Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE HELP

Hey guys. I've been playing TS4 on a really old PC. I only play TS4 on that pc.
I want to know if my MAC will meet the requirements to play the game.
My information is:
MacBook Air (1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory of 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL MEANS THIS STUFF SO PLEASE TELL ME.
If it does NOT meet the requirements, please tell me what should I do.
Consider I've got like 150 ccs or mods and that I've got the Spa Day, Get Toghether, Get to work and Dine out expansion packs
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Well, first of all 4GB of memory may not allow you to run the game at higher settings as the game is pretty memory intensive. We usually recommend that you have 8GB or if possible more.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    NolaRiceNolaRice Posts: 17 New Member
    @Tremayne4260 Okay. How can I add more GB of memory to my MAC? Is it expensive? how much so I can see if it's in my price range. And about the other stuff, it is okay for it to run properly?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hi @NolaRice! You can check here to see if your model can be upgraded.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201165
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    NolaRice wrote: »
    @Tremayne4260 Okay. How can I add more GB of memory to my MAC? Is it expensive? how much so I can see if it's in my price range. And about the other stuff, it is okay for it to run properly?

MacBook Airs cannot be upgraded.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    NolaRiceNolaRice Posts: 17 New Member
    @BluebellFlora 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Im so screwed right now I swear. I just want to play the sims. I can still play it with 4gb RAM, right?
  • Options
    MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
    @NolaRice I play with a laptop that has 4GB RAM (3.88GB useable) but I still thoroughly enjoy the game. I even got a couple of EP, GP and SP installed.

Obviously I can't play at with the fanciest graphic settings, however I don't feel like my game is lagging or buggered up in anyway that impacts the actual gameplay itself. So I guess it'd depends on what you want and expect from the in game graphics and how that affects your enjoyment of the game.
    signature.png
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    NolaRice wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Im so screwed right now I swear. I just want to play the sims. I can still play it with 4gb RAM, right?

Sure you can but the more content you add to the game the slower it will become. And as @Ambera has already pointed out, you'll need to have the graphics settings on the low side.

apple-signature.png