Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Announcement
    Updates this week will hopefully be Tuesday and Thursday, I'll be absent at Friday :)
    Happy simming!
    3.24 Family matters

28-6-16_22-29-44.png

"When are they coming?" Iris asked as she walked into the roomy kitchen. Today she would meet Phantom, Elle and Twan for the first time. Even though Blue is so invested in his family, introducing Iris to her uncle, aunt and cousin just hadn't happened yet. The trio had been on a two months vacation to get help with Twan's issues. They arrived home two weeks ago and would visit today. The gap they hadn't seen each other was long for Farrah as well. As she heard her dad shuffle through the hallway she realised they would probably arrive any minute from now. She then heard a knock. "I think that's them, Iris." Farrah said, smiling at the little girl. "Are they nice?" She asked, making Farrah laugh. "The nicest!"

28-6-16_22-32-03.png

Voices and footsteps approached the kitchen. "Their son is about my age right?" Iris asked, eyeing the hallway in anticipation. "Something like that, but I must tell you Iris..." Yet she lost the little girls attention to her family entering the room. Softly she turned her gaze to them taking their seat.

Were her eyes deceiving her?

28-6-16_22-32-30.png

She clasped her hand before her mouth. "Phantom?" She asked, eyeing her greying uncle. Her eyes went back and forth from her father, to his younger brother. He was younger right? A solid eight years, that's what they told her. Then why did her uncle look twenty years older than her father? "What... What is going on?" She asked, at which she saw her father clenching the back of the chair he was about to sit on. "Are you sick?"

28-6-16_22-37-31.png

Phantom took his seat and sighed. "No dear, nothing like that." He said, trading obvious glances with her father. Farrah then brought her hand to her chest. "Am I sick?" She asked, before rubbing her eyes. "Dad's the older sibling." She whispered. "Why are you so... Old?"
    It felt like the world broke underneath Farrah's feet, Maxime who stood behind her softly squeezed her shoulders. Phantom then looked at her father. "Blue?" He asked with a stern face. "I... Iris, honey. Why don't you and Twan go play for a while?"

28-6-16_22-36-31.png

"That's a hint." Iris giggled. "They need us to leave." Iris was smart enough to catch up on what was happening around her, but she wouldn't disobey Blue's wishes. "Would you like to see my room?" She then asked, jumping of her chair. "We re-did it a week ago, and it's super pretty now. Plus, the closet is amazing." Twan laughed and gave a nod. "Sure." He answered, taking the hand Iris stretched out for him. "Let's go!" She said, running out of the room. The silence that followed didn't leave until they heard the little feet touch the last step of the stairs.

28-6-16_22-40-39.png

"Farrah, honey." Blue said, eyeing his scared daughter. "What you are seeing is what we scientifically call a break-through." Phantom nodded. "When you were a teenager, your father discovered a potion with.. 'freezing abilities.'" He explained. "After making sure it was safe in the lab together, your mother and father tested it." Blue scratched the back of his head. "It pauses the aging of an individual. We are still testing what's left of the potion, which is barely anything. Trying to recreate it.." Farrah brought her hand to Maxime's on her shoulder. "This is an experiment?" She asked, still switching gazes from her father to her uncle. "Yes, and an amazing one." Phantom said. "Your parents' ages hasn't changed in years."

28-6-16_22-39-16.png

Farrah pointed to the stairs. "That's why you took Iris." She stated. "Because you're not as old as I thought you were." Blue nodded. "Indeed." He answered, fiddling with his thumb. "Why didn't you tell me? Do my sisters even know?" Phantom took her hand. "Sweetheart." He started. "This is a very difficult research, we didn't want to bother you girls with it." Blue showed his agreement by nodding. "I.. I'm sorry for hiding this from you." He apologized. "I shouldn't have." He let his face fall in his hands. "Dad..." Farrah said, making him lift his head. "Please, explain. Tell me more." She said, taking Maxime's hand who had taken place next to her. "Help me understand." She pleaded.

28-6-16_22-48-29.png

"Has he visited you yet?" Twan asked as he and Iris circled around each other in their game. "Who?" She asked, disturbed from their fantasy world. "Him!" He said, his feet softly kicking against the bottom of her bed. Iris shook her head. "What do you mean? Santa?" She asked, fathoming if the boy still believed in the man who has been imagination for her since her fifth. "No, not santa!" Twan laughed. He then plopped down on the bed, Iris following his example.

28-6-16_22-47-09.png

"The 'monster' that lives under you bed." Twan said, raising an eyebrow. Iris chuckled. "A monster? Monsters don't live under beds!" Twan shook his head. "I was afraid you hadn't noticed him yet." He said. "This bed has only been her for really short." Iris then said. "I had a double sleeper first, like mo... Sophia and Blue." " Well maybe you should get it back, this one has a monster underneath it!" Twan said, raising his arms. "You shouldn't try to scare me like that." Iris then proceeds to lecture him. "It's not nice, and I'm not falling for it."

28-6-16_22-49-39.png

"I'm not trying to scare you!" Twan then says, hopping of the bed again. He bend over to look beneath it. "He's not here right now, so I can't show you. But if you're nice he'll be your friend." Iris crosses her arms, tired of the boys games. "And what if I am not nice?" She asked daring. Twan's eyes widen. "I tried that once, don't do that. It won't end well." He started shaking his head, his fingers tracing the bottom of the bed. "Don't do that..." He says again, a tear rolling down his cheek. Iris jumps of the bed by the boys sudden mood-swing. "Stop, please! I won't do it!" She sooths him, afraid what the consequences will be if they find Twan crying. "I will be friendly to the monster! I promise!" She repeats herself, making Twan stop. "Oh, okay."

28-6-16_22-46-43.png

"Here Twan." She then continues, sprinting to her toy box. "Do you want to play dress-up? Or with blocks? I have all kind of toys!" Iris tried, flying a superman through the sky. "See?" The distraction worked as Twan joined her at the toy box. "That's so cool!" He said, taking a stuffed animal from it. "Can I play with this one?" Iris nodded. "Yes, you can." She answered smiling.
    A/N
    I just want to note you all and thank @Maladi777 once again for making such an amazing banner for me :blush:
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Farrah, it's alright. They're called potions of youth and we use them all the time in the game... Hehehe :blush:

And I do like the banner! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    :( Awww Phantom....seeing him so old made me sad
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Farrah, it's alright. They're called potions of youth and we use them all the time in the game... Hehehe :blush:

And I do like the banner! :)

Farrah was this close to flipping the table :lol:
    Thank you :blush:
    swcheppes wrote: »
    :( Awww Phantom....seeing him so old made me sad

Me too, he always was a favourite to write!
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    OMG that Banner though @Maladi777 is flipping amazing!! Those LEAVES!! I want to pluck Iris up and put her in my pocket and carry her around all day with me - she is too adorable. I feel so sad for Twan but you know the monster will make his appearance sooner or later and what will Iris think of it? Will she tell her parents or Far? If so, what will they think of little Iris mental state...rhetorical questions because I know you cant say much <3 But as usual I loved this update THANK YOU
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    OMG that Banner though @Maladi777 is flipping amazing!! Those LEAVES!! I want to pluck Iris up and put her in my pocket and carry her around all day with me - she is too adorable. I feel so sad for Twan but you know the monster will make his appearance sooner or later and what will Iris think of it? Will she tell her parents or Far? If so, what will they think of little Iris mental state...rhetorical questions because I know you cant say much <3 But as usual I loved this update THANK YOU

It is adorable! Isn't it <3
    The 'monster' is definitely coming back! What'll happen then remains a mystery for now though :lol:
    And you are very welcome :blush:
    3.25 A proposal

29-6-16_19-04-49.png

Farrah threw her legs over the edge of the bed, somehow she had ended up on the other side. Maxime's side.
    Just as she was about to stand up, a wave of nausea overcame her. The further she came in her pregnancy the heavier it became. Softly she brought her hand to her mouth, would she make it to the bathroom in time? After a few deep breaths the nausea faded away, leaving nothing but a sour taste. About to get out of bed another time, the door opened.

29-6-16_19-05-31.png

"You're awake!" Maxime said entering the room. He was still in his 'nightwear', the only change being his decency to put on a shirt. "Yes." Farrah responded. "I was about to get ready for the day." Maxime smiled as he made his way to the bed. "You were?" He asked, fiddling with her hair. Farrah giggled. "Yes, indeed." She answered. Maxime turned and sat down next to her. "Can I make a suggestion?" He whispered in her ear, making Farrah blush.

29-6-16_19-07-47.png

"You can always try." Farrah answered after a good minute of silence. "But nothing... Naughty please." He raised an eyebrow, before bursting out in laughter. "You think I'd ask you to walk around in lingerie all day?" He asked, making Farrah's pink shade turn red. "Farrah, I wanted to take you somewhere special. I was going to ask you to put on something nice. Like a dress." Quickly she tried to recover herself. "Well, of course." She bluffed. "I was just teasing you." Maxime laughed. "Sure you were, but don't worry." He said, leaning in closer.

29-6-16_19-09-30.png

"If you want to wear lingerie that bad, be my guest." He then pressed his lips against Farrah's, pulling her closer. With her eyes hardly open, she studied Maxime's face, his freckles and age lines. His soft skin. She blushed as she closed her eyes as well.

29-6-16_19-47-27.png

"I can't believe you made me wear my fancy dress to the park." Farrah gushed as they came closer to their destination. "I can't believe you're wearing your suit to the park!" She added, tugging his collar. "What is going on?" Maxime laughed. "All in due time, Farrah. Just trust me." He said, taking her hand. "Okay." She obeyed, not wanting to go against whatever it was he had planned.

29-6-16_19-49-45.png

As soon as they got to the entrance, Maxime turned around and took her hands. "Don't you think this is the most beautiful place on earth?" He asked, his eyes twinkling. Farrah blushed. "It is pretty nice." She admitted, admiring the flowers to her left. Maxime softly tugged her hands. "Yes, and doesn't it hold such a value for you?" At this questions Farrah's eyes turned wide. "Why?" She asked, trying to recover any memories. Maxime laughed. "Your grandmother build this, your father grew up here and married your mother." He gushed.

29-6-16_19-53-36.png

Maxime then dropped to one knee. "I met you here." He added, making Farrah turn crimson. "Maxime?" She tried, but he went on. "I know it holds emotional value for me, because of that." Farrah nodded as she watched his hand going towards the pocket on the inside of his suit. "You've been such an important part of my life ever since then." A tear softly wetted Farrah's cheek as Maxime pulled a small velvet box out. "Farrah."

29-6-16_19-51-35.png

"Will you marry me?" He asked, as he opened the box and took a golden ring from it. For a minute the worlds seemed to pause, and as time went by Maxime's face got slightly concerned. But then Farrah softly took the ring from his fingers. Admiring it for a seconds before slipping it on. She smiled softly at him. "Yes.." She whispered in a hoarse voice, as one tear fell after the other. Maxime smiled as he stood up, wiping some tears away. "Are you okay?" He asked, after which Farrah immediately nodded. "Yes, just... Emotional. It's probably the hormones."

29-6-16_19-54-45.png

"I love you." Farrah then whispered as she came close. "And I love you." Maxime responded, slipping his arm around her waist. Softly he pulled her closer. "And I always will, I promise." He then pressed his lips against hers, like he did so many times.
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Aw.. It was so sweet! <3 Congrats to Farrah and Maxime :)
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @Sterretjeee Grace is so pretty and your third generation looks awesome as well!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Okay, I have finally warmed up to Maxime. This was beautiful. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    YAY ::happy dance:: so cool! Congrats you beautiful lovebirds!!
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Right, Maxime has officially earned my trust and I will give the happy couple my blessings for the big day :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    I can finally say that I do like Maxime now :smile:

And I hope Valentine comes back! I really liked the idea of him and Troian, best friends falling in love. Cheesy, but so cute!
    Aw.. It was so sweet! <3 Congrats to Farrah and Maxime :)

Thank you! <3
    @Sterretjeee Grace is so pretty and your third generation looks awesome as well!

Thank you! Gen 4 on the way!
    Grace is their last name, though. The heir right now is called Farrah :)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Okay, I have finally warmed up to Maxime. This was beautiful. :)

Glad to hear so, things might still turn around though :smirk:
    YAY ::happy dance:: so cool! Congrats you beautiful lovebirds!!

dancegif.gif
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    This was so cute! <3

Thank you! <3
    Right, Maxime has officially earned my trust and I will give the happy couple my blessings for the big day :)

You aren't the only one! :lol:
    No relationship is perfect after all, tables might still turn though :smirk:
    SamiNY623 wrote: »
    I can finally say that I do like Maxime now :smile:

And I hope Valentine comes back! I really liked the idea of him and Troian, best friends falling in love. Cheesy, but so cute!

Hahaha! Finally someone who ships Valentine and Troian besides myself! :lol: (Yes I totally ship them)

3.26 Two times in a row

29-6-16_20-11-06.png

Farrah just returned from a bathroom visit, in the middle of a restless nice. Her belly had been a play garden ever since she went to lay down and after hours of tossing and turning she gave up and decided that after going to the bathroom she'd go downstairs and watch some drama's. However she never made it past the bed, her contraction's began right there and then. A loud scream escaped her mouth as she clenched her fists.

29-6-16_20-11-20.png

After the second contraction Farrah bend over in pain, she yelled Maxime's name hoping to wake him, but it was like he was in a coma. "Please..." She whispered, as she slowly lowered herself to the floor. Leaning against the cabinet with her elbow. "Maxime!" She brought out once again, a grunt coming from the other side of the bed. "Farrah, go to sleep." He murmured, but at least he was awake. "They're coming." Farrah said, after which another moan of pain escaped her mouth. At her words Maxime jumped out of the bed, his eyes slightly in panic. "They're coming now?" He asked, after which he noticed Farrah sitting on the floor. She didn't need to answer.

30-6-16_15-20-16.png

After a twelve hour long labour, Farrah held her eldest born Margo Cormier-Grace. Softly cuddling the small girl. It had been a long run, but now she was finally home after three days of hospital, and it was worth it. They were worth it. As she pressed the gurgling baby against her chest, Maxime entered the room. Without any words he bend over the second crib they borrowed from Troian.

30-6-16_15-22-19.png

While Graham Cormier-Grace was the second born, he had proven himself to be healthier than his sister. It hadn't been a surprise, the ultrasounds had already confirmed that her brother made her life in the womb hard. It resulted in their three day stay in the hospital. But apart from being a little smaller and crying more often, Margo was a healthy little girl.

30-6-16_15-24-34.png

"In the end we both got what we wanted." Maxime joked, Farrah smiled in response. "Truthfully, I just wanted them to be healthy." She said, before kissing Margo on her head. "And thank the watcher they are." Maxime, followed her example and softly kissed Graham. "How are you so wise?" He asked, making Farrah laugh. "I just am." She teased, something she only dared with Maxime. He stuck out his tongue before laying Graham down. "Now let me hold my girl." He semi-ordered, making Farrah laugh. "Fine, Graham needs his mother too sometimes." Another smart response, maybe that's what being a mother did to her.
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Aww so cute! I love the names of the nooboos!
    Twins!! Margo and Graham are going to be stunning and I can't wait to meet their little personalities. <3 Thanks for the update <3
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Twins! Great! Are you going to test the new nanny?
    I sooo can't wait to see what they look like as kids. I suppose we can safely say they'll have brown eyes. :smile:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Waiting when twins will become older :) Congrats to Farrah and Maxime <3
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Aww so cute! I love the names of the nooboos!

Thank you! It was quite a difficult pick :lol:
    Twins!! Margo and Graham are going to be stunning and I can't wait to meet their little personalities. <3 Thanks for the update <3

Yes twins! The massage wasn't just a massage :lol:
    I can't wait to see them too, I want to develop them soooo badly
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Twins! Great! Are you going to test the new nanny?
    I sooo can't wait to see what they look like as kids. I suppose we can safely say they'll have brown eyes. :smile:

I might just do that! Maybe when they are kids though. I'm super curious for their looks as well :lol:
    Waiting when twins will become older :) Congrats to Farrah and Maxime <3

Thank you! <3
    Marialein wrote: »
    Twins :) YAY. But seriously Farrah was huge :D Can't wait to meet them

Yeah she was, it was hard not to give it away :lol:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited July 2016
    I finally caught up! i think the proposal was the first time we've heard Farrah say she loves Maxime? I wasn't too sure how she felt about him. To be honest I'm still not. I'm sure she does care for him, but it seems quite... Lukewarm. but then again, we know Farrah, she's not exactly one for dramatic gestures. She likes to mull things over.

I think Maxime is a nice guy, but he definitely somewhat guilted Farrah into the baby thing. I don't think it was intentional, but still... Personally, him repeating how much he wants to start a family with her from practically day one really put me off of him, it just seemed kind of desperate. If I was in Farrah's shoes it would be a huge turnoff for me. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with his personality. I'm just not sure how much of his grand love for Farrah is actually his fear of his bilogical clock ticking..l

It was nice to see Valentine again, he looks good. Troian was such a jerk to him. I mean, he didn't really do anything wrong. He was a confused teenage boy that barely knew what he wanted himself. Is that really something that justifies holding a grudge for several years, Troian? Me thinks not.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to say how adorable Iris is! I just want to hug her!