam or alien nights to do that but for me at least it can be done. I know there is still a chance of having abductions but I haven't had any in a long time when my sims aren't involved some way with aliens.

I have not tried the Retail aspect because I never enjoyed it in prior games. I have a feeling I will at least try it and hopefully I will like it in this series... I have hope that I will.

The rest of the pack I incorporated into my game a long time ago because I always like more stuff/hair/clothes in general. The baking skill is highly appreciated as cooking is one of my favorite skills as well as photography.

I have a lot more appreciation for this pack now... more than a year a later than I did when I bought it.

egTcBMc.png
  • bglissonbglisson Posts: 58 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but since the release of Dine Out I really wish that owning a retail store was more like owning a restaurant. I would like to not have to be at the store for it to be open. Also it would be nice to be able to set store hours so you don't have to click "open" or "close" all the time.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Ever since Dine Out, I'm not able to clean dirty display shelves if they are currently stocked.

I like the retail system in GTW, but would love to see more "Emotion-based" sales options. So far, I've only seen the confident "close the sale", or the tense "beg for sale". These are nice and the interactions are funny, but added interactions would further flesh out the emotion-based gameplay that is so crucial to this series. Angry could be "threaten to buy something" and flirty could be "seduce into buying something". Things like that.

Also, some type of perk tracker, like in Open for Business. I don't always remember which stores have which perks, and unless I have a ton of perk points, I have little way of knowing. The perk system in Get Together is much more organized, and I think that Dine Out could benefit from this system as well.
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    Ever since Dine Out, I'm not able to clean dirty display shelves if they are currently stocked.

I like the retail system in GTW, but would love to see more "Emotion-based" sales options. So far, I've only seen the confident "close the sale", or the tense "beg for sale". These are nice and the interactions are funny, but added interactions would further flesh out the emotion-based gameplay that is so crucial to this series. Angry could be "threaten to buy something" and flirty could be "seduce into buying something". Things like that.

Also, some type of perk tracker, like in Open for Business. I don't always remember which stores have which perks, and unless I have a ton of perk points, I have little way of knowing. The perk system in Get Together is much more organized, and I think that Dine Out could benefit from this system as well.

Hello @mauvejinjo .
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue with the dirty shelves , or post your experiences there.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-clean-the-display-objects-on-retail-shop/m-p/5378320#M24850
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    The customers in the shop just stand there for hours. Not sure what shop you have been to that allows this. When a business opens the customers should go look at the items and not wait for hours to purchase something. This is not something that should happen. Furthermore, the employees should be working not always talking. This needs to be fixed so it really makes it like a retail store instead of a gossip place.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    In addition, make it where we can leave the business open and have rotating schedules even with the dine-in that should be done so we can have more than 1-3 people in a specific title.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • dannysage123dannysage123 Posts: 81 Member
    Please fix the business/shop career as we need to use the cash registers, please can this be fixed!
  • mazhylismazhylis Posts: 85 Member
    could u please fix detective career , I had to arrest teen female with blond hair, when I issued abp ( or whatever its called ) I arrived to my location , asked same sims couple times if they have seen , this teen female . in the end it was teen male with black hair .. it has been like that couple of times, where I just simply guess ...
    mazhylis wrote: »
    could u please fix detective career , I had to arrest teen female with blond hair, when I issued abp ( or whatever its called ) I arrived to my location , asked same sims couple times if they have seen , this teen female . in the end it was teen male with black hair .. it has been like that couple of times, where I just simply guess ...

Hello
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/m-p/4486122#M11815
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top