Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamescom 2016

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well we are pretty sure that we are likely not going to get an EP before September anyways. Since they have already release the teaser for this quarter, and most of us know that only one theme came up in that. So maybe they might give us a hint of something for The Sims at Gamescom this year. Only time will tell!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sony, Microsoft, and EA are not doing a conference at Gamescom but they have already confirmed they will be on the Gamescom floor with their booth and demoing their games - so there will not be any announcements from EA. It is in the Gamescom news. I guess EA said all they were going to say for the June Conference they held and had nothing new to add, which of course never mentioned the Sims 4 as i watched that whole Conference.

Here's one of the articles about it:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/13/sony-ea-microsoft-confirm-they-arent-holding-gamescom-2016-press-conference/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sony, Microsoft, and EA are not doing a conference at Gamescom but they have already confirmed they will be on the Gamescom floor with their booth and demoing their games - so there will not be any announcements from EA. It is in the Gamescom news. I guess EA said all they were going to say for the June Conference they held and had nothing new to add, which of course never mentioned the Sims 4 as i watched that whole Conference.
    If I remember right EA has done that before at Gamescom.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Not really sure - but don't recall them not having a Press Conference before - although I know Sony opted out before though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Not really sure - but don't recall them not having a Press Conference before - although I know Sony opted out before though.
    I vaguely remember EA being at Gamescom back during TS3 days, but didn't hold a press conference while they were there.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2016
    EP 3 has to be coming sometimes this Fall.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

I'm honestly wondering we will even have one at all this year.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    there ought to be a Game Pack
    they have to have a GP to make a bundle with Kids Room SP & Backyard SP

that will come definately probably
    but an EP ... hm

Gamescom will show how important TheSims franchise is to EA
    i also wonder if there will be anything about TSFP or Sim City Build It
    or anything sims related at all
    if it won't, then it doesn't look good for this whole simulational section of games from EA :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I vaguely remember EA being at Gamescom back during TS3 days, but didn't hold a press conference while they were there.

Yes but back then it was mainly to show already announced content. And they did live streams.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited July 2016
    EA held press conferences in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. 2012 was the futile conference with Sim City.
    Sorry, search: Gamescon EA press conferences on youtube, they have the old ones up to 2010-2015. I can't seem to paste the address.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Yes but back then it was mainly to show already announced content. And they did live streams.

Simfan923 wrote: »

2011 was the year no conference
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's likely due to how costly it is. Is there really any reason they should go to Gamescom for a press conference?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    It's likely due to how costly it is. Is there really any reason they should go to Gamescom for a press conference?

If they plan on making a big announcement then yes. But if not then there's really no reason to go other then to let fans play with the game or to visit the booth.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    I hope they announce more stuff packs
    tumblr_n7opzaDnjP1svi3flo1_500.gif
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

I'm honestly wondering we will even have one at all this year.

That is what I have been wondering and why I was interested in knowing about their presence at gamescom this year.
    I have been with this game since its inception as The Sims and never have I seen such a lack of communication.
    It is an information desert out there.

• Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    I didnt understand what about gamescom? Developers do you know something about it or not?
    I keep hearing EA will be there but they won't reveal EP3.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

You mean there is no EP3 to reveal?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

No I mean they won't be revealing EP 3 during Gamescom. Their working on it though.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2016
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

No I mean they won't be revealing EP 3 during Gamescom. Their working on it though.

Strange how they won't annoyce it at Gamescom. I was really looking forward to another dance off like last year

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NicottiaNicottia Posts: 76 Member
    I didnt understand what about gamescom? Developers do you know something about it or not?

Oh I'm pretty SURE they know, the question is: are they ready to share some information about it? Is it even ready or only HALF-way done?
    7bXthz.png
    My little YouTube corner: Nicottia <= Clickerino!
    EP3 will probebly be revealed in the next Teaser which would be September.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It's all speculation until EA decides it's time to drop the cloak and dagger act and say anything that actually means something. How long has it been since an EA employee residing outside the States has 'leaked' info? I suspect we will see another leak soon. And I have serious doubts about these little 'leaks' being innocent or beyond EA's control. They're actually becoming EA's method of choice when it comes to sharing news. It's a bit odd the leak hits the forums and then EA makes an announcement of some kind; denies the leak is valid and then announces a game or stuff pack that closely resembles what was contained in the info that was leaked. Gamescon isn't that far off so I am looking for another info drop from an EA employee, who is not based here in the states, a week or so before Gamescon begins. Especially when the event is being held in Europe.