The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Oh, this takes a sudden turn! :open_mouth: I hope she won't make it, she needs to go back and see what George is up to! Though I don't think he'll do the same to Shai, because according to his letter he still seems to cling to Angel...
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I don't think she's ready. But I'm glad she's trying...either that or she has something left to do... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Poor Angel, her despair in the dark is heart-breaking! I wonder what'll happen with the portal, though. So mysterious :)
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Ooo I have a sneaky suspicion that she will not be able to move forward! She knows the 'he' is at her house...and that 'he' wont let her go :(
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Ooooo
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hi everyone :)
    First of all thanks for reading as always. I didn't plan to let you with this cliffhanger but it just happened. Don't worry more soon ;)
    I am back from holiday and so I start a new story. Don't worry about this one. I guess tomorrow I should be able to update it.
    So here we go:

Explorers of Time
    DkC3D5R.png
    Chapter 11 – The deal

Just one touch. I just needed to touch it once. Now that I was so close to it I could hear whispers. I didn’t know those voices but they tried to say me something. I wanted to understand it but they were speaking very fast and mixed up.

0NmvEzs.png

Then I moved closer to the portal. I had to try it. I ran in the portal with a little jump. When I was in the air I could hear the voices clear now. They spoke all together. They warned me. Go back. It is not your time. But it was already too late. I felt an unbelievable pain in my shoulder were I touched the portal. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. It felt as if I was burning on my whole body and this took my breath. I was spined back. I didn’t know that I could still feel pain but when I reached the ground of the darkness it felt like a physical pain. It was different than the touch of the portal which was hurting the inside of me. This time it felt nearly as if I had a body. Then I suddenly lost any light. For a moment I thought that I would become the darkness now but then I realised that I passed out. I didn’t know how this was possible but I welcomed this kind of darkness.

YquC3IX.png

However, I thought I would have more time of not thinking. Being forced to think the whole time was hard. Being unconscious felt like a needed pause for me.
    “Angel? Wake up. Please. Your light will go out when you don’t stand up. Come on.”
    Who was that again? It was a man and he sounded … kind of worried …
    I opened my eyes and found myself at the end of the stairs to the portal. The deaths helper stood right in front of me.

PYIG9ml.png

With a heavy sigh I stood up and looked sad at him. Why? Why was this happening? I couldn’t do this any longer. I just couldn’t.
    “Why couldn’t I just go through that plum portal? Do you understand to be a prisoner? That there is no way out?”
    “Believe me, I know how this feels.”
    At this I had to think of his situation. How did someone became a deaths helper? Was it something you were born into or was it different? Did he search for a way to escape himself? And was he even dead? I wasn’t sure if he was or not … He seemed much more alive than me. Did that mean that he had a life once? Had he lied to me that he hadn’t a name? Was it forbidden to tell me it or had he may forgotten it … ? Then he continued to speak.
    “I guess I know that it wouldn’t work for you to go through the portal but I guess you wouldn’t have wanted to hear it.”
    He was right. I wouldn’t have listened to him if I could have a chance to get out here.

UN6gglf.png

“What … what should I do now? The darkness pulls me into it. I lose my hope, my memories … I lose everything that makes me to the person I was once. I can’t stay here or I give up. I can’t go up again … I am just scared. There is no other feeling anymore. How should I go through this? How can I not give myself up?”
    I didn’t want to hear an answer from him. I even didn’t wanted to look at him. I wanted to give up now. It was too hard. Too hopeless … too senseless … What would it change if I was gone forever? Who would miss me? I was already dead. What difference was it if I was at the next step or gone forever?

Q4kyl5S.png

I let my head hang down. I wanted to cry or scream or do something a living human would do.
    “Hey, look at me okay?”
    I didn’t do as he told me. Why should I? He couldn’t help me either. I closed my eyes.

FfZfvaI.png

“Please, open your eyes again.”
    I didn’t do what he said. I was lost.
    Then I felt something strange … Something that couldn’t be. I felt a touch on my arm. It felt warm and calming. Somehow it even felt familiar. It was strange. Whenever I had been up in the living world since I died I couldn’t feel anything. I could move objects but I couldn’t feel them in my hands. But this touch … this I could feel …
    I opened my eyes to look at the deaths helper and the warm feeling his touch gave me got stronger.

DT2gYHz.png

“Are you listening now to me?”
    I just nodded unable to say a word. I didn’t want him to stop holding me. I feared I would loose myself again without his touch. I didn’t want to loose the feeling that felt a bit like being alive.
    “We will make a deal, okay?”
    “What kind of deal?”
    “You will go up to the living world again. You don’t have to go every night but at least once a week. You can wait until you think that everybody sleeps but you have to go there again or you will be at this point again where you are now.”

3CO8CE2.png

I felt his second hand on my arm and I knew he tried to look into my eyes.
    “What else?”
    I asked with not more than a whisper.
    “You will try to enjoy every single little good thing that happens to you. You will smile again.”
    I was not sure if he said the following but I thought it or was I imagining things?
    “You will sing again.” No that was just my imagination, right?
    “For that I will try everything to find a way to help you. Whenever you will need me I will be here for you. I will bring you back as long as I see a chance for you to be more than a part of the darkness. I won’t let such a pure soul disappear.”
    He would be the light in this darkness for me. He wanted to help me. I knew he would keep his word and so I decided to do what he wanted from me. I wouldn’t give up if that meant to upset him somehow. Maybe I was still needed and he was right. Everything that happens had a meaning. This would have a meaning in the end and I would understand it one day.

QfHZoFd.png

“Okay. I will do it.”
    For a moment I could swear that I saw a smile on his lips.
    “But …”
    “But what?”
    “But I want a name for you. Something I can call you. Something different than the deaths helper.”
    “I am sorry but I can’t help you there. I had once a name but it is a long time ago and I can’t remember it anymore …”
    “Then allow me to give you one. You bring me back to the light whenever I lose it. You are a real light in this darkness. You make me feel better and less lost. Is Lumen okay for you? It fits I guess …”

PlGI9LP.png

He didn’t answer me. Instead he looked directly at me and the shadow around his eyes got less dark. I starred into his red eyes which looked like those of cat. They shone in the darkness and reflected the light of the portal. He was smiling. His eyes told me that. Lumen softly put his hands away from my arms and stepped back then. Before I could say him to wait the darkness let him disappear. He may have left the darkness now but I could still see his eyes in front of me. His touch on my arms kept me warm.

zCQAxQ0.png

Then I felt suddenly the pull again. It was time to leave the darkness again. I would hold my part of the deal.
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    As much as I want to like this development with Lumen somehow I feel like it's a little ominous. But what do I know I just reading to much into this☺️
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I knew Angel wouldn't be able to go through...
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It seems Lumen likes Angel, but maybe I am wrong and he decided to help her for different purposes... I want to be sure he is honest, so I'll be waiting for the next chapter ;) Thanks for the update, @Marialein, I missed your stories <3
    Oooh, glad she couldn't make herself go through! And Lumen is so mysterious!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    So much mystery around Lumen...
    Hmmm...a handsome boyfriend for Angel? Lol!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Loving this story @Marialein! <3 Great update - so much mystery surrounding Lumen! :o
    Hey I am digging Lumen and his desire to help Angel just seals the deal for me!!!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Are we looking at possible afterlife love here? ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    As much as I want to like this development with Lumen somehow I feel like it's a little ominous. But what do I know I just reading to much into this☺️

Well, maybe :D
    I knew Angel wouldn't be able to go through...

I guess it was kind of obvious. I mean we have a Ambrosia challenge after all ;)
    It seems Lumen likes Angel, but maybe I am wrong and he decided to help her for different purposes... I want to be sure he is honest, so I'll be waiting for the next chapter ;) Thanks for the update, @Marialein, I missed your stories <3

Lumen has his own reasons and some even he doesn't understand … we will know it with the time
    Oooh, glad she couldn't make herself go through! And Lumen is so mysterious!

Yup he is ;)
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    So much mystery around Lumen...

A bit mystery is a must have ;)
    Hmmm...a handsome boyfriend for Angel? Lol!

Maybe :D
    nessanewby wrote: »
    Loving this story @Marialein! <3 Great update - so much mystery surrounding Lumen! :o

Thanks for loving the story <3
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Hey I am digging Lumen and his desire to help Angel just seals the deal for me!!!

Do we have there a little hint for a ship from you?
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Are we looking at possible afterlife love here? ;)

At least we are looking at a possible good afterlife friendship.
    Chapter 12 - Moving on

I sat there in Georges arms watching the sunset. I still couldn’t believe how the time had passed. I was in my sixth month of my pregnancy and I could feel already the tiny feet of my son kicking in there. Now that I was in Georges arms I wondered how I could have ever been afraid of telling him about our child. Yeah it happened but it was a good surprise. I guess I would have never had George on my dating radar without it. He was kind, sweet and romantic. He even suggested to marry me just because of the pregnancy but I said I wanted to try it first with dating. Our first date had been pretty awkward but the more we met the better we felt together. He even always made sure that we went on a date regular.

GaAdc4p.png

Sometimes our dates were pretty simple. We went to a cinema and watched a film or we went to a cafe for something bitter and something sweet. But then George surprised me with these very romantic dates. Not just the picnic at the bluffs today. No. Once we had gone to this very exclusive restaurant. I had been pretty sure that we couldn’t afford even a bean there but George managed somehow that we had had a whole menu. I had to say that I enjoyed it to wear that expansive dress and seeing George in his good things.

L196uFP.png

After four months of dating I decided that it had been the time to ask him to move in. First he hadn’t been sure if it hadn’t been too soon but he felt home pretty soon.

VG667py.png

Speaking of moving in … soon our son would join us and I still had to decorate his room. I got the okay from Mr. Manovas and Mrs. Manovas to change whatever I wanted to in the house. I had been a bit confused a bit because they hadn’t allowed it any other tenant before but they had told me that they had now something more important in their life than to being stuck in the past no matter how much it hurt them to let it go.
    I softly pet my belly. I was still afraid of loosing the child even though the doctor said that I was out of the critical phase. In the fourth month I lost my son nearly and I couldn’t stop fearing to lose him until I held him in my arms. Tomorrow I would have a ultrasound again to check if everything is okay. As always I was pretty nervous …
    “What are you thinking about, Shai?”
    “Just about tomorrow. Worrying as always you know.”

pwsxROG.png

“I guess I can stop you thinking about it.”
    I smiled at him. I knew what would come now. George would kiss me and help me to forget. Sometimes I had the feeling that he wasn’t just doing it for me. He did it for himself too. He wanted to forget something … maybe it was his work. I guess as policeman you see a lot of thing which could make you feel bad.
    But George didn’t kiss me. He shifted around a bit.
    “Hey, what are you doing? How exactly do you want to distract me?”
    “I need to get up for that.”
    “For what?”

THMyudS.png

We both stood up but before I could react was George down on one knee. With a nervous expression on his face he took something out of his pocket. The first thing that came to my mind was frightening me. No I couldn’t I … but there wasn’t a reason to be scared, right? Getting married with a baby on the way in a solid, loving relationship was just logical.

4D1CaYN.png

I was pretty shocked when I saw how big the ring was. How could he afford something like that? It was new that was sure. The diamond seemed to be real as well … Of course it was one of the prettiest things I had ever gotten but … but I would feel better if I knew where he got the money from. George shouldn’t get into debt just for a pretty ring.

dbTjcms.png

I was close to ask him that after he asked me to marry him. Very romantic, Shai, really. As answer to such a question a man wants to hear that. His hopeful looking eyes stopped me. I gave him a quick yes and he put the ring on my finger. It was just logical wasn’t it?

kvDuHfa.png

George drew me closer to him and whispered a I love you which I responded with a I love you too. A soft kiss let me feel better of the whole marring thing. It was the right choice and I bet I would have had regret it if I had said no now. Soon I would be Mrs. George Hausberg.

lO9RVad.png

With a pretty rough kick in my belly my son stopped our kiss.
    “Is he kicking?”
    “I would call it more kick boxing.”
    With that George laid his hands on my belly and felt our childs moves. George would be a great father.

YPCpAPv.png
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    This marriage is doomed I'm afraid. As soon as he sees Angel in that house, things are going to plum. Poor Shai.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Under normal circumstances I would be giddy with joy - but...holy heck...this could be bad right?

Thanks for the updated cant wait to see what happens next!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    This marriage is doomed I'm afraid. As soon as he sees Angel in that house, things are going to plum. Poor Shai.

Shai is in the sixth month but Angel was just gone a bit more over a month … but I agree that marriage doesn't have the best conditions to work
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Under normal circumstances I would be giddy with joy - but...holy heck...this could be bad right?

Thanks for the updated cant wait to see what happens next!

Normally this would be a very romantic chapter but well, not really with all we know from George.
    For the next update you will have to wait a bit. At least until I updated my Amazons. (I am building right now the next station on Lunas travel)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Hmm... The very interesting story begins... I feel sorry for Shai as I don't trust her marriage :/
    I'm so sad for Shai and the baby!! He's a psychopath!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    That one time a marriage proposal is a bad thing...