Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everytime I switch to the Sims 4 window, the mouse is still loading and the game is frozen!??

I have no idea what you call this - a crash, a bug - but on my Sims 4 window everytime I go on it (mac) it's just loading and it's not the actual sims 4 white mouse it's the mac loading mouse and it's DRIVING ME CRAAZZYY.... i haven't saved my game and I will not accept any solution that results in closing the game and losing the data... I'm that person who does hella impressive work but refuses to save until the game crashes or experiences near self-destruction. Somebody please help! By the way, I have literally beaten my keyboard - i've pressed every single button, all at once and each on their own, I have closed my laptop then opened it again, I have switched from window to window and I've closed origin - I'm slightly depressed and I need a automatic solution PLEASEEE.. I will marry you if you can fix this!!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try this first. Move the Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your desktop. Don't worry your saves are safe. :) Next start up the game and see if it opens up. If it does, start a new game and play for awhile and then save the game and close the Sims 4. Start up the game again and see if it allows you to access the save you just saved.

It could be that a file within the game became corrupted at some point and because the game has generated a new folder it has corrected the problem. If you use CC or mods, a piece of the CC or the mod could be causing a conflict within the game as it may not be updated to run on the latest patch.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SassyDimplesSassyDimples Posts: 6 New Member
    Try this first. Move the Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your desktop. Don't worry your saves are safe. :) Next start up the game and see if it opens up. If it does, start a new game and play for awhile and then save the game and close the Sims 4. Start up the game again and see if it allows you to access the save you just saved.

It could be that a file within the game became corrupted at some point and because the game has generated a new folder it has corrected the problem. If you use CC or mods, a piece of the CC or the mod could be causing a conflict within the game as it may not be updated to run on the latest patch.

Thank you so much, but i'm terribly impatient and i closed the game before i saw this and started a new game. I will remember this comment and come back to it next time this happens, thanks again. <3
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You are most welcome :)<3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.