Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #176 TECHNO...WHAT?

chrischris8894
    Love what you did with this high rise! You made smart use of such a small space with your layout. The windows really take in the fantastic views of the city skyline, and putting windows behind the sectional sofa was a great way to add light and make that view more continuous. Your color scheme is bright and youthful with highly contrasting shades that echo Tashira's strong personality. Great use of focal walls to break up the spaces. I particularly like the patterning on the wall behind the bathroom sink. The modern furnishings fit the style of the building as well as Tashira herself. Nice use of MOO with the bathroom sink and again with the desks in the office. My favorite part of the build overall is the outdoor green space. What a lovely, tranquil spot to have in the midst of a bustling, concrete jungle. My only criticism would be not to zoom out so much when taking photos. A lot of yours had the fishbowl effect, which detracts from all of your hard work. Overall, though, wonderful job!

CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRISCHRIS8894 ON YOUR WIN!!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #176 TECHNO...WHAT?

iampes23
    You really put a lot of thought and effort into this complex! I like that you brought the outdoors inside for Tashira with the little bird bath and potted plants in the entryway. The kitchen is open and expansive, which will help her bake all of her goodies for her YouTube channel. The height difference between the counter and the island adds interest. It feels very gray overall, although the pops of pink are nice here and there. I think adding a bit more color would have livened it up a bit. It's nice that you have her such a large desk area where she has plenty of space to spread out and create. I also like that you gave her in-home laundry, right next to her closet no less! It will be so easy to put clean laundry away right from the dryer. Nice laundry-area clutter. I like the mix of textures on the walls and floor in the bathroom. Tashira's bedroom was my favorite part overall--it is very youthful and whimsical. You had a good balance of her favorite pink with the gray neutrals. The bamboo adds life to the space. Great job!

HuedMoll
    Your apartment building is so fun and funky, perfect for a teenager striking out on her own! I like the mix of textures on the walls and floor in the bathroom, an inexpensive way to add interest. I particularly like that you CASt the free bedroom floor with a pattern. It almost looks like Tashira painted it herself. The layout is open and expansive, leaving plenty of space for parties and future purchases. I like the way you configured the kitchen, and the way you put Tashira's desk on the diagonal. She looks like she's really enjoying her new space and the amenities at the apartment!

THE WINNER IS.....

IAMPES23! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And the winner of the Optional Challenge is HuedMoll! Congrats!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #177 THE HOUSE OF DOLLS

Mederouin
    This Victorian build is architecturally interesting with complex roof lines, turrets, diagonal walls, and a large porch in keeping with the style. You did a good job varying the exterior wall treatments. Nice use of terrain paints and the little waterfall feature. You made great object choices throughout, particularly in the pink bedroom and the kitchen. I like that you used an old stove and included a fireplace like old Victorian kitchens so often had. The checkerboard floor in the kitchen is a nice touch. The screened porch is lovely and tranquil. Although I didn't love the juxtaposition of some of the CASt wall patterns (the parlor, the dining room), the idea to use CASt to create inexpensive wall art is smart. I think the pink bedroom was my favorite use of mixed patterns. They were different but still cohesive. Great job overall!

chrischris8894
    This is a lovely Second Empire build! The roofing pieces are very regal and in keeping with the style of architecture. I like that you added the cornice detail over the atrium bay. While I wish the exterior wall treatments were textured rather than flat paint, I like the blue you chose. I would have liked for the sides of the house to have more windows and for the upstairs landing to have some lighting. You made fantastic object choices throughout, from the lighting to the plumbing to the furniture and wall art; it's all in keeping with the period. Your interior wall treatments are all very cohesive with both the period and the palette. I like the drama of the 2-story foyer and central hall. Good use of MOO with the chair at the vanity in the guest bedroom. The atrium is my favorite part of the house, so tranquil, and the light will be lovely for Marian's painting. Speaking of Marian, she's beautiful! I love the choices you made with her clothing, especially the everyday dress with the high lace collar. She certainly looks the part of a living doll! Well done!

noisybrain
    What a darling Second Empire house! The buttery yellow siding is cheerful and works well with the white trim. I like the fencing detail on top of the large porch and along the roof. Nice use of terrain paints, landscaping, and the climbing vines on the house. You made nice choices in your doors and windows, particularly the stained glass doors and the stained glass window in the third floor attic. Your object choices throughout matched the period and had a whimsical quality about them. I loved the objects in the kitchen especially - great clutter! The striped pattern in the blue bedroom was a little much on all of the walls and parts of the floor. I would have liked a different complementary pattern in lieu of the stripes on the floor. Your interior wall treatments for the rest of the house, however, work very nicely together; everything feels cohesive. The attic playroom is a perfect touch of childish whimsy, full of toys and a tea set for Marian to play with. I loved seeing Marian enjoy her new home. She seems to really like all of the toys. The picture of her making faces at herself in the mirror made me laugh! Great job!

AND THE WINNER IS...

NOISYBRAIN! CONGRATULATIONS!

The winner of the Optional Challenge is also Noisybrain! Well done!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #177 THE HOUSE OF DOLLS

Brace yourselves everyone. The mean judge is back.

Kgaff

Right off the bat my first thought was: Wow. The front is adorable. You paid a lot of attention to detail on the front and the interior. I would have liked to see that kind of attention to detail on the sides and back too. Though the veranda on the back was a nice touch. The color throughout was lovely and interesting...but in the yellow room and a few others, they seemed a bit bare of clutter where there was lots of interesting items in other places. If you find your budget for clutter is running short, spread out what you can afford so it looks even....or at least make sure the bathrooms have tp. Poor sims. The ladder up to the kids room was a clever idea for a secret room, but I question whether it would be a good idea when you're lugging a toddler. Might be a safety issue.

Optional: She is so cute and looks right at home.

Iampes23

So you did a cute front, but the back was very bland. I know you and the others based it off doll houses, which often had flat backs so as to fit against walls or in corners, but I would have liked to see some detail done on the sides and back like a real house that was inspired by a doll house. The only other critique I have is that some of your palette colors were a little jarring. The best example I can give is the stair case banister matched the first floor hall it was in, but clashed with the second floor hall. Try to keep an eye out for these things. Otherwise you had a great attention to detail, and did nicely with the object choices and the use of space.

Optional: She looks like a doll! So very fitting for your build.

Ciane

Please use photobucket or another photo sharing website. The nine pictures provided by the upload are not enough to judge a build by. There are guidelines and suggestions on the first page of the challenge forum.

Hued Moll

Wow. You skipped the inspiration thought nad went straight to doll house. The open back with the individual rooms is awesome. That being said, your dollhouse was more Georgian/ colonial than Victorian as requested. And you had WAY too many pictures. Please cull them down by deleting duplicate shots and limiting individual room shots. I like to use no more than 4, depending on the size of the room. Watch out for gridlines and fishbowl effect in your shots. The colors, while great for a childs room, occaisionally clash. So keep in mind your palette blends and compliments your build.

Optional: She looks like a little flapper girl. I like the choice in traits.

Time for the results!!

The winner is....Kgaff! Congrats!

The winner of the optional challenge is...Iampes23!
    BEGINNER RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #178 GETAWAY

Storietime

I love how colorful the exterior of your build is, and that you tempered the bright aqua siding with the neutral white siding to keep it from being overwhelming. Your landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it is in keeping with the beachy style of your build. Great use of terrain paints - you blended the stone into the sand very well. There are several relaxing areas outside for the Youngs to enjoy the ocean air. I would have liked to see an overhead view of your floor plan so the layout was a bit more obvious. I also would have liked to see pics of the other sides of the house. Your color palette inside is soft and neutral with pops of aqua, making it feel cohesive overall - very soothing. I like the mix of textures you used on the furnishings, particularly in the bedroom. I wish the kitchen area had a bit more color - a tile or wallpaper pattern on the walls would have brightened it up a bit without hurting your budget. I love the way you angled the soaking tub toward the windows, taking full advantage of those ocean views! The round archway in the bathroom was a strange choice for the style of your build; it doesn't really go with the rest of the doors and windows you used. Your clutter, however, was well chosen throughout. It was thoughtful of you to include a laundry room - those sandy towels and swimsuits will definitely need washing. The only other suggestion I have is to take a few more pictures (3-4 per room) and try to organize them by room - that makes it easier for the judges to see your hard work. Overall, you did a wonderful job. I hope we see more builds from you in the future!

And the winner is...

STORIETIME! Congratulations on your well-earned win!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #178 GETAWAY

Noisybrain
    The exterior of your build is wonderful with the rustic, weathered textures, colorful siding, and the beautifully lush landscaping. You did a great job blending the terrain paints, and the tiki torches were a lovely touch. I like the arched, shuttered windows you chose on the porch side, but on the ocean side, the shutters completely cover the walls, which looks a bit strange. Your interior palette is monochromatic and very soothing; you did a beautiful job balancing the cool blues with warm wood tones throughout. Your wallpaper textures are subtle and soft. The bathroom is wonderful. You definitely captured the spa feel with the corner tub overlooking the ocean, and the glassed-in shower keeps the bathroom feeling open and airy. Your object choices in both furniture and clutter were thoughtful and complementary to the style of your build. The bedroom is tranquil and lovely - who wouldn't want to wake up there? The deck is a great outdoor space, striking a perfect balance between open and private with the curtains, corner walls, and pergola. You managed to get a wide array of things on the deck without it feeling overly cluttered. I love that you included a massage table right next to the water, and clearly, Arden loves it too! My only other suggestion would be to make sure that your lights are on for all of your pictures. There's a marked difference in the feel of the lit pics when compared to the unlit ones. Overall, you did a fabulous job. Well done!

Mederouin
    WOW! After scrapping your build so many times, I think you managed to create a modern structure that doesn't feel boxy despite all of the right angles. You struck a great balance with your window/door choices on the front elevation, and I liked the water references in the wavy wall treatment and the glass railing. The waterfall is AMAZING! I love the way you used CFE to angle the roof for the water to run off - it's both modern and functional. The alternating pattern of the fencing on the roof adds movement, like water flowing in abstract. Your interior palettes are a bit on the bland side. I would have preferred a few more pops of color throughout and a bit more cohesion, although your variations in textures are nice. I liked your lighting choices, particularly the pineapple lamps in the bedroom and the lanterns on chains around the catwalk. The lower deck is particularly lovely with the flowering pergola. I like that you kept it modern by placing ceiling tiles around the outside of the pergola. Fantastic job!

AND THE WINNER IS...

MEDEROUIN! Congratulations!

Winner of the Optional Challenge is NOISYBRAIN! Congrats!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Intermediate Results for Challenge #178 Getaway

Iampes23

I really liked the use of the grey cedar look that fits so well on the beach. Inside you've put together an interesting color palette of blues and greys with unexpected pops of heat in red. Its a style that put me off initially but I warmed up to it quickly. You did a great job with layout and it looks like a very luxurious place. That being said, I wasn't happy with some of the object choices. I'm going to guess that you went for a modern or industrial style, but the mixture of modern and country and Victorian made it very confusing. If you're going for a particular style try to stay with furniture that fits that esthetic. If you're going for more of a coastal mishmash, try to reflect that in the wall coverings as well so as to help it seem intentional.

Kgaff

Your build is beautiful. The views are amazing and the thatch roof, the open the walls...I can practically hear the waves. Your objects and color choices were spot on for a tropical build. And the lay out was both luxurious and simple enough to suit a vacation home. I had a hard time coming up with critiques. The only suggestions I can make is that I would have liked to see more in the way of tropical landscaping. Also, consider making your build smaller. Given the size of the lot, the house seems to take up all of it. There are ways to make the build spacious without eating up the entire lot. Props to squeezing in a pool though.

Arden and Lionel sure know how to vacation actively! I'd be parked in a chair outside or a floaty on the waves. Just bring me my drinks and more sunscreen...:)

Suzses

French tropical seemed to be your theme here in the build and it is absolutely beautiful. The colors are restful. The spaces are open. The furniture and object choices are simple and uncluttered. You did a beautiful job of landscaping. I would have liked to see larger windows facing the sea, but you still had some gorgeous views. My only suggestion is maybe a slightly smaller build so as to fit in more outdoor living space, like a grill. They do have that beautiful view after all. Who wouldn't want to take advantage?

They are so cute! The pic of them slow dancing set my romantic heart aflutter.

And the winner is....

Suzses!

The optional challenge winner is....

Kgaff!

Congrats to all!
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #179 SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

KGaff
    Cute build! I like what you did with the roof - it's modern and funky and architecturally interesting. I would have pulled the hipped roof on the right side a little bit farther toward the center to join the roof lines a little better, but it was a tricky footprint to roof, and you did well. Having lots of parking for guests was a smart choice for this party animal. Good job varying the exterior wall treatments, and adding pops of Felipe's favorite color in the landscaping. It's fantastic that you managed to add a pool, even a small one, with this budget. The outdoor space looks perfect for parties or just hanging out shooting hoops with his buddies. Your object choices throughout were thoughtful. I loved the little nods to both his love of sports and vehicles. Yellow can be an overwhelming color, but I feel like you did a good job balancing bright shades with more subtle ones throughout the space. I like the way you CASt the upholstery on the living room furniture. The flooring in the vehicle room looks like tire treads, which is a nice touch. The car wall art going over the door is fun and a bit rebellious - who needs to be confined to just the walls? Felipe looks like he really enjoys the space you created for him, as do all of his friends, provided he keeps his clothes on, of course! Great job!

ElleDaes
    I love that you went up with this build. You made great use of all of the odd juts and corners in the foundation, making them focal points. The diagonal entry and deck above are a nice offset to all of those right angles. I would have liked to see you use more than one exterior wall treatment to really highlight the modern aesthetic, as well as something to make the roof look more finished, like friezes, fencing, or even just bringing the roof tile out 1 square all around. I like that you used columns to make a carport (really stretching those Simoleons!) and then brought the columns inside. Your layout is well-planned and thoughtful. I like that you have all of these little vignettes throughout the first floor while still keeping it open and cohesive. Good object choices throughout, and nice use of the aqua as an accent. I like the way you used focal walls to accent wall art and light fixtures. Your interiors are so nicely furnished and have appropriate clutter objects. I particularly love the living room space. Great job overall!

And the winner is...

ELLEDAES! Congratulations!

Optional Challenge winner is KGaff!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #179 SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

Mederouin
    I love what you did with the exterior - it's so bold and boxy and interesting, with just the right amounts of red. The friezes on top are well done, adding interest to the roof line as well as reinforcing the vertical aspect. It almost reminds me of the shipping crate challenge, the way you designated areas with your exterior wall treatments. Great use of CFE and terrain sculpting. The use of MOO with the neon lights in the entry turned out very cool. You made good object choices throughout. I particularly liked the use of curtains to create little niches without using actual walls. The shelves suspended by chains were very creative. Nice job with all of the focal walls and ceiling elements, especially in the music area. I love that the musician area is two stories for the acoustics and the way that it opens to that loft area - I can just see Dorian's friends chilling up there while he jams below with his band. I wish the bathrooms had some more pops of color as they felt a bit bland, but I love the toilet paper roll accent - typical rocker move to put the new roll on top of the empty one! I like that the outdoor patio area outside the music area manages to feel both intimate and dramatic next to those tall walls. The whole structure feels like a mix of cozy spaces that still feel cohesive with the open areas. It definitely has a soul to it. Great job!

Jennytru
    You definitely nailed the frat-boy chic aesthetic! It truly looks like a house that could have been plucked from the Sims University campus. It's warm and open and fun, perfect for Felipe's ragers. Your object choices are spot-on (THREE kegs!), with nods to his party animal side, as well as his love of vehicles and his Latin flair. The yellows you used throughout are warm and inviting, without being overpowering. I like the way you tiled the kitchen to separate the space while keeping it open, and I like the way the floor tile and back splash coordinate. All the tailgating chairs are perfect. Sims can just grab one and head out to the bonfire! I, too, really liked the lighting choice you made over the bathroom mirror. The dirty toilet, dirty kitchen counter, and spoiled pizza on the porch really add to that all-nighter party feel. How thoughtful of Felipe to have a room for Sims to sleep it off. Your landscaping is relaxed and beautiful, complementing the exterior and the outdoor spaces. I like that you didn't fence it in. One area just flows to the next, like a party would behave. You did a great job with the roof. It was a really tough footprint, but you got creative with all the different roof styles and the pergola over the front porch. The pics of the party look like it was such a good time, and I love that Dorian Velvet showed up. Great job!

Paneinger
    This build really feel like a true artist lives here. I love all of the exposed brick and the industrial, urban touches mixed with bohemian comforts. The raw ceiling beams are a nice touch, although I wish they weren't present in the kitchen/living room areas. The 2-story height gets cut in half and you lose the drama that you could have had without the beams in the way. The loft bedroom is a really great touch though, with the computer desk overlooking the room below. Your clutter objects are so fun and eclectic - they really fit Dorian's personality. I like the open shelves in the kitchen and the way you made the kitchen and living room spaces separate but cohesive at the same time. The dining space looks like a fantastic spot for an after party. I particularly love Dorian's room, the way the sleeping area juts out over the water and the coziness by the fire - it's really lovely. You did a nice job with the exteriors, varying the wall treatments, balancing all of those angles, and making a flat roof look interesting. I wish some of that interior brickwork would have been used on the outside, so the inside would be more like actual exposed brick instead of just a completely different stone pattern. Overall, I think you did a great job capturing the spirit of Dorian Velvet!

And the winner is...

MEDEROUIN! Congratulations!

Optional Challenge winner is JENNYTRU!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #180 THE SORCERESS

KGaff
    I love the spooky setting of this castle! Your landscaping is well done, as is the sculpting you did around the moat. Great use of MOO with all of the rocks and boulders. Varying your fencing was smart -- interspersing those heavy foundation pieces throughout the wrought iron fencing really breaks it up and makes it interesting. I like the way you used the spire pieces to enhance the vertical. Your interiors are so nicely done. I love the worn brick wall treatments you used, mixed with the more ornate patterns. The kitchen objects/furnishings were well chosen; the cauldron is a great touch! I loved your use of MOO in the bathroom, with the chandelier chain as a pull-cord for the toilet - so creative! Nice job bringing the outdoors in down in the basement with those false walls - I'm sure Mihoshi appreciates being separate from her guests and near her lab without fully sacrificing outdoor views. You really did a beautiful job with your object choices throughout. The furnishings and patterns feel authentic, with a bit of that royal purple flair. I like that your 3-story library is usable on all levels, with cozy little spots to read. The Juliette balcony above the parlor is lovely. Even though you don't have the Supernatural EP, I don't get the feeling that your build is lacking. The only thing I'd really change would be those arched columns with the statues, and only because the wall is a little funky where the arches overlap. Other than that, this build is beautiful. Great job!

AND THE WINNER IS...........

KGAFF! CONGRATULATIONS!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #180 THE SORCERESS

Mederouin
    I love how moody the exterior of this castle looks. Great use of CFE to make an archway in the wall around the grounds. You chose lovely exterior treatments that complement each other; I only wish you would have CASt the underside of the cantilevered turrets as the blinding white sticks out like a sore thumb. I was originally skeptical about your turret roof lines from the aerial views, as they appeared not to extend all the way to the walls, but then I realized that you did that purposely to add the wrought iron detail and really appreciated that touch. You were going for a kind of patchwork castle, with rooms and wings added over the years. You really nailed that. It feels like it has evolved over decades, if not centuries, especially with the worn wood and rusty finishes. The garden and hedge maze are lovely, creating lots of little private spots. Your interiors feel warm and cozy despite the standoffish exterior and the size of the castle itself. I love the little pantry and kitchen -- it feels very authentic. You made great object choices throughout, with little touches like the stools pushed in under desks/vanities that make it feel lived in. I wish the library actually felt more like three stories than three separate areas. It would have been more dramatic. However, I appreciate that all of the levels are usable, and little nooks are crannies are rather inviting. Overall, you did a wonderful job!

JasonAnthonySterling
    Opulence is the word that comes to mind when looking at your castle. There is so much rich detail throughout. The castle is immense in size, but very thoughtfully laid out despite how big it is. You really played up the grandness in the more public spaces, emphasizing the vertical with those massive columns. I love the feeling of the seance room. The dining hall with the enormous medallion is so ornate. Some of the pattern combinations are a bit overwhelming, particularly the upholstery on the chairs around the chess table when juxtaposed with that very busy vertical brick pattern. The chair patterning is beautiful, but it gets lost a bit against the busyness of the background. I love all of the little nooks and crannies and the story you wove into all of it. The basement kitchen and servant area is wonderful -- a very homey space for cooking and gathering. I do wish you had used MOO to make one big island, rather than two separate parts. Your object choices throughout are fantastic, especially in the laboratory. The outdoor spaces are beautiful. I like the way you used trees as natural columns leading to the line founder's crypt. I really enjoyed your presentation. Your attention to detail in both the build and the story is wonderful. It was clearly a labor of love!

AND THE WINNER IS...

JASONANTHONYSTERLING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • absin0901absin0901 Posts: 44 Member
    Good post
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm glad you liked the castle! It truly was a labor of love. I had been building in Sims 4 for months at that point and returned to 3 with this challenge- I was blown away all over again by the options and control I had over the build. I really got into building it and just had a great time with it!
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #181 UPTOWN ELEGANCE

Kgaff
    This is a darling townhouse! Your exteriors are cohesive, and the detailed trim at the top is a perfect touch. Although the landscaping is sparse due to the small lot size, the variation in foliage color is lovely. Using the hedge fence was a smart way to add greenery without taking up too much space. I love the entry foyer. It may be my favorite part of the house. Your object choices were wonderful - that old, regal telephone, the grandfather clock, and the tone-on-tone subtlety of your wall treatment makes for a beautiful vignette. You made great use of the space in the kitchen, although the cabinetry is a bit too modern for the style of the home. The master bedroom is very elegant and still masculine. Sophia's room is so cheerful, and I like that you gave her spaces throughout the home to really be part of the family. Nell's apartment really suits her. It's bright and fun and light-hearted. Great use of CASt with the patterns on the fabrics throughout. I particularly liked her bedding and bedroom curtains. It's great that you managed to give both Nell and the Hewes-Kesslers private outdoor spaces. Nice job!

iampes23
    Requested no constructive criticism.

And the winner is...

KGAFF! Congratulations!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @Kgaff !!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    TonySterling

You have a lovely little lot here. The landscaping is charming. Your architecture is beautiful and the lay out you've chosen is great. In the Hewes-Kessler living quarters, you nailed understated elegance. Everything from the art you chose to the palette is calm, soothing and lovely. Their bedroom gives me a serious case of bedroom envy. However, the nursery for their little one is very busy. The wall paper is cute, but it is very busy. Still, the colors are bright, and suitable for a child. Perhaps use the busy wall paper on the bottom half of the wall and use a complimentary solid or textured wall covering to showcase the art you've chosen for the nursery. The Nanny's quarters are so bright and with such conflicting colors, that its overwhelming. Its hard to really appreciate your layout or objects. Perhaps next time consider neutral tones with several shades of a single color, or small pops of several colors, to provide a comfortable but bright dwelling place for the college student.

Aricarai

This build is exquisite. I found so little to critique here. And the only thing I have is to suggest perhaps a different wall paper in the nanny's quarters. The bright pink and blue large flower pattern seems out of place from the other hues and patterns. Perhaps softer tones would help it fit in better.

Paneinger

My only critique is the same as above. The wall paper in the nursery is a little busy, but you did a great job in balancing it out on the whole. And even then, it harmonizes in a lovely fashion with the solid wall colors. Otherwise your build is gorgeous.

This was such a hard decision to make. It actually came down to one single feature, it was so close. But inevitably the outside views were the final deciding factor.

First place is...

Aricari!

And an insanely close 2nd place goes to....

Paneinger

Congrats!
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #182 FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT

TonySterling
    This funhouse is definitely eye-catching! The fantasy trees are a nice touch, echoing the floating hot air balloon. I like the variety of mazes with options for indoor or outdoor, and fun or spooky. Having something for all ages was thoughtful. Little Sims who are too afraid to venture into the haunted parts will have a blast on the playground. The haunted portion is by far my favorite. The way you used fog emitters for creepy effects, dimmed the lights, and CASt the walls to look like blood is dripping down them is super creepy. Everything in this section looks old and distressed and certainly haunted! Some of the pattern combinations were a bit jarring, but then again, that could add to the funhouse effect, keeping everyone just a little dizzy and off-kilter. The refreshment area looks like a great place to hang out. Your object choices were spot-on throughout. I really enjoyed your backstory; you put so much though into it. Now we just need to know who died!

Chrischris8894
    I love that you made the front of your funhouse look like an actual clown face - and a balding clown to boot with the trees on the side like hair. Great touch! I like the authentic touch of the ticket booth and turnstiles. Normally the fisheye effect when taking photos for your media is something we advise against, but it actually kind of adds to the funhouse feel in this case, especially with that black-and-white checkered floor. I wish there were some nighttime pics of the graveyard. It's probably really spooky in the dark! I like the way your indoor play area is multi-leveled so older siblings can keep an eye on the younger ones down below. Your maze was probably my favorite part of all. I love how painstakingly you CASt all of the walls in completely different patterns. It would be so disorienting and tricky to get through it! Your stage area is set up nicely with the audience on the diagonal. Jangles has plenty of room for props. Great job!

AND THE WINNER IS...

TONYSTERLING!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Optional challenge goes to Chrischris8894!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #183 THE FOUR SISTERS OF THE APOCOLYPSE

KGaff
    I really like the exterior of your build. It's got strong lines and a feeling of balance without being symmetrical. You did a nice job with the terrain paints, and although sparse, your landscaping complements the build's contemporary and minimalist feel. The stone floor in the entry works well, but I worry that it will cause Sims to have an "unfinished" moodlet. I'm impressed, given how tight the budget was, just how spacious the house is. Your object choices are modern and eclectic, which fits the group as a whole. I particularly liked the drum bookcase in Sarah's room. You did a nice job using CASt on your wall treatments and using buydebug objects to inexpensively add interest. Nice use of MOO and buydebug to create inexpensive houseplants. You can really get a feel for each sister's personality just by looking at their rooms; both the object choices and CASt choices reflect who they are. The geometric wall treatment in the music room looks almost like an acoustic wall treatment. It was nice getting to meet the sisters. They really seemed like fleshed out people. Great job!

Jessabeans
    I love the direction you went with the converted warehouse - very rocker-grunge! It's rough around the edges in a great way, with all of the exposed brickwork and graffiti. I like the way you added pops of color with various pieces of artwork and the way you CASt the neon wall lights. The herb garden is a nice touch for Rebel Sims, and your landscaping fits well with your build - all overgrown and devil-may-care. You made great object choices throughout. It's easy to tell whose room is whose, even without taking favorite colors into account. I also really liked the dressing area. The sisters are going to need to plan their outfits for their shows. Having the garage in the center of the main floor could be good for an additional concert space. The sisters could play there with the door open and have the audience milling about outside, enjoying the music. The style of your build and landscaping/fencing choices work really well with the lot you chose. It looks like that building has always been there, and this is just the next step in its evolution. Nicely done!

linzlulubell
    Your landscaping is really beautiful, particularly the way the large aged olive trees dramatically frame the driveway. Good use of different colors and textures in the plants, as well as the terrain paints. The way you laid out the floor plan to give each sister her own entry door was thoughtful. I would have probably put Sarah's room closer to the garage, but the rest of the layout made sense. The two-story foyer is very dramatic with the height and the fountain. The music & lounge space is open for a nice flow when entertaining. You did a nice job choosing your objects throughout and using CASt to make it fit each sister. Speaking of the sisters, wow, did you ever capture their personalities! They look like real rock stars in a magazine shoot. Well done!

AND THE WINNER IS...

JESSABEANS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Optional challenge goes to linzlulubell! Way to go!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BEGINNER RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #183 THE FOUR SISTERS OF THE APOCALYPSE

hannahc1023
    You did such wonderful things with your terrain paints and landscaping. I really love how it all meanders and flows instead of being boxy. It feels very natural. I like that you gave the sisters so many different outdoor areas so they can really enjoy that lovely yard. Your floor plan is interesting; it also has a nice flow to it like the yard. Diagonal walls can be tricky to work with, especially when it comes to roofing, but you did well. I wish the music room had some pictures with better lighting, but it looks like a nice space to play with the stage and lounge areas. The openness of the kitchen is a really good idea with four people. You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen! I like that the island is partially diagonal, like parts of the house itself. When taking your screenshots, be careful not to zoom out so far that you end up with a fishbowl effect. It distorts your media and makes it harder to appreciate your work. Great use of MOO with the accent columns in the walls. Using contrasting floor treatments to create separate living spaces keeps the openness from being overwhelming without adding the expense of actual walls. The color scheme in Roxanne's room is nicely cohesive. You did a great job on this build. I hope we see more entries from you in the future!

AND THE WINNER IS HANNAHC1023! CONGRATULATIONS!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this one. Congratulations Linzlulubell, I loved your version of the band members they really looked the part.
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this one. Congratulations Linzlulubell, I loved your version of the band members they really looked the part.
    Thank you!! It was an enjoyable challenge.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #182 FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT

TonySterling
    This funhouse is definitely eye-catching! The fantasy trees are a nice touch, echoing the floating hot air balloon. I like the variety of mazes with options for indoor or outdoor, and fun or spooky. Having something for all ages was thoughtful. Little Sims who are too afraid to venture into the haunted parts will have a blast on the playground. The haunted portion is by far my favorite. The way you used fog emitters for creepy effects, dimmed the lights, and CASt the walls to look like blood is dripping down them is super creepy. Everything in this section looks old and distressed and certainly haunted! Some of the pattern combinations were a bit jarring, but then again, that could add to the funhouse effect, keeping everyone just a little dizzy and off-kilter. The refreshment area looks like a great place to hang out. Your object choices were spot-on throughout. I really enjoyed your backstory; you put so much though into it. Now we just need to know who died!

Chrischris8894
    I love that you made the front of your funhouse look like an actual clown face - and a balding clown to boot with the trees on the side like hair. Great touch! I like the authentic touch of the ticket booth and turnstiles. Normally the fisheye effect when taking photos for your media is something we advise against, but it actually kind of adds to the funhouse feel in this case, especially with that black-and-white checkered floor. I wish there were some nighttime pics of the graveyard. It's probably really spooky in the dark! I like the way your indoor play area is multi-leveled so older siblings can keep an eye on the younger ones down below. Your maze was probably my favorite part of all. I love how painstakingly you CASt all of the walls in completely different patterns. It would be so disorienting and tricky to get through it! Your stage area is set up nicely with the audience on the diagonal. Jangles has plenty of room for props. Great job!

AND THE WINNER IS...

TONYSTERLING!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Optional challenge goes to Chrischris8894!!!!

Hi all! I had gotten so caught up in the new CL pack for 4 that I forgot to check the results of this challenge. I'm glad you liked it and the haunted house was by far my favorite part as well!

The unfortunate death was that of the mother. She was in love with herself most of all and the attention shown to her child by her new husband instead of to herself caused her jealousy to eventually get the better of her. She plotted to smother the little boy while he slept in his crib. However when she woke in the night to do her deed she was herself killed by... THE GNOME!. The Gnome and the fairy living the backyard loved the little boy more than anyone and upon learning about the mother's plot decided to take action- when the mother pulled back the covers in her son's bed she found the gnome lying there instead, kitchen knife in hand. The tragedy is that the gnome being a supernatural was enjoined from harming humans and so cursed after his deed to lose his living immortality and instead walk the Earth as a ghost forever more. The fairy is seen weeping over his fate in the statue on the second floor next to the elevator. The little boy, though, lived on happily with his new father. They sought adventure through out the world in the hot air balloon on the roof but wherever they traveled the boy could catch glimpses of a transparent green gnome behind a bush, a curtain or reflected in pools of water and hear the fluttering of fairy's wings.

edited December 2017
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #185 REAL HOUSEWIVES OF SUNSET VALLEY

@Kgaff
    This place looks amazing! The Mediterranean style architecture is incredibly well thought out and executed. The wall treatments you have chosen on the exterior really help cement the styling of the home. Great job with the roofing. The landscaping fits really well with the style and you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tool. Your interior layout is well thought out and has a real flow to it, which is great. Your interior palette has helped to create a cohesive feel throughout the home. I spied some great use of MOO and I just adore that master bathroom suite.

Optional Challenge:
    The Battaglia family look fantastic, you have captured that Italian style really well with all of your Sims and it looks like they are enjoying their new neighbourhood.

Suggestions:
    Your landscaping features all feel quite separate, I wonder if some more terrain painted paths around the property may have helped it feel more together. Your family room felt a little bare, lots of wide open floor space that could have been complimented by some area rugs to help define the separate areas.

@ADWilson
    That is one stunning piece of Italianate architecture! Great use of columns and railings to help cement that style. The exterior wall treatments were a great choice. Your layout is well thought out and you have some really great ideas when it comes to object placement. You have some great clutter items in the rooms to help the place feel lived in. You have made some really great use of the CASt system.

Suggestions: Your landscaping feels a little sparse, just a touch of terrain paint might have helped it feel less sterile. Some of your interior pictures feel very dark, perhaps some ‘buydebug’ lighting would have helped it feel a little less dim. Be careful that you don’t zoom out too far when taking pictures, some of your shots have a touch of the ‘fishbowl’ effect.

@creativemetaphor
    What an amazing Mediterranean complex you have created for this challenge. The split levels of the exterior work really well. You have made great choices for the exterior treatments, windows columns etc and your terrain sculpting and painting are great. You also did a wonderful job with the roofing. Your landscaping works well and I love those lavender bushes they really fit the theme. Your layout is well thought out and has a really good flow. Your interior palette fits the build well and helps the whole place feel incredibly cohesive.

Suggestions: Some of your interior shots felt a touch dark, perhaps a ‘buydebug’ light here or there would have helped. Some rooms feel incredibly bear, especially the toddlers room and the office, with no wall art or clutter anywhere. One other small thing, I think a mirror in the master suite closet would have finished that little area off.

@Linzlulubell
    What a stunning example of Mediterranean architecture. The stucco wall treatment fits the style really well, as do the doors, windows and columns etc. You have made some terrific use of the terrain paints, it all feels planned, but natural, not an easy line to walk. Your interior is well laid out, I can tell that you put a lot of thought into how the build would flow. Your interior palette is beautifully soft and inviting, it helps bring the whole build together and you have made some wonderful use of MOO.

Optional Challenge:
    I love how you've created the Battaglia family, it certainly looks like they are enjoying their new home and surroundings. That Lorenzo is going to be heartbreaker when he grows up!!

Suggestions: Considering the neutral tones in the rest of the home, that bright yellow room feels a touch out of place, although it still fits with the Mediterranean style, I’m not convinced it belongs in such a soft, neutral home. Also, I’m not sure what the stereo speakers are attached to outside in the open kitchen, they appear to be floating in midair!

And the winner is:

I couldn't choose between two builds this time around, so we have a tie. Congratulations to @Kgaff and @creativemetaphor!!!

The winner of the optional challenge is:

@linzlulubell
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #183 REAL HOUSEWIVES OF SUNSET VALLEY

@JasonAnthonySterling
    What a stunning piece of modern Mediterranean architecture! The exterior is flawless, great choice of exterior treatments. That flat roof with frieze works incredibly well and I like how you’ve taken the blue onto the roof’s of the garage and gazebo. The landscaping is generally fantastic, I really like how you’ve added the interest to the roof area above the bedroom section. Your interior is really well thought out, your object choice and placement is brilliant as is your interior palette, the whole house has an exceptional flow. You have made some great use of MOO and CASt and your use of flooring to help break up that large central space is incredibly well done.

Suggestions: That expanse of grass area to the front of the house feels incredibly bland, I wonder what some tropical planting areas would have looked like there, it may have just added some interest.

@chrischris8894
    This place looks totally amazing! Your architecture is spot on for the Mediterranean style you chose to work with. The wall treatments were a great choice and your windows and doors help cement the theme. The landscaping you have done looks great, the cypress trees are a great touch. Your interiors are simply amazing, your layout works incredibly well, it has a great flow to it. You have chosen to truly exceptional pieces of furniture that really help to make the place feel incredibly opulent.

Suggestions: Perhaps a little more use of the terrain tools would have helped the landscaping more natural and less plain, especially out front with that large expanse of grass. Some of your interior palette choices are a jumbled, some areas feel very traditional, others quite modern, I don’t think they gel particularly well. You could use a little more lighting, it’s quite difficult to see some of the details on a couple of your shots. Some titles in your showcase would help make judging a little easier.

And the winner is:

@JasonAnthonySterling

The winner of the optional challenge is:

@chrischris8894
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @BuildnShare
    Suggestions: Some of your interior shots felt a touch dark, perhaps a ‘buydebug’ light here or there would have helped. Some rooms feel incredibly bear, especially the toddlers room and the office, with no wall art or clutter anywhere. One other small thing, I think a mirror in the master suite closet would have finished that little area off.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I always forget about the buy debug lights! I wish I'd had more time (I only decided to join 5 days from deadline) to work on it more, but I'm glad you liked the building itself! I agree the contents were... lacking. Darn budgets!
    And the winner is:

I couldn't choose between two builds this time around, so we have a tie. Congratulations to @Kgaff and @creativemetaphor!!!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! Wow!
    And many contgrats to @Kgaff! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top