Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show your Sunset Valley

Comments

• blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Thanks for the info. I would love to build dive lots in most all of worlds. Diving is a lot of fun. Also uploading some of your builds would be pretty sweet. Tempted to download a empty world and build it. Seems like that should be fun.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @BlackSand

Thanks for that link on Dive lots tutorial I have always stopped myself from learning how to do it because I read that all the other worlds apart from IP are too shallow and I have experienced that sometimes in player made worlds where if you move the camera away from the diving sim even just a little it throws the camera straight out of the dive lot every time so now when I want to send my sim on a diving vacation I use Nrass vacationer mod and send them to IP but it would be nice to have them in other worlds if it worked properly.. I will read the info thanks:)
  • Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Hi @SPARKY1922! Thank you for listing all the links. My sims are going to have so many new places to entertain themselves. I noticed you said you like gyms that incorporate a lot of goodies. I downloaded an awesome gym from @chopin27. I think it is 50x50 lot.

Thank you again!
    @Circus-of-Cats

You are very welcome and yes I do use @chopin27 builds including that gym in worlds where I have more room but if you have IP the sound of waves house built at Hobart's way surf island is awesome to play in..

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8261883
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Blacksand my jaw dropped looking at those pics. If you're not an interior designer in real life, you really really should be. Gorgeous lots. I grabbed your beach house last night and it's stunning inside and out, set to be a favourite.

@SPARKY1922 thanks for all the links to some great lots, I've had to pretty much start over after my hard drive died and got replaced, so this is fun collecting downloads.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Okay I definitely need to look into updating my SV a bit. This thread is amazing. @BlackSand I must agree with everyone else that your builds are phenomenal. Probably the biggest change I've done is built a big resort overlooking the beach.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Great lots @SPARKY1922 , @BlackSand and everyone else. I'm getting some good ideas to use. I love seeing all the pictures.
    @cwaddell There really are so many good ideas that I want to start totally over and makeover everything now.
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @cwaddell There really are so many good ideas that I want to start totally over and makeover everything now.

Me too. Show us your pictures if you do. :)
    @Scrapdash

You are welcome I think we ought to have more threads like this concentrating on one world at a time because when players drop in to show their remodels we all get some great new builds and ideas to use :)

@coco I would love to see some pics of your resort :)

@cwaddell don't forget to come back with some more pics when you start remodeling again :)
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @cwaddell and @coco ... Thanks for the lovely comments.

@Scrapdash ... Thanks for the comments.
    I don't do interior design ... But there are some classic color combinations that always work.
    Such as ... Black and gold will always look sophisticated ... And so on.

I experiment more with textures than patterns.
    I want the sofa to say ... "I belong here" ... Not ... "Don't you just love this pattern".

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,548 Member
    Well, I kind of feel embarrassed to post my Sunset Valley after seeing so many awesome pics... but here goes...

View from the main beach:
    Screenshot-10.jpg?dl=0

I love having a lifeguard there!
    Screenshot-11.jpg?dl=0

I changed the other nearby beach into a 'real' one too:
    Screenshot-12.jpg?dl=0

View of the central area:
    Screenshot-14.jpg?dl=0

I need to take out the fire station though (next to the hospital) as I no longer have Ambitions installed.
    @elanorbreton What do you mean? Your Sunset Valley is awesome!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,548 Member
    Awww... thank you @blazerntq you are so kind.
    @elanorbreton I agree with @blazerntq

I really like some of the things you have done, that lifeguard station is lovely and looks great right on the beach, the second beach area looks fab with that port area added and the way you have mixed the various community lots and laid out your park area provides a variety of different colors and shapes to the town area so I think you have done a really good job :)

edited July 2016
    So here's my resort that was built a couple of years ago. It's okay, nothing special and only looking at it now I realise there might be slightly too many palm trees haha.
    Screenshot-231_1.jpg
    Screenshot-232_1.jpg
    Screenshot-233_1.jpg
    This thread has given me inspiration to start giving my lots a makeover. I've started with the community pool and I'll upload the pics when I'm done :)
    Now I might actually take my sims to the pool sometime :)
    Screenshot-234_1.jpg
    Screenshot-238_1.jpg
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @coco ... Love what you did with the pool.
    I like the off-set irregular walls and the foliage right up against the pool.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    @Coco I love what you have done with the pool as well, I also think the resort looks fab right on the beach, its something I never think to do as I am not a very good builder and if the ground is even slightly uneven I make an even bigger mess of it :)
    Thanks @BlackSand and @SPARKY1922 :). I was playing around with the curved walls and thought that they looked somewhat like waves so they stayed.
    @elanorbreton and @coco Love what you've both done with the beach area and pool.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    That pool is awesome! So many great ideas on this thread! XD
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Oh my! These are absolutely awesome! May I ask how long it took to re-model Sunset Valley? I want to try it myself as I tried, but do not have the patience, to use CAW, but I don't want to take toom much time out of actually playing the game with my sims :)

If I decide I will defiantly post pictures! :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Beautiful Sunset Valley re-creations. I want them all!!!
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Oh my! These are absolutely awesome! May I ask how long it took to re-model Sunset Valley? I want to try it myself as I tried, but do not have the patience, to use CAW, but I don't want to take toom much time out of actually playing the game with my sims :)

If I decide I will defiantly post pictures! :)

I don't have CAW, I redo all my towns just in Edit Town but it definitely can become time consuming. I do a little bit of work on the town then play a bit and go back to redoing the town when I get bored with that.