Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PC to Mac

Just wondering if I can use my Sims 4 from my PC on my new macbook?

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes.

You would have to download it from Origin.

You can transfer your saved games by copying your Saves folder and moving it into the Sims 4 folder when one gets created on the Mac.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member

In order to transfer the saved game files, you'd need to use a USB thumb drive. Also a good way to insure you games are backed up. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Or you could use Dropbox. It is what I used when I moved from PC to Mac. :)
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member

In order to transfer the saved game files, you'd need to use a USB thumb drive. Also a good way to insure you games are backed up. :)

Yeah a USB is a good idea, a laptop I was using for playing TS4 broke or something and my saved game data on there was lost :(

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I say have both a physical and a digital storage space. In the event something happens to either one.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I say have both a physical and a digital storage space. In the event something happens to either one.

I would second this. I also use Dropbox - what I like about it is that it stores all my files both physically on my computer and also in the cloud. So I'm backed up on 2 computers and in the cloud automatically without having to do anything day to day.
    The Mac OS has a wonderful Tool already built into its OS called "Time Machine". I have an external Hard Drive that automatically backs up my data for everything regularly. It has saved my Sims games more times that I can count.
    Time Machine is simply wonderful. It really comes into its own when you replace your computer. You just use the backup from your old system and within an hour or so (can't remember how long it took but it wasn't all that long) you have your old computer on your new one - all your games, all your photos, your music etc. I couldn't believe how easy and stress free it was. I was expecting to have to reinstall everything as I have had to do in the past when I replaced my Windows machines.
    *nods* I had a recall on my hard drive from Apple and got it replaced for free. It was great to not lose my sims saved games. Had to reinstall the game itself, but that was minor.