Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Waterslide Glitch :-(

Comments

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm annoyed too, I was really looking forward to the slide as it was my most requested item to have when i first heard rumor of the pack. I mean I still have the cas the chimes to be excited for but the slide :'(
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue, not sure if it's a graphics issue or just a plain random bug but I have a Intel Pentium CPU G2020 @ 2.9GHz and an Intel HD Graphics 2500. Not a beast but it works good. My graphic settings are Sims-Very High, Objects-High, Lighting-Medium, Reflections-Low-, Effects-Medium, Edge Smoothing-Low, 3D Scene Resolution-Low, View Distance-High, Uncompressed Sim Textures-On, Post Processing Effects-Off, Laptop Mode-Off.

Just to add I removed all my mods before even installing the pack and ran a repair on my game after installing just in case.

Could you try changing around some of that ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I played around with everything but nothing helped.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I had this issue. I have two graphics cards but run TS4 on my dedicated Nvidia 630m.

I'm lazy and hadn't bothered to update my Nvidia for a while. Updated it and the slide is working fine for me now.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Could everyone try to update their graphics drivers as well ?

A friend just solved the problem by updating her Nvidia drivers.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    giphy.gif

Well done Maxis. As always stellar work.

Maxis (like any developer) aren't going to be aware if things don't work on older computers.
    They test on computers with high specs.

This seems to be happening to people with old integrated graphics.
  • egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    Happens to me too :'(
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    egandre wrote: »
    Happens to me too :'(

What is your particular graphics card?
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Mine works fine and I had to add it to the park.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    We're able to reproduce this on our end as well now, thank you everyone for all the info!

When you say things like that, are we to assume it translates into "fix incoming" @SimGuruNick? :) Potentially, at least?

Just checking. <3
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We're able to reproduce this on our end as well now, thank you everyone for all the info!

When you say things like that, are we to assume it translates into "fix incoming" @SimGuruNick? :) Potentially, at least?

Just checking. <3

Potentially. :)

Me confirming that we're seeing the same thing is just my way of letting you guys know we're on top of it, and we likely don't need any additional info at this point. If we couldn't repro, I would instead be asking various questions or for save files. Or in the case of this specific issue, DxDiag info, since this appears to be related to specific Intel graphic chips.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm when or if a fix for an issue, any issue, is coming. That's the same as speaking about future content.

However, the first step in any issue getting fixed is QA being able to repro. So yeah, potentially. :)
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Just checking. <3

Potentially. :)

Me confirming that we're seeing the same thing is just my way of letting you guys know we're on top of it, and we likely don't need any additional info at this point. If we couldn't repro, I would instead be asking various questions or for save files. Or in the case of this specific issue, DxDiag info, since this appears to be related to specific Intel graphic chips.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm when or if a fix for an issue, any issue, is coming. That's the same as speaking about future content.

However, the first step in any issue getting fixed is QA being able to repro. So yeah, potentially. :)

Gotcha. Perfect answer. "It's in our hands now... WIP" Right? :) TYVM!
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    I have no mods and it does this I know it's not my computer so it has to be a glitch

Do you have a chip or a graphics card or both ?

I have no idea and I know it's not my computer because I have all the other SPs and they work fine it's a glitch
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
    edited July 2016
    I'm not filling out some dumb QA form that will do no good why not just fix the problem .Right now I'm a dissatisfied customer but I doubt EA cares about customers

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
    I have no idea and I know it's not my computer because I have all the other SPs and they work fine it's a glitch

It is affecting mainly only Intel users; you'll need to provide a DxDiag if you do not know the specs of your PC. It is good to know if any others are being affected as well (AMD/NVidia; AMD's integrated).
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once you have copied the DxDiag, copy it on Pastebin and post the link afterwards so you do not have to split it into multiple posts.
    http://pastebin.com
    edited July 2016

It is affecting mainly only Intel users; you'll need to provide a DxDiag if you do not know the specs of your PC. It is good to know if any others are being affected as well (AMD/NVidia; AMD's integrated).
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once you have copied the DxDiag, copy it on Pastebin and post the link afterwards so you do not have to split it into multiple posts.
    http://pastebin.com

Um ok but like I said I have all the other SPs and my brand new computer with windows 10 they work just find it's a glitch. I'm not doing DxDiag or whatever because I know it's not my computer causing this it's a waste of time Furthermore I'm not updating anything when I don't need to and I wouldn't know how This is on EAs end to fix not the customers as far as I see it

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
    edited July 2016
    It's all good I'll just either remove backyard stuff from my computer or delete the dumb useless glitchy slide till the problem is fixed .Doesn't do any good to tell EA jack but thanks

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    This is totally happening in my game :'( why tho?!?!?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I haven't had any problems but then I use a graphics card over the graphics chip. Unfortunately the integrated chip just doesn't work as well and as time goes on it'll work less. As someone on here suggested you could try lowering the graphics setting on your computer and see if that helps the situation by putting less demand on what is essentially a lighter grade product.
  • kkellyy15kkellyy15 Posts: 11 New Member
    The same glitch is occurring in my game as well. I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Graphics 6100, 8 GB of RAM, and a 2.7 GHz processor.

I hope the glitch gets figured out. :/
    This is totally happening in my game :'( why tho?!?!?

What is your graphics card?
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    It's all good I'll just either remove backyard stuff from my computer or delete the dumb useless glitchy slide till the problem is fixed .Doesn't do any good to tell EA jack but thanks

I understand you're upset but this isn't helpful. It seems they've figured out what the issue is and they're looking into it. So clearly 'telling them jack' has yielded some results.
  • mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    When my sims slide on the water slide they get flat and go under the slide. Hmmmm.........lol
    MocaJava wrote: »

I understand you're upset but this isn't helpful. It seems they've figured out what the issue is and they're looking into it. So clearly 'telling them jack' has yielded some results.

Ok whatever you say the last I played the problem was still there atleast for me I'm not really worried about it anymore .I just won't use it.If I'd know the dumb thing was going to glitch I'd waited to buy the pack.

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top